What happens if the individual mandate is eliminated?

no they don't? how do they pay taxes without a social security card? or tax Id? please enlighten me. Are you saying they submit a form 1040? Come on man, tell me you're not.

Good quality counterfeit SS cards can be made with a litho machine in your bedroom closet ... south of the border we could rent some space and do birth certificates, SS cards ... maybe even a small intaglio press ... employers will hire these people, put them on payroll and withhold taxes ... the employer sends SS taxes in, not the employee ... and yes, SS gets money all the time where the SSN is bogus, there's no account to credit the money to ... the illegal alien will never ask to collect it ... easy to turn a blind eye to free revenue ...

That's one of the illegal parts of being an illegal alien ... they're working on payroll here, that's illegal ...
so they don't fill out a 1040 right?
Actually, many illegals have income taxes withheld from their paychecks. And yes, they don't file a 1040, so no refund.

If an individual decides to not buy health insurance.

The person gets in a car accident and ends up with a $200,000 hospital bill, They cannot pay it.

Who pays it?

This is an easy one. The hospital will put a medical lien on the personal injury case, and its bills will be paid from the settlement funds (usually at a negotiated or court-determined discount, in a process known as equitable distribution) or from the damages awarded by the jury, which will include a breakdown of the damages for past medical expenses.

This literally happens aaallll the time, and hospitals do not even bat an eye at it. They even have employees who deal almost exclusively with coordinating everything needed to get paid when a patient presents with injuries sustained in an auto accident. It matters not whether the patient does or does not have health insurance, as even the health insurer gets subrogation for any payments out of the recovery (for that reason it can actually be worse for the plaintiff if the health insurer pays). And that doesn't even begin to cover all of the creative ways medical bills are handled in these situations, such as letters of protection.

Last edited:
What happens if the individual mandate in Obama care is eliminated by the Supreme Court or Trump?

Anyone can decide to not buy health insurance.

The person gets in a car accident and ends up with a $200,000 hospital bill, They cannot pay it.

Who pays it?
That $200,000 bill isnt just for your car accident but for the 20 illegal aliens who have visited and demanded service without paying a dime. Someone had to fork over the bill, it is just convenient that you a paying customer gets the shaft. Want lower costs, then round up the diseased mother fuckers and send them back to where they belong...

How American Citizens Finance $18.5 Billion In Health Care For Unauthorized Immigrants

3A4F72C800000578-3930792-image-a-8_1478990571249.jpg
The citizens who do not insure themself are making us pay for them. Illegals are one issue. Citizens who do not buy insurance are dead beats expecting us to support them.
What else are you willing to extend that notion too, that we pay for those who don't insure themselves? By insure, I actually mean ensure and that translates to those who refuse to work, or refuse to do other things in their lives that in the end, cost us money.

Or is it only "Insurance" that you are willing to enforce an individual mandate upon?

What happens if the individual mandate in Obama care is eliminated by the Supreme Court or Trump?

Who pays it?

We go back to the bad old days ... primary care at the ER ... at tax-payer's expense ... the singularly most expensive way to administer health care ... see Zander post #2 ...
how's it any different? isn't the lack of healthcare always at the tax payers expense. people who don't work still get money. right? how does that work? tax payer expense? you all crack me up on your lack of logic.

Well ... who do you think pays for it? ... the guy comes in unconscious, needs emergency neurosurgery, three weeks on life support, four months aphasia ... now we find out he was homeless, not a penny to his name ... who pays the hospital? ...
who do you think pays for them today?

I said the tax-payers ... you said I was wrong ...

I repeat ... who do you think pays for it? ...

Who pays it?

We go back to the bad old days ... primary care at the ER ... at tax-payer's expense ... the singularly most expensive way to administer health care ... see Zander post #2 ...
how's it any different? isn't the lack of healthcare always at the tax payers expense. people who don't work still get money. right? how does that work? tax payer expense? you all crack me up on your lack of logic.

Well ... who do you think pays for it? ... the guy comes in unconscious, needs emergency neurosurgery, three weeks on life support, four months aphasia ... now we find out he was homeless, not a penny to his name ... who pays the hospital? ...

i said who pays for any of the bills the poor can't? tax payers. so what changes? that's my point. why inflict an economic virus and kill 85% of americans to impose a universal healthcare to fix a 15% problem? A problem that what ever the fix, tax payers pay for? com si com sa

Who pays it?
I thought congress did away with it in 2018? I realize its up before the SC, but …..

If the dems ever regain both houses of congress and the WH, the simple fix is to do what they should have done in the first place, which is do the same thing as Medicare. You can buy into Medicare at anytime after 65, but if you don't buy in at age 65 without being covered by another insurance scheme …. you're well and truly fucked economically unless you have a LOT of money.

Who pays it?

This is an easy one. The hospital will put a medical lien on the personal injury case, and its bills will be paid from the settlement funds (usually at a negotiated or court-determined discount, in a process known as equitable distribution) or from the damages awarded by the jury, which will include a breakdown of the damages awarded for past medical expenses.

This literally happens aaallll the time, and hospitals do not even bat an eye at it. They have employees who deal almost exclusively with coordinating everything needed to get paid when a patient presents with injuries sustained in an auto accident. It matters not whether the patient does or does not have health insurance, as even the health insurer gets subrogation for any payments out of the recovery (for that reason it can actually be worse for the plaintiff if the health insurer pays). And that doesn't even begin to cover all of the creative ways medical bills are handled in these situations, such as letters of protection.
This. This is what happens.

And then the person often goes bankrupt.

i said who pays for any of the bills the poor can't? tax payers. so what changes? that's my point. why inflict an economic virus and kill 85% of americans to impose a universal healthcare to fix a 15% problem? A problem that what ever the fix, tax payers pay for? com si com sa
Yeah, and now that Cuba is open, those seeking universal healthcare can go there for their medical needs, right?

Are you under the mistaken opinion that I'm in favor of universal health care? ... you'd be wrong ... I advocate a complete dismantling of the health care industry ... limiting ownership shares to the doctors and nurses themselves ... put the "care" back in health care ...

Rural medicine, have three kids if you want two to survive ... easy peasy ...

Yeah, and now that Cuba is open, those seeking universal healthcare can go there for their medical needs, right?
why not? I heard they're literate now. only literates can have healthcare. ask bernie.

BTW, that's the most stupidest thing I ever heard in my fking life. and the msm gives him a break. hahahaahahahaahahahaaha

Are you under the mistaken opinion that I'm in favor of universal health care? ... you'd be wrong ... I advocate a complete dismantling of the health care industry ... limiting ownership shares to the doctors and nurses themselves ... put the "care" back in health care ...

Rural medicine, have three kids if you want two to survive ... easy peasy ...
ok, your posts were misleading. If you're there, I'm with you.

Who pays it?
Didn't Congress get rid of that already by eliminating the monetary punishment from the tax code?
Basically, several states impose fines.

i said who pays for any of the bills the poor can't? tax payers. so what changes?
That's the depth of your analysis, eh? Fascinating. Dude, you're not even trying.

what changes is a larger risk pool, leading to lower premiums. What changes is care would be delivered more efficiently, lowering per capita costs. What changes is that preventive care, especially, would be more efficient, lowering per capita costs.

here's a starting point for you:

Look at the better health outcomes and lower costs of every other modern, developed country in the world. How 'bout them "changes"?

I would say that the goal of healthcare since the Rockefeller clan took it over and killed holistic medicine practices isn't to heal the patient but rather in making money treating symptoms that the AMA has caused via tainted vaccines and the poisoning of air, food, water, etc,etc. I

Wow... so you are an anti-vaxxer, too? Why am I not surprised. Is there any crazy you won't sign on to?

Realistically. Since the 1960's, life expectancy in the US has increased. It's increased more in countries with single payer, universal health care.

2wczw-total-life-expectancy-at-birth-in-years-1980-2017.png

so they don't fill out a 1040 right?

Well ... no ... why would they report illegal income to the government? ... that's such an odd question ... do you use the 1040 long form? ...
Whoa, is THAT why our government has the lackadasical attitude that it does when it comes to "undocumented" AKA as unlawfully in the country individuals? So that they can continue to exploit them by allowing them to pay money into our system but not allowing them to receive what rightfully should go back to them in the form of a refund check because they're not "unlawfully" here? Because to allow that would be "illegal" on the part of our government?

On the other hand, why do they continue to allow "illegal income" if they know about it?

i said who pays for any of the bills the poor can't? tax payers. so what changes?
That's the depth of your analysis, eh? Fascinating. Dude, you're not even trying.

what changes is a larger risk pool, leading to lower premiums. What changes is care would be delivered more efficiently, lowering per capita costs. What changes is that preventive care, especially, would be more efficient, lowering per capita costs.

here's a starting point for you:

Look at the better health outcomes and lower costs of every other modern, developed country in the world. How 'bout them "changes"?
If I pay more in taxes or pay more in doctor bills, how the fk do you know which is more severe than the other? perhaps christian groups pick up the poors bills. but my taxes are still my taxes. you all fall off your wagon so frequently, your bruising helped remove your cognitive thought.

Who pays it?
Health insurance coverage is no longer mandatory at the federal level, as of January 1, 2019. Only 5 states still require you to have health insurance coverage to avoid a state tax penalty.

Carrying health insurance, is the right thing to do, even if it's just a catastrophic policy. Most people that don't carry any insurance believe that if they get seriously ill or have an accident they will take out a policy. The problem with this line of reasoning is that if you have a healthcare emergency, there is no time to shop for insurance. It typically takes 30 to 45 days to get coverage and it is not retroactive. When you're in a hospital bed and a doctor tells you that you need cardiac surgery now, are you going tell him, it will have to wait a month or so till I get some insurance. Not a good idea.

If you don't have insurance and you got to the doctor, you will pay unbelievable prices. If you have insurance and you have not meet your deductible, you pay the healthcare provider the health insurance company contracted rate, say a $1,000 but if you have no insurance, you will be bill at the top rate, say $5,000. There is a big advantage in having insurance even if you have not met your deductible.
You know your stuff. Thanks.

not so much,,,
I've had a few times I paid cash and it was less than what they charge if I had insurance,,,one was to the emergency room,,,
Hospitals policy really differ when to come to a discount. If you give them a credit card before you enter the ER, they are not likely to give you any discount on the charges. You can usually get a discount from the hospital after they bill you and you tell them you can't pay. The problem with getting a discount in advance is they don't have a clue as to what your bill might look like and they don't know how much you can pay. However, I would not count on any discount being more than what they typically get from insurers.

Forum List

Back