What if the U.S. cared about Central and South America?

They were involved at a fraction of what we were. ...

It seems you are completely ignorant of history.

Oh yea sorry because our 4500 dead soldiers are comparable to the rest of the worlds sacrifice. Oh wait nvm it's not even close. What were Russia, China and India's combined casualties? A big fat zero.

You should probably reconsider where you're getting your history from.

You and your straw man can't follow a discussion, it seems.

What discussion? All I see are nonsensical single sentence responses from without any foundation in reality.

See, that right there does not advance a discussion.

They were involved at a fraction of what we were. ...

Oh yea sorry because our 4500 dead soldiers are comparable to the rest of the worlds sacrifice. Oh wait nvm it's not even close. What were Russia, China and India's combined casualties? A big fat zero.

What discussion? All I see are nonsensical single sentence responses from without any foundation in reality.

It's a prompt. For you to in some way advance the discussion. You said my history was wrong and I showed you it wasn't.

Now it's your turn. <-- that is prompt #2

There's a WHOLE FREAKING LOT of OIL there! And natural resources that can't be found ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE PLANET! (the Amazon)

Do you care about illegal immigration? Then let's improve those nations so their people don't want to leave. Do you care about oil? Then let's secure the oil resources in our hemisphere and neutralize OPEC. Do you hate terrorism? Then let's make the middle east completely useless in the energy market by supporting our neighbors.

We should NOT be going on an ISIS adventure while the rest of the world continues to not give a damn about them. Have you all noticed how we're the only country expected to intervene, and yet there's an ENTIRE ocean keeping them from us??? Europe's not about to do anything about ISIS. Russia's not about to do anything about ISIS. China's not about to do anything about ISIS.

Why don't we control our hemisphere??? Why do we give a DAMN about lunatics on the other side of the planet???

Hmm?

I agree with much of this, though I doubt we agree on the solutions. First, we have sources of oil so we don't have to be dependent on enemies. Too bad Obama doesn't see it that way. You suggest drilling in the Amazon, but yet some refuse to do it here for environmental reasons. Amazon is no different than here in that regard. Shipping oil is more dangerous than using a pipeline, so the Dems need to reconsider that one.

As far as illegal immigration, we've already sent tons of jobs to Mexico and other countries. No president has pushed the other governments to do more for their own people and since we have an open border policy, it encourages them to do nothing and continue sending their people here. We fund the other governments in many ways, not the least of which are the billions in remittances from illegal aliens working in the states and sending the money to help other economies. The Mexican government actually relies on that money each year and aren't about to cooperate with any changes that would stop that.

We've become a door mat and it's killing us, but politicians put their own selfish needs ahead of the country. I think the communists love this policy because it will bring us down.

As far as terrorists, yes they will always resurface no matter how many times we squash them. The reason we do is because we don't want them to get so powerful that we can't fight them if the need arises. You're right that it should be a joint venture, but places like Great Britain have already bent over for Muslims and aren't about to do anything. The radicals have spread like a fucking cancer and it gets more difficult all the time to stop them.

The world has always looked to the U.S. to handle the big problems and now that we're not doing much, they sit there like helpless idiots and have no idea what to do. I've heard plenty of bitching about the problem and pleas for the U.S. to take action, but apparently no one else knows how to take the lead. Or maybe they just figure the good ole USA will step up to the plate like we always have in the past.

I would rather focus our resources on helping Americans, but it would mean stopping a lot of self-destructive polices we have. We can't cut ourselves off from the rest of the world. It would be nice to secure the borders, stop all the foreign aid and drill our own oil. That will never happen. I would rather leave the Muslims to fight each other, but ultimately they will all be one force controlled by radicals and too powerful to deal with.

It was the working people and immigrants who assimilated that made this country great. It's politicians pandering to anti-American illegals, radicals and crony capitalism that is tearing us down.

It's a prompt.

It was not a "prompt," and you did not demonstrate an understanding of history. Quite the contrary.

I agree with much of this, though I doubt we agree on the solutions. First, we have sources of oil so we don't have to be dependent on enemies. Too bad Obama doesn't see it that way. You suggest drilling in the Amazon, but yet some refuse to do it here for environmental reasons. Amazon is no different than here in that regard. Shipping oil is more dangerous than using a pipeline, so the Dems need to reconsider that one.
The Oil I'm talking about is not in the Amazon it's off the coasts. I agree with all efforts to preserve the Amazon and our U.S. parks. And global warming does not factor into my opinion at all. I'm for conservation not environmentalism.

As far as illegal immigration, we've already sent tons of jobs to Mexico and other countries. No president has pushed the other governments to do more for their own people and since we have an open border policy, it encourages them to do nothing and continue sending their people here. We fund the other governments in many ways, not the least of which are the billions in remittances from illegal aliens working in the states and sending the money to help other economies. The Mexican government actually relies on that money each year and aren't about to cooperate with any changes that would stop that.
I believe we should put more effort into stopping the cartels and influencing the governments in our hemisphere. Half the country is clamoring to invade the middle east on the other side of the planet and yet a bordering nation in the middle of a war with hundreds of thousands of deaths is being ignored. We just want to put up a wall.

We've become a door mat and it's killing us, but politicians put their own selfish needs ahead of the country. I think the communists love this policy because it will bring us down.
Not sure what you mean here. If you're saying that Democrats are communists whose goal is to bring the nation down then I completely disagree.

As far as terrorists, yes they will always resurface no matter how many times we squash them. The reason we do is because we don't want them to get so powerful that we can't fight them if the need arises. You're right that it should be a joint venture, but places like Great Britain have already bent over for Muslims and aren't about to do anything. The radicals have spread like a fucking cancer and it gets more difficult all the time to stop them.
Maybe. But there are powerful nations sitting on their asses, like China and Russia, focusing on their economies and waiting for the U.S. to do their dirty work so they can reap the profits of middle eastern oil. They should have more skin in the game.

And maybe we should consider that violent dictators are the only thing that can keep the animals at bay over there. Ousting them is maybe not the best priority from now on.

The world has always looked to the U.S. to handle the big problems and now that we're not doing much, they sit there like helpless idiots and have no idea what to do. I've heard plenty of bitching about the problem and pleas for the U.S. to take action, but apparently no one else knows how to take the lead. Or maybe they just figure the good ole USA will step up to the plate like we always have in the past.
I bet they do. Maybe a little dose of sink or swim is what they need.

I would rather focus our resources on helping Americans, but it would mean stopping a lot of self-destructive polices we have. We can't cut ourselves off from the rest of the world. It would be nice to secure the borders, stop all the foreign aid and drill our own oil. That will never happen. I would rather leave the Muslims to fight each other, but ultimately they will all be one force controlled by radicals and too powerful to deal with.
Perhaps. Though I wonder what would happen if we made their oil useless?

It was the working people and immigrants who assimilated that made this country great. It's politicians pandering to anti-American illegals, radicals and crony capitalism that is tearing us down.
True enough.

Reagan cared about communist takeovers in Central America and democrats tried to impeach him over an amendment inserted into the Military appropriations bill by radical left sing senator Boland.

Reagan cared about communist takeovers in Central America and democrats tried to impeach him over an amendment inserted into the Military appropriations bill by radical left sing senator Boland.

Reagan destroyed our relationship with South America.

It won him many votes. I'm sure yours was one of them. :cuckoo:[/QUO

Under Reagan's leadership the Soviet Union collapsed and the Berlin Wall came down. Did that destroy the left's illusions about South America?

Reagan destroyed our relationship with South America.

It won him many votes. I'm sure yours was one of them. :cuckoo:[/QUO

Under Reagan's leadership the Soviet Union collapsed and the Berlin Wall came down. Did that destroy the left's illusions about South America?

Edit your post please.

Forum List

Back