What is a "Progressive"?

We became the world's Number 1 economy and a Super Power without any government subsidies. Since the "Progressives" started the "War on Poverty" all we have is more poverty and more debt and a dollar that worth 10 cents

That Super Power had NOTHING to do with either World Wars?

No, honey. It was American Industry, not Food Stamps, that won the wars.

Your reply is empty; what do food stamps have to do with industries preparing for two World Wars and then Korporate AmeriKa having to pay back the low wage jerks that saved their wealth?

That Super Power had NOTHING to do with either World Wars?

Your reply is empty; what do food stamps have to do with industries preparing for two World Wars and then Korporate AmeriKa having to pay back the low wage jerks that saved their wealth?

Isoroku Yamamoto's dread was of the power of US industry and not failed Progressive redistribution schemes

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with an urge to create more useless non-productive 'make work' programs"

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Isoroku Yamamoto's dread was of the power of US industry and not failed Progressive redistribution schemes

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with an urge to create more useless non-productive 'make work' programs"

Iso studied the determination and accomplishments of a nation united during WWI?
Get it, a nation UNITED.
Not some pale copy of the Roman Empire.

Iso studied the determination and accomplishments of a nation united during WWI?
Get it, a nation UNITED.
Not some pale copy of the Roman Empire.

He was afraid of the American people and what we had accomplished. Seriously, you thought it was our government that was the root of what he was afraid of? LOL.

Classic example of Progressive Government Policies at work achieving the goal that Conservatives wanted.

Study: Abortion rate at lowest point since 1973 - The Washington Post

w-Abortion-02.jpg

The introduction of contraception via the ACA has effectively reduced abortions to their lowest levels since RvW.

While conservatives will claim that it was their own government enforced anti-abortion laws this is a fallacy because if it were true there would have been a corresponding increase in birth rates. However the CDC data shows a corresponding DECREASE in birth rates.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr62/nvsr62_01.pdf#table01

The 2011 general fertility rate was the lowest ever reported for
the United States
, at 63.2 births per 1,000 women aged 15–44,
a 1% decline from 2010. The total fertility rate declined 2%, to
1,894.5 births per 1,000 women in 2011.

So that is indisputable evidence that Progressive government policies work.

Fewer abortions, lower healthcare costs, progressives achieve a conservative goal without harming women's Constitutional rights.

The math doesn't lie!

[MENTION=46168]Statistikhengst[/MENTION] [MENTION=31258]BDBoop[/MENTION] [MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION]

Uhhh.. considering the ACA just went into effect, your conclusion is pure shit

And there was NOTHING preventing people from gong out and buying contraceptives (which are not expensive) all along

'Math' may not lie, but you and your ilk sure do.. just like the government does

Contraceptive provision of the ACA went into effect almost immediately after the bill was signed into law.

They're much worse off now. They used to be self sufficient and now they are slaves to the government

Why does CrusaderFrank lie? Does he really believe his whiny rants will convince anyone that history according to him is credible to any but the most ignorant? Or is his need for attention his greatest motivation?

Of course the possibility he is one of the "most ignorant" needs to be ruled out, and he is simply a parrot for the Minister of Truth, PoliticalChic.

We became the world's Number 1 economy and a Super Power without any government subsidies. Since the "Progressives" started the "War on Poverty" all we have is more poverty and more debt and a dollar that worth 10 cents

Facts not in evidence!

It wasn't the private sector that was funding the Military-Industrial-Complex!

So, by your thinking, the founding fathers didn't believe in individual freedom despite the fact that the documents they wrote guaranteed our freedoms?

Are you crazy?

They may not have been conservatives with sticks up their butts, but they were not Anti-American Progressives

The original Constitution did not guarantee any freedoms. In fact it endorsed slavery. The BoR was a post facto AMENDMENT to the original Constitution largely inspired by the progressive Madison.

Madison and the other founding fathers who gave us the BoR, within 15 years of declaring independence were not progressives for several reasons first and foremost being that they actually valued individual freedoms. Something that a modern day progressive would spit on them for.

Ironic given that it is conservatives that are intent upon depriving women of their right to privacy.

The original Constitution did not guarantee any freedoms. In fact it endorsed slavery. The BoR was a post facto AMENDMENT to the original Constitution largely inspired by the progressive Madison.

Madison and the other founding fathers who gave us the BoR, within 15 years of declaring independence were not progressives for several reasons first and foremost being that they actually valued individual freedoms. Something that a modern day progressive would spit on them for.

Remember a "progressive" is an individual who wants to use governmental power to manipulate the market place and wants to mold society into whatever the elite believes is ideal.

Thomas Jefferson, James Madison , Patrick Henry , et al, were individualists. No power was ever granted to the federal government to either intervene in the economy or to conduct social engineering.

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people"

Ninth Amendment

Article I, Section 8 says otherwise!

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defense and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

To establish Post Offices and post Roads;

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

Remember a "progressive" is an individual who wants to use governmental power to manipulate the market place and wants to mold society into whatever the elite believes is ideal.

Thomas Jefferson, James Madison , Patrick Henry , et al, were individualists. No power was ever granted to the federal government to either intervene in the economy or to conduct social engineering.

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people"

Ninth Amendment

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defense and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

Repeating

Ninth Amendment

Ninth Amendment

Repeating

Ninth Amendment

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Repeating

Ninth Amendment[/SIZE][/B]

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Yo bro'

None of the crap that you posted authorize the scumbags to manipulate the economy or enforce elitism.

Check and see what "to regulate" meant in 1787 - don't give me any fascistic, progressive, Orwellian or elite definitions.

Is that a fact? I (once again) ask you liberal pukes to read or re-read the "Grapes Of Wrath" John Steinbeck.

Nearly 50 years after Steinbeck wrote his novel, LBJ introduced the "Great Society" to rid the United States of "poverty"
There are just as many "poor" people in this country now, as there were when LBJ started this nonsense - some 50 years ago. And there are just as many now as there was 100 years ago and 150 years ago. Get the idea of how the cycle works yet skippy?

Social Security is not an ENTITLEMENT. It is a contract between the workers of the United States and the Federal Government. I receive Social Security. Taxes were taken from my 50 years of working (against my will) to pay for my "social Security" in my "old age". Only they (the taxes) weren't for "me". Oh no. They were for those that came before me. Now, I have to depend on people working 15-20 hours a week to pay MY Social Security. What a deal.

The United States government entered into a contract with me - one that I never agreed to - and now, every month, they meet their end of the contractual obligation just as I did when I unwillingly allowed them to take taxes from me.

And supposedly YOU are paying for my retirement. Pretty good shell game, isn't it. Typical liberal tactic. You see, GOVERNMENT NEVER "SOLVES" ANYTHING, ESPECIALLY SUFFERING - IT MERELY PROLONGS IT FROM ONE GENERATION TO THE NEXT.
Do you think that conditions for the Joad family are the same as the conditions for poor Oklahoma families in 2014? Is there clean reliable sources of drinking water today? Is there electricity flowing into the poorest homes today? Can poor families depend on a meal each day today? Are their children being educated, clothed, fed? LBJ never said "rid the country of poverty". He said he would wage war on poverty. Even after a war is fought, the enemy remains.

And if you're so dissatisfied with your Social Security benefits, why don't you write to the Social Security office and refuse next month's check? I wager more people are thankful for the stipend than resentful of it.

They're much worse off now. They used to be self sufficient and now they are slaves to the government
Plulezze. For the sake of your narrow po0litical ideology, you would introduce third world conditions in America. What a warped way to read 'government of the people, for the people and by the people'.

Do you think that conditions for the Joad family are the same as the conditions for poor Oklahoma families in 2014? Is there clean reliable sources of drinking water today? Is there electricity flowing into the poorest homes today? Can poor families depend on a meal each day today? Are their children being educated, clothed, fed? LBJ never said "rid the country of poverty". He said he would wage war on poverty. Even after a war is fought, the enemy remains.

And if you're so dissatisfied with your Social Security benefits, why don't you write to the Social Security office and refuse next month's check? I wager more people are thankful for the stipend than resentful of it.

Plulezze. For the sake of your narrow po0litical ideology, you would introduce third world conditions in America. What a warped way to read 'government of the people, for the people and by the people'.

Maybe you should take your next vacation in Detroit or Trenton, NJ.

Ironic given that it is conservatives that are intent upon depriving women of their right to privacy.

Riiiiiiight!

Funny, the ONLY privacy right a progressive sees is the "right" of a woman to kill her offspring, which only furthers the agenda of the progressive movement to enslave women and the poor under their control. Progressives grant no other individual rights, not one. I'll stack my belief in the right of all human beings to live against your so-called right to privacy any day.

What the hell good is your lie about privacy to the lives you so quickly extinguish?

Last edited:
Repeating

Ninth Amendment[/SIZE][/B]

Albert Einstein

Yo bro'

None of the crap that you posted authorize the scumbags to manipulate the economy or enforce elitism.

Check and see what "to regulate" meant in 1787 - don't give me any fascistic, progressive, Orwellian or elite definitions.

Check your calendar, it is now 2014, not 1787 any longer!

And no, PROGRESS, is not fascistic, Orwellian or elite, it is just progress and it happens irrespective of those who want to build a bridge to nowhere because they cannot handle the change that is constantly occurring in reality.

Riiiiiiight!

Funny, the ONLY privacy right a progressive sees is the "right" of a woman to kill her offspring, which only furthers the agenda of the progressive movement to enslave women and the poor under their control. Progressives grant no other individual rights, not one. I'll stack my belief in the right of all human beings to live against your so-called right to privacy any day.

What the hell good is your lie about privacy to the lives you so quickly extinguish?

Factual evidence of a Progressive Government Policy that not only works but is also REDUCING abortions without depriving women of their privacy rights!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/8580225-post286.html

Albert Einstein

Yo bro'

Check your calendar, it is now 2014, not 1787 any longer!

And no, PROGRESS, is not fascistic, Orwellian or elite, it is just progress and it happens irrespective of those who want to build a bridge to nowhere because they cannot handle the change that is constantly occurring in reality.

If by progress you mean accepting slavery then some folks can not handle that and is time to fight.

BTW, your boy Thurgood Marshall used to say that if a SCOTUS brief was from some accused of a drug crime he would not bother reading it.

Imagine the uproar if a white SCOTUS Justice stated that he would not read any brief written for an Afro-American.

Maybe you should take your next vacation in Detroit or Trenton, NJ.

And you don't know about third world poverty either. Are there clinics and hospitals in Trenton and Detroit? Are there paved roads, reliable drinking water and available meals? Is there dysentery, cholera, malaria and an AIDSepidemic in Michigan and New Jersey?

All those things and more plagued the rural south and plains before government action eradicated them. And all those things and more currently plague the third world. Only a vibrant and effective federal government can make the difference. And wishing the government to go away can bring them back. What a pity some are so wrapped up in a stilted and narrow political ideology that wishes devastating poverty on their fellow citizens.

Forum List

Back