What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

When family detention centers are full, which they are, what do we do other than catch & release. Catch & release is a failure. Congress needs to either accommodate the influx of reduce the influx. It's their job, not Trump's. Trump is even calling for them to fix it because catch & release failed. We are now going to enforce our laws by detaining unknowns illegally crossing our borders. Are you suggesting we continue catch & release? Are you suggesting we build more family detention centers? Are you suggesting there's no problem? Ending catch & release is good, IMO. We need to find some way to protect children as much as possible. I am open to options.
Why do we have family detention centers? They should be nothing more than a bus stop where they wait for a ride back to Mexico. We take them over the border and drop them off for Mexico to deal with. It’s not our problem.

Did it occur to you that they might not be Mexican, either?
Don’t care. They crossed from Mexico so they go back there. Our job is done. What Mexican chooses to do with them is their choice.

So, we have the right to refuse entry into our country to people without papers, but Mexico does not have the same right to block people that we try to send over there without papers?

I think that I have found the nature of your thinking malfunction, Sparky......
Mexico already let them in dipshit.

When family detention centers are full, which they are, what do we do other than catch & release. Catch & release is a failure. Congress needs to either accommodate the influx of reduce the influx. It's their job, not Trump's. Trump is even calling for them to fix it because catch & release failed. We are now going to enforce our laws by detaining unknowns illegally crossing our borders. Are you suggesting we continue catch & release? Are you suggesting we build more family detention centers? Are you suggesting there's no problem? Ending catch & release is good, IMO. We need to find some way to protect children as much as possible. I am open to options.
Why do we have family detention centers? They should be nothing more than a bus stop where they wait for a ride back to Mexico. We take them over the border and drop them off for Mexico to deal with. It’s not our problem.

Don’t care. They crossed from Mexico so they go back there. Our job is done. What Mexican chooses to do with them is their choice.

So, we have the right to refuse entry into our country to people without papers, but Mexico does not have the same right to block people that we try to send over there without papers?

Mexico has the right to do whatever they wish. If they wish to deny the entry of those we catch crossing FROM MEXICO ILLEGALLY, that is something that can only be addressed by a border wall.

...even though 52% of illegals simply overstay their visa? And, of course, although Trumpettes don't believe it, Mexicans actually have mastered the use of ladders and shovels.

Mexico has the right to do whatever they wish. If they wish to deny the entry of those we catch crossing FROM MEXICO ILLEGALLY, that is something that can only be addressed by a border wall.

...even though 52% of illegals simply overstay their visa? And, of course, although Trumpettes don't believe it, Mexicans actually have mastered the use of ladders and shovels.

Make em work a bit harder, I don't care.

You have that backwards. Mexico, for years, has had far more strict immigration borders than we do. Their southern borders with Guatemala and Belize, are not like our porous southern border.

So, you feel sure that if ICE shows up at the Mexican border with a bus full of brown skinned Latinos, with no papers, Mexico will simply say, "Oh, well, they must be ours, so, just send them on over!

Last edited:

Try climbing over a 30 foot wall with a ladder.

Oh, and take your family with you ...

You have that backwards. Mexico, for years, has had far more strict immigration borders than we do. Their southern borders with Guatemala and Belize, are not like our porous southern border.

So, you feel sure that if ICE shows up at the Mexican border with a buss full of brown skinned Latinos, with not papers, Mexico will simply say, "Oh, well, they must be ours, so, just send them on over!
Yes

Coyote

You thanked post #523, where the author said and I quote "Trump's policies are dragging us down with the two bit dictators".

Do you think Trump is a "two bit dictator"? Simply for wanting our national sovereignty to be respected?
I think policies like this one are dragging us down to that level. You do not need a policy like this in order to successfully maintain law and order at the border.

Families can be and have been detained together. This move is meant to inflict the maximum pain as a deterrant. It is using human rights violations as a tool. The tools of dictators.

Forcing a child to break the law will typically result in separation of the parent from the child. It deters those that would force a child into criminal activities.

There is nothing new here.
It's all new.
Those seeking asylum are not breaking the law. It is a legal process.

Not when they've already been granted asylum in Mexico. You can't trade in your one asylum for a better one north of the border. They sought refuge and Mexico granted them refuge.

Mexico already let them in dipshit.

Latinos don't fly on planes, or travel in boats? Is there a law that anyone coming from El Salvador must first get his ticket punched in Mexico? Does Mexico agree to take anyone the USA says does not belong here into their country? Somehow, I doubt that.

Not a problem. Pull an 18 wheeler up next to the wall, and put a 15 foot ladder on top of it, and a robe ladder on the other side.

You guys don't really think these things through very much, do you?

No one is going to jail for crossing the border unless they are a convicted felon. There is no reason for separating children from their parents. You cannot compare major felonies with crossing the border illegally.

Birthright citizenship is not false. A plain reading of the Amendment does support what the courts have said. If he didn't like it then he should have written it better.
Crossing the border EWI is a crime. It carries a 6 month federal prison penalty (1st offense) and 2 year prison penalties for subsequent offenses.

Birthright citizenship for kids of foreigners is false. The 14th amendment's intention is to give BC to kids of Americans, but not to foreigners.

No one is going to jail. If you think we we going to waste money on non-violent offenses like this then you are crazy. Let's jail people for jaywalking.

If you did, you would have many less jaywalkers.

I've always had the opinion that if you are caught in this country illegally, you should be arrested and subject to a minimum 5 years in prison. If we had that law, none of those people would be here causing problems for us today.

Not a problem. Pull an 18 wheeler up next to the wall, and put a 15 foot ladder on top of it, and a robe ladder on the other side.

If they did any thinking at all they wouldn’t be conservatives.

Seems like a logical deterrent, so unless the parent is so negligent as to knowingly bring a child across the border when they know they will be separated, then it is that parents choice to do so. That is exactly what a deterrent is.

Seems more like unnecessary human rights violations.

So whats your solution?

Eliminate the horrible policy.

Thats not an answer.

It is indeed an answer. Creating a policy that uses human rights violations as a deterrent for furure applicants to a legal process is not a solution at all. It's making an existing legal pathway a nightmare so people don't try to use it.

Change the law if it's a problem.

And who decided it was a human rights violation besides you and your ilk?

Man, sure, that's going to happen really quietly as well, right. Not like we can't just push the ladder over, right?

Seems more like unnecessary human rights violations.

So whats your solution?

Eliminate the horrible policy.

Thats not an answer.

It is indeed an answer. Creating a policy that uses human rights violations as a deterrent for furure applicants to a legal process is not a solution at all. It's making an existing legal pathway a nightmare so people don't try to use it.

Change the law if it's a problem.

And who decided it was a human rights violation besides you and your ilk?

We do it thousands of times everyday when we take children away from citizens, it's only a human rights issue if they illegally try to enter the Country?????

Makes zero sense

Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump:
"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.

Coyote,

It is the parent mistake to bring theor child with them. It is illegal to enter this country without the propet authorization and yet you are angry at the Federal Government for doing it job and not the parent that put their child life at risk.

This action is to make the parent think first before risking the loss of their child...

Also Coyote no matter how you twsit this but the kid is better off in thr programs that we have than rotting in that third world hell hole they come from and some parents are willing to risk jail and capture just to get their kid here even if it is a foster home or camp...

You should be more angry at the Parent and the illegal alien homeland for forcing the parent to risk their child life than being upset at our government...

Who are we trying to send to Mexico without papers except for the people Mexico sent us?

"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.

If the parents are arrested, prosecuted, and jailed, what would you LIKE to do with the children? Session is correct that this is exactly what we do with the children of American citizens when they are arrested and jailed.

Isn’t it time that bleeding heart suckers add some credibility to this whining by starting with the condemnation of the piece of shit criminal wetback parents first?
Whatta ya say...seem like rudimentary logic to you?

And another one who thinks punishing children is a suitable response. Way to go dude.

We aren't punishing the children; their parents are, because THEY are the ones choosing to commit crimes and thereby put their children in a precarious position. WE are protecting the children by putting them into supervised care, exactly the way we do for the children of any OTHER criminals we prosecute. I ask you again: what the fuck do you WANT to do with the kids while their parents are locked up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back