What happens when democrats take back power?

John Shaw

Gold Member
Jul 22, 2017
Because they will eventually. The house, the senate, and/or the oval office. They will regain control, especially given how unpopular this administration and the republican party currently are.

We'll have to go through ALL this bullshit again. They'll just rip down everything Trump and the republicans are doing right now, since it's all being pushed through reconciliation. So everything going on right now is basically a waste of time, effort, and taxpayer dollars.

Does no one else take issue with that? Am I the crazy one?

Because they will eventually. The house, the senate, and/or the oval office. They will regain control, especially given how unpopular this administration and the republican party currently are.

We'll have to go through ALL this bullshit again. They'll just rip down everything Trump and the republicans are doing right now, since it's all being pushed through reconciliation. So everything going on right now is basically a waste of time, effort, and taxpayer dollars.

The country will die in less than a year of Democrats controlling all branches of government.

This is the way the game is played ... you may win the World Series on year and then back to last place the next.

The only difference between politics and baseball is that baseball players typically don't have access to nuclear weapons.

This is the way the game is played ... you may win the World Series on year and then back to last place the next.

The only difference between politics and baseball is that baseball players typically don't have access to nuclear weapons.

Well it's a real shit way to run a government, in my view.

With any luck the Dems will take back the Senate and never again will the same party hold both of them. That would be the best possible thing to happen for the country.

They ain't changing SCOTUS are they?

No. But SCOTUS doesn't write law. And the conservative judges are supposed to be constitutionalists, remember? They don't bring their own politics into it. Or so they say ...

With any luck the Dems will take back the Senate and never again will the same party hold both of them. That would be the best possible thing to happen for the country.

The best possible thing would be the dissolution of the two-party system and getting money out of politics ... but since that ain't gonna happen, I'll settle for bipartisanship.

And since that ain't gonna happen, I'll settle for aliens blowing up Washington D.C.

To be fair ... if you want everything to be handed to you by government and have them injecting themselves into every part of your private life, yes ... it's a terrible way to run things.

If, however, you want government to be an inconsequential spectator sports .... it's working fine.

thats all it is anymore. we dont accomplish anything together - we spend our time in office taking apart what the last admin did.

it's idiotic and so counter productive but people just hate "the other side" so much it's pathetic.

Last edited:

To be fair ... if you want everything to be handed to you by government and have them injecting themselves into every part of your private life, yes ... it's a terrible way to run things.

If, however, you want government to be an inconsequential spectator sports .... it's working fine.

Disagree. A government that keeps flip flopping/shuffling the deck every 2, 4, 8 years ... is a chaotic one. Chaos runs contrary to stability. We need government for civilization to function, and whether that government is small and out of the way or big and intrusive, these partisan war games are not healthy in any way I can fathom.

A government that keeps flip flopping/shuffling the deck every 2, 4, 8 years

Only the parties change ... the game never changes. If the Yankees always won ... the game wouldn't be fun to watch.

Well, we're talking about the lives of millions of people here. Not some stupid game. There's more than just money at stake, too ...

Well, we're talking about the lives of millions of people here. Not some stupid game. There's more than just money at stake, too ...

Baseball affects the lives of millions too. And of course there's more than money ... there's also merchandising ...

what-its-like-to-sell-political-merchandise-for-a-living-body-image-1479169171.jpg

Another way to look at it is that the handing power back and forth between parties every few years acts as a crude sort of control system. The other party takes power, and takes down or modifies the most extreme laws the previous party implemented.
It isn't efficient but somehow it seems to keep America more or less chugging along in the middle of the channel and not going into the rocks.

Another way to look at it is that the handing power back and forth between parties every few years acts as a crude sort of control system. The other party takes power, and takes down or modifies the most extreme laws the previous party implemented.
It isn't efficient but somehow it seems to keep America more or less chugging along in the middle of the channel and not going into the rocks.

Is this an "if it isn't completely busted, don't fix it" argument? Because I think we can do better than that.

Forum List

Back