What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, apparently the human cost is a paltry concern. Apparently, it a superficial concern. Lets balance out the equation : The well being of Americans in general VS the profit of the ambiguous wealthy puppet overlords . Is there any question whos needs come first?

What race are Mexicans?

Like all Trump ass kissers, you may not be racist but (as you have proven just now), you have zero problem rubbing elbows with them.

Again, what race are Mexicans?

Or at least, tell me what race are Americans?

What race are "beaners" as you put it?

I didn't put it into race category, you did.

Aha, dodging again.

I already explained it to you, beaner is not a racial slur.

No Kondor3 did when he put racial slurs into it. Please walk into a chicano bar and start calling people "beaner"....I'd love to be there when you do it.

It's not a racial slur, dunce.

You could call it derisive, but derisive has nothing to do with race.

If is up to your standards, "deplorable" is racist term. Is it?

The thing with you lefties (now that's derisive) is that you demand we prove that our views are valid to your criteria and working within arbitrary frame that you set up that a priori rule out our viewpoint.

You "feel" that something is "racist". Since we don't give a fuck about your "feelings", it's not.

Like all Trump ass kissers, you may not be racist but (as you have proven just now), you have zero problem rubbing elbows with them.

Aha, dodging again.

No Kondor3 did when he put racial slurs into it. Please walk into a chicano bar and start calling people "beaner"....I'd love to be there when you do it.

The thing with you lefties (now that's derisive) is that you demand we prove that our views are valid to your criteria and working within arbitrary frame that you set up that a priori rule out our viewpoint.

You "feel" that something is "racist". Since we don't give a fuck about your "feelings", it's not.

No...deplorable doesn't indict people based on the color of their skin.

That you can blame the pacific rim on Trump over Obama shows the useless partisan hack that you are
Obama had positioned the US as the central nation in the Trans Pacific Partnership which represents roughly 40% of the world's economic output.

When Trump took the US out of the TPP, he and his
advisers were confident that it was doomed and would fall apart and the US would pickup the pieces. However, the organization has arisen with a new plan to carry forward without the US implementing the agreement which will amount to 350 billion in free trade. And guess who is looking at opening negotiations with the TPP. Yep, China. Trump's promise to negotiate bilateral trade agreements with each of these countries is as dead as a door nail now.
In April 2018, Trump said he was considering putting us back in the TPP, however it looks like that boat has sailed thanks to his trade war with China.
Another brilliant move by the Orange Clown.

I'm 55 and all my life until Trump Democrats argued against free trade. This is an issue that Democrats even ate their own on despite that you're lemmings. You attacked Bill for NAFTA. You attacked Hillary for NAFTA and made her disavow it. That's even the one thing you attacked Obama for. Even though it was secretly negotiated by a leftist, you attacked him for TPP. Now with Trump, suddenly leftists are all against tariffs. Including attacking people like me who opposed tariffs all my life and still do.

So a challenge. Show two things:

1) Any post where you opposed tariffs before November 8, 2016

2) Any post where you said to an actual Democrat you oppose tariffs ever

Flopper, where'd you go? Flopper?
I'm a democrat and I have always supported free trade. To my knowledge no one was proposing any tariffs back in 2016 except Trump. Free trade is one of the few issues that I agree with Republicans on. Ross Perot's opposition to NAFTA and Bill Clinton support was one of the reasons I voted for him.

Free trade makes sense. Tariffs do not. Free trade allows each country to produce what it produces best. Tariffs interfere with the free market, protecting inefficient producers while punishing efficient producers. In general, the consumer pays more and get's less.

Than why Canada doesn't support completely free trade with no tariffs at all from either side?

Are you going to answer, or you need me to help you with that?
Canada is a signer of NAFTA which eliminated nearly all trade barriers, however there are still some tariffs that negotiators have been unable to remove. Just because you support free trade does not mean you can trade all goods tariff free. It takes agreement from both sides to eliminate trade barriers. After NAFTA was signed negotiators continued to eliminate trade barriers and have eliminate many

The TPP which is probably the trade agreement that comes closest to totally free trade still has a few tariffs. The few that remain have been reduced, typically to 1% to 10%.

NAFTA eliminated "nearly all barriers" of Mexico and Canada selling their products in the US without tariffs, and allowing them to tariff our products at will and that's what they've been doing. Trump tariffs are message to them that it's time to level the playing field in one of the two goals: a) putting tariffs on their products until they lower theirs, b) eliminating all tariffs.Quite smart plan, offering them something they hate, and something he wants.

Why do you think they don't agree to neither one?

Because they like their deal under NAFTA, that is favoring them, not us.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Aha, dodging again.

Neither is beaner. It's a slur for a Mexican.

Again, what race is Mexican?

What race are Mexicans?

Aha, dodging again.

Beaner is a derogatory slang for Mexicans or people of Mexican descent. It's an ethnic slur.

Ethnic, not racial. Just as they call us gringo.

Now, if you call them pinto beaner, that would be like a declaration of war. :D

The claim: "immigrant children are separated from parents".

The truth: Anyone crossing border illegally is not an immigrant. Immigrants are those who have a legal status in the US. These are illegals, so stop calling them immigrants.

It's time put an end to liberal shills posting bullshit claims.

Here is a good article that explains this current situation with children of illegals.

The Truth about Separating Kids
For the longest time, illegal immigration was driven by single males from Mexico. Over the last decade, the flow has shifted to women, children, and family units from Central America. This poses challenges we haven’t confronted before and has made what once were relatively minor wrinkles in the law loom very large.

The past practice had been to give a free pass to an adult who is part of a family unit. The new Trump policy is to prosecute all adults. The idea is to send a signal that we are serious about our laws and to create a deterrent against re-entry. (Illegal entry is a misdemeanor, illegal re-entry a felony.)

The Trump administration isn’t changing the rules that pertain to separating an adult from the child. Those remain the same. Separation happens only if officials find that the adult is falsely claiming to be the child’s parent, or is a threat to the child, or is put into criminal proceedings.

And where were you lefties crying about "concentration camps" and calling for uprising, like Pelosi did, when Obama was doing the same thing, just on larger scale?

Obama held more than double of number of children in shelters compared to Trump White House

Not so.
The definition of an immigrant is a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country. A century ago we had very few people entering the country illegal so when someone was refereed to as an immigrant people naturally assumed they were legal. However the meaning of the word has no connotation of legality.

There is no law that mandates separating children from their parents. Trump’s own administration devised a policy to that effect. An administration can separate children or allow them to stay with parents. It is policy not a law. Trump just plain lied, but what's new.
The question is why is he trying to hide behind a nonexistent law and then claim he really cares about these kids. His supporters think it's just fine to punish the children and they certainly don't care what he does with the kids.

Obama did hold many children in shelters but most were children unaccompanied by an adult. Again it's all policy, not law.

Definition of IMMIGRANT
Trump blames Democrats for own policy separating families

Yes, Obama allowed traffickers to keep their cargo with them...when it just couldn't be done, he placed the victims with human traffickers on the American side.

That's stopped now, and the left is flipping. They're flipping because the border agents are stopping traffickers and taking their victims from them. Victims that people on the American side very much want to exploit and abuse. Those people are the ones who object to any sort of interference with the trafficking going on.

Aha, dodging again.

Beaner is a derogatory slang for Mexicans or people of Mexican descent. It's an ethnic slur.

Ethnic, not racial. Just as they call us gringo.

Now, if you call them pinto beaner, that would be like a declaration of war. :D

"Gringo" is a racial slur as well.

Not sure why you're denying a clearly defined racial slur.

upload_2018-6-17_23-38-10.png

Aha, dodging again.

Neither is beaner. It's a slur for a Mexican.

Again, what race is Mexican?

You do know Mexico is a country. Mexcian isn't a race.
Are you high?

Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump:
"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.
If I rob a bank and get caught, the State will have no problem separating me from my children and the means to support them.

Why is this any different?

The Trump administration’s separation of families at the border, explained

Well, apparently the human cost is a paltry concern. Apparently, it a superficial concern. Lets balance out the equation : The well being of Americans in general VS the profit of the ambiguous wealthy puppet overlords . Is there any question whos needs come first?
To many people the human cost is a concern, a major concern. Not just the 12 million at risk of being deported but their families, their friends, their neighbors, their employer, and their employees. I saw an article somewhere where that estimated the number of people effected by potential deportations. It was something like 75 million people. That's a lot of people concerned about the human cost. They don't see the cost to the nation. They see the cost as a loss of a father, a son, a friend, a neighbor, their boss, a fellow worker, an employee. You can't really express those cost in dollars and cents.

Yes, Flopper illegal aliens criminals are really great and a model for the Western World to learn from. They really care about humanity and stuff. :p

I would be willing to bet that most Americans don't even know what's going on at the border, and the ones that do, many don't care either.

Trump won because of the border and immigration issues. People like me who are sick of pressing 1 to speak to an English speaking person, those who live where a lot of illegals live, those who are battling crime; some brought to us by illegals, those who watch as foreigners are taking our jobs for less money, we are all fed up with it, especially when our representatives tell us we need "immigration reform" instead of telling us what we really want to hear which is shut down the border, or at least get as close as we can to it.

So what damage to the nation do you speak of? I see no damage. If anything, I see taking a tougher stance on illegals which is what many of us want in the first place.
What damage? trade wars, broken alliances with our most supportive allies, handing the Pacific Rim trade to China, actions that will do irreparably damage the environment, and leadership by a man that has the morals of a tomcat in heat who praises mass murders like Kim Jon Un and Putin.

What planet are you from? Do really think Trump is going to stop globalization and the flow of people and ideas into this country. You dial 1 for English because 1/4 of all Americans speak languages other than English and that's not going to change. Also the call centers you dial into are international and serve other countries as well as the US. Even Trump's highly publicized efforts to turn American into Aryan/Anglo nation isolated from the world will fail.

Trump isn't going to change any of this but he is going to create more division and hatred. I know conservatives thrive on hatred and division but it's going bite you guys in ass eventually.

That you can blame the pacific rim on Trump over Obama shows the useless partisan hack that you are
Obama had positioned the US as the central nation in the Trans Pacific Partnership which represents roughly 40% of the world's economic output.

advisers were confident that it was doomed and would fall apart and the US would pickup the pieces. However, the organization has arisen with a new plan to carry forward without the US implementing the agreement which will amount to 350 billion in free trade. And guess who is looking at opening negotiations with the TPP. Yep, China. Trump's promise to negotiate bilateral trade agreements with each of these countries is as dead as a door nail now.
In April 2018, Trump said he was considering putting us back in the TPP, however it looks like that boat has sailed thanks to his trade war with China.

I'm 55 and all my life until Trump Democrats argued against free trade. This is an issue that Democrats even ate their own on despite that you're lemmings. You attacked Bill for NAFTA. You attacked Hillary for NAFTA and made her disavow it. That's even the one thing you attacked Obama for. Even though it was secretly negotiated by a leftist, you attacked him for TPP. Now with Trump, suddenly leftists are all against tariffs. Including attacking people like me who opposed tariffs all my life and still do.

I'm a democrat and I have always supported free trade. To my knowledge no one was proposing any tariffs back in 2016 except Trump. Free trade is one of the few issues that I agree with Republicans on. Ross Perot's opposition to NAFTA and Bill Clinton support was one of the reasons I voted for him.

Free trade makes sense. Tariffs do not. Free trade allows each country to produce what it produces best. Tariffs interfere with the free market, protecting inefficient producers while punishing efficient producers. In general, the consumer pays more and get's less.

I've never seen you disagree with the Democrat party on anything and I've never seen you in a free trade debate on this site advocating free trade until you got the chance to bash Trump.

I'm for free trade and against tariffs. Trump's approach makes me nervous. But it's clear he's trying to remove barriers from free trade with the threat of tariffs, and you don't notice that.

So why didn't you ever bash your party over attacking Hillary for supporting NAFTA or for attacking Obama over TPP if this was such a standard to you? It's lame when you have complete silence to Democrats then you just lose it and have a total meltdown over Trump who's goal is to open markets and you don't like how he's trying to do it

What damage? trade wars, broken alliances with our most supportive allies, handing the Pacific Rim trade to China, actions that will do irreparably damage the environment, and leadership by a man that has the morals of a tomcat in heat who praises mass murders like Kim Jon Un and Putin.

What planet are you from? Do really think Trump is going to stop globalization and the flow of people and ideas into this country. You dial 1 for English because 1/4 of all Americans speak languages other than English and that's not going to change. Also the call centers you dial into are international and serve other countries as well as the US. Even Trump's highly publicized efforts to turn American into Aryan/Anglo nation isolated from the world will fail.

Trump isn't going to change any of this but he is going to create more division and hatred. I know conservatives thrive on hatred and division but it's going bite you guys in ass eventually.

Than why Canada doesn't support completely free trade with no tariffs at all from either side?

Yep. Trump offered Canada and most everyone else that deal and they passed.

Flopper's not really free trade. He's just anti-Trump. Another bad case of Trump Derangement Syndrome. He'll flip sides on any issue where Trump takes the position he used to agree with

Canada is a signer of NAFTA which eliminated nearly all trade barriers, however there are still some tariffs that negotiators have been unable to remove. Just because you support free trade does not mean you can trade all goods tariff free. It takes agreement from both sides to eliminate trade barriers. After NAFTA was signed negotiators continued to eliminate trade barriers and have eliminate many

The TPP which is probably the trade agreement that comes closest to totally free trade still has a few tariffs. The few that remain have been reduced, typically to 1% to 10%.

NAFTA eliminated "nearly all barriers" of Mexico and Canada selling their products in the US without tariffs, and allowing them to tariff our products at will and that's what they've been doing. Trump tariffs are message to them that it's time to level the playing field in one of the two goals: a) putting tariffs on their products until they lower theirs, b) eliminating all tariffs.Quite smart plan, offering them something they hate, and something he wants.

Why do you think they don't agree to neither one?

Because they like their deal under NAFTA, that is favoring them, not us.

Bingo, that's exactly why the Euroweenies, Canda, et al are having a conniption, why would they want to give up the deals they have? It is ridiculous that we are the world's largest economy and we've negotated bad deals with everyone. We should have the best deals

Aha, dodging again.

--------------------------------- neither does 'mexican' , guat , beaner or third worlder . I prefer third worlder .

Anyone whose chief complaint in life is pressing one on the phone really needs to shut the fuck up and find some bigger problems.

Okay. How about the huge sums of tax money illegal immigration costs my state every year? How about a crime rate well in excess of what our population should indicate, simply because of our proximity to a porous border? How about entire counties of my state that are practically lawless because they're part of the border-crossing corridor, and the local law enforcement is simply overwhelmed?

Are THOSE problems big enough to worry about?

Sooner or later karma catches up to everyone.
It will certain catch up with Trump. The question is how much damage will be done to the nation before that happens.

I would be willing to bet that most Americans don't even know what's going on at the border, and the ones that do, many don't care either.

Trump won because of the border and immigration issues. People like me who are sick of pressing 1 to speak to an English speaking person, those who live where a lot of illegals live, those who are battling crime; some brought to us by illegals, those who watch as foreigners are taking our jobs for less money, we are all fed up with it, especially when our representatives tell us we need "immigration reform" instead of telling us what we really want to hear which is shut down the border, or at least get as close as we can to it.

So what damage to the nation do you speak of? I see no damage. If anything, I see taking a tougher stance on illegals which is what many of us want in the first place.
What damage? trade wars, broken alliances with our most supportive allies, handing the Pacific Rim trade to China, actions that will do irreparably damage to the environment, and leadership by a man that has the morals of a tomcat in heat who praises mass murders like Kim Jon Un and Putin.

What planet are you from? Do really think Trump is going to stop globalization and the flow of people and ideas into this country. You dial 1 for English because 1/4 of all Americans speak languages other than English and that's not going to change. Also the call centers you dial into are international and serve other countries as well as the US. Even Trump's highly publicized efforts to turn American into an Aryan/Anglo nation isolated from the world will fail.

I seem to remember a time not long ago when everybody spoke the same language and things were fine...if not better.

You people one the left complain when Republicans are in charge because you believe they are war mongers. Yet when we have a President trying to get along with enemies, you say they are praising our foes.

But you hit the nail on the head: a quarter of our people speak other languages. Yes, that is a problem because you have a bunch of lazy good for nothings coming here that won't even take the time or effort to learn our language. They expect us to learn theirs. In other words, they are not assimilating.

Trump may not stop the decay of our country, but he can certainly slow it down. That's why we voted him in.
Those lazy good for nothings,
  • Start 30% of all new businesses
  • Employ an estimated 4.7 million people
  • Despite making up only 16 percent of the resident population holding a bachelor’s degree or higher, immigrants represent 33 percent of engineers, 27 percent of mathematicians, statisticians, and computer scientist, and 24 percent of physical scientists
  • Purchasing power of Latinos and Asians, many of whom are immigrants, alone reached $1.5 trillion and $775 billion in 2016
  • Comprehensive immigration reform could support and create up to 900,000 new jobs within three years of reform from the increase in consumer spending, according to the Center for American Progress.
I didn't say 1/4 of Americans did not speak English. I said they spoke other languages. Most legal immigrants to the US speak English. Like Americans living in other countries, they speak the language but they are more comfortable speaking their native tongue.

Like it or not, the future of America rides on our ability to bring fresh blood and new idea into the country. We can not grow and prosper in isolationism. We have to use American know how and technology to make American workers the most productive in the world. We can't rely on tariffs to protect American workers. They have to compete with rest of the world.

BTW I was around in the days when "everybody" spoke English and life was just great. Memory is kind. We tend to forget the smog that blocked out the sun in many cities, rivers that caught fire, owners of coal mimes denying the existence of black lung disease, huge fish kills in most of our rivers from pollution, newspaper articles listing the new cases of Polio daily, the American eagle heading for extinction, bomb shelters, duck and cover, a survey of high students that believed they would not survive to see their children grown, church burnings, back alley abortions, black hangings, doctors promoting cigarette smoking, farmers in the southwest importing workers & paying 25 cents/hr, black men shot for looking at white women, hotels and restaurants turning away Blacks and Jews, women making half the wages of men working in the same job, men beating their wives legal in 25 states, and half the US Mexican boarder unmarked and un-fenced.

And it's not at ALL insulting and bigoted to conflate legal immigrants with illegals, simply because all those little brown guys are basically the same to you.

What damage? trade wars, broken alliances with our most supportive allies, handing the Pacific Rim trade to China, actions that will do irreparably damage to the environment, and leadership by a man that has the morals of a tomcat in heat who praises mass murders like Kim Jon Un and Putin.

What planet are you from? Do really think Trump is going to stop globalization and the flow of people and ideas into this country. You dial 1 for English because 1/4 of all Americans speak languages other than English and that's not going to change. Also the call centers you dial into are international and serve other countries as well as the US. Even Trump's highly publicized efforts to turn American into an Aryan/Anglo nation isolated from the world will fail.

I seem to remember a time not long ago when everybody spoke the same language and things were fine...if not better.

You people one the left complain when Republicans are in charge because you believe they are war mongers. Yet when we have a President trying to get along with enemies, you say they are praising our foes.

But you hit the nail on the head: a quarter of our people speak other languages. Yes, that is a problem because you have a bunch of lazy good for nothings coming here that won't even take the time or effort to learn our language. They expect us to learn theirs. In other words, they are not assimilating.

Trump may not stop the decay of our country, but he can certainly slow it down. That's why we voted him in.
Those lazy good for nothings,
  • Start 30% of all new businesses
  • Employ an estimated 4.7 million people
  • Despite making up only 16 percent of the resident population holding a bachelor’s degree or higher, immigrants represent 33 percent of engineers, 27 percent of mathematicians, statisticians, and computer scientist, and 24 percent of physical scientists
  • Purchasing power of Latinos and Asians, many of whom are immigrants, alone reached $1.5 trillion and $775 billion in 2016
  • Comprehensive immigration reform could support and create up to 900,000 new jobs within three years of reform from the increase in consumer spending, according to the Center for American Progress.
I didn't say 1/4 of Americans did not speak English. I said they spoke other languages. Most legal immigrants to the US speak English. Like Americans living in other countries, they speak the language but they are more comfortable speaking their native tongue.

Like it or not, the future of America rides on our ability to bring fresh blood and new idea into the country. We not can grow and prosper in isolationism. We have to use American know how and technology to make American workers the most productive in the world. We can't rely on tarries to protect American workers.

BTW I was around in the days when "everybody" spoke English and life was not so great. Memory is kind. We tend to forget the smog that blocked out the sun in many cities, rivers that caught fire, owners of coal mimes denying the existence of black lung disease, huge fish kills most of rivers from pollution, newspaper articles listing the new cases of Polio daily, the American eagle heading for extinction, bomb shelters, duck and cover, a survey of high students that believed they would not survive to see their children grown, church burnings, back alley abortions, black hangings, doctors promoting cigarette smoking, farmers in the southwest importing workers and paying 25 cents/hr, black men shot for looking at white women, hotels and restaurants turning away Blacks and Jews, women making half the wages of men working in the same job, and half the US Mexican boarder unmarked and un-fenced.

You equating immigrants and illegals.

Not sure about Flopper's motives but earlier in this thread, Trump ass kissers referred to Mexicans as "beaners" and spoke about "preserving" the country. They didn't differentiate between illegals and immigrants...

Actually, they were. They clearly overestimated your intelligence by expecting you to realize that they were referring ONLY to illegals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back