What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, this is terrible. I think I know of a solution though: If you have children, STF away from our borders.

Then it clearly is not so terrible to you. It's a human cost you find WORTH IT.

They don't see them as human.
No.....we see them as criminals.

You see them as an invading horde who might as well be aliens from another world.
No....I sympathize with them.
The Democrats have promised them streets of gold and they get here and discover it ain't all that great.[
/quote]

That's a lie.

But they figure that the shithole they came from is so screwed up even living on welfare in America is a step up....and after living in CA for 8 years, welfare is a decent alternative.
The problem is, the flood of illegals makes it easier for criminals to pour drugs into the US.
They also have a strange habit of driving wages down wherever they decide to live because they're willing to accept extremely low wages.
20 people living in the same home making $4/hr each adds up.

Illegal immigration has been on a downturn beginning with the Obama administration. I have no idea why you fear them so much or pretend that everyone agrees illegal immigration should be stopped. What we more than likely do need is increased legal immigration as we are going to need people to fill jobs because our workforce is not going to keep up with our aging population. Of course you're not really for legal immigration either.

Yes, this is terrible. I think I know of a solution though: If you have children, STF away from our borders.

They don't see them as human.
No.....we see them as criminals.

You see them as an invading horde who might as well be aliens from another world.
No....I sympathize with them.
The Democrats have promised them streets of gold and they get here and discover it ain't all that great.
But they figure that the shithole they came from is so screwed up even living on welfare in America is a step up....and after living in CA for 8 years, welfare is a decent alternative.
The problem is, the flood of illegals makes it easier for criminals to pour drugs into the US.
They also have a strange habit of driving wages down wherever they decide to live because they're willing to accept extremely low wages.
20 people living in the same home making $4/hr each adds up.
Le

You have to look beyond the first generation. For starters we actually need more immigration as we are not having enough children to sustain us as older generations retire. While the first generation of immigrants tend to be poorer, the 2nd generation catches up rather quickly and negates most if not all welfare used by the first generation. Your own link alludes to this, I guess you didn't read that part.

You won't read this either but at least there are pictures so no excuses.

Second-Generation Americans

Second-generation Americans—the 20 million adult U.S.-born children of immigrants—are substantially better off than immigrants themselves on key measures of socioeconomic attainment, according to a new Pew Research Center analysis of U.S. Census Bureau data. They have higher incomes; more are college graduates and homeowners; and fewer live in poverty. In all of these measures, their characteristics resemble those of the full U.S. adult population.

Hispanics and Asian Americans make up about seven-in-ten of today’s adult immigrants and about half of today’s adult second generation. Pew Research surveys find that the second generations of both groups are much more likely than the immigrants to speak English; to have friends and spouses outside their ethnic or racial group, to say their group gets along well with others, and to think of themselves as a “typical American.”

Nifty chart:
SDT-2013-02-07-Immigrant-Gen-1-01.png

He was talking about ALL of them, dumbass. Besides, if you would look at 3rd generation, the statistics would again revert.The reason being the better people try to escape out of the country. However, their offspring will revert to the mean.
I happen to agree with that one. Donald Trump is 3rd generation, a better example of the faults of immigration can't be given.

You don't punish children for the acts of their parents, period. That includes low-income American kids.

And I'd like to know why we keep ignoring the root problem of all this: The countries directly to our South are so horrible and corrupt, that not only are people desperate to escape them, but their own LEADERS are more than willing to HELP escape them while they blame US.

Why is this root cause never in this conversation? No perceived political advantage for either tribe?

I don't think most ever denied they are shithole countries. Which is exactly why we don't want those people here, they will make this country a shithole, too. Just look at their voting patterns, IQ and the fact that they committed a crime.

It's their fault that the child gets punished, if they are willing to risk it, not our problem. Otherwise, everyone will be coming in with their child.

People who come asking for asylum are NOT committing a crime and as such should not be treated as criminals.

My family is about to split apart because I can't find a job that'll pay the rent. My sister is disabled but not disabled enough to collect disability. They say she can still do a sit down job. My mother is retired. And two nephews. I lost my previous job because of a political post made in a news group that got cross posted onto Facebook. I lost my last job because I checked the wrong box on a form and accidentally charged a customer $299 more than we both thought I was charging him. oopsie. Can't find another job that'll pay the rent because all the illegals have driven wages down too low to support a family without a 4 year college degree.

You sound like the perfect Trumpster. Can't get a job, blame the brown people...when the truth is your own actions have led to you being unemployed.

You don't punish children for the acts of their parents, period. That includes low-income American kids.

And I'd like to know why we keep ignoring the root problem of all this: The countries directly to our South are so horrible and corrupt, that not only are people desperate to escape them, but their own LEADERS are more than willing to HELP escape them while they blame US.

Why is this root cause never in this conversation? No perceived political advantage for either tribe?

I don't think most ever denied they are shithole countries. Which is exactly why we don't want those people here, they will make this country a shithole, too. Just look at their voting patterns, IQ and the fact that they committed a crime.

It's their fault that the child gets punished, if they are willing to risk it, not our problem. Otherwise, everyone will be coming in with their child.

People who come asking for asylum are NOT committing a crime and as such should not be treated as criminals.

Yes, well those people are not illegal immigrants. Unless they cross the border without permission. I am talking about illegal immigrants.

My family is about to split apart because I can't find a job that'll pay the rent. My sister is disabled but not disabled enough to collect disability. They say she can still do a sit down job. My mother is retired. And two nephews. I lost my previous job because of a political post made in a news group that got cross posted onto Facebook. I lost my last job because I checked the wrong box on a form and accidentally charged a customer $299 more than we both thought I was charging him. oopsie. Can't find another job that'll pay the rent because all the illegals have driven wages down too low to support a family without a 4 year college degree.

You sound like the perfect Trumpster. Can't get a job, blame the brown people...when the truth is your own actions have led to you being unemployed.

Near record low unemployment and they still want to blame brown people. Sheesh, what a bunch of losers they are.

Acceptable to whom? It wouldn't occur to the left to adopt a couple of kids or go down to the Border and assist like some Christian charities do. All illegal aliens are to them is a political tool. The left treats illegal entry into the United States like some PITA project where illegals are considered ignorant animals who migrate and have no concept of child care. The U.S. does it's best to respect human life but the responsibilities fall on the illegal aliens who already risked the lives of children getting to the border.

Last edited:
Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump:
"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.
Human cost????? I don't see any mention of the human cost American families bear that your bleeding heart supports committed by the constant flow of human debris you support over them.

Acceptable to whom? It wouldn't occur to the left to adopt a couple of kids or go down to the Border and assist like some Christian charities do. All illegal aliens are to them is a political tool. The left treats illegal entry into the United States like some PITA project where illegals are considered ignorant animals who migrate and have no concept of child care. The U.S. does it's best to respect human life but the responsibilities fall on the illegal aliens who already risked the lives of children getting to the border.
I think trying to give your child a better future is the essence of child care. For instance one of the main reasons my wife who is American and me, I'm Belgian choose to live in Europe is that we feel that our kid has a better future in Europe. The larger the disparity between the country you come from and the country you emigrate to the more risks you will take in order to provide your kid that future.

Last edited:
"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.
Human cost????? I don't see any mention of the human cost American families bear that your bleeding heart supports committed by the constant flow of human debris you support over them.
------------------------------------------------- It is amazing to me to see the low esteem that these lefties hold currently living Americans and American youngsters and children who will have to SHARE with third worlders who want to take and own all that the USA has Manon .

Their own parents punish them.
Its really sad. It reminds me of some parent sin our country but at least they arent leaving them in another country and shit.
Take it up with them instead us and our laws.
Emotion can NOT run a country.

There is no human cost for them.
That would require that immigrants are viewed as human in the first place.

Who's human cost are you talking about? Kate Steinle's life? Kayla Cuevas and Nisa Mickens who were hacked to death by MS-13 members in Brentwood in 2016? Other Americans killed by illegals? The problem is Liberals who promote illegal border crossings by setting up sanctuary cities and campaigning for open borders. Stop enticing people to come to the southern border and the problem is solved on so many levels.

Oh God not another liberal bleeding heart sob story. There's a billion kids in the world who are far worse off, starving to death, getting their arms and legs blown off. Why haven't you sacrificed for them? Go ahead donate 40% of your wealth to that cause. :eusa_hand:

amazing to me , my parents and relations fought for ME and other widdle Americans like me when they fought overseas as young 20 year old men in WW2 . Then after forming families and putting 'IKE' in power as President . 'IKE' did the correct thing with his operation 'wetback' . Now these new people and Fifth Column of 'other than Americans' in the USA want to give the USA to their third world families and friends . ---------------- its amazing to me .

No illegal aliens-children or otherwise-should be allowed to stay. Zero tolerance. End of story.

How about the unnecessary separation of children from their parents?

Unnecessary? Really?
“Parents” get caught robbing a bank...they’re prosecuted and sentenced to years of incarceration...do they forfeit their children to “the system” due to their own actions....or do we send the children to live in their prison cell with them?
Come on people....THINK. This is such simple shit.

That is not the way the immigration system as worked before. The children and parents are housed together until they get their hearing. It isn't a criminal court system.

Do you have anything that supports that or are we expected to take your word on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back