*What Is Death To An Ahteist*?

So you have a belief in the likely existence of something without scientific or physical proof /evidence of such?

That is faith...

You cannot make the extrapolation you are trying to make without faith...

Exactly :clap2:

Hold applause.

In order to have a rational intelligent conversation on any subject there has to be agreement on the definitions and usage of the wordage. This debate was surprisingly good until the definition of "faith" was stretched beyond it's author's and keepers(dictionary) scope and intent by House and yourself. I enjoy good debate but it gets tedious when the energy to define common minutia exceeds the pleasure of discourse. I do not agree that "faith" encompasses all desire to follow information to fact in the learning process.

No he made the same point i made that you are relying on faith to believe as you do,that life exists out there on other planets with zero evidence for proof.

I have given plenty of evidence showing intelligent design.

I have also shown the necessity for the intelligent design and that it had a purpose to be designed.

Are you telling us a natural process is gonna think up all that a body needs to function ?

Last edited:
Prove it.

Look for yourself.

The World

Now prove there is life outside our atmosphere.

You do know the history of the area, right?

There were oceans and lakes in that area. The ground in that area was very unstable for millions of years and the ice age helped carve out the canyon as well.

Hehe.. the odds are there is life outside of our solar system. NASA has found quite a few planets that are very Earth-like. NASA - Search Results

Still can't bring yourself to admit there is no life out there knowing there is no life out there.

You are trying to make your point with a theory ?

This theory is based on the same thing as there being life out beyond our atmosphere.

Zero evidence.

Look for yourself.

The World

Now prove there is life outside our atmosphere.

You do know the history of the area, right?

There were oceans and lakes in that area. The ground in that area was very unstable for millions of years and the ice age helped carve out the canyon as well.

Hehe.. the odds are there is life outside of our solar system. NASA has found quite a few planets that are very Earth-like. NASA - Search Results

Still can't bring yourself to admit there is no life out there knowing there is no life out there.

You are trying to make your point with a theory ?

This theory is based on the same thing as there being life out beyond our atmosphere.

Zero evidence.

Obviously you feel there is no life out there. I dont feel the same.

The odds are there is life out there because the same chemical compounds that exist here on earth exist else where in the universe. I will not say life does not exist outside of our solar system because it might.

Heaven and God and what not are just not logical to me.

Sorry bout that,

1. I can't imagine how dark and empty life must seem to a theist?
2. Does anyone who is an theist want to share their thoughts about this?
3. And can you explain why I would want what you believe in about life, and being life?

Sorry DB but an Atheist means without belief. Someone who definitively claims there is no afterlife isn't really an atheist, that would be claiming to know,.

I'm an atheist. I have no clue what happens when you die. Neither do you.

There is no scientific proof of a world-wide flood. Find a non religious link.

You're gonna deny the 18 evidences given to show a global flood,that is empirical evidence and you deny it ?

I listen to scientists who study and know the facts not a bunch of preachers who have another view. Thats what they are, preachers.

The first scientists were believers.

Many still are.

Many creationists carry the same credentials you listen to.

Sorry bo that,

Sorry bout that,

1. I can't imagine how dark and empty death must seem to an atheist?
2. Does anyone who is an atheist want to share their thoughts about this?
3. And can you explain why I would want what you believe in about death, and being dead?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

:dunno: Why don't you share what death is to a racist..

1. Wrong little lady, I am not racist.
2. So where do you stack up in this debate?
3. You for God, being God, or you for atheists who say God is dead?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You're gonna deny the 18 evidences given to show a global flood,that is empirical evidence and you deny it ?

I listen to scientists who study and know the facts not a bunch of preachers who have another view. Thats what they are, preachers.

Many still are.

Most are now, however, they dont allow the bible to dictate the science they study.

No, creationists like to look at the science presented by real scientists and try to find a way to discredit it. The "creationists" that existed back in the dark ages persecuted many many scientists. They still do today.

So you have a belief in the likely existence of something without scientific or physical proof /evidence of such?

That is faith...

You cannot make the extrapolation you are trying to make without faith...

Exactly :clap2:

Hold applause.

In order to have a rational intelligent conversation on any subject there has to be agreement on the definitions and usage of the wordage. This debate was surprisingly good until the definition of "faith" was stretched beyond it's author's and keepers(dictionary) scope and intent by House and yourself. I enjoy good debate but it gets tedious when the energy to define common minutia exceeds the pleasure of discourse. I do not agree that "faith" encompasses all desire to follow information to fact in the learning process.

I used wikipedia:

Wikipedia said:
Faith is the confident belief or trust in the truth or trustworthiness of a person, concept or thing, or a belief that is not based on proof.

Sounded right to me... Apparently you aren't interested in debate on the subject... I am not surprised...

Last edited:

Many still are.

Most are now, however, they dont allow the bible to dictate the science they study.

No, creationists like to look at the science presented by real scientists and try to find a way to discredit it. The "creationists" that existed back in the dark ages persecuted many many scientists. They still do today.

One of my favorite creationist.

Dr. Michael Brown is the Director and Principal Researcher of the Molecular History Research Center. He graduated with a Ph. D. in Biology with an emphasis in Molecular Biology from Loma Linda University in 1987 "Isolation and Cloning of fX174 n' Recognition Site: Characterization of Mutant Forms". While at L.L.U. he recieved three awards: One award was for meritorious research from the Western Student Medical Research Forum of the American Federation for Clinical Research (now the American Federation For Medical Research; The other awards, the Edmund C. Jaeger Award, was given twice for indicating potiential in contributing to the field of Biology.

Dr. Brown has taught college courses in Biochemistry and Biology at Antillian College (now Antillian Adventist University) in Puerto Rico and Walla Walla College (now Walla Walla University) in College Place Washington.

Why did I ever become a Creationist? outlines how Dr. Brown became convicted that the Bible gives a correct view of history and the future.

Why would Creation Science and Prophecy be linked together? outlines what Dr. Brown decided to do with his convictions.

Interests range from astronomy, computer programing, amateur radio, photography, to bicycling, backpacking, and flying. He also enjoys playing his french horn. Presently he plays in the various orchestral and ensemble organizations of Woodland Productions. In his previous location, Mike was a member of the Walla Walla Symphony for at least 10 years. At the same time he was also a member of the Inland Northwest Orchestra, and the Walla Walla Brass Ensemble. Toward the end of his time at Walla Walla, Mike participated with the Oregon East Symphony and in addition, he was occasionally asked to join the Mid Columbia Symphony as an extra to round out their horn section.

Last edited:

Many still are.

Dr. Michael Brown is the Director and Principal Researcher of the Molecular History Research Center. He graduated with a Ph. D. in Biology with an emphasis in Molecular Biology from Loma Linda University in 1987 "Isolation and Cloning of fX174 n' Recognition Site: Characterization of Mutant Forms". While at L.L.U. he recieved three awards: One award was for meritorious research from the Western Student Medical Research Forum of the American Federation for Clinical Research (now the American Federation For Medical Research; The other awards, the Edmund C. Jaeger Award, was given twice for indicating potiential in contributing to the field of Biology.

Dr. Brown has taught college courses in Biochemistry and Biology at Antillian College (now Antillian Adventist University) in Puerto Rico and Walla Walla College (now Walla Walla University) in College Place Washington.

Why did I ever become a Creationist? outlines how Dr. Brown became convicted that the Bible gives a correct view of history and the future.

Why would Creation Science and Prophecy be linked together? outlines what Dr. Brown decided to do with his convictions.

Interests range from astronomy, computer programing, amateur radio, photography, to bicycling, backpacking, and flying. He also enjoys playing his french horn. Presently he plays in the various orchestral and ensemble organizations of Woodland Productions. In his previous location, Mike was a member of the Walla Walla Symphony for at least 10 years. At the same time he was also a member of the Inland Northwest Orchestra, and the Walla Walla Brass Ensemble. Toward the end of his time at Walla Walla, Mike participated with the Oregon East Symphony and in addition, he was occasionally asked to join the Mid Columbia Symphony as an extra to round out their horn section.

His site.

Michael E. Brown PhD: Molecular History Research Center

This means what?

There is no scientific proof of a world-wide flood. Find a non religious link.

If they know the facts lets put you and them to the test.

Why is it that amino acids are still found in fossils and are not broken down after hundreds of millions of years?

His site.

This means what?

Just a creationist with a Ph.d in biology that specialize's in molecular research.

Why is it that amino acids are still found in fossils and are not broken down after hundreds of millions of years?

You tell me first ;)

His site.

This means what?

Just a creationist with a Ph.d in biology that specialize's in molecular research.

Its great that hes a biologist but a bummer hes a creationist.

You tell me first ;)

Your side has no answer as to why amino acids are found after supposedly hundreds of millions of years. The importance of the question is if the fossils were truly the age your side say's they are there should be no amino acids.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back