What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you want done with them? Ritz-Cartlton? Homeless Shelter? Free house in Fort Worth? Detroit? You pay. Start a gofundme? Adopt them? Give out rooms in your vacation homes? Set up FEMA trailers, run plumbing-electric-AC.

What about American homeless?

Yup. The idiots find nothing wrong with tax dollars used to support people who shouldn't be here at all.

Send them all back to whatever shithole they came from.

Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump:
"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.

Isn’t it time that bleeding heart suckers add some credibility to this whining by starting with the condemnation of the piece of shit criminal wetback parents first?
Whatta ya say...seem like rudimentary logic to you?
Are you native American? If not then by your logic you came from criminal scum. If the only 'crime' people commit is searching a better future. And it's a 'crime' that's worth the future of an entire family I suggest that you be deported as a member of a family that looked for a better life.

"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.

Human cost my ass. Apparently the word ILLEGAL doesn't mean much to an enabler like you.

They are breaking the law by being here and they should be sent back to whatever shithole they crawled out of.
Period.

Last edited:
What do you want done with them? Ritz-Cartlton? Homeless Shelter? Free house in Fort Worth? Detroit? You pay. Start a gofundme? Adopt them? Give out rooms in your vacation homes? Set up FEMA trailers, run plumbing-electric-AC.

What about American homeless?
I have an idea. Stop giving tax brakes to those who already have plenty of money and use the funds to help homeless people. The richest country in the world has to much poverty and the reason isn't other poor people taking away government funds. It's the idea that being rich isn't just something to aspire to but something that requires the government's aid.

Yes, this is terrible. I think I know of a solution though: If you have children, STF away from our borders.

Then it clearly is not so terrible to you. It's a human cost you find WORTH IT.

They don't see them as human.
No.....we see them as criminals.

Yes, this is terrible. I think I know of a solution though: If you have children, STF away from our borders.

Yup and that's just what they are. Criminals.

You are right, pushing the funny rating is so much less time consuming than giving a counterargument.

You are right, pushing the funny rating is so much less time consuming than giving a counterargument.

There is no argument. They are criminals. They are trying to enter out country illegally.

What part of the word illegal do you not understand.

Oh wait. I forgot. You are an enabler so the word illegal doesn't mean anything to you.

How many illegals are you caring for??

Using that logic we could murder the kids in their sleep and completely escape culpability. Your argument is weak.

Many are raped, beaten and yes some killed even before they reach the border. Many are trafficked and sold once they reach the US, brought here by people they aren't even related to. That's way Sessions is insisting on DNA tests, to prove paternity. Many are given to supposed relatives who are illegal themselves, that's why they don't answer when DHS calls to check on the kids. All because the parents or who ever they are are using them hoping to get a free pass to disappear into the population. Sessions ins't giving any more free passes.

None of this has anything to do with a reason for separating families, if you can't defend the policy then why post at all?

You might look at my first post in this thread. I don't have to defend anything, it's the law. Don't like it, tell you congresscritters to get off their lazy asses and change it.

They aren't convicted and deserve their day in court before their kids are ripped from them and sent halfway across the country. Also, like I said they are doing this with those who legally enter the country as well.

The adults are a flight risk, they stay in detention until their trial or hearing, the courts say the kids can't be held there. Address the law, not me.

They have in the past, this is a recent change in policy.

You don't punish children for the acts of their parents, period. That includes low-income American kids.

And I'd like to know why we keep ignoring the root problem of all this: The countries directly to our South are so horrible and corrupt, that not only are people desperate to escape them, but their own LEADERS are more than willing to HELP escape them while they blame US.

Why is this root cause never in this conversation? No perceived political advantage for either tribe?

You have to look beyond the first generation. For starters we actually need more immigration as we are not having enough children to sustain us as older generations retire. While the first generation of immigrants tend to be poorer, the 2nd generation catches up rather quickly and negates most if not all welfare used by the first generation. Your own link alludes to this, I guess you didn't read that part.

You won't read this either but at least there are pictures so no excuses.

Second-Generation Americans

Second-generation Americans—the 20 million adult U.S.-born children of immigrants—are substantially better off than immigrants themselves on key measures of socioeconomic attainment, according to a new Pew Research Center analysis of U.S. Census Bureau data. They have higher incomes; more are college graduates and homeowners; and fewer live in poverty. In all of these measures, their characteristics resemble those of the full U.S. adult population.

Hispanics and Asian Americans make up about seven-in-ten of today’s adult immigrants and about half of today’s adult second generation. Pew Research surveys find that the second generations of both groups are much more likely than the immigrants to speak English; to have friends and spouses outside their ethnic or racial group, to say their group gets along well with others, and to think of themselves as a “typical American.”

Nifty chart:
SDT-2013-02-07-Immigrant-Gen-1-01.png

You don't punish children for the acts of their parents, period. That includes low-income American kids.

And I'd like to know why we keep ignoring the root problem of all this: The countries directly to our South are so horrible and corrupt, that not only are people desperate to escape them, but their own LEADERS are more than willing to HELP escape them while they blame US.

Why is this root cause never in this conversation? No perceived political advantage for either tribe?

I don't think most ever denied they are shithole countries. Which is exactly why we don't want those people here, they will make this country a shithole, too. Just look at their voting patterns, IQ and the fact that they committed a crime.

It's their fault that the child gets punished, if they are willing to risk it, not our problem. Otherwise, everyone will be coming in with their child.

You have to look beyond the first generation. For starters we actually need more immigration as we are not having enough children to sustain us as older generations retire. While the first generation of immigrants tend to be poorer, the 2nd generation catches up rather quickly and negates most if not all welfare used by the first generation. Your own link alludes to this, I guess you didn't read that part.

Second-generation Americans—the 20 million adult U.S.-born children of immigrants—are substantially better off than immigrants themselves on key measures of socioeconomic attainment, according to a new Pew Research Center analysis of U.S. Census Bureau data. They have higher incomes; more are college graduates and homeowners; and fewer live in poverty. In all of these measures, their characteristics resemble those of the full U.S. adult population.

Hispanics and Asian Americans make up about seven-in-ten of today’s adult immigrants and about half of today’s adult second generation. Pew Research surveys find that the second generations of both groups are much more likely than the immigrants to speak English; to have friends and spouses outside their ethnic or racial group, to say their group gets along well with others, and to think of themselves as a “typical American.”

Nifty chart:
We need immigrants who have jobs, not who collect food stamps and welfare. And taking a job from an American and lowering wages is counter productive. They need to actually create new jobs not take existing jobs.

You should watch this video and learn something.

If you practice what you preach you'll watch this video.

No illegal aliens-children or otherwise-should be allowed to stay. Zero tolerance. End of story.

How about the unnecessary separation of children from their parents?
You're right.

It is, indeed, unnecessary.

Their parents should reflect upon the risk.

They are subjecting their children to unnecessary separation when they cross onto United States soil without our express prior consent.

Time to send a message.

To Illegal Aliens.

And to those who would rather stand alongside Illegal Aliens than their own fellow countrymen and the governing laws of their Republic.

Got the message yet?

The United States is also separating families for those legally seeking asylum. Plus, many immigrants are escaping extreme poverty or violence. Time to send what message? That the United States doesn't care about family values now that the family values party is in control?

Really? There is an actual valid reason for separating children from their parents?

Yes, it's called a deterrent.

Terrorizing children. People like you need to be shipped off to Guantanamo for the rest of your miserable lives.

Then send the parents to Gitmo instead of us, because it's the parents that are causing their children harm--not us.

No, if we are separating them then it's us.

No, it's not. You come here illegally, everything that happens to you and your kids is your fault. You knew well ahead of time you are coming here and breaking our laws, so anything could happen at that point.

So, I guess you do believe that the United States can great people like cattle and you have no problem with it. Like I said earlier, they aren't even human to you.

Let me ask, if a woman is drunk and driving around with her child, and she runs when the cops try to pull her over, and the child gets killed when she strikes a tree, do you blame the drunken mother or the police that tried to stop her?

I believe the intoxicated mother, but this isn't about drunk driving. It's quite literally nothing like that at all.

We have enough irresponsible people in this country, we call them Democrats. We certainly don't need any more irresponsible people coming from other places.

Separating families for no other reason than to teach them a lesson is irresponsible.

You see them as an invading horde who might as well be aliens from another world.

Explain what happens then to children of parents that are imprisoned for criminal acts?

Two-thirds of these incarcerated parents were serving time for a non-violent crime while one-third were serving time for a violent one.
As a result, there are 2.7 million minor children who have a parent in jail or prison. In other words, 1-in-28 American children (3.6%) have an incarcerated parent.Jun 21, 2013
Sesame Street reaches out to 2.7 million American children with an incarcerated parent

Roughly 10% of incarcerated mothers in state prison have a child in a foster home or other state care.4 Some estimates indicate that as many as 1 in 8 children who are subjects of reports of maltreatment and investigated by child welfare agencies have parents who were recently arrested.5
https://csgjusticecenter.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/COIP-Tookit.pdf

You see them as an invading horde who might as well be aliens from another world.
No....I sympathize with them.
The Democrats have promised them streets of gold and they get here and discover it ain't all that great.
But they figure that the shithole they came from is so screwed up even living on welfare in America is a step up....and after living in CA for 8 years, welfare is a decent alternative.
The problem is, the flood of illegals makes it easier for criminals to pour drugs into the US.
They also have a strange habit of driving wages down wherever they decide to live because they're willing to accept extremely low wages.
20 people living in the same home making $4/hr each adds up.

Nifty chart:

He was talking about ALL of them, dumbass. Besides, if you would look at 3rd generation, the statistics would again revert.The reason being the better people try to escape out of the country. However, their offspring will revert to the mean.

I don't think most ever denied they are shithole countries. Which is exactly why we don't want those people here, they will make this country a shithole, too. Just look at their voting patterns, IQ and the fact that they committed a crime.

It's their fault that the child gets punished, if they are willing to risk it, not our problem. Otherwise, everyone will be coming in with their child.

I agree. These people aren't our responsibility and anyone trying to make them our responsibility is one damned idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back