What If We Actually Had Poor People In This Country?

So how did the caravan go? What are you noobs going to do now?
Upgrading Ellis Island is more cost effective and humane.
too bad, you're all not getting in. Now go away, you're stinking up the border.
why should i take you seriously? you have no morals.
Because I want to keep the rest of your family out? Go fuck up your own country some more.
yet, You are the one with no morals; we should keep the rest of Your family out.
So you admit that you're a fucking beaner looking for a free ride from the US for your family. You should go back and fix your own country first.

You can be sorry all you like, but the welfare system is a scam. There is no real poverty in this nation.

I can see why the left hate many on the right. You're an idiot. You don't need to be starving to be in poverty. You don't need to be starving even to just be hungry! You can eat and still be hungry. Try living for a month on American cheese and white bread. I bet you're real hungry. Then you start getting sick from malnutrition. Then comes the hopelessness and depression.

Why don't you go volunteer at a soup kitchen in the city, talk to the other volunteers and wise up. Your definition of a person in poverty is a person a few days from death.
Point being the government classifies people as below the poverty line if they make less than 20k a year.

Many eat and live better than the people that pay their way and can’t qualify for welfare.

YEP. Many do (buoyed by government programs). That also means that MANY DO NOT. A lot of people are in real bad shape and really hurting but fall through the huge cracks of not qualifying for any of the help they need to pull themselves up.

BIG GOVERNMENT: the great creator of poverty.

End result: some people get far more help than they deserve. The welfare abusers. While others get far less (while needing it).

Capitalism and free markets have lifted so many people to such a high standard of living that, as politicalchic says, just having one iPhone is now considered poverty.

Want to see poverty? Look to Marxism. You Democrats can be happy...the Venezuelan government has hiked the minimum wage about once per month for years. Wow. Everyone should be rich in Venezuela now!

Venezuela raises minimum wage again

Even the unions are demanding minimum wage hikes stop. They have finally seen how corrosive it is.

'We all earn the same': Venezuela minimum wage hike angers skilled workers | Reuters

Vote Democrat and see what a panacea minimum wage hikes are!

FBC2375B-C933-4B6D-AB31-2F94F0CD7698.jpeg

"You can do as well working one week a month at minimum wage as you can working $60,000-a-year, full-time, high-stress job.

THAT'S A CROCK. Just one more ignorant claim from you. And it totally mischaracterizes welfare for many. Just because some abuse the system, you project your bias and hatred on them all. Basically PC, you are just one dried up, misery fart devoid of all compassion for others less fortunate than you. I bet you take flies from spiders. Your tune would rapidly change if you ever fell into their shoes!

Now you'd have us believe that a person working one week a month on minimum wage could afford to make home improvements, buy a boat, take nice trips, and buy other luxuries! You've totally disqualified yourself as an ape-shit rightwinger not deserving of ever being taken seriously again.

She was speaking of poverty. And you complain they can’t “make home improvements, buy a boat, take a nice trip”.
I think her point is now proven.

Upgrading Ellis Island is more cost effective and humane.
Because I want to keep the rest of your family out? Go fuck up your own country some more.
yet, You are the one with no morals; we should keep the rest of Your family out.
So you admit that you're a fucking beaner looking for a free ride from the US for your family. You should go back and fix your own country first.
i admit i am more Native than You.

You can be sorry all you like, but the welfare system is a scam. There is no real poverty in this nation.

I can see why the left hate many on the right. You're an idiot. You don't need to be starving to be in poverty. You don't need to be starving even to just be hungry! You can eat and still be hungry. Try living for a month on American cheese and white bread. I bet you're real hungry. Then you start getting sick from malnutrition. Then comes the hopelessness and depression.

Why don't you go volunteer at a soup kitchen in the city, talk to the other volunteers and wise up. Your definition of a person in poverty is a person a few days from death.
Point being the government classifies people as below the poverty line if they make less than 20k a year.

Many eat and live better than the people that pay their way and can’t qualify for welfare.

YEP. Many do (buoyed by government programs). That also means that MANY DO NOT. A lot of people are in real bad shape and really hurting but fall through the huge cracks of not qualifying for any of the help they need to pull themselves up.

End result: some people get far more help than they deserve. The welfare abusers. While others get far less (while needing it).

Capitalism and free markets have lifted so many people to such a high standard of living that, as politicalchic says, just having one iPhone is now considered poverty.

Want to see poverty? Look to Marxism. You Democrats can be happy...the Venezuelan government has hiked the minimum wage about once per month for years. Wow. Everyone should be rich in Venezuela now!

Even the unions are demanding minimum wage hikes stop. They have finally seen how corrosive it is.

'We all earn the same': Venezuela minimum wage hike angers skilled workers | Reuters

View attachment 237185
Venezuela is a federal republic. Thank Goodness FDR was a left winger.

The government provides millions to help the homeless. These figures are from the governments own website. Old figures but still outreach programs. And the government seeks aid from the community religious charities the liberals so hate.

Table 1. HHS Programs Relevant to Persons Experiencing Homelessness

Targeted Homeless Programs
Total Program Budget

FY 2006 (millions)

Grants for the Benefit of Homeless Individuals (Treatment for Homeless)

$ 44.0

Health Care for the Homeless

Projects for Assistance in Transition from Homelessness (PATH)

Programs for Runaway and Homeless Youth

Title V/Surplus Property*
--------

Mainstream Programs

Total Program Budget FY 2006 (millions)

Access to Recovery

Child Support Enforcement Program

Community Mental Health Services Block Grant

Community Services Block Grant

Community Health Centers

Family Violence Prevention and Services Grant Program

Head Start

Maternal and Child Health Services Block Grant

Medicaid

Ryan White CARE Act

Social Services Block Grant 1,700.0
State Children’s Health Insurance Program

Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block Grant

Temporary Assistance for Needy Families 17,059.0

So you're a butt-hurt beaner looking to take back the southwest of the US by sheer numbers. Go ahead, you can have it, it already stinks like wetback halitosis.

View attachment 237185

Yeah and East Germany was a “Democratic German Republic” while The Soviet Union was a “free union of Soviet republics”.
Venezuela is a totalitarian dictatorship.

So you're a butt-hurt beaner looking to take back the southwest of the US by sheer numbers. Go ahead, you can have it, it already stinks like wetback halitosis.
you need a superior argument to make me feel bad.

it must be the "Austrian influence".

View attachment 237185

Yeah and East Germany was a “Democratic German Republic” while The Soviet Union was a “free union of Soviet republics”.
Venezuela is a totalitarian dictatorship.
lousy right wing management. Thank Goodness, FDR was a Left Winger.

I don't care how you feel, we're still keeping the rest of your family out. :highfive:

I don't care how you feel, we're still keeping the rest of your family out. :highfive:
not all of them want to come here.

Why don't you all fix up your own country? I'm sure we would give foreign aid for that. I'd be for it.

Why don't you all fix up your own country? I'm sure we would give foreign aid for that. I'd be for it.
I am. Why don't you fix up yours.

"You can do as well working one week a month at minimum wage as you can working $60,000-a-year, full-time, high-stress job.

THAT'S A CROCK. Just one more ignorant claim from you. And it totally mischaracterizes welfare for many. Just because some abuse the system, you project your bias and hatred on them all. Basically PC, you are just one dried up, misery fart devoid of all compassion for others less fortunate than you. I bet you take flies from spiders. Your tune would rapidly change if you ever fell into their shoes!

Now you'd have us believe that a person working one week a month on minimum wage could afford to make home improvements, buy a boat, take nice trips, and buy other luxuries! You've totally disqualified yourself as an ape-shit rightwinger not deserving of ever being taken seriously again.

She was speaking of poverty. And you complain they can’t “make home improvements, buy a boat, take a nice trip”.
I think her point is now proven.

WHAT point is now proven? The claim is that you can live like $60,000 a year working one week a month at minimum wage. Prove it. With that kind of income, I can afford to make home improvements, buy a boat or other expensive hobby, take nice trips and vacations and live very well.

HERE'S WHAT THE US GOVERNMENT SAYS ABOUT POVERTY:

Screen Shot 2018-12-27 at 9.14.39 AM.png

Those are the OFFICIAL NUMBERS. What part of that don't you get? That poverty in America still ain't as bad as Venezuela or Ethiopia? Do you WANT it to be? HOW FAR is far enough towards either of those countries to qualify as poverty for fellow Americans when the average upper middle class person in America lives as shown below? Half way? Is that poor enough for you to feel they are poor and maybe need some help?

Amazing_i_04.jpg

0214-AD-MARM-02_wm.jpg

As it is, millions of people in America already live like this, worse off or close to it (this is a ghetto in Chicago):

2596350612_1.jpg

There is something VERY WRONG with the country when there is so disparaging an opportunity to earn and live in America, for while not everyone is smart, not everyone can afford a good US education (at many times the cost of Europe), NO ONE wants to live poor, hungry and in a slum.

WITH WELFARE IT MAKES SENSE TO WORK LESS,”

The chart is quite revealing. A one-parent family of three making $14,500 a year (minimum wage) has more disposable income than a family making $60,000 a year. If the family provider works only one week a month at minimum wage, he or she makes 92 percent as much as a provider grossing $60,000 a year."
http://granitegrok.com/wp-content/u..._With-welfare-it-makes-sense-to-work-less.pdf

From Emmerich:

You can do as well working one week a month at minimum wage as you can working $60,000-a-year, full-time, high-stress job.

My chart tells the story. It is pretty much self-explanatory.

Those on welfare, at least, have a reason to vote Democrat.....earners who vote Democrat are simply suckers.

I love how you idiots twist yourself into pretzels trying to prove how “generous” your welfare system is, and yet we don’t ever see anyone getting $60 grand a year from welfare, do we?

Your article is from some blogger 6 years ago. Why isn’t every poor person in America doing this? Because it’s bullshit.

Everything your posting is links to discredited bullshit or articles years old. Mondale ran against Reagan.

The bald fact is that Republicans keep poor people, and that includes the working poor, dependent on handouts, so Republucan bosses don’t have to pay a living wage.

This is a Republican scam to subsidize wages to your largest corporations.

Democrat voters….be prepared to be shocked: there is neither racism nor poverty in this country!
Yup…you’ve been double-lied to….and you bought it like it was on sale.

The thread will concentrate on the latter lie.

There's no poverty, you have no need to either prepare to step over dead bodies due to starvation.....nor to ever vote Democrat again.

1. There is no poverty, no need for you to fork over a third or more of your income to the bosses.
Not the sham perpetuated by the Left to manipulate the soft-hearted/soft-headed to vote Democrat. I mean actual poverty.

Here’s the real definition, not one that is based on some folks having a slightly smaller house than you, or only a 50inch TV….

No Home, No Heat, No Food…..real poverty. If there is such a category in America, it is no more than a rounding error.

The single, solitary aim of the Liberal tax-and-give-away program is to accrue votes.

It's as though the voters they keep in line via the public fisc were a union, entitled to yearly raises.

" A lot of people are in real bad shape ...."

Let's stick to reality.

How many have no home, no heat, no food, and are not either mentally ill, or 'eccentric' and wish to live that way?

40 million, as the scam goes.....????

Of course not.

There is no real poverty in this country.

Hah, I knew you weren't American. What country are you in where there's no poverty?

She's a New Yorker, dumbass.

Was she born and raised in NY?

I'm just a little ol' southern gal....born in South Korea.....yet, more American than you are.

When Peter Schramm’s family fled Hungary, he writes:

“But where are we going?” I asked

“We are going to America,” my father said.

“Why America?” I prodded

“Because, son…we were born Americans, but in the wrong place,” he replied. American by Choice

I so appreciate how you Liberals choose me as the issue when you can't put a dent in my posts....I admit that I'm my fav subject......so keep it up.

You're just a partisan asshole with an opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. Your constant uneducated barking doesn't make you correct.

Not only is it a fact....you can check the statistics here:
http://granitegrok.com/wp-content/u..._With-welfare-it-makes-sense-to-work-less.pdf

...but Liberals make it near impossible to get off the welfare plantation:

1. our Liberal friends have made certain that their ‘client base’ cannot escape! There is no way out of the ‘Poverty Trap’- those who try to work to find their way out of the trap will find that, as income rises, the loss of their welfare benefits is the same as a huge tax on their earnings!
    1. Take the example of someone receiving $12,000 in welfare benefits. She takes a new job earning $16,000 a year. But if she loses 50 cents in benefits for every dollar she now earns, that is the equivalent of a 50% tax! Plus, the payroll tax is another 7.65%, and federal tax is another 10% on the margin, plus state tax of 5%.... total: 72.65% tax. Where is the incentive to work? Comes to a salary of $84.15/ week. Now subtract transportation, lunches, etc., etc.
b. “…but the central point is obvious. Marginal tax rates for inner-city inhabitants are prohibitively high. Over the entire wage range from zero to $1,600 per month (equivalent to a gross paycheck of $1,463 per month), the family's monthly spendable income rises by $69. This corresponds to an average tax "wedge" of 95.7 percent. More shocking, between zero and $1,200 per month in gross wages, the family loses $46 in monthly spendable income -- an average tax in excess of 100 percent. This loss in net spendable income is concentrated between gross wages of $700 and $1,200 per month. As monthly wages paid rise by $500 in this span, the family loses its entitlement to $385 in AFDC benefits and $9 in food stamps. In addition the housing subsidy is reduced by $23 and the value of medical benefits declines an estimated $130. At the same time the family's tax liabilities increase by a total of $161 -- $8 in state income and disability insurance taxes, $68 in payroll taxes, and $85 in federal income tax. (Details of these calculations are given in the appendix.)” http://www.cato.org/pubs/pas/pa041.html

2. Reagan discussed welfare from th same perspective: bureaucrats kept recipients “so economically trapped that there’s no way they can get away. And they’re trapped because the bureaucracy needs them as clientele to preserve the jobs of the bureaucrats themselves.”

In your face, you dunce!

Hah, I knew you weren't American. What country are you in where there's no poverty?

She's a New Yorker, dumbass.

Was she born and raised in NY?

I'm just a little ol' southern gal....born in South Korea.....yet, more American than you are.

When Peter Schramm’s family fled Hungary, he writes:

“But where are we going?” I asked

“We are going to America,” my father said.

“Why America?” I prodded

“Because, son…we were born Americans, but in the wrong place,” he replied. American by Choice

I so appreciate how you Liberals choose me as the issue when you can't put a dent in my posts....I admit that I'm my fav subject......so keep it up.

You're just a partisan asshole with an opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. Your constant uneducated barking doesn't make you correct.

Clean up your language, and address me properly....and I'll destroy your argument.

Forum List

Back