What If We Actually Had Poor People In This Country?

So now we have people claiming that there are no poor people in America.

The same people who claim that racism no longer exists, and that people have no trouble getting quality health care.

Incredible.

"You can do as well working one week a month at minimum wage as you can working $60,000-a-year, full-time, high-stress job.

THAT'S A CROCK. Just one more ignorant claim from you. And it totally mischaracterizes welfare for many. Just because some abuse the system, you project your bias and hatred on them all. Basically PC, you are just one dried up, misery fart devoid of all compassion for others less fortunate than you. I bet you take flies from spiders. Your tune would rapidly change if you ever fell into their shoes!

Now you'd have us believe that a person working one week a month on minimum wage could afford to make home improvements, buy a boat, take nice trips, and buy other luxuries! You've totally disqualified yourself as an ape-shit rightwinger not deserving of ever being taken seriously again.

She was speaking of poverty. And you complain they can’t “make home improvements, buy a boat, take a nice trip”.
I think her point is now proven.

WHAT point is now proven? The claim is that you can live like $60,000 a year working one week a month at minimum wage. Prove it. With that kind of income, I can afford to make home improvements, buy a boat or other expensive hobby, take nice trips and vacations and live very well.

HERE'S WHAT THE US GOVERNMENT SAYS ABOUT POVERTY:

View attachment 237192

Those are the OFFICIAL NUMBERS. What part of that don't you get? That poverty in America still ain't as bad as Venezuela or Ethiopia? Do you WANT it to be? HOW FAR is far enough towards either of those countries to qualify as poverty for fellow Americans when the average upper middle class person in America lives as shown below? Half way? Is that poor enough for you to feel they are poor and maybe need some help?

View attachment 237197
View attachment 237196

As it is, millions of people in America already live like this, worse off or close to it (this is a ghetto in Chicago):

View attachment 237199

There is something VERY WRONG with the country when there is so disparaging an opportunity to earn and live in America, for while not everyone is smart, not everyone can afford a good US education (at many times the cost of Europe), NO ONE wants to live poor, hungry and in a slum.

"WHAT point is now proven? The claim is that you can live like $60,000 a year working one week a month at minimum wage. Prove it. "

Proven here:

http://granitegrok.com/wp-content/u..._With-welfare-it-makes-sense-to-work-less.pdf

"The calculation yields an "economic benefit" of $37,777 a year for the family making minimum wage but only $34,366 for the family making $60,000 a year. The analysis also indicates that a family provider working only one week per month at minimum wage will make 92 percent as much as the provider earning $60,000 a year as a result of savings on child care and Medicaid's low deductibles and copays."
Is America's Entitlement System Ripping Off the Middle Class? - The Atlantic

Click it and learn your lesson, dope.

How many have no home, no heat, no food, and are not either mentally ill, or 'eccentric' and wish to live that way?

And the jackass just keeps piling it on with her own made up definition with more and more conditions she knows no one can ever meet. There are always soup kitchens or something in every city so if you stay close to one, you'll at least get THAT, so . . . . WHAMO, PC rules NO POVERTY IN AMERICA.

You see any homes or heat (or food) in the pictures below, ass clown? These people look like they're getting three square meals a day, Kumquat? Or even one?

homelessness122514.jpg
la-ed-homeless-count-20170128.jpg
Homeless_man,_Tokyo,_2008.jpg

"You can do as well working one week a month at minimum wage as you can working $60,000-a-year, full-time, high-stress job.

THAT'S A CROCK. Just one more ignorant claim from you. And it totally mischaracterizes welfare for many. Just because some abuse the system, you project your bias and hatred on them all. Basically PC, you are just one dried up, misery fart devoid of all compassion for others less fortunate than you. I bet you take flies from spiders. Your tune would rapidly change if you ever fell into their shoes!

Now you'd have us believe that a person working one week a month on minimum wage could afford to make home improvements, buy a boat, take nice trips, and buy other luxuries! You've totally disqualified yourself as an ape-shit rightwinger not deserving of ever being taken seriously again.

She was speaking of poverty. And you complain they can’t “make home improvements, buy a boat, take a nice trip”.
I think her point is now proven.

WHAT point is now proven? The claim is that you can live like $60,000 a year working one week a month at minimum wage. Prove it. With that kind of income, I can afford to make home improvements, buy a boat or other expensive hobby, take nice trips and vacations and live very well.

HERE'S WHAT THE US GOVERNMENT SAYS ABOUT POVERTY:

View attachment 237192

Those are the OFFICIAL NUMBERS. What part of that don't you get? That poverty in America still ain't as bad as Venezuela or Ethiopia? Do you WANT it to be? HOW FAR is far enough towards either of those countries to qualify as poverty for fellow Americans when the average upper middle class person in America lives as shown below? Half way? Is that poor enough for you to feel they are poor and maybe need some help?

View attachment 237197
View attachment 237196

As it is, millions of people in America already live like this, worse off or close to it (this is a ghetto in Chicago):

View attachment 237199

There is something VERY WRONG with the country when there is so disparaging an opportunity to earn and live in America, for while not everyone is smart, not everyone can afford a good US education (at many times the cost of Europe), NO ONE wants to live poor, hungry and in a slum.

"There is something VERY WRONG with the country when there is so disparaging (????) an opportunity to earn and live in America"

There certainly is something wrong with your lack of education.....

Here is some of the education you've missed:

"The Left’s concept of materialism broadens into the overarching desire to see every individual materially equal. The Left is less interested in creating wealth than in distributing it, and has been far more interested in fighting material inequality than tyranny, which is why Lenin, Mao, Pol Pot, Ho Chi Minh, Castro, etc., tend to have the support of Leftists around the world."
Prager

Hah, I knew you weren't American. What country are you in where there's no poverty?

She's a New Yorker, dumbass.

Was she born and raised in NY?

I'm just a little ol' southern gal....born in South Korea.....yet, more American than you are.

When Peter Schramm’s family fled Hungary, he writes:

“But where are we going?” I asked

“We are going to America,” my father said.

“Why America?” I prodded

“Because, son…we were born Americans, but in the wrong place,” he replied. American by Choice

I so appreciate how you Liberals choose me as the issue when you can't put a dent in my posts....I admit that I'm my fav subject......so keep it up.

You're just a partisan asshole with an opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. Your constant uneducated barking doesn't make you correct.

Clean up your language, and address me properly....and I'll destroy your argument.

Eat shit and die, winger. Your opinions are always a waste of time.

How many have no home, no heat, no food, and are not either mentally ill, or 'eccentric' and wish to live that way?

And the jackass just keeps piling it on with her own made up definition with more and more conditions she knows no one can ever meet. There are always soup kitchens or something in every city so if you stay close to one, you'll at least get THAT, so . . . . WHAMO, PC rules NO POVERTY IN AMERICA.

You see any homes or heat (or food) in the pictures below, ass clown? These people look like they're getting three square meals a day, Kumquat? Or even one?

View attachment 237202 View attachment 237203 View attachment 237204

Mine is the real definition of poverty, not how many rooms in your house, or how new your car is, dunce.

Poverty is no home, no heat, no food.

But, according to the Liberal mentality, poverty is having a smaller flat screen TV than you have, or one bedroom less in their home…..maybe not as shiny hubcaps on their cars.

Check this out:

The following are facts about persons defined as "poor" by the Census Bureau, taken from various government reports:

• Forty-three percent of all poor households actually own their own homes. The average home owned by persons classified as poor by the Census Bureau is a three-bedroom house with one-and-a-half baths, a garage, and a porch or patio.
  • Eighty percent of poor households have air conditioning. By contrast, in 1970, only 36 percent of the entire U.S. population enjoyed air conditioning.
  • Only 6 percent of poor households are overcrowded. More than two-thirds have more than two rooms per person.
  • The average poor American has more living space than the average individual living in Paris, London, Vienna, Athens, and other cities throughout Europe. (These comparisons are to the average citizens in foreign countries, not to those classified as poor.)
  • Nearly three-quarters of poor households own a car; 31 percent own two or more cars.
  • Ninety-seven percent of poor households have a color television; over half own two or more color televisions.
  • Seventy-eight percent have a VCR or DVD player; 62 percent have cable or satellite TV reception.
  • Eighty-nine percent own microwave ovens, more than half have a stereo, and more than a third have an automatic dishwasher.
As a group, America's poor are far from being chronically undernourished. The average consumption of protein, vitamins, and minerals is virtually the same for poor and middle-class children and, in most cases, is well above recommended norms. Poor children actually consume more meat than do higher-income children and have average protein intakes 100 percent above recommended levels. Most poor children today are, in fact, supernourished and grow up to be, on average, one inch taller and 10 pounds heavier than the GIs who stormed the beaches of Normandy in World War II. How Poor Are America's Poor? Examining the "Plague" of Poverty in America

Sooo….Democrat voter…..feel like a sucker?

The same people who claim that racism no longer exists, and that people have no trouble getting quality health care.

Incredible.

Those people are dumb. We shouldn't suffer fools.

Incredible.

That's correct: no poverty and no racism.

Once the two are correctly defined, any rational individual will see that they live only in propaganda designed to keep Democrats in office.

Incredible.

Much better....you almost sound like an adult.

Here are facts you can't dispute:

But, according to the Liberal mentality, poverty is having a smaller flat screen TV than you have, or one bedroom less in their home…..maybe not as shiny hubcaps on their cars.

Check this out:

The following are facts about persons defined as "poor" by the Census Bureau, taken from various government reports:

• Forty-three percent of all poor households actually own their own homes. The average home owned by persons classified as poor by the Census Bureau is a three-bedroom house with one-and-a-half baths, a garage, and a porch or patio.
  • Eighty percent of poor households have air conditioning. By contrast, in 1970, only 36 percent of the entire U.S. population enjoyed air conditioning.
  • Only 6 percent of poor households are overcrowded. More than two-thirds have more than two rooms per person.
  • The average poor American has more living space than the average individual living in Paris, London, Vienna, Athens, and other cities throughout Europe. (These comparisons are to the average citizens in foreign countries, not to those classified as poor.)
  • Nearly three-quarters of poor households own a car; 31 percent own two or more cars.
  • Ninety-seven percent of poor households have a color television; over half own two or more color televisions.
  • Seventy-eight percent have a VCR or DVD player; 62 percent have cable or satellite TV reception.
  • Eighty-nine percent own microwave ovens, more than half have a stereo, and more than a third have an automatic dishwasher.
As a group, America's poor are far from being chronically undernourished. The average consumption of protein, vitamins, and minerals is virtually the same for poor and middle-class children and, in most cases, is well above recommended norms. Poor children actually consume more meat than do higher-income children and have average protein intakes 100 percent above recommended levels. Most poor children today are, in fact, supernourished and grow up to be, on average, one inch taller and 10 pounds heavier than the GIs who stormed the beaches of Normandy in World War II. How Poor Are America's Poor? Examining the "Plague" of Poverty in America

Incredible.
This is what happens when people are afflicted with a hardcore ideology.

They can talk themselves into pretty much anything.

She's a New Yorker, dumbass.

I'm just a little ol' southern gal....born in South Korea.....yet, more American than you are.

“Why America?” I prodded

“Because, son…we were born Americans, but in the wrong place,” he replied. American by Choice

I so appreciate how you Liberals choose me as the issue when you can't put a dent in my posts....I admit that I'm my fav subject......so keep it up.

You're just a partisan asshole with an opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. Your constant uneducated barking doesn't make you correct.

Clean up your language, and address me properly....and I'll destroy your argument.

Is that the sort of debate you were taught in your family, or in government school????

Mine is the real definition of poverty,

Asshole egomaniac thinks YOU get to define what poverty is.

Here's the definition I just took off of Bing:

Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 11.21.33 AM.png

Only a freaking idiot like you would dare claim there are no extremely poor in this country, living in an inferior substandard life insufficient in meeting their needs. That is poverty. I close the case on YOU. I won't even waste my time reading your useless threads anymore. Can't remember when the last time was you even had a decent one.

Not only is it a fact....In your face, you dunce!

You're in no ones face, idiot. You lost long ago and you talk like an idiot leftwinger. You're the kind of person that give conservatives a bad name.

Yet you've been unable to find a single error in any of my posts.

Liberals, in my experience, are fearful folks who need the bodyguard of big government because they are vulnerable, battered emotional hypochondriacs....they need to insure themselves against every societal misadventure that could occur. They call that 'empathy,' but it's actually neurosis. They have some sort of metaphorical bullet lodged near their heart, just waiting for a slight move which will end it all! Thus, the overwhelming feeling of incipient failure, and apprehension. And, recognizing their own weakness, they lash out at those willing to depend on themselves.

Sounds like you're looking in a mirror, huh?

Incredible.
This is what happens when people are afflicted with a hardcore ideology.

They can talk themselves into pretty much anything.

You can run, but you can't hide.
So saith the Brown Bomber

View attachment 237207

Only a freaking idiot like you would dare claim there are no extremely poor in this country, living in an inferior substandard life insufficient in meeting their needs. That is poverty. I close the case on YOU. I won't even waste my time reading your useless threads anymore. Can't remember when the last time was you even had a decent one.

So we agree that you are unable to dispute these facts.

Check this out:

View attachment 237207

So we agree that you are unable to dispute these facts.

Check this out:

These aren't facts. You make up definitions of things with your ignorant opinions and call them facts. A sure sign of a deluded partisan wingnut.

“Why America?” I prodded

Is that the sort of debate you were taught in your family, or in government school????

Wingers don't debate. They chirp. They're not worthy of consideration. Anything else, winger?

So you're a butt-hurt beaner looking to take back the southwest of the US by sheer numbers. Go ahead, you can have it, it already stinks like wetback halitosis.
you need a superior argument to make me feel bad.

it must be the "Austrian influence".
I don't care how you feel, we're still keeping the rest of your family out. :highfive:
not all of them want to come here.
Why don't you all fix up your own country? I'm sure we would give foreign aid for that. I'd be for it.
I am. Why don't you fix up yours.
Like all your relatives down south. Why don't they fix up their own countries? You fuck up your own country then want to come here and fuck up ours.

you need a superior argument to make me feel bad.

it must be the "Austrian influence".
I don't care how you feel, we're still keeping the rest of your family out. :highfive:
not all of them want to come here.
Why don't you all fix up your own country? I'm sure we would give foreign aid for that. I'd be for it.
I am. Why don't you fix up yours.
Like all your relatives down south. Why don't they fix up their own countries? You fuck up your own country then want to come here and fuck up ours.
maybe they are. your problem is lousy right wing management is doing the Bad and not the Good.

Forum List

Back