What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
29h989.jpg

Those aren't DACA dreamers but then, honesty isn't your strong point is it?
You confuse Sarcasm for Truth or dare...................meme was sent to hit a raw nerve ending..........mission accomplished.......

Why did the Dems not fund more for more beds and judges..........it was proposed.

There are plenty of ways to deter it without descending to this. It's cruel and there is no other way to put it.

Can you explain what is cruel about it?

Fund more judges to speed up hearings and deportations.

That's one of the first things Trump did. But if your boat is sinking, you can't expect to get anywhere by bailing out the water with a pail unless you fix the hole first.

Increase manpower and electronic border security.

Democrats are stopping any and all efforts to manually secure the border. Blame them.

Funny thing is, she says, "Fund more judges to speed up hearings and deportations", like it's some brilliant alternative she's come up with that no one else saw, because her leftism makes her so superior and more compassionate, but HER OWN DAMNED LINK said that that's the cornerstone of the program she's bitching about. If she had bothered to read more than the headline before shouting, "Eureka! Something else I can hate Trump for!" she would know that.

Sorry, I never claimed credit for that, it's been in the news. You need get to out more. Meanwhile, please feel to extol the virtues of ripping babies from the arms of their mothers in hour effort to "stop" illegal immigration. A pity you can't put all that energy into stopping rape and murder and child abuse. Oops. You support child abuse don't you? Never mind then. Your warped priorities will hopefuly be just another page in our countries book of shame in a few years.
On the second offense it is a felony..........and those get put into prison with some very bad people.........Let's put the children into prison with drug traffickers and Human Traffickers.

In the Omnibus they only gave Trump half what he requested for more beds.
They also weren't so nice on implementing E-Verify............didn't give enough for more judges but more judges for immigration courts did happen..........

Everything some have complained about here was proposed.................

Want more beds and speedy trials.............how about voting to fund it.

Sure. But I sure as hell won't vote for tearing children from their families. Strange but - that wasn't necessary before. Nor was it the policy. Now suddenly, it must be done. And folks pretend it's for the good of the children. I say bullshit on that. Not when there are other accommodations for families.

You confuse Sarcasm for Truth or dare...................meme was sent to hit a raw nerve ending..........mission accomplished.......

Why did the Dems not fund more for more beds and judges..........it was proposed.

When people post memes, it's because they believe they have at least a kernal of truth in them if not much more.

What else was in the same bill?
Immigration in Trump’s Budget Blueprint

Omnibus isn't your standard bill of goods now is it................

Now.............show me the solutions from the Dems other than the Save the children political campaign your side is trying now................

Show me the bills to increase beds and space at detention centers.........and show me increased requests for judges and courts to speed up the time for processing immigration.................

They didn't propose it and only gave a little funding.........then want to bitch about it later.

There are plenty of ways to deter it without descending to this. It's cruel and there is no other way to put it.

That's one of the first things Trump did. But if your boat is sinking, you can't expect to get anywhere by bailing out the water with a pail unless you fix the hole first.

Democrats are stopping any and all efforts to manually secure the border. Blame them.

Funny thing is, she says, "Fund more judges to speed up hearings and deportations", like it's some brilliant alternative she's come up with that no one else saw, because her leftism makes her so superior and more compassionate, but HER OWN DAMNED LINK said that that's the cornerstone of the program she's bitching about. If she had bothered to read more than the headline before shouting, "Eureka! Something else I can hate Trump for!" she would know that.

Sorry, I never claimed credit for that, it's been in the news. You need get to out more. Meanwhile, please feel to extol the virtues of ripping babies from the arms of their mothers in hour effort to "stop" illegal immigration. A pity you can't put all that energy into stopping rape and murder and child abuse. Oops. You support child abuse don't you? Never mind then. Your warped priorities will hopefuly be just another page in our countries book of shame in a few years.
On the second offense it is a felony..........and those get put into prison with some very bad people.........Let's put the children into prison with drug traffickers and Human Traffickers.

They also weren't so nice on implementing E-Verify............didn't give enough for more judges but more judges for immigration courts did happen..........

Sure. But I sure as hell won't vote for tearing children from their families. Strange but - that wasn't necessary before. Nor was it the policy. Now suddenly, it must be done. And folks pretend it's for the good of the children. I say bullshit on that. Not when there are other accommodations for families.

Obama hadn't advertised the fact that we would let illegals with children get a free pass before.

Human trafficking and child smuggling has become epidemic. And it's because of people like you.

When people post memes, it's because they believe they have at least a kernal of truth in them if not much more.
That is a opinion and your opinion doesn't out weigh mine..................

And it is also a sign that some of us are tired of hearing your BS save the children campaign..................Bitch at us with no solutions offered............

Again tell me the ANGELS OF MERCY DEMS PROPOSALS.......................

Obama hadn't advertised the fact that we would let illegals with children get a free pass before.

Human trafficking and child smuggling has become epidemic. And it's because of people like you.
Not to mention that they Lied their little asses off on how TOUGH OBAMA WAS on illegals..........Utter BS.............Catch and Release was a
Welcome to America Door Mat...............................Same thing they want now .............

And their Lies were caught on this issue by posting pictures from under Obama................and then they move on dot org and shrug off their LIES as normal................

They offer NO PLAN but basic Amnesty...............then claim they aren't for Open borders..............They are either very confused or they are complete IDIOTS.

Of course it wasn't done under Catch and Release............aka IGNORING THE LAWS OF THE REPUBLIC.............when it suits you............

You only need to follow the law when you choose correct........or is OBAMA A GOD.............with his pen and a phone.........do whatever he wants..........

Again ............other than Amnesty and Catch and Release...........what are their bills to fix this..........

Dems are Very good at Bitching at others ideas..........and then not having solutions themselves..........go get some pom poms and do your chant from the Cheap Seats in the bleachers

In the mean time............our laws are now being enforced and Catch and Release is over..............No more Welcome Mat........and children will NOT BE HOUSED WITH HARD CORE CRIMINALS.................As has been standard policy for a very long time...........But you just noticed.......for political reasons.

No, it's because it's only considered a misdemeanor. If it was a first degree felony, we would reduce our immigration population by at least 90%, and reduce border crossings by even more.
It would also be a better deterrent, if the prison time was made to be very uncomfortable. Something that after their imprisonment, illegals would not want to risk repeating.

That will never happen with liberal courts around. So the best thing we can do is put up as many deterrents as we can to keep them away from our borders. If it means you don't see your kids for a while, too fn bad. Nobody invited you here in the first place, and you knew that possibility existed when you decided to drag your little rugrats with you to the US.

But now these troublemakers want to turn American citizens against each other drawing on our sympathy and once again, cause more problems for us.

Who needs it? Don't we have enough problems of our own without people importing more problems for us? I'm so sick of the left using children as a bargaining chip to get their political agendas across against our will. My signature says it best.

And it is also a sign that some of us are tired of hearing your BS save the children campaign..................Bitch at us with no solutions offered............

I've offered solutions doofus. Not my fault you don't like them. If you prefer child abuse, that is your choice.

Of course it wasn't done under Catch and Release............aka IGNORING THE LAWS OF THE REPUBLIC.............when it suits you............

You only need to follow the law when you choose correct........or is OBAMA A GOD.............with his pen and a phone.........do whatever he wants..........

Again ............other than Amnesty and Catch and Release...........what are their bills to fix this..........

Dems are Very good at Bitching at others ideas..........and then not having solutions themselves..........go get some pom poms and do your chant from the Cheap Seats in the bleachers

In the mean time............our laws are now being enforced and Catch and Release is over..............No more Welcome Mat........and children will NOT BE HOUSED WITH HARD CORE CRIMINALS.................As has been standard policy for a very long time...........But you just noticed.......for political reasons.

Link showing that these children were housed with hardcore criminals?

Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump:
"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.
What would you have us dew dear?

I've offered solutions doofus. Not my fault you don't like them. If you prefer child abuse, that is your choice.
It is child abuse if you put them in prison.............Dems policies have encouraged more to come...........and their REFUSAL to fund more facilities gives them NO MORAL ground on this issue.....................If they want to end the over crowding then they need to get off their Liberal Asses and do something other than Whine.................

And this we are Abusing Children is a political tactic for the coming election...........Your just practicing your next political junta.

You gave solutions.........I didn't see them.........been busy................Now show me the Dems bills they tried to pass................over then Amnesty and open borders.............Catch and Release is open borders.........Might as well bring home border agents and say FUCK IT under that policy.

To really reduce the 12 million illegal immigrants in the US we have to start large scale deportations from all of major cities, and that's not going to be easy for a number of reasons.

No, if we really wanted to reduce the number of illegals, all we have to do is pass a law that anybody caught here illegally faces a minimum five year prison sentence. It could be more depending on how good the judge feels that day.

At least 11 million of the illegals will be running to that border so fast it would make your head spin.
Those people from Honduras would probably consider 5 years in a federal prison free room and board, far better than what awaits them at home. It just delays deportation and cost a bunch of money. This is one of the reasons we rarely imprison someone for illegal entry.

No, it's because it's only considered a misdemeanor. If it was a first degree felony, we would reduce our immigration population by at least 90%, and reduce border crossings by even more.
For first time offenders, it's a misdemeanor. Although Trump devotees consider it on par with rape or murder, the penalty makes it about as serious as trespassing. Of course the real punishment is deportation. However, immigration courts don't punish people. Deportation is only a change of immigration status since this is being handled in a civil not a criminal court.

For repeat offenders it can be tried as a felony. In the federal system an imprisonment penalty of one year or over is considered a felony. My understanding is Trump is moving repeat offenders to criminal court which is not likely to consider the reason for the crime nor the effect of conviction on the family plus there is no huge backlog. So they should be open and shut cases, ideal for plea bargains. However, in a criminal court the defendant is entitled to a jury trial unlike immigration court.

I seriously doubt that any penalty other than death for illegal entry would have any effect on illegal immigration. From the questions I read on the Internet from people facing deportation, they don't have a clue how our legal system works and know even less about immigration courts or laws and these are probably the smart ones.

I don't buy that one minute. Third world countries are not totally void of news and communications. Right..........they didn't know. That's like asking a convict in prison if they did the crime. Nine times out of ten they will deny it.

Create a strong enough deterrent and it will reduce the number of illegals greatly. Put up signs within ten miles of our border of what the penalties are here so nobody can use that excuse anymore.

Jesus........use google...........Private companies run the jails were those who are considered criminal go to........including second offenses which are considered a Felony................They put the bad guys there as well.

You demand answers from me................yet REFUSE to give the bills from the Dems to fix this..............must be nice to demand when you give nothing in return.

It is child abuse if you put them in prison.............Dems policies have encouraged more to come...........and their REFUSAL to fund more facilities gives them NO MORAL ground on this issue.....................If they want to end the over crowding then they need to get off their Liberal Asses and do something other than Whine.................

And this we are Abusing Children is a political tactic for the coming election...........Your just practicing your next political junta.

You gave solutions.........I didn't see them.........been busy................Now show me the Dems bills they tried to pass................over then Amnesty and open borders.............Catch and Release is open borders.........Might as well bring home border agents and say FUCK IT under that policy.

So why is we MUST HAVE this particular policy? There are family facilities that can hold them prior to their hearing, something mentioned before but ignored by you. Why do you so fiercely defend THIS particular policy? Do you believe that if we ditch this PARTICULAR policy, we will lose our war against immigration and they will come flooding in murdering and raping us in our beds or something? Do you believe if we say this PARTICULAR policy sucks, that means there are NO OTHER alternatives?

So why do you need to defend it? Because you Republicans can't just say it sucks? No...wait, a lot of Republicans don't much like it either. You Trumpists then? This one policy MUST BE RETAINED?

Jesus........use google...........Private companies run the jails were those who are considered criminal go to........including second offenses which are considered a Felony................They put the bad guys there as well.

You demand answers from me................yet REFUSE to give the bills from the Dems to fix this..............must be nice to demand when you give nothing in return.

Don't dodge. Link showing that these children were housed with hardcore criminals?

No, if we really wanted to reduce the number of illegals, all we have to do is pass a law that anybody caught here illegally faces a minimum five year prison sentence. It could be more depending on how good the judge feels that day.

At least 11 million of the illegals will be running to that border so fast it would make your head spin.
A bill like that was attempted, proposed by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX). It was called the Stop Illegal Reentry Act, and also "Kate's Law", named after Kate Steinle, who was killed by an illegal alien, in San Francisco. The bill was defeated by Democrats who voted solidly against it.

And this is where Republicans are to blame. Put those bills back up there and vote on them again......right before reelection. Let's see who are the real Americans and who are the traitors, because Kate's law was introduced with a Democrat majority in the Senate.

To really reduce the 12 million illegal immigrants in the US we have to start large scale deportations from all of major cities, and that's not going to be easy for a number of reasons.

Those people from Honduras would probably consider 5 years in a federal prison free room and board, far better than what awaits them at home. It just delays deportation and cost a bunch of money. This is one of the reasons we rarely imprison someone for illegal entry.

For first time offenders, it's a misdemeanor. Although Trump devotees consider it on par with rape or murder, the penalty makes it about as serious as trespassing. Of course the real punishment is deportation. However, immigration courts don't punish people. Deportation is only a change of immigration status since this is being handled in a civil not a criminal court.

For repeat offenders it can be tried as a felony. In the federal system an imprisonment penalty of one year or over is considered a felony. My understanding is Trump is moving repeat offenders to criminal court which is not likely to consider the reason for the crime nor the effect of conviction on the family plus there is no huge backlog. So they should be open and shut cases, ideal for plea bargains. However, in a criminal court the defendant is entitled to a jury trial unlike immigration court.

I seriously doubt that any penalty other than death for illegal entry would have any effect on illegal immigration. From the questions I read on the Internet from people facing deportation, they don't have a clue how our legal system works and know even less about immigration courts or laws and these are probably the smart ones.

I don't buy that one minute. Third world countries are not totally void of news and communications. Right..........they didn't know. That's like asking a convict in prison if they did the crime. Nine times out of ten they will deny it.

Create a strong enough deterrent and it will reduce the number of illegals greatly. Put up signs within ten miles of our border of what the penalties are here so nobody can use that excuse anymore.

Cut their heads off and put then on stakes across our borders and sell their children to human traffickers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back