What if she didn't have a gun?

Really? There isn't? So they don't run your driving record? They don't prevent you from getting one if you owe back child support? You are the moron.

I have never once had my driving record run when I bought a car, I wish they would, I might get the same break on buying a car I get when I buy insurance. (By the way, since I live in California, I don't actually need insurance to drive a car either, so don't whinge about how your piss poor driving makes it impossible to drive a car.) As for the child support thing, can you explain how the state can deny someone ID just because they owe somebody money? Do they think that making it impossible for someone to get a job, or to get back and forth to work, will magically make money appear? That sounds like the typical thinking of a statist asshole to me, which means it only makes sense if you assume the government is GAWD.

You have to be trained? In what? All it takes in every state I ever got one was the ability to pass a fucking test. There was no requirement for me to prove I ever took a class. Maybe you should stop trying to drive your car through the the DMV office.

Licenses your gun and get a back ground check, and get over it.
Shit! I have to do more along with a background check every year just to do my job, Well with the state, every two years with my employer, and I was finger printed. You can get one back ground check when you buy your gun. Get over it! Plus about 90% of population agrees.

Personally, I don't think the government has any more reason to know what I own than they do who I am sleeping with.

Then again, I am not the power mad statist that thinks they have the right to force other people to believe the same thing they do.

If you are under 18 you have to have proof you took drivers ED, smart one.
And you obviously have to have training to pass the test. Unless you took up driving the day you took your test and magically knew traffic laws.

Power mad statist? You have to be joking. All I want is back ground checks. Look up the meaning of statist dumb ass.
I watched bullet fragments be taken out of my brothers face when I was 14. The man is now out of prison I would rather they at least try to keep him from owning a gun. If he buys one illegally so be it, but I don't want my state condoning him buying another gun.

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

So you're saying that we don't already have background checks?

Try buying a gun and then try telling me that afterwards.

I doubt you'll test this out, but I dare you to walk into a gun shop and talk to a dealer. Ask him what the requirements are. Don't pay attention to the media or lying politicians. Find out for yourself.

I have never once had my driving record run when I bought a car, I wish they would, I might get the same break on buying a car I get when I buy insurance. (By the way, since I live in California, I don't actually need insurance to drive a car either, so don't whinge about how your piss poor driving makes it impossible to drive a car.) As for the child support thing, can you explain how the state can deny someone ID just because they owe somebody money? Do they think that making it impossible for someone to get a job, or to get back and forth to work, will magically make money appear? That sounds like the typical thinking of a statist asshole to me, which means it only makes sense if you assume the government is GAWD.

You have to be trained? In what? All it takes in every state I ever got one was the ability to pass a fucking test. There was no requirement for me to prove I ever took a class. Maybe you should stop trying to drive your car through the the DMV office.

Personally, I don't think the government has any more reason to know what I own than they do who I am sleeping with.

Then again, I am not the power mad statist that thinks they have the right to force other people to believe the same thing they do.

And you obviously have to have training to pass the test. Unless you took up driving the day you took your test and magically knew traffic laws.

Power mad statist? You have to be joking. All I want is back ground checks. Look up the meaning of statist dumb ass.
I watched bullet fragments be taken out of my brothers face when I was 14. The man is now out of prison I would rather they at least try to keep him from owning a gun. If he buys one illegally so be it, but I don't want my state condoning him buying another gun.

I doubt you'll test this out, but I dare you to walk into a gun shop and talk to a dealer. Ask him what the requirements are. Don't pay attention to the media or lying politicians. Find out for yourself.

Just do a private sale, no background check needed.

If I have to jump through hoops to drive a car, you have to get a background check. My record was checked, I have to pay, I had to be trained, I have to hold a license, and I have to have insurance.
Deaths from each are pretty close.

And it was actually 2 million, and it's easy to prove. I am sure they track who is turned down. I am sure some still were able to get a gun, but not all of them, not every criminal will or knows how to get an illegal gun.

If it was actually 2 million I am sure you can actually link to the numbers that prove it. Until you do, I will simply scoff at your absurd claims.

Google it like I did after I read the 1 million.
Absurd? Why absurd? The number only represents people who were denied. It's hard to believe there is 2 million felons in the US?
Still not very smart I see. lol

Show me the source of your numbers and I will show you why it is absurd.

No, I didn't say that. If you don't know what is going on don't comment. QW doesn't like them, I told him to get one and shut up.
I am pretty okay with current gun laws. I think you should back ground check at gun shows, but most do.

Really? There isn't? So they don't run your driving record? They don't prevent you from getting one if you owe back child support? You are the moron.

Licenses your gun and get a back ground check, and get over it.
Shit! I have to do more along with a background check every year just to do my job, Well with the state, every two years with my employer, and I was finger printed. You can get one back ground check when you buy your gun. Get over it! Plus about 90% of population agrees.

Those same kids cannot buy a pistol until they are 21, what's your point?

What is your's? I am fine with the way it is, you are not.

Actually I'm using a lot of statistics and studies. You really need a new line.

Yet you haven't provided on bit of evidence that background checks prevented 1 million sales to criminals despite your claim that they have.

Why is that?

I've provided it several times actually.
FBI ? NICS 15th Anniversary: Stats Show Success of Gun Background Check System

As I told you before, that link does not back up your claim, yet you keep making the same absurd claim.

What is your's? I am fine with the way it is, you are not.

If you are fine with the way it is why are you complaining about the way it is?

Yet you haven't provided on bit of evidence that background checks prevented 1 million sales to criminals despite your claim that they have.

Why is that?

As I told you before, that link does not back up your claim, yet you keep making the same absurd claim.

Yes it does. You just don't want it to.
Background checks stopped 1 millions sales of guns, it's pretty simple. I am guessing they kept track of denied applications.
It has nothing to do with illegal sales or if they were still able to buy a gun. Stop being an idiot. 2+2 doesn't equal 2000. It just simply means a million applications were denied due to criminal record. You are over thinking it and looking like an idiot.

Why is that?

No actually it does.

To date, NICS queries of criminal databases have resulted in 1,065,090 denials, with 88,479 in 2012 alone.

Background checks stopped 1 millions sales of guns, it's pretty simple. I am guessing they kept track of denied applications.
It has nothing to do with illegal sales or if they were still able to buy a gun. Stop being an idiot. 2+2 doesn't equal 2000. It just simply means a million applications were denied due to criminal record. You are over thinking it and looking like an idiot.

Aren't you the one that made the claim that background checks prevented 2 million criminals from buying guns? If you read Brain's link you will see it doesn't even back up his less absurd number of 1 million, much less your 2 million.

Aren't you the one that made the claim that background checks prevented 2 million criminals from buying guns? If you read Brain's link you will see it doesn't even back up his less absurd number of 1 million, much less your 2 million.

To date, NICS queries of criminal databases have resulted in 1,065,090 denials, with 88,479 in 2012 alone.

No actually it does.

That is not what you said.

Background checks have stopped over a million sales to criminals. Once we register guns and make it so all sales need a background check there will be even more stopped.

A denial is not the same thing as preventing a sale to a criminal. They even have an appeals process for people who are denied and believe that there was a mistake. Funny thing about that, since any finding of a proceed has to be cleared within 24 hours it is entirely possible for someone to get denied, file an appeal, win, and still get denied the next time they buy a gun. That is why they set up the VAF system where you can elect to keep your records on file so that, when you get denied, they can see that they are wrong. Despite this, they still managed to deny people in that system 4,020 times in 2012 alone.

FBI ? NICS Operations Report 2012

In case you have as much trouble with math now as you did last time I showed you some numbers, that is roughly 5% of the denials they had for that year. That figure is only a small portion of the number of appeals they receive each year.

Tell me something, oh font of all things stupid, if they actually catch over 38,000 criminals trying to buy a gun every year, which is a fucking felony, why aren't they arresting them?

Last edited:

No actually it does.

That is not what you said.

Background checks have stopped over a million sales to criminals. Once we register guns and make it so all sales need a background check there will be even more stopped.

A denial is not the same thing as preventing a sale to a criminal. They even have an appeals process for people who are denied and believe that there was a mistake. Funny thing about that, since any finding of a proceed has to be cleared within 24 hours it is entirely possible for someone to get denied, file an appeal, win, and still get denied the next time they buy a gun. That is why they set up the VAF system where you can elect to keep your records on file so that, when you get denied, they can see that they are wrong. Despite this, they still managed to deny people in that system 4,020 times in 2012 alone.

FBI ? NICS Operations Report 2012

In case you have as much trouble with math now as you did last time I showed you some numbers, that is roughly 5% of the denials they had for that year. That figure is only a small portion of the number of appeals they receive each year.

Tell me something, oh font of all things stupid, if they actually catch over 38,000 criminals trying to buy a gun every year, which is a fucking felony, why aren't they arresting them?

I am pretty okay with current gun laws. I think you should back ground check at gun shows, but most do.
Every single gun sold by a dealer at every single gun show goes thru a background check, else the dealer breaks the law.

No background checks for private sales.

In some states you are required to file a blue card to note transfer of ownership or a firearm.

That's good enough.

Forum List

Back