What happens to the Dow if Sanders is the nominee?

AzogtheDefiler

The Pale Orc
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 4, 2018
Boston, MA
93a27cf9a6712306cde09323d73d6183

The markets clearly dislike Warren and Sanders is even worse. My clients are already pulling back a little as they are not convinced Trump will win a 2nd term and that a moderate like a Klobuchar would be the alternative. They are not thrilled with the likes of Sanders, Mayor Pete, or Warren. Sanders openly vilifies Wall Street and anyone who is "rich" by his obtuse definition. Despite some differences most Democrats and Republicans are capitalists and don't want to see their retirement savings and investments evaporate.

I welcome your thoughts.

The markets clearly dislike Warren and Sanders is even worse. My clients are already pulling back a little as they are not convinced Trump will win a 2nd term and that a moderate like a Klobuchar would be the alternative. They are not thrilled with the likes of Sanders, Mayor Pete, or Warren. Sanders openly vilifies Wall Street and anyone who is "rich" by his obtuse definition. Despite some differences most Democrats and Republicans are capitalists and don't want to see their retirement savings and investments evaporate.

I welcome your thoughts.

Ah but you didn't take into account that the moon was in sesquiquincunx to Uranus that day, plus it rained in Tierra del Fuego --- these, in combination with the fact that the numerological palm readings of "Sanders" and "Warren", divided by their average shoe size, is exactly 0.23589 of the maximum speed of a swallow, is what made it happen.

Short version here.

Do you think the Dow relies so heavily on just a single bit of news? ... leaders of the 30 most powerful "Blue Chip" companies are only looking at poll numbers to decide future dividend payments? ...

Stupid me always thought it was more complicated than that ... but what do I know, the Pass Line is my best investment ...

• Banned
Do you think the Dow relies so heavily on just a single bit of news? ... leaders of the 30 most powerful "Blue Chip" companies are only looking at poll numbers to decide future dividend payments? ...

Stupid me always thought it was more complicated than that ... but what do I know, the Pass Line is my best investment ...

Are you asking me or Bloomberg?

America has survived bad presidents before, but none as bad as Sanders

The economy really runs on the perception of the public and businesses.
Sanders will open the door for class warfare again and those with money will quit investing and expanding or hiring expecting a punitive policy pushed by the Executive Branch.
The literal minute Trump was elected you could almost taste and feel the perception of a President friendly to business. Folks started buying again, consumer confidence felt a boost and the trend has continued with record low unemployment.

Sanders promises to punish the wealthy with envy politics and that really hurts us all in the end.

Sanders will open the door for class warfare again and those with money will quit investing and expanding or hiring expecting a punitive policy pushed by the Executive Branch.
The literal minute Trump was elected you could almost taste and feel the perception of a President friendly to business. Folks started buying again, consumer confidence felt a boost and the trend has continued with record low unemployment.

Sanders promises to punish the wealthy with envy politics and that really hurts us all in the end.

Actually the literal minute Rump was elected, markets took a nose dive. I remember it.

Actually the literal minute Rump was elected, markets took a nose dive. I remember it.
Short lived and now breaking records.
You believe that trend would continue with Sanders hypocritical views of envy and class warfare?

I was responding to this:

I welcome your thoughts.

If this is a direct quote from Bloomberg's ... then I guess I'm asking Bloomberg's ... maybe clarify in the OP that it is Bloomberg's who's welcoming our thoughts ... not you ...

Thev,

I welcome your thoughts.

Ah but you didn't take into account that the moon was in sesquiquincunx to Uranus that day, plus it rained in Tierra del Fuego --- these, in combination with the fact that the numerological palm readings of "Sanders" and "Warren", divided by their average shoe size, is exactly 0.23589 of the maximum speed of a swallow, is what made it happen.

Short version here.

The .23589 number is the combined iq of Sanders and Warren. Just wanted you to be aware of that correction before you start adding more numbers to your decoder ring.

If the Commie sonofabitch is elected (heaven forbid) he will immediately use the government to steal the wealth and income made under Capitalism and give it to the welfare filth.

Other countries have done that and it always ends in disaster.

I welcome your thoughts.
Nothing really because the market already knows this election belongs to Trump. But if any demodumbass wins the election by some freak of nature event, it goes right in the tank and stays there.

I was responding to this:

I welcome your thoughts.

If this is a direct quote from Bloomberg's ... then I guess I'm asking Bloomberg's ... maybe clarify in the OP that it is Bloomberg's who's welcoming our thoughts ... not you ...

So you are asking me. OK. Yes, speculation is a major driver. Most still believe DJT retains but as we get closer to November it will get interesting.

Short lived and now breaking records.
You believe that trend would continue with Sanders hypocritical views of envy and class warfare?

Ha ha. I see what you tried to do there.

The markets clearly dislike Warren and Sanders is even worse. My clients are already pulling back a little as they are not convinced Trump will win a 2nd term and that a moderate like a Klobuchar would be the alternative. They are not thrilled with the likes of Sanders, Mayor Pete, or Warren. Sanders openly vilifies Wall Street and anyone who is "rich" by his obtuse definition. Despite some differences most Democrats and Republicans are capitalists

I welcome your thoughts.
You read my mind! I was literally thinking about this exact question yesterday and wondering how Sanders would respond to that question. I hope somebody asks him in the next debate.

So you are asking me. OK. Yes, speculation is a major driver. Most still believe DJT retains but as we get closer to November it will get interesting.

Wait ... what? ... I thought we were discussing the DJIA, who have Congress in their back pocket ... bought and paid for ...

Now, the DJT might well be vulnerable to Democrat policies ... recession in that sector would reduce CO2 emissions ... maybe railroads have a bit of advantage there ... as you said, it will get interesting ....

Forum List

Back