What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't dodge. Link showing that these children were housed with hardcore criminals?
I'm working 12 hour shifts right now........don't have time to play your stupid game right now.........google it.....it's there............They are mostly Private prisons........................do you deny the second offense is a felony.................Let's put felons in family centers............LOL

You want Catch and Release...............and you sure as hell don't want our borders secure.............That policy is OPEN BORDERS............why did they even bother to detain ANYONE under Obama.............when they let them go anyway..................

Kind of a Waste of time.

Then you sure as hell shouldn't have time to be messing about on a silly political messageboard I would think. If you don't have a link, then fine. Stop farting around.

Why do you think this is a good policy? It wasn't necessary before. Why now?

Why do you think every policy has to be based on necessity? How about he just wanted to do it to send a message to future law breakers coming to this country?

Because it crosses the line to cruel and abusive tactics and if it is unnecessary, why do it? Hyperbole yes - but, just go put heads on stakes.

You never learn, do you? That tactic has zero chance of changing anybody's mind here or anyplace else. Extremism is desperation and everybody knows it.

There is nothing cruel and abusive about taking starving kids, putting them in a shelter, getting them cleaned up, fed, medical treatment if necessary, or otherwise sending them to live with relatives already in the US. What could possibly be cruel about that?

Extremism? Like starving kids? You mean it's not possible to help the mothers and kids together? Really? Lying has zero chance of changing anyone's mind either.

29h989.jpg

Those aren't DACA dreamers but then, honesty isn't your strong point is it?
You confuse Sarcasm for Truth or dare...................meme was sent to hit a raw nerve ending..........mission accomplished.......

Why did the Dems not fund more for more beds and judges..........it was proposed.

When people post memes, it's because they believe they have at least a kernal of truth in them if not much more.
That is a opinion and your opinion doesn't out weigh mine..................

And it is also a sign that some of us are tired of hearing your BS save the children campaign..................Bitch at us with no solutions offered............

Again tell me the ANGELS OF MERCY DEMS PROPOSALS.......................
The dem proposal is that we let child smugglers operate with impunity, and that we subsidize sex traffickers via welfare, free abortions no quesitons asked for their stables, and allow them access to our schools via refugee settlement programs.

Don't separate the children from their parents.
So if an American couple are arrested for some white collar crime, and are sentenced to 20 years, and they have a 1 year old child, that kid should be in their prison cell with them, until the kid reaches 21 years of age, right ? Right ? :biggrin:
That's not a fair comparison. No one is goes to jail for 20 years for unlawful entry into the US or unlawful presence. There is no reason why parents should be separated from their children while they are being detained. They can be held in family detention centers. If the adults are convicted of a crime and sent to prison, then the children should should be turned over to an agency for placement. If they are deported they should be turned back over to parents.

Separating these children from their parents is a disaster waiting to happen particular with the younger kids. The Trump administration has made separating kids of detained parents a policy which means there're going have thousands of them. When these kids start turning up missing or worse and can't be returned to the parents, the democrats will have a field day.

I lived in New Orleans for 10 years, and down there, I learned what happens to kids without parents..

Gangs.

Immigration in the Omnibus: No Wall Funding, but Gains for Trump

Detention Beds
  • President’s request: Currently, the government is required to fill at least 34,000 beds across all immigration detention centers each night. Congress has continued this mandate over many years, despite objections raised by the Obama administration. Trump sought $1.2 billion to expand the mandate to 45,700 beds by the end of FY2017.
  • Omnibus bill: Congress approved $526 million for additional beds, raising the number available to 39,324. Congress also approved $33 million for additional transportation and removal costs, as well as $57 million for alternatives to detention.
Immigration courts
  • President’s Request: The president’s FY2017 request did not ask for additional immigration court funding. However, the FY2018 budget blueprint called for the hiring of 75 new judge teams. The new resources would aim to speed up case processing in immigration courts, where the backlog has surpassed 542,000 cases, with an average wait time of 677 days.
  • Omnibus bill: The Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) budget has been increased by $20 million to $440 million for FY2017, which allows for the creation of 10 additional immigration judge teams this fiscal year.
There are so many empty FEMA trailers (about 60,000) around the country, the government has been selling them. The army is spending half billion dollars a year maintaining empty facilities. There is plenty of room for detainees and their families. Trump is just going after the kids to punish the parents, exactly what I would expect of him.

I'm working 12 hour shifts right now........don't have time to play your stupid game right now.........google it.....it's there............They are mostly Private prisons........................do you deny the second offense is a felony.................Let's put felons in family centers............LOL

You want Catch and Release...............and you sure as hell don't want our borders secure.............That policy is OPEN BORDERS............why did they even bother to detain ANYONE under Obama.............when they let them go anyway..................

Kind of a Waste of time.

Then you sure as hell shouldn't have time to be messing about on a silly political messageboard I would think. If you don't have a link, then fine. Stop farting around.

Why do you think this is a good policy? It wasn't necessary before. Why now?

Why do you think every policy has to be based on necessity? How about he just wanted to do it to send a message to future law breakers coming to this country?

Because it crosses the line to cruel and abusive tactics and if it is unnecessary, why do it? Hyperbole yes - but, just go put heads on stakes.

You never learn, do you? That tactic has zero chance of changing anybody's mind here or anyplace else. Extremism is desperation and everybody knows it.

There is nothing cruel and abusive about taking starving kids, putting them in a shelter, getting them cleaned up, fed, medical treatment if necessary, or otherwise sending them to live with relatives already in the US. What could possibly be cruel about that?

Extremism? Like starving kids? You mean it's not possible to help the mothers and kids together? Really? Lying has zero chance of changing anyone's mind either.

What am I lying about? You mean those kids were well fed on the trip to our border?

So if an American couple are arrested for some white collar crime, and are sentenced to 20 years, and they have a 1 year old child, that kid should be in their prison cell with them, until the kid reaches 21 years of age, right ? Right ? :biggrin:
That's not a fair comparison. No one is goes to jail for 20 years for unlawful entry into the US or unlawful presence. There is no reason why parents should be separated from their children while they are being detained. They can be held in family detention centers. If the adults are convicted of a crime and sent to prison, then the children should should be turned over to an agency for placement. If they are deported they should be turned back over to parents.

Separating these children from their parents is a disaster waiting to happen particular with the younger kids. The Trump administration has made separating kids of detained parents a policy which means there're going have thousands of them. When these kids start turning up missing or worse and can't be returned to the parents, the democrats will have a field day.

I lived in New Orleans for 10 years, and down there, I learned what happens to kids without parents..

Gangs.
----------------------------------------its a good State for guns and gun carry eh . No need to fear gangs , just carry a high capacity pistol and maybe a backup magazine VS. .

Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump:
"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.

bs, the stupid jerks should not HAVE kids. They know damned well what causes kids, how to prevent it, and they also know damned well that they can't afford kids. So they come here to steal our jobs and mooch off of the taxpayer. I say eff em. Let them stay where they are, stop having kids and soon, labor will be worth something where they live.
When they came to the US seeking asylums, they probably didn't expect the first thing the US would do was take away kids. There mistake was not realizing that "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" was just all bullshit. They should have just stayed in Honduras and taken their chances with Mara Salvatrucha and the Barrio 18.

Then what were they expecting and who gave them the reason for expecting it?

Gangs.
----------------------------------------its a good State for guns and gun carry eh . No need to fear gangs , just carry a high capacity pistol and maybe a backup magazine VS. .

Absolutely. There is nothing like a shootout with a gang of 14 year-olds for a memorable Mardi Gras.

third worlders should learn to build decent societies Flopper .

As long as they have a place to flock to, these countries are nothing but breeding grounds for future US troubles.

Our country didn't come effortlessly either. We had to fight a lot of wars, sometimes killing each other. Freedom is something that costs a lot of lives. It's about time people in these countries start fighting for themselves, otherwise in 100 years, they will still be coming here.

Gangs.

Absolutely. There is nothing like a shootout with a gang of 14 year-olds for a memorable Mardi Gras.
--------------------------------- you'd make the news and the gang of scum would be reduced or eliminated if you are a good shot VS ..

As long as they have a place to flock to, these countries are nothing but breeding grounds for future US troubles.

Our country didn't come effortlessly either. We had to fight a lot of wars, sometimes killing each other. Freedom is something that costs a lot of lives. It's about time people in these countries start fighting for themselves, otherwise in 100 years, they will still be coming here.

Most of us have never had to.

Nor have we lived under the conditions and violence in those countries. In fact many of us have ancestors that came here fleeing those kinds of things.

Sure sounds like a nice story though.

MOST eh ?? MY ancestors built the greatest society the world has ever seen [the USA] and they were fighting brutal indigenous gangs all the time Coyote .

No illegal aliens-children or otherwise-should be allowed to stay. Zero tolerance. End of story.
They're not illegal because no court has found them guilty of anything. The question is not whether they should stay or not but whether they should be treated humanely and remain with their parents until the court acts.

Since they are essentially jailed until that time, like anyone else who is arrested for a crime, you are suggesting that the children ALSO be jailed, to "remain with their parents".

Like everything you say, it's ludicrous and stupid.
Yup, because they aren’t actually in a jail, accommodations are made for families just as they are for children. Great idea don’t you think?

There is no more room at the family detention centers. Perhaps congress should get off their asses and address this, like Trump is calling for.

No illegal aliens-children or otherwise-should be allowed to stay. Zero tolerance. End of story.
They're not illegal because no court has found them guilty of anything. The question is not whether they should stay or not but whether they should be treated humanely and remain with their parents until the court acts.

Since they are essentially jailed until that time, like anyone else who is arrested for a crime, you are suggesting that the children ALSO be jailed, to "remain with their parents".

Yup, because they aren’t actually in a jail, accommodations are made for families just as they are for children. Great idea don’t you think?

There is no more room at the family detention centers. Perhaps congress should get off their asses and address this, like Trump is calling for.

Doesn't do any good when Trump won't sign anything.

Nor have we lived under the conditions and violence in those countries. In fact many of us have ancestors that came here fleeing those kinds of things.

It's not a story. Ever hear of the Civil War?

Just because most of us never had to doesn't mean nobody did. We lost a lot of Americans to create and maintain this great place we call America. But that doesn't mean this great place is open to the world. What you want is never ending immigration until the point these people take over our country and turn it into one of theirs which will happen if we don't have massive restrictions on our borders.

We don't have 12 million illegals here because we did enough, we have them because at times we didn't do anything. It's about time we start.

more like 25 to 30 million Ray , just sayng as the 11 million number is from years ago . --------- just a comment .

It's not a story. Ever hear of the Civil War?

Just because most of us never had to doesn't mean nobody did. We lost a lot of Americans to create and maintain this great place we call America. But that doesn't mean this great place is open to the world. What you want is never ending immigration until the point these people take over our country and turn it into one of theirs which will happen if we don't have massive restrictions on our borders.

We don't have 12 million illegals here because we did enough, we have them because at times we didn't do anything. It's about time we start.

What you are saying is exactly what was said about every other immigration group - they don't assimilate. Yet they do. I'm tired of the constant (and false) argument that if I oppose certain policies I MUST be for open borders and unrestricted immigration.

I'm not.

Doesn't do any good when Trump won't sign anything.

It's the job of congress. Trump is calling them out to fix it. They haven't.

It's not Trump's fault...yet. Right now, it is the law. Congress needs to fix it. IF Trump doesn't sign a clean bill to fix it, THEN it can be his fault for you.

This is just another "attack Trump" mission, like "Trump fired all the ambassadors." Remember how that one fizzled, too, when it was revealed that it was like that loong before Trump? This is just like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back