What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
End the war on drugs and the welfare state and we won't need to worry about illegal immigration.

End the war on drugs and the welfare state and we won't need to worry about illegal immigration.
I think it's past that.
There is a market for these kids operating on both sides of the border, since we've allowed human trafficking to become mainstream.

Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump:
"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.

Isn’t it time that bleeding heart suckers add some credibility to this whining by starting with the condemnation of the piece of shit criminal wetback parents first?
Whatta ya say...seem like rudimentary logic to you?
Are you native American? If not then by your logic you came from criminal scum. If the only 'crime' people commit is searching a better future. And it's a 'crime' that's worth the future of an entire family I suggest that you be deported as a member of a family that looked for a better life.
The Very First Americans May Have Had European Roots | Smart News | Smithsonian

You are punishing the children

Their parents are punishing those children, and putting them in harm's way, to reap benefits the the parents are not entitled to.

Actually, many are attempting to either escape extreme poverty or violence to better their own lives but your way sounds so much more dismissive and palatable.

You forgot to mention that my way is also the correct way. Beats catapulting your children over the wall, hoping it gets you in. How irresponsible of the parents, turning their own kids into potential meal tickets.

Your way is treating people as inhuman. Turning their kids into meal tickets? That's just idiotic. Like most parents they want better lives for their own kids.

Then stop using the children for ill gotten gain.
Would you shove your kid over the border of some country, hoping they will pave the way to freebie land for you?
5b0dafa31ae66245008b4885-750-375.jpg

^ Meal tickets. NOT good parenting, but the end justifies the means according to you, Happy?
I can't imagine putting my child through this, when legal options are available.

Last edited:
Yes, this is terrible. I think I know of a solution though: If you have children, STF away from our borders.

Then it clearly is not so terrible to you. It's a human cost you find WORTH IT.

They don't see them as human.

It's the parent's fault.
They know that they are breaking the law.
This is what America has come to. Sad. So very sad.

What has it come to?

The Central American parents send their children here alone.
They know that our laws are such that we can't ship them back
and we hold them until they are placed in a foster home.

The vast majority of these kids that everybody is talking about came
here alone. They are missing because the phone calls to the foster homes
have not been answered.

When we send a mother to prison we do not let the child go with her.
Why should we treat those people any different.

Trump lost 1500...huh? Obama, according to reports lost over 4100...why
no outrage then?

You seem to know a lot about these children. How many do you know? Personally, I mean.

"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.

If the illegals care about children, then they won't try and cross the border with them.

Since they don't, why in the hell should we? And why in the hell should we let them in the country, given they are exceptionally brutish? Americans have higher standards than this.

You should not care about children, Norman. It would put you into a category by yourself in the GOP.

If I rob a bank and get caught, the State will have no problem separating me from my children and the means to support them.

Why is this any different?

If the illegals care about children, then they won't try and cross the border with them.

Since they don't, why in the hell should we? And why in the hell should we let them in the country, given they are exceptionally brutish? Americans have higher standards than this.

You should not care about children, Norman. It would put you into a category by yourself in the GOP.

Only democrats do not give a shit about children. They support single mothers and public schools, the worst enemy of children.

They want to be treated like citizens? They now are. You break the law and get sent to jail CPS gets your kids. These parents sold their children for food stamps and free health care . Piss on these wet backs. If you support them, then you support child exploitation.

Human cost?

Any analysis that does not take into consideration the human cost to those already living in a country as well as those wishing to live there is not worthy of being called an analysis.

European countries are paying a terrible human cost for the profligate importation of massive numbers of those hostile to their very way of life.

Human cost?

Any analysis that does not take into consideration the human cost to those already living in a country as well as those wishing to live there is not worthy of being called an analysis.

European countries are paying a terrible human cost for the profligate importation of massive numbers of those hostile to their very way of life.

Yup. If they dead could talk they would agree with you one hundred percent.

Only democrats do not give a shit about children. They support single mothers and public schools, the worst enemy of children.

You need not fret. Trump is well on his way toward eliminating public schools with DeVos. I can't help you on the issue of single mothers. He seems to be all for more of them, in view of his war on Planned Parenthood.

Then it clearly is not so terrible to you. It's a human cost you find WORTH IT.

They don't see them as human.

It's the parent's fault.
They know that they are breaking the law.
This is what America has come to. Sad. So very sad.

What has it come to?

The Central American parents send their children here alone.
They know that our laws are such that we can't ship them back
and we hold them until they are placed in a foster home.

The vast majority of these kids that everybody is talking about came
here alone. They are missing because the phone calls to the foster homes
have not been answered.

When we send a mother to prison we do not let the child go with her.
Why should we treat those people any different.

Trump lost 1500...huh? Obama, according to reports lost over 4100...why
no outrage then?

You seem to know a lot about these children. How many do you know? Personally, I mean.

I don't know any of them individually. But I know how their parents
and their shithhole countries that they come from. are gaming the system.

And what's your story, Pancho? Butt-hurt liberal or illegal alien?

Y’all are some of the dumbest folks I’ve ever seen.
It ain’t Trumps fault, it ain’t Sessions fault.
Why note blame the parents that broke the law and crossed the border ILLEGALLY, it cannot be that hard to understand can it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Y’all are some of the dumbest folks I’ve ever seen.
It ain’t Trumps fault, it ain’t Sessions fault.
Why note blame the parents that broke the law and crossed the border ILLEGALLY, it cannot be that hard to understand can it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't agree more. Put the blame where it belongs on the parents who drag their kids with them.

The parents are the ones who decided to break our laws. Send them all back to where ever they came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back