What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a shocking revaluation. Democrats don't have to say or do anything to attract Hispanic voters. Donald Trump does it all. He calls them rapist and murders. Says migrants come from shit hole countries. Blames our drug problems on Mexico. Wants to make Mexico pay the cost of defending our border with a wall. Wants to make it impossible for them to bring their families to the US. And he hovers over a taco salad proclaiming, "I love Hispanics."
/——/ One has nothing to do with the other. Maybe if you loved Americans you’d support a strong border.
I believe it's our responsibility to protect our borders. Asking Mexico a country whose GDP is 5% of ours to pay for defense our border is downright embarrassing. If the mightiest nation on earth can't defend it's borders against peasants, mostly women and children, maybe it doesn't deserve those borders.

I agree on that point. We should pay for the wall. It's a pittance in our budget and a major expenditure for Mexico.

I see Trump's point that the reason he thinks they should pay for it is that they've actively shipped their poor and criminals here.

I still think we should just pay for it though.

BTW, it's also a small portion of the amount of money illegal aliens send to Mexico
It's the neighbour with the rabid dogs running wild who should put up a fence.

Waste of money. You keep saying fences don't work. Now you're admitting they do?
Never said any such thing. Mining the border would be the most effective in the short term.

I agree on that point. We should pay for the wall. It's a pittance in our budget and a major expenditure for Mexico.

21 Billion is a pittance?

Budget $4 Trillion a year

21 to build it once. Far less to maintain it.

And it saves the people hundreds of billions a year at all levels of government.

But if you really want to see that $21 billion is a pittance in our budget, pretend it's a welfare program. Then a $1T is a pittance to you

Um, no, it's just delivering a product that you won't think about ever again.

No, it's creating a product for a specific event. Haven't you ever been to a wedding before?

Guy, I was able to find two jobs pretty easily with less than five minutes of work.

Her's one right here.

nothing in there about a HazMat endorsement.

LOCAL CDL A TRUCK DRIVER | Guaranteed Salary | Off Most Weekends | Flatbed job - AIM Integrated Logistics - Cleveland, OH

It's also a shit paying job. Flat bed jobs work you seven days a week and usually 12 hour days. Most of them require experience. It's not an hourly paid job. You get paid by the load which (depending on where you are at) can keep you there half of the day.

This is what I'm talking about. You have no idea about this line of work. When somebody advertises you make X a year or X a week, they are hiding the fact of what you will actually make per hour. It's an old gimmick that experienced drivers are well aware of. The ad says guaranteed $1,000 a week, but if you have to work 60 hours for that money, you are talking less than 17 bucks an hour.
in my case, that would be something i would do for, "extra money", not as a primary job.

Asking me if I'm stupid when you think without good stamps, people would just starve to death?

No, they'd probably do things like "Rob people".

Somehow, I don't want to be knifed because a poor person wanted to feed his family that night.

Yeah, sure they will. They wouldn't just get a job, they'd commit murder instead. That makes a lot of sense. And how will this individual feed his family in prison for 25 years?

Quite an imagination Joe. But even if that was the case, he'd still be eating and farmers would still be growing.
You say that, like Jesus the Christ didn't inform us, it only takes Ten simple Commandments, not over two thousand years and the Expense of Government.

Oh, so you know all this even though we don't have one? My you are so good, in fact, you are so much better than all our agencies that said a wall would benefit them greatly; the same agencies that participated in the design of the wall that would help eliminate all the things you wrote above.

Actually, the agencies aren't saying that at all.

https://gizmodo.com/us-border-patrol-doesnt-want-a-wall-they-want-drones-an-1773661854

Even the conservative Cato Institute says a wall won't work.

Why the Wall Won't Work

Are you serious? Gizmodo for your evidence? Here, try a real source:

Border Patrol agents back Trump wall, survey finds

21 Billion is a pittance?

21 billion is less than one-third of what we spend on food stamps every single year.

That example is so perfect considering we'd save billions specifically on food stamps alone

Exactly. Illegals don't get welfare benefits, but their kids do, and they give them well more than enough food to eat.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Oh, so you know all this even though we don't have one? My you are so good, in fact, you are so much better than all our agencies that said a wall would benefit them greatly; the same agencies that participated in the design of the wall that would help eliminate all the things you wrote above.

https://gizmodo.com/us-border-patrol-doesnt-want-a-wall-they-want-drones-an-1773661854

Why the Wall Won't Work

Some of the People back making money, not losing money on public policies.

Applied Capitalism can solve our illegal problem on a permanent basis.

but,

the Poor may Benefit, right wingers. Can you handle it.

Except these people aren't looking for welfare. They are willing to do the jobs the welfare collecting white trash in the trailer parks aren't willing to do.

Correct, because there are no able bodied minorities that aren't taking those jobs either.

So if the problem is welfare, your solution is immigrants. Typical leftist thinking all the way. Don't address the real problem, just create another problem to deal with the first one.
Let capitalism do the work. A fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage.

Another communist's great idea that's so good, it have to be forced on employers.
The shortsighted GOP ones...
/——-/ And you long sighted commie libs see forced minimum wage as a good thing? Wowza.
Every successful country has one-- a living wage to be exact. Your party is a giveaway to the rich screw the rest big lie disgrace.

Correct, because there are no able bodied minorities that aren't taking those jobs either.

So if the problem is welfare, your solution is immigrants. Typical leftist thinking all the way. Don't address the real problem, just create another problem to deal with the first one.

Another communist's great idea that's so good, it have to be forced on employers.
/——-/ And you long sighted commie libs see forced minimum wage as a good thing? Wowza.
Every successful country has one-- a living wage to be exact. Your party is a giveaway to the rich screw the rest big lie disgrace.
/——/ Welfare is a giveaway. The rich earned their wealth.

Why the Wall Won't Work

DanielPalos is the only person I have on ignore just for being inane. I got tired of his stupid, empty, platitude posts. With all the leftists on this board, standing out for being inane is a remarkable skill. I don't even have Moonglow or HappyJoy on ignore.

What a disappointing article that CATO one by David Bier was. I was looking forward to reading that when I saw it hoping it was a rational analysis. All he did was parrot the talking points of the Democrat party. He also listed challenges with a wall, such as terrain as if the left's premise that 1 illegal alien = 1 million illegal aliens, one gets through the wall failed, is true

It was just Chuck Schumer level bull

Last edited:

The rich earned their wealth? Are you that stupid? The Walton’s earned nothing. Sam Walton earned their wealth. The Waltons sit on their asses and collect dividends off the work if others.

The rich have a tax code that keeps wealth flowing to the top. They have labour laws which allow them to deny health care or benefits to workers, and to pay them so little their workers need welfare to supplement their incomes.

They appoint a burger flipper as “manager” so they can work him/her 60 hours a week without paying overtime.

Other countries put their people first. America puts their corporations first, and the wealthy second. Working men and women, who make up the vast majority of your population are denigrated, abused and paid the least amount possible.

The rich earned their wealth? Are you that stupid? The Walton’s earned nothing. Sam Walton earned their wealth. The Waltons sit on their asses and collect dividends off the work if others.

The rich have a tax code that keeps wealth flowing to the top. They have labour laws which allow them to deny health care or benefits to workers, and to pay them so little their workers need welfare to supplement their incomes.

They appoint a burger flipper as “manager” so they can work him/her 60 hours a week without paying overtime.

Other countries put their people first. America puts their corporations first, and the wealthy second. Working men and women, who make up the vast majority of your population are denigrated, abused and paid the least amount possible.

If the Walton's don't do anything, why don't the workers leave and open up their own store?

If the Walton's don't do anything, why don't the workers leave and open up their own store?

In a history of stupid posts, this is by far the dumbest thing ever.

You bitch about your job endlessly. Why don’t you quit and open your own trucking company, or become an independent hauler?

Blah, blah, Marxist rhetoric from Mrs. Mao

Why the Wall Won't Work

DanielPalos is the only person I have on ignore just for being inane. I got tired of his stupid, empty, platitude posts. With all the leftists on this board, standing out for being inane is a remarkable skill. I don't even have Moonglow or HappyJoy on ignore.

What a disappointing article that CATO one by David Bier was. I was looking forward to reading that when I saw it hoping it was a rational analysis. All he did was parrot the talking points of the Democrat party. He also listed challenges with a wall, such as terrain as if the left's premise that 1 illegal alien = 1 million illegal aliens. One gets through it failed.

It was just Chuck Schumer level bull

Why, did he say somethings to me? I wouldn't know since I have him on ignore too.

Like Franko, he says the same things over and over again, but at least with Happy Joy and Moonglow, you understand what they are saying. I have no idea what that guy is even talking about half of the time.

The left is scared to death of that wall, so to the point they were even willing to shutdown the government to defeat it. Right there tells you how important it is for that wall never to be erected. I mean, if they really believed it wouldn't work, the best thing they could do politically is allow it to be built so the can haunt the Republicans for decades to come of it's failure.

They are frightened for two reasons: One, it will work. It's worked in other places that were tried. Two, unlike policies and laws that can be reversed, once that wall is up, it's not reversible. If they ever regained power and told Americans they were going to spend 30 billion dollars to take down a wall we paid 30 billion for, they would be hung out to dry by the voters, especially if it shows very positive effects on limiting illegals and narcotics.

You bitch about your job endlessly. Why don’t you quit and open your own trucking company, or become an independent hauler?

Yeah, I thought about that many times. But I already have a side business that keeps me occupied. I don't need two businesses.

And why is my remark stupid? Is it because you can't answer my question?

Yes, the workers work. That's what they get paid to do. But the workers didn't come up with the hundreds of thousands of dollars to open up that store. The workers couldn't pay the utilities or taxes. The workers couldn't compete with similar stores if they paid themselves great money. The workers don't have an office staff to handle government regulations, payroll, billers and paperwork pushers. They don't have the resources to even open up such an office. They don't have to spend the money for snow removal or lot maintenance.

What the Walton's have done is provide a place for people to work. Without them, some of those people wouldn't have any kind of job at all. They spent money to create the idea, the structure, the organization. They risked their own money. That's what they do.

Just because they don't sweep floors doesn't mean they are not earning their money. In the event you didn't know, investment is where you do spend your own money hoping for a return plus profit.

Blah, blah, Marxist rhetoric from Mrs. Mao
Why are we the only modern country without Healthcare daycare good vacations cheap college and training good infrastructure living wage, super duper? 35 years of GOP giveaway to the rich.

/——/ One has nothing to do with the other. Maybe if you loved Americans you’d support a strong border.
I believe it's our responsibility to protect our borders. Asking Mexico a country whose GDP is 5% of ours to pay for defense our border is downright embarrassing. If the mightiest nation on earth can't defend it's borders against peasants, mostly women and children, maybe it doesn't deserve those borders.

I see Trump's point that the reason he thinks they should pay for it is that they've actively shipped their poor and criminals here.

I still think we should just pay for it though.

BTW, it's also a small portion of the amount of money illegal aliens send to Mexico
It's the neighbour with the rabid dogs running wild who should put up a fence.

Waste of money. You keep saying fences don't work. Now you're admitting they do?
Never said any such thing. Mining the border would be the most effective in the short term.

Stop wasting time with emo-nonsense.

Yeah, I thought about that many times. But I already have a side business that keeps me occupied. I don't need two businesses.

And why is my remark stupid? Is it because you can't answer my question?

Yes, the workers work. That's what they get paid to do. But the workers didn't come up with the hundreds of thousands of dollars to open up that store. The workers couldn't pay the utilities or taxes. The workers couldn't compete with similar stores if they paid themselves great money. The workers don't have an office staff to handle government regulations, payroll, billers and paperwork pushers. They don't have the resources to even open up such an office. They don't have to spend the money for snow removal or lot maintenance.

What the Walton's have done is provide a place for people to work. Without them, some of those people wouldn't have any kind of job at all. They spent money to create the idea, the structure, the organization. They risked their own money. That's what they do.

Just because they don't sweep floors doesn't mean they are not earning their money. In the event you didn't know, investment is where you do spend your own money hoping for a return plus profit.
Good for them now tax them please.... Your hero worship is touching.Why are we the only modern country without Healthcare daycare good vacations cheap college and training good infrastructure living wage, super duper? 35 years of GOP giveaway to the rich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back