What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
''ghh

You're ultimately not benefiting children through policies which encourage people to put them in risky situations in order to use them as human shields. When there are no ideal choices, you have to go with the one which is least-bad for everyone involved.
I don't understand who it is you are criticizing here. What policies encourage people to put children in risky situations? Whose policies? are you referring to?

US immigration policies which give adults a pass on incarceration and prosecution when they're caught if they have children with them only encourage more people to drag children along on their border-crossings. The leftists' short-term, emotion-driven concept of "Awwww, the poor little kiddies" SOUNDS good - to them, anyway - but ultimately encourages people to put more children at risk.

What if the risk to the child is greater if they are left behind?

Give me an example of the risk to the child being so great that it outweighs being smuggled illegally across the border, AND absolutely requires that the family sneak across the border, rather than asking for asylum through the proper legal methods.

By all means, share with me your latest hypothetical sob story that bears no relation to reality. I'm all agog.

If I show you an example, you will label it a sob story that "bears no relation to reality" - I don't think you are very cognizant of the reality in some of those Central and South American countries. I have no desire to educate you.

I'll take that as an "I've got shit, but I'm such a lying sack, I'm going to pretend I just don't want to tell you."

Whenever you strap on a pair, come back for round two. 'Cause you didn't even lose this round; you just forfeited.

Trump manufactured the immigration issue so he can win the midterms. he is using the demise of children for his own political gain, which is sick.

[...]
The immigration issue existed to a substantial degree long before Donald Trump emerged as a significant political figure.

Please be assured that he isn't without regret about this issue with the migrant children. But it's something that must be done to finally eliminate a serious problem which has been going on for a long time.

Because I don't see myself in terms of race identity. I see myself in terms of class identity. And the Republicans are not on the side of working people.

Let's see, the working people got a tax decrease and are bringing home more money now. They will get a huge increase in their income tax refund next year. Working people are no longer plagued with Commie Care fines. Businesses are doing well now that regulations have been removed and they too got a tax break. Keeping foreigners out will help increase pay offers when employers can't find the help they need paying next to nothing

And tell us, what have the Democrats done for working people?

No, the wall is stupid because it won't work. People will just go over, under or around it like they are doing to fences now. And when we have bridges and schools falling down all over the country, we shouldn't be wasting money on a monument to remind us what an asshole Trump is.

We shouldn't be funding NPR, PBS, Planned Parenthood just to name a few. But you're complaining about spending 35 billion which is only about half of what we spend on food stamps in just one year.

Because it will cost a lot of money we could spend on other things, and again, it shows a bad image. The Berlin Wall disappeared a long time ago, but everyone remembers what a horrible thing it was.

Comparing the Berlin wall to our southern border? :21::21::21:

Naw, man, it's on you because despite the obscene advantages this society gives you for being a white male, you only managed to gain ONE JOB skill in 50 years.

The people bringing these folks into the country are the other rich white people who are the ones cheating you out of a fair wage and health insurance.

And you make resumes for a living. There are no white advantages. Every other race of person in this country has the same opportunity as any white, in fact, better opportunities.

Again, Keep explaining this to you, and you keep pretending it didn't happen... oh, never mind.

You didn't explain anything, you danced around it with no answer.

well, let's look at that. Widows get their payments if they die. Before Ronnie Ray-Gun reformed social security, if you were a college age kid whose parents died (like mine did when I was in college), you got a payment as well. But got to pay for those tax breaks for rich people.

Illegals never get deported, abortion never gets banned, gays can get married, but the Rich ALWAYS get their tax breaks.

Why shouldn't they?

Just a quick observation:

Trump was demonized when he called the countries these illegals are fleeing from "Shitholes"

Now the left are justifying the Invasion from these Countries because they are just wanting to leave these "Shitholes".

You can't make this shit up folks, you really can't!

Except we didn't call them shitholes or say anything to DEHUMANIZE the people who live there.

Pointing out that there is violence, crime and poverty and those are good reasons why people want to get away from them is an honest observation.

Calling the countries shitholes and the people who live there "animals" and "Rapists" is dehumanizing them.

Get it?

We shouldn't be funding NPR, PBS, Planned Parenthood just to name a few. But you're complaining about spending 35 billion which is only about half of what we spend on food stamps in just one year.

Those things accomplish some good. A Wall won't work, will never get built, and the minute Democrats are back in power, it will be torn down. Not to mention it will involve seizing the private property of thousands of Americans.

Comparing the Berlin wall to our southern border?

Um, yeah, they were both signs of human ugliness...

You didn't explain anything, you danced around it with no answer.

Just because you were too stupid to understand the answer after I've explained it to you 20 times, Fifty First Dates...

Why shouldn't they?

Because civilization costs money. I like living in a civilized society more than I hate paying taxes. So should the rich.

That would hurt if I had emotions like other people. The cure for Bipolar disorder left me apathetic.

Yes, you guys always have an excuse. YOu should get with Ray, he can tell you all the reasons why he can't get a job with health insurance.

So how are you paying for your "Cure" on $10.00 a hour. Why do I get a feeling that a government program to make sure you get your meds is involved?

Those things accomplish some good. A Wall won't work, will never get built, and the minute Democrats are back in power, it will be torn down. Not to mention it will involve seizing the private property of thousands of Americans.

Food stamps make people lazy and take any incentive away for them to improve their plight. If not for Republican governors creating requirements to obtain food stamps, we would have just as many recipients today as we did at the heart of the recession.

You are welcome to your opinion, but so am I. A wall would do ten times the good food stamps ever could. We are in charge now and were voted in to have things like a wall, and hopefully it will get built. And if the Democrats ever want to tear it down, it would be the best issue for us Republicans going down the road to prove these little commies want to be an open border society.

Um, yeah, they were both signs of human ugliness...

Only a leftist would think that a country protecting itself is ugliness.

Because civilization costs money. I like living in a civilized society more than I hate paying taxes. So should the rich.

They must love it more than you, because they are paying most all of the income taxes in this country. Sure you like a civilized society, especially when somebody else is paying for it.

''ghh

You're ultimately not benefiting children through policies which encourage people to put them in risky situations in order to use them as human shields. When there are no ideal choices, you have to go with the one which is least-bad for everyone involved.
I don't understand who it is you are criticizing here. What policies encourage people to put children in risky situations? Whose policies? are you referring to?

US immigration policies which give adults a pass on incarceration and prosecution when they're caught if they have children with them only encourage more people to drag children along on their border-crossings. The leftists' short-term, emotion-driven concept of "Awwww, the poor little kiddies" SOUNDS good - to them, anyway - but ultimately encourages people to put more children at risk.

What if the risk to the child is greater if they are left behind?

The parents are the ones choosing to commit the crime. That doesn't absolve them

Come in Legal::huddle:

Green Card through Family

Green Card through Employment
Green Card as a Special Immigrant

You may be eligible to apply as a… If you…
Religious worker Are a member of a religious denomination coming to U.S. to work for a nonprofit religious org.
Special Immigrant Juvenile Are a child who has been abused, abandoned, or neglected by your parent and
Served as an Afghan or Iraqi translator for the U.S. government
Were employed by or for the U.S. government in Iraq on or after March 20, 2003, for at least one year
International broadcaster Are coming to work in the U.S. as a member of the media
Employee of an internationalorganization
member or NATO-6

Green Card through Refugee or Asylee Status
Green Card for Human Trafficking and Crime Victims

Last edited:
The Central America-4 Border Control Agreement (CA-4; Spanish: Convenio Centroamericano de libre movilidad) is a treaty signed in June 2006 between the Central American nations of El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, establishing the free movement across borders between the four signatory states of their citizens without any restrictions or checks. Foreign nationals who enter one of the signatory countries can also travel to other signatory states by land (but not by air) without having to obtain additional permits or to undergo checks at border checkpoints. Similar to the Schengen Agreement in Europe, the CA-4 Agreement establishes a harmonized visa regime for foreign nationals travelling to the area.

Last edited:
It doesn’t look like all families apprehended by Border Patrol get separated — or even most of them. According to Border Patrol statistics, 9,485 migrants were apprehended in “family units” in May 2018 — 306 a day — while the CBP statistics on family separations suggest that 93 people were separated from their children or parents a day after the zero-tolerance directive went into effect....Regarding immigration I am mostly conservative, but I agree with the other conservative women who spoke out...DO NOT SEPARATE THE TENDER AGE CHILDREN FROM FAMILY!!! Donate to Doctors Without Borders!!!

Last edited:
View Rule

DHS/USCIS RIN: 1615-AA22 Publication ID: Fall 2017
Title: Inadmissibility and Deportability on Public Charge Grounds
Abstract:
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) will propose regulatory provisions guiding the inadmissibility determination on whether an alien is likely at any time to become a public charge under section 212(a)(4) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), 8 U.S.C. 1182(a)(4). DHS proposes to add a regulatory provision, which would define the term public charge and would outline DHS’s public charge considerations.

Agency: Department of Homeland Security(DHS) Priority: Other Significant
RIN Status: Previously published in the Unified Agenda Agenda Stage of Rulemaking: Proposed Rule Stage
Major: No Unfunded Mandates: No
EO 13771 Designation: Fully or Partially Exempt
CFR Citation: Code of Federal Regulations.)
Legal Authority: 8 U.S.C. 1101 to 1103 8 U.S.C. 1182 and 1183 ...
Legal Deadline: None
Statement of Need:
To ensure that foreign nationals coming to the United States or adjusting status to permanent residence, either temporarily or permanently, have adequate means of support while in the United States, and that foreign nationals do not become dependent on public benefits for support.

The left is suddenly ignoring years of Obama bragging about deporting more people than anyone. He separated more families than anyone.

Now, the midterms are coming and the left has manufactured yet another "crisis." That's all this is.

Suddenly, those politicians who campaigned by promising to get tough on illegal immigration are now apparently demanding open borders.

It would seem the left is insisting that all the people pouring through our borders illegally are all innocent parents with their children. No criminals to be found in the lot of them.

And we are monsters for even asking them to check in at the border.

Meanwhile, the serious issue of human trafficking is a real danger. The MS-24 gangs, whose motto is "Kill, Rape, Control" continue to gain strength in our cities. Drug smugglers come and go with ease. Even weapons smugglers are finding it a breeze to do business with the gangs here in the states. And the left wants us to welcome them all with open arms.

We need to clamp down fast and get the border under control. I'm sure there are deserving people we should let in. People who do work hard and want to become U.S. citizens. Some do want to take advantage of us.

There is a huge backlog of people waiting to be processed. When they sneak across the border and get caught, they should expect some hardships. Only 1 in 5 bother to come through a legal entry port. Yes, we should detain anyone coming illegally. And if they are criminals who have been deported before, they should be arrested and separated from any children that are with them.

The left didn't care about the atrocities at the border when Obama was president. Now, Trump is supposed to roll out the red carpet for anyone coming in. I'm sure we should have fancy housing for them to move into and no process to find out who they are or why they are here.

The ones who get separated from children are ones who get arrested for committing a crime. I guess the left is okay with criminals living in the family centers with all the innocent children. Because they care, you know.

Trump is willing to give a break to some whose only crime is crossing the border illegally. First time is considered a misdemeanor. Second time is a felony. Many have been deported numerous times after committing other crimes while in the country. But, the left wants them all treated the same.

We should be sending as many agents to the border as possible to weed out the scum. If we weren't spending so much money and effort trying to keep up with the scum and the animals, maybe we could do more for those who are deserving.

The left loves chaos. And they love fake news and inciting riots. Here we go again with another effort from the left wing radicals to encourage violence in our streets. It seems that this is their favorite tactic for trying to win elections.

As far as the question in the thread title- how many Americans must be killed by illegal aliens before we secure the borders? What human cost is acceptable for the left to win? If the left really gives a shit about children or anyone else, you'd think national security would be a top priority, not pandering to criminals who see America as a rich target.
Major difference between Obama on deportation and Trump is that for Obama his deportation record became a badge shame and for Trump it was a badge of honor. Obama was labeled Deporter in Chief in 2014 by the media. Obama pictured deportees as victims of poverty, abuse, and a failed economic system. Trump pictures them as rapist, murders, and drug traffickers.

The question is are either one of them wrong?
Both are of course. Illegal immigrants just like Americans are all individuals. They are all different.

Just a quick observation:

Trump was demonized when he called the countries these illegals are fleeing from "Shitholes"

Now the left are justifying the Invasion from these Countries because they are just wanting to leave these "Shitholes".

You can't make this shit up folks, you really can't!

Except we didn't call them shitholes or say anything to DEHUMANIZE the people who live there.

Pointing out that there is violence, crime and poverty and those are good reasons why people want to get away from them is an honest observation.

Calling the countries shitholes and the people who live there "animals" and "Rapists" is dehumanizing them.

Get it?
They are shitholes. We throw money at them and instead of spreading it around and driving agriculture the few grab it and rape the sheep. Their number one problem is they are bearing children when they can't afford to feed themselves. And yes, they live like animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back