What is a proper waiting period.

SeattleGuns.NET

IN MY STATE YOU MUST BE A MEMBER OR TAKE IT OUTSIDE.

I have provided a link to private sales. You should learn the difference.

I showed you a guy purchasing guns at a gun show with no background check much less a waiting period unless you count the time it takes him to get back to his car.

I'm guessing you question the authenticity of the video perhaps?

Let me ask you. Can we agree that private individuals shouldn't have belt-fed weapons?

Game set match.

Some of the lefties here show astounding gullibility, others show astounding denial, still others show abject ignorance. Gun laws and waiting periods don't stop violent crimes. All they do is deny liberties to US Citizens and provide cannon fodder for politicians on both sides.

Thank God for the NRA.

I could vote for more control of the mentally ill and criminals

Whatcha got in mind?

Off the top of my head, I would say a simple psych consultation. The psychiatrist would not be allowed to prevent you from getting the gun, but if it was glaringly obvious you were going to use it illegally, the police could be put on notice.

So you must go to a psychiatrist to determine if you can get a gun.....

but the psychiatrist cant prevent you from getting the gun....

unless it is glaringly obvious ?

I could vote for more control of the mentally ill and criminals

Whatcha got in mind?

Off the top of my head, I would say a simple psych consultation. The psychiatrist would not be allowed to prevent you from getting the gun, but if it was glaringly obvious you were going to use it illegally, the police could be put on notice.

Uhm not exactly.

Basically, you're asked to talk with someone about why you are purchasing the weapon. You could say no, but that looks suspicious.

I'm required to say why I'm flying cross country. Why shouldn't I say why I want an assault rifle?

Uhm not exactly.

Basically, you're asked to talk with someone about why you are purchasing the weapon. You could say no, but that looks suspicious.

I'm required to say why I'm flying cross country. Why shouldn't I say why I want an assault rifle?

OR why you want an abortion.....and what constitutes and "assault rifle" (love those terms to scare suburban moms)

SeattleGuns.NET

I showed you a guy purchasing guns at a gun show with no background check much less a waiting period unless you count the time it takes him to get back to his car.

Let me ask you. Can we agree that private individuals shouldn't have belt-fed weapons?

Game set match.

No, several things have happened. It just isnt the norm. Which is my point.

If I am going to shoot someone, I will use a throw away. The point being I already have rifles , pistols and shotguns OH MY.........So what will the wait do for you?

Uhm not exactly.

OR why you want an abortion.....and what constitutes and "assault rifle" (love those terms to scare suburban moms)

Right now, if a woman wants an abortion, she is required to talk with a doctor about it first.

Uhm not exactly.

So this "someone" (a doctor you suggest) asks "why do you want this rifle"........

and I say "target shooting", pass my NCIS, I am good to go ?

SeattleGuns.NET

Game set match.

If I am going to shoot someone, I will use a throw away. The point being I already have rifles , pistols and shotguns OH MY.........So what will the wait do for you?

Well it's good that it happened the one time they happened to bring a camera in there. That is a hell of a coincidence.

Since proving a negative is nearly impossible--i.e. you can't poll people on this sort of things--anything that puts fewer guns onto the streets or extricates them from situations where the users may not be thinking clearly is a good thing.

Or do you think when UA plays ASU this year, we should have 70,000 fans packing heat and Budweiser?

Uhm not exactly.

Right now, if a woman wants an abortion, she is required to talk with a doctor about it first.

In Texas, they were trying to pass a law to where the woman had to listen to the fetal heart beat for a certain length of time.

Game set match.

Well it's good that it happened the one time they happened to bring a camera in there. That is a hell of a coincidence.

Since proving a negative is nearly impossible--i.e. you can't poll people on this sort of things--anything that puts fewer guns onto the streets or extricates them from situations where the users may not be thinking clearly is a good thing.

Or do you think when UA plays ASU this year, we should have 70,000 fans packing heat and Budweiser?

The video was staged in the same manner as the Bart videos.

Would you argue that what he caught was the norm for your side?

Learn the difference between gun show sales and private sales at a gun show.

What do you feel should be the proper waiting period to buy a gun.
1- 3 days
2- 5 days
3- 7 days
4- 9 days

As long as the proper background checks are done I see no need for a waiting period beyond those needs. There is no reason to deny people their rights.

As to the distraught buyer claim that is not a legal reason.

Uhm not exactly.

So this "someone" (a doctor you suggest) asks "why do you want this rifle"........

Correct.

It's easy when you're sane ;)

I had to wait 13 months once with the purchase of a single-shot break open rifle. The reason given was that I had once resided in California and that their computer system was backed up. I was not able to purchase another firearm during those 13 months while that background check went through.

Since then I have purchased handguns and walked out the door with them and have been subjected to a 2 month wait on a different occasion to purchase another. It's like rolling the dice in the liberal state I reside in if you can have your purchase or not when you go to the gun store.

I think they do it purposefully to try and halt or limit gun sales. I almost lost the single-shot rifle that I had to wait 13 months for twice during the wait to other customers but the shop owner worked with me. If I had lost the sale I would have been forced to start the 13 month wait all over again.

The video was staged in the same manner as the Bart videos.

Would you argue that what he caught was the norm for your side?

Learn the difference between gun show sales and private sales at a gun show.

Funny the victims of the gun shots don't know the difference...it probably doesn't matter much to them.

What is a "bart" video?

Uhm not exactly.

Correct.

So the doctor determines your sanity based on a two word answer ?

I would bet Holmes and Loughner could have pulled off "target shooting, collecting or hunting".

Louhgner was pulled over by Law Enforcement on the way to the commit his crimes and was turned loose.

Correct.

So the doctor determines your sanity based on a two word answer ?

I would bet Holmes and Loughner could have pulled off "target shooting, collecting or hunting".

Louhgner was pulled over by Law Enforcement on the way to the commit his crimes and was turned loose.

Obviously it wouldn't be just one question. And this is all off the top of my head. I'm sorry I don't have a detailed break down of all questions. The point is, there is nothing wrong with attempting to weed out the crazies. It won't work every time, but if we can get a few, then that's a good thing and the small wait is not a terrible thing for law-abiding citizens.

We make exceptions for our rights all the time in this country.

Everyone can marry, except for gays.
Everyone can vote, except for felons.
Everyone can speak freely, except when they lie.
Everyone can get an abortion, except those who wait a few months.

And I'm not even saying that someone with a history of mental illness shouldn't get a gun. All I'm saying is, maybe we don't make it as easy as possible for them to get a weapon that can kill 100 people in under 5 minutes.

There is no waiting period now. You go to a gun show and apparently, you can walk out with a small arsenal.

The upshot is that the same dissident factions that tell you "If you ban guns, criminals will be able to get them" are the ones insisting on maintaining these gun show loopholes.

False, Have you ever been to a gun show?

So you can buy an unlimited number of guns, totally without a background check, totally without a waiting period, and totally if you're nuts; you just need to find a private seller at the gun show?

Right?

Crazy people do have immediate access to weapons you twit.

Axes
Knives
Pointy sticks, pencils you can put your eye with one of those things
Their hands
Baseball bats
Boxing gloves heck that kid just got killed but another kid boxing with head gear
Shards of glass
Chainsaws

Ah. So, since they can get at a pointy stick, we should make it as easy as possible to get a semi-automatic rifle.

Rock solid logic there.

please define assault rifle

Forum List

Back