What if Trump breaks economic ties to China?

What if Trump breaks economic ties to China?

• Economic breakdown of the USA

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Financial breakdown of the USA

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Isolation of the USA in the world

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • War

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Nuclear war

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • US civil war

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
You seem to be arguing that China is much more successful than America.

Wrong.

If you understood economics, you'd understand otherwise.
Because Americans can't make stuff.
Instead, I'm paying taxes for their Medicaid and utilities.

Wrong.

Any other logical fallacies you'd like to trot out?
Elaborate on what's wrong?
I know that all legislation is loaded with earmarks to tax me to support the under and unemployed.
And I am fully confident that uneducated Americans can so the same jobs that uneducated Chinese can do.

The problem isn't finding Americans to do the job, the problem is having a place for those Americans to go to work at, because lots of jobs that we USED to do here in the USA have been shipped for cheaper labor overseas.

Even if you have the workers to build the stuff, they still need a factory to do it in. In order to get the jobs to come back here, you would have to convince the various corporations that it would be to their advantage to do so, even if it isn't.

By the way, did you know that the ONLY jobs Apple has for American workers is in sales?
The corporations that left America received tax incentives to do so.
WTF was up with that?!
We tariff the US corps that moved away...fuck 'em and fuck the investors that didn't care about Americans losing their jobs.
And no, I don't care if the investors lose everything they have because they don't care about anyone but themselves.

You know, China already considers Trump to be a paper tiger, so chances are they will simply ignore him. He's all bluster and no bite.

Wanna talk about his three carrier armada? How about him telling N. Korea that they would be met with force if there was a missile launched over any of our allies? He threatens a lot, but never does anything.

China is terrified that he will do anything to their revenue stream from unbalance trade.

If they are so terrified of Trump's threats, then why are they continuing to trade with N. Korea?

IMO, bureaucratic inertia and stupidity.

Big corps harassing little start up innovators via endless phoney patent infringement lawsuits by Intel and Microsoft,driving many overseas, mainly.
They sue each other no matter where they are.

Every electronic devise that you own has parts made in China, so the list is effectively everything. When Cook talks about the iPhone he is speaking of assembly in the US or China, there are still parts that are only made in China. To retool US factories would take years, long before then the US economy would be toast.

Kid you have no clue
Retooling would take years...what fantasy world are you living in?

Retooling has been going on for a decade. We have pulled a good third of consumer goods away from China. Mexico is a willing partner and offers plenty of cheap labor.

LOL name one quality electronic component made on Mexico

:lmao:

You must be a democrat...

{Mexico Electronics Manufacturing has grown rapidly over the past decade. Currently the second largest supplier of electronic products to the US market and the sixth largest electronics industry in the world, Mexico is currently home to a thriving electronics sector – one of its fastest growing industrial sectors regarding employment generation and export potential. According to some estimates, Mexico Electronics Manufacturing will increase by an annual average rate of 2.5% through 2020.}

Mexico Electronics Manufacturing

LOL so if the Mexican economy is so great why are they coming here to pick avocados when they could get a respectable job in Sunny Mejico

You are dense, aren't you?

Companies need incentives to build factories and hire workers?

Trump - Tax cuts and regulation removal.

Factories built.

Wrong.

If you understood economics, you'd understand otherwise.

Wrong.

I know that all legislation is loaded with earmarks to tax me to support the under and unemployed.
And I am fully confident that uneducated Americans can so the same jobs that uneducated Chinese can do.

The problem isn't finding Americans to do the job, the problem is having a place for those Americans to go to work at, because lots of jobs that we USED to do here in the USA have been shipped for cheaper labor overseas.

Even if you have the workers to build the stuff, they still need a factory to do it in. In order to get the jobs to come back here, you would have to convince the various corporations that it would be to their advantage to do so, even if it isn't.

By the way, did you know that the ONLY jobs Apple has for American workers is in sales?
WTF was up with that?!
We tariff the US corps that moved away...fuck 'em and fuck the investors that didn't care about Americans losing their jobs.
And no, I don't care if the investors lose everything they have because they don't care about anyone but themselves.

The companies that moved received tax incentives from our very own tax code. The inversions (or redomiciles) that took place were basically ways to conform with the IRC rules on taxation for "foreign held" entities. The spate of inversions that took place about a year or so ago were not driven by tax incentives from Dublin or Luxembourg primarily, it was more our very own tax code.

Factories built.

Yet 99% of all companies were built, people hired, and all before Trump.

Tax cuts and regulation removal is just corporate greed.

Carrier to lay off more than 600 workers after receiving $7 million tax break from Trump

Despite $7 million tax break from Trump, Carrier is still laying off more than 600 workers
More keeping America down. LOL! Your kind will say anything to hurt this country, but Trump is trying to stop it in spite of criminals like you. To hell with China. They need us more than we need them.

Wrong.

WTF was up with that?!

The companies that moved received tax incentives from our very own tax code. The inversions (or redomiciles) that took place were basically ways to conform with the IRC rules on taxation for "foreign held" entities. The spate of inversions that took place about a year or so ago were not driven by tax incentives from Dublin or Luxembourg primarily, it was more our very own tax code.
I was referring to the write offs for relocating during the GW years.

Breaking ties would shoot to hell my plans on importing a Chinese car line I'm sure would be desirable to all deplorables out there.

jieyang-trumpchi.jpg

The money we would need to BORROW to buy the equipment to retool the USA, currently comes from CHINA.

No it doesn't.

China buys our Treasuries.

It doesn't lend to our companies.

Companies borrow from the treasury, which borrows from China. I didn't think i'd have to teach economics 101.

Companies borrow from the treasury, which borrows from China.

Which companies are borrowing from the US Treasury?

I didn't think i'd have to teach economics 101.

Irony is ironic.

I bet you're a fan of the Wall Street Journal.

Why do you hate capitalism and freedom so much?

When did you realize that you are a communist?

The money we would need to BORROW to buy the equipment to retool the USA, currently comes from CHINA.

How many dollars will China have to lend if we stop importing their stuff?
Exactly. They stop buying our debt the yields will increase which will accelerate our debt. Put simply the auction will cause higher interest rates that we will pay for. Ugly.

Exactly. They stop buying our debt the yields will increase which will accelerate our debt.

Oh no! The 10 year Treasury will yield more than 2.16%? Scary!

Factories built.

they have had all kinds of tax cuts, and the Fed has been giving them essentially interest free money for decades; didn't do squat for the domestic economy, just made them greedier and speeded up the off-shoring, is all. That's why they keep going with the housing bubbles and trying to pass that off as a 'booming economy' over and over and over.

Last edited:
I bet you're a fan of the Wall Street Journal.

Why do you hate capitalism and freedom so much?

When did you realize that you are a communist?

How many dollars will China have to lend if we stop importing their stuff?
Exactly. They stop buying our debt the yields will increase which will accelerate our debt. Put simply the auction will cause higher interest rates that we will pay for. Ugly.

Exactly. They stop buying our debt the yields will increase which will accelerate our debt.

Oh no! The 10 year Treasury will yield more than 2.16%? Scary!

They buy our debt because their own banking system is ridiculously corrupt and useless, and nobody will buy theirs.

No it doesn't.

China buys our Treasuries.

It doesn't lend to our companies.

Companies borrow from the treasury, which borrows from China. I didn't think i'd have to teach economics 101.

Companies borrow from the treasury, which borrows from China.

Which companies are borrowing from the US Treasury?

I didn't think i'd have to teach economics 101.

Irony is ironic.

All we borrow from China is our own currency back; we don't buy Chinese currency.

Forum List

Back