🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What happens when a tax cut doesn't cut people's taxes so they'd notice?

89_2-da71.jpg

Gotcha, half the country is in poverty and can't pay taxes. Ssssuuurrreeeee they are ...

No, half the country doesn't make enough money to pay taxes.

Sorry, how is that different again? You're saying half the country is in poverty? Wow, you're a fucking imbecile. You think half the richest country in the history of man is in poverty. You're a mind swilling leftist elitist

Majority of Americans don't have $500 in savings - Jan. 12, 2017
money.cnn.com/2017/01/12/pf/americans-lack-of-savings/index.html
Jan 12, 2017 - Nearly six in 10 Americans don't have enough savings to cover a $500 or $1,000 unplanned expense, according to a new report from Bankrate. Only 41% of adults reported having enough in their savings account to cover a surprise bill of this magnitude. ... Last year, only 37% of Americans ...

And that's poverty?
Not poverty, but broke

With all the unhealthy stresses that poverty brings, but more so, because all the government help if you are poor, passes them by.....because they are working hard in jobs, and are passed by, on any gov't help.

They, 50%of Americans do not have $500 bucks in a savings account for unexpected needs , like for new tires, a new refrigerator or stove replacement, a root canal, or unexpected broken home furnace replacement.....

People are not being paid enough, to have any kind of savings.....they are living day by day, just skirting by on their daily expenses.....

Welcome to life. My point was about poverty. This is a different discussion.

But that it's their employer's fault is just stupid, Karl

China's currency manipulation reversed in 2014 due to the massive debt they ran up buying US treasuries. Their exports to USA have been in decline every since. Trump will do everything he can to take credit.
And................they banned Beef sales in their country for 14 years..........

And...............they subsidize products for export to put others out of business

And .............they overproduce goods to try and monopolize products such as steel

And..............the EU has placed large Anti dumping measures on corrosion resistant steel

And...........China places Anti dumping measures on our Chicken.......over a 100% yet sells us their chicken.....

I posted lengthy issues with China on another thread a while back...........Trump is right

Eagle, is your chart on trade deficits, only on imported/exported GOODS or does it include SERVICES imported/exported as well?

China's currency manipulation reversed in 2014 due to the massive debt they ran up buying US treasuries. Their exports to USA have been in decline every since. Trump will do everything he can to take credit.
And................they banned Beef sales in their country for 14 years..........

And...............they subsidize products for export to put others out of business

And .............they overproduce goods to try and monopolize products such as steel

And..............the EU has placed large Anti dumping measures on corrosion resistant steel

And...........China places Anti dumping measures on our Chicken.......over a 100% yet sells us their chicken.....

I posted lengthy issues with China on another thread a while back...........Trump is right
Yes Trump was right prior to 2014. Obama taxed their tires in 2009 & Bush taxed their steel before that. But the deficit grew wildly until China began choking on their debt caused by their currency manipulation. Since then things have been getting better for USA. Now Trump pissed them off so they banned recycling from US, We have trash pileing up on US ports & our trash bill went up $240 per home in 2018.

Sorry, how is that different again? You're saying half the country is in poverty? Wow, you're a fucking imbecile. You think half the richest country in the history of man is in poverty. You're a mind swilling leftist elitist

Jan 12, 2017 - Nearly six in 10 Americans don't have enough savings to cover a $500 or $1,000 unplanned expense, according to a new report from Bankrate. Only 41% of adults reported having enough in their savings account to cover a surprise bill of this magnitude. ... Last year, only 37% of Americans ...

And that's poverty?
Not poverty, but broke

With all the unhealthy stresses that poverty brings, but more so, because all the government help if you are poor, passes them by.....because they are working hard in jobs, and are passed by, on any gov't help.

They, 50%of Americans do not have $500 bucks in a savings account for unexpected needs , like for new tires, a new refrigerator or stove replacement, a root canal, or unexpected broken home furnace replacement.....

People are not being paid enough, to have any kind of savings.....they are living day by day, just skirting by on their daily expenses.....

Yes, you are right that it is not ALL of their employer's fault, but stagnate wages for over a decade certainly contributed. And once they start to rise again, the workers will never make up for the near decade they lost in what would be considered normal wage increases due to inflation....

When you are in the position of not being able to have even $500 in savings for emergency, then everything affects them.... if heating oil goes up, if gasoline prices go up, if electric bills go up, if food costs go up, they are 'shit out of luck' as well....

And that's poverty?
Not poverty, but broke

Yes, you are right that it is not ALL of their employer's fault, but stagnate wages for over a decade certainly contributed. And once they start to rise again, the workers will never make up for the near decade they lost in what would be considered normal wage increases due to inflation....

When you are in the position of not being able to have even $500 in savings for emergency, then everything affects them.... if heating oil goes up, if gasoline prices go up, if electric bills go up, if food costs go up, they are 'shit out of luck' as well....

Anyone can save $500 for an emergency. They just don't do it. You make it sound like what we spend isn't our choice. Most of those people still eat out, have a newer, nicer car than they need. Have three TVs with cable. They chose those things over a $500 savings.

And no one's pay is the fault of their employer. If you work for them, they made you the best offer. If it's not what you want to earn, you need to ask yourself what you're doing wrong. But blaming whoever gave you the best deal is just wrong. And probably that attitude is a part of why you aren't earning what you want to earn

And no one's pay is the fault of their employer. If you work for them, they made you the best offer. If it's not what you want to earn, you need to ask yourself what you're doing wrong. But blaming whoever gave you the best deal is just wrong. And probably that attitude is a part of why you aren't earning what you want to earn
yes, that is how it was when I was working and had a career....If I was not happy with my pay, then I worked hard as hell for a promotion within the company, and even left them to go work for another company if it was offering me at least $10-15k more than I was making...that's how I ended up in Massachusetts from a job in Florida....

but let me tell ya, the same opportunities and wage increases were not there for my assistants, who worked harder than heck for me....if the Corporations I worked for were giving no raises, there was nothing I could do about it...

But all of us at the top, still made out, because they found other ways to give us "raises", whether in bonus checks, or stock options....we didn't get hurt....

While my assistant, one in particular, busted her butt for that company and had been there 10 years longer than me....I could not have done as well as I did, coming in to a new company/corporation, without her knowledge of how things worked in the corporation....

She was limited on where she could go to work, she could not just pick up and move, she had 3 young kids, and her and her husband were just "getting by" and they could not afford the cost of daycare, so her parents took the place of Daycare and took her kids in.....while she and her husband were working....they did not live an elaborate life, they worked all the time....

I have witnessed this happening more than once....with good hard working people, that are being paid way less than they are worth by the corporations they work for....I could do, only so much with what increases the corporation gave them or with trying to get them a promotion....

For some people, life sucks, and then you die.

As a female, I can empathize with what's happening to other good people out there, that get lumped in to the category of who you claim they are...people who spend too much or are wasteful or should just quit and go work elsewhere, or all those other things that you claim they should do and is all their fault, for not doing them....

Life is NOT a one size fits all.

And there are millions of hard working people out there that just can not get ahead....

Since the military needs to be taken care of better and it's really one of the only things the federal government should be doing in the first place is that complaint very far off?

The Fed Govt should be defending the nation, not defending other nations and nation building.

Our miltary is not underfunded, it is mismanaged and abused by politicians that use it for their own personal play toys.
I don’t disagree with that.

Eagle, is your chart on trade deficits, only on imported/exported GOODS or does it include SERVICES imported/exported as well?
I believe it is on goods only...................but the Trade deficits are there for all to see...............

Yes Trump was right prior to 2014. Obama taxed their tires in 2009 & Bush taxed their steel before that. But the deficit grew wildly until China began choking on their debt caused by their currency manipulation. Since then things have been getting better for USA. Now Trump pissed them off so they banned recycling from US, We have trash pileing up on US ports & our trash bill went up $240 per home in 2018.

Yes there are consequences to retaliation.....................But the abuses of what China has done need to be challenged.........and that will not happen without a hard stance......................The EU is doing similar things..........don't see people slinging everything but the kitchen sink at them for doing so............

Harder stances have already opened up the Beef exports when they have been banned for 14 years.........China and Japan as well have used a 2003 Mad cow outbreak in the U.S. to justify a Ban LONG LONG past the incident....................

Again, they are getting away with a lot of crap..........time to fight back.

and yes.......there will be consequences just as Bush found out when he did the same thing..................there is no instant gratification in a Trade fight.

yes, that is how it was when I was working and had a career....If I was not happy with my pay, then I worked hard as hell for a promotion within the company, and even left them to go work for another company if it was offering me at least $10-15k more than I was making...that's how I ended up in Massachusetts from a job in Florida....

but let me tell ya, the same opportunities and wage increases were not there for my assistants, who worked harder than heck for me....if the Corporations I worked for were giving no raises, there was nothing I could do about it...

But all of us at the top, still made out, because they found other ways to give us "raises", whether in bonus checks, or stock options....we didn't get hurt....

While my assistant, one in particular, busted her butt for that company and had been there 10 years longer than me....I could not have done as well as I did, coming in to a new company/corporation, without her knowledge of how things worked in the corporation....

She was limited on where she could go to work, she could not just pick up and move, she had 3 young kids, and her and her husband were just "getting by" and they could not afford the cost of daycare, so her parents took the place of Daycare and took her kids in.....while she and her husband were working....they did not live an elaborate life, they worked all the time....

I have witnessed this happening more than once....with good hard working people, that are being paid way less than they are worth by the corporations they work for....I could do, only so much with what increases the corporation gave them or with trying to get them a promotion....

For some people, life sucks, and then you die.

As a female, I can empathize with what's happening to other good people out there, that get lumped in to the category of who you claim they are...people who spend too much or are wasteful or should just quit and go work elsewhere, or all those other things that you claim they should do and is all their fault, for not doing them....

Life is NOT a one size fits all.

And there are millions of hard working people out there that just can not get ahead....

Well, obviously I can't comment on a specific company. There are good ones and bad ones. But if the company is not recognizing and rewarding their good employees, then they either are already failing in the market place or they will. It is the marketplace that protects employees. Government sure the hell doesn't.

And again, if those people stayed, your employer made them their best offer. So I'm still not seeing the problem

Gotcha, half the country is in poverty and can't pay taxes. Ssssuuurrreeeee they are ...

And that's poverty?
Not poverty, but broke

Or perhaps they are just spending too much trying to keep up with Jone's. About everyone I know that goes around poor mouthing have high dollar Iphones and expensive data plans. They also drive newer cars they can barely afford. It's more about instant gratification than not making enough money.

Then maybe you should donate your savings to the government that you seem to love so much.

If you don't know what my point was, why did you respond?

I know exactly what your point was cry baby, the fact is you don't know what your saving will be till you file your taxes next year. It will only save me about 200 per year, you don't see me crying about it. I'll happily smile at my good fortune.

I got a great tax cut. Also was just informed we are getting an unplanned bonus next month. Thanks president Trump!
you don't really care who is going to pay for your meager tax cuts do you?? Wait till prices go up and those cuts disappear like farts in the wind

"Meager"? Hmm. There are a lot of people who will get at least 1000 dollars. Which to them is quite a bit. A rich person wouldn't notice it, hence nancy pelosi and her crumbs comment, but to those who are lower middle class that thousand bucks is meaningful. Of course when you're a welfare slug it pisses you off because that is money that you don't get to steal, but to those who are getting it they say "yeah, we need this".

And the Dems fought against those people getting anything.

Not a smart move, nor is your continued railing against it.

I got a great tax cut. Also was just informed we are getting an unplanned bonus next month. Thanks president Trump!
you don't really care who is going to pay for your meager tax cuts do you?? Wait till prices go up and those cuts disappear like farts in the wind

"Meager"? Hmm. There are a lot of people who will get at least 1000 dollars. Which to them is quite a bit. A rich person wouldn't notice it, hence nancy pelosi and her crumbs comment, but to those who are lower middle class that thousand bucks is meaningful. Of course when you're a welfare slug it pisses you off because that is money that you don't get to steal, but to those who are getting it they say "yeah, we need this".

And the Dems fought against those people getting anything.

Not a smart move, nor is your continued railing against it.
Donald Trump signing the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
BRENDAN SMIALOWSKI/Getty Images

When Republicans passed their $1.5 trillion tax cut in December, very few Americans expected to personally benefit from the legislation. Depending on the poll, somewhere between one-sixth and one-third of adults anticipated that their own tax bill was about to go down. In reality, far more households probably stood to benefit. The nonpartisan Tax Policy Center, for instance, estimated that about 80 percent of Americans would get a cut.

Why were so many people confused about what the tax cut meant for them individually? There were lots of theories. Maybe it was the press coverage, which tended to highlight the potential losers from the legislation, and how it would disproportionately benefit the rich. Maybe it was a bad sales job by Republicans, who made the mistake of rolling out early drafts of the bill that would have hiked taxes on more middle-class families than the final version. Maybe the public is just instinctively skeptical about large pieces of legislation rushed through Congress without much debate.

Forum List

Back