What has happened to us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll tell you why there is this increasing insanity, if you will. Among the aging baby boomers and those over 35 generally, there is a sense that all we grew up with is lost. Nothing is the same. The Country, the environment, its people, our place in the world are not what they were even thirty years ago.

People are lashing out. Floundering for an answer. Who is to blame they ask? Some one is.

The answer is no one is to blame. It is the changing world itself and neither Donald Trump nor any person on earth can bring us back to where we were. Those days are dead and gone.

So, if you can't go back and you are apprehensive about the future, what are your options? For those that reject acceptance, there is anger, scapegoats, depression are the usual answers.

We should come together as a nation to face these challengers, but as anyone who has spent more than 10 minutes on this forum knows, there are people who absolutely hate and despise anyone that disagrees with their view. So, I expect this division to deepen before it gets better.

It will get better as soon as we come back to reality that we live in one nation.

View attachment 225332

We all need a little fairy dust about now.

It's only politics and if you think any of our crabbing and whining is making a bit of difference where our government is actually run.... you're taking this too seriously.

Will you call out CNN, Colbert, and the rest of the left hate media?

sk101118dAPR20181011044510.jpg

"You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about," "That's why I believe, if we are fortunate enough to win back the House and or the Senate, that's when civility can start again."

Really,

You are comparing this to the Trump hate spewing????
It is difficult to compare them since the "Trump hate spewing" exists only in disturbed imaginations like yours.

Really. You are actually going to say Trump does not spew hate? The Press knows it, Democrsats know it. Independents know it. The world knows it. The only ones that don't are the uneducated ignorant Trumpettes.
Apparently, you don't know it since you are unable to find examples of it.

View attachment 225332

We all need a little fairy dust about now.

It's only politics and if you think any of our crabbing and whining is making a bit of difference where our government is actually run.... you're taking this too seriously.

maxresdefault.jpg

I didn't think you would.

Let's face it, you support and promote violence by the left against the right.

You become outraged if is backfires, but as long as Americans are the victims, you're all for violence.

cb101018dAPR20181010014507.jpg
I'm all for peace and respect for each other's opinions, coexisting with my neighbors regardless of their religion or crazy militia ideas. Just do me the favor of actually replying to my posts instead of spewing stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. Of all the people on this thread, did you really think it was rational to point that at me? No matter how hard you look, you will never find me applauding violence by the left. Ever. Not on my crabbiest day.

Your all for peace as long as the right shuts up and does as they are told.

You advocate for the elimination of the bill of rights. That is not peace.
What do you call putting limits on how much an organization can push rhetoric that glorifies hatred for an entire group of people?

options, well 2 more years of Trump but those 2 years are pretty much assured so are not options . After those 2 years , well the best choice and option will be Trump for another 4 years . After that , who knows but Mike Pence might be the good Option . And nice thing about Pence is that i hear that he is more hated by the left and liberals , dems than the TRUMP is JohnL .

View attachment 225282

Last week....

A Florida man was arrested after sending mail bombs to prominent Democrats and Trump critics. His online activity was full of hateful rhetoric targeting Democrats and minorities.

A man with a history of violence shot and killed two African-Americans in a Kentucky Kroger store following a failed attempt to barge into a black church.

And Saturday morning, a man shouting anti-Semitic slurs opened fire at a Pittsburgh synagogue, killing 11 people attending Jewish services.

What is happening to us?
Deep down at our most primal level, we're a violent species. We've been killing each other since we could pick up a rock or branch and the only thing that has changed in our primal behavior, is the tools used in the killings. You add in provocative incitements by those considered to be leaders or respected members of our society and the possibility for violence increases.
In the past, Democrats and Republicans were cordial to one another, however, over the years, each side has polarized too far to one side of the spectrum or another. Somebody like John F. Kennedy, a Democrat who was a nationalist and strong on defense and borders, couldn't get chosen as a Democratic candidate for president in today's environment. To the left, the only viable candidate for them, has Marxist tendencies (and we lost thousands men's lives to combating the lock-step mentality of Marxism, in the Korean and Vietnam conflicts, so it's mind-boggling to think the left now considers it acceptable.
Somebody like Theodore Roosevelt, a progressive-Republican would find it difficult to be backed on the Republican ticket, as he was for introducing Social Security (but thwarted by Conservatives of the era).
We've just gotten too extreme in our politics and all need to take a step back and find middle ground.

maxresdefault.jpg

You become outraged if is backfires, but as long as Americans are the victims, you're all for violence.

I'm all for peace and respect for each other's opinions, coexisting with my neighbors regardless of their religion or crazy militia ideas. Just do me the favor of actually replying to my posts instead of spewing stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. Of all the people on this thread, did you really think it was rational to point that at me? No matter how hard you look, you will never find me applauding violence by the left. Ever. Not on my crabbiest day.

What do you call putting limits on how much an organization can push rhetoric that glorifies hatred for an entire group of people?
A strawman argument.

A strawman argument.
Okay. I don't think Coyote wants to go down that trail, necessarily, so I'll let you get away with that. But I'll see you in the funny papers.

View attachment 225282

Last week....

A Florida man was arrested after sending mail bombs to prominent Democrats and Trump critics. His online activity was full of hateful rhetoric targeting Democrats and minorities.

A man with a history of violence shot and killed two African-Americans in a Kentucky Kroger store following a failed attempt to barge into a black church.

And Saturday morning, a man shouting anti-Semitic slurs opened fire at a Pittsburgh synagogue, killing 11 people attending Jewish services.

What is happening to us?
Don’t forget incessant murder in Chicago, etc., too.
Drug abuse, depleted family structure and alienation exacerbated by social media.

It wasn't until the advent of social media that average Americans realized just how much they were despised by the left. They were too busy working, raising their families and watching monday night football to pay much heed to politics. Many of them even voted for Democrats because they believed the sappy slogans about tolerance and diversity. But now, when "WE HATE YOU AND WANT YOU DEAD" is broadcast 24/7 by massive media corporations it's impossible to ignore.

That's what happened.

A strawman argument.
Okay. I don't think Coyote wants to go down that trail, necessarily, so I'll let you get away with that. But I'll see you in the funny papers.
I have no idea what you are talking about. Do you?

View attachment 225282

Last week....

What is happening to us?

EVERY TIME, I disagree with a democrat, I am called a vile hateful name of some sort, such as racist or nazis.

That makes me very mad and makes me look at them as the enemy.

You want to stop the hate and division, stop believing that anyone that disagrees with you, has to be Evil.

You can begin by stopping attacking other people. It's always African-Americans who are wrong, women are wrong, LGBTs are wrong, Muslims are wrong, Latinos/Latinas are wrong, and all down the line, and YOU have the answer, which is that all of these people have to get with your program. How about cooperating in friendship with all of these people? How about stopping your aggression and pomposity toward others? Why not try shutting your mouth and listening while others speak?

View attachment 225282

Last week....

What is happening to us?

EVERY TIME, I disagree with a democrat, I am called a vile hateful name of some sort, such as racist or nazis.

That makes me very mad and makes me look at them as the enemy.

You want to stop the hate and division, stop believing that anyone that disagrees with you, has to be Evil.

You can begin by stopping attacking other people. It's always African-Americans who are wrong, women are wrong, LGBTs are wrong, Muslims are wrong, Latinos/Latinas are wrong, and all down the line, and YOU have the answer, which is that all of these people have to get with your program. How about cooperating in friendship with all of these people? How about stopping your aggression and pomposity toward others? Why not try shutting your mouth and listening while others speak?
"You can begin by stopping attacking other people." Perhaps you can, too.

We're on it right now, Coyote. Social media and anonymous sites are giving people a chance to nurture their hate. This country has made a poor choice with its interpretation of the 1st Amendment, as well, and allows speech that is way outside the realm of acceptable discourse. Put the two together and you've got.....this past week.

Wrong. "Unacceptable discourse" is protected as well. In fact, that is the whole point of the thing.
Being permitted & being acceptable are different things.

Radio stations can no longer broadcast the crap that Limbaugh puts out.

Congress can vote to censure Trump

We can choose to boycott advertisers that support hate speak.

We can fight back on the lies told by politicians especially the ones we support.

And when these people incite violence, we need to stand up & denounce it.

The MAGA bomber opted to take out the people Trump said were our enemies.

The Pittsburgh shooter believed the migrant caravan was an invasion force funded by Jews.

Roving white supremacist killed black people because they were taking over our country.

Where did they get these ideas???

We have thousands og troubled people. All they need is a push.

Quit supplying them this push.

Great points

Intelligent enough to know bullshit when I smell it.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, pumpkin...
I love it when people try to copy me.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery you know.

I have no idea of what you speak. Link?
You gotta be fukin' kidding me.

No, I have no idea what you're talking about. In what way am I "trying" to imitate you?
Lol "link"?

An attack on the 1st amendment.

Look, CNN disgusts me and I agree they glorify and promote hatred, 24/7 - BUT without the freedom to say what we think, then we are slaves. CNN hates white people and Christians and calls for genocide. The response is for good people to respond with condemnation of them. Silencing the opposition is the act of tyrants.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, pumpkin...
I love it when people try to copy me.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery you know.

I have no idea of what you speak. Link?
You gotta be fukin' kidding me.

No, I have no idea what you're talking about. In what way am I "trying" to imitate you?
Lol "link"?

Whatever, sparky... you're the one who claims I'm trying to imitate you... just thought you might have an example...

View attachment 225282

Last week....

What is happening to us?

Propaganda and self-imposed limits to listening to that which one is TOLD is ‘faux’

Last edited:
View attachment 225282

Last week....

What is happening to us?
Can you name anything good done by the people who received packages?
Fascinating post.

Yup. I sure did. And a portion of the following shit fest.

Tell me more about responsibility.

Responsibility in relation to what?

We have thread after thread after thread about left wing violence.

The article I quoted stated this:

These narratives about aggressive left-wing violence aren’t just distorted. They are dangerous, because they set the stage for replacing democratic institutions with authoritarian rule. Provoking street violence and blaming it on their opponents is exactly how totalitarian regimes have gained power in the past.

Is it wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back