What Is Israel's Reasoning Re Backing The Rebels?

Israel launched a strike inside Egypt? LOL:lol:

Israel has struck armed groups in Egypt's Sinai region several times over the past year. For good reason I might add, they certainly aren't about to ignore the rise in armed jihadi groups in the area.

Since when does Israel have sovereignty rights in Egypt? But not surprised to see you justiying violations of intl law when the perpetrator is the Zionist Regime. What hypocritical double standards you have.

It's great when Israel bombs your terrorist buddies, wherever they lurk.

And your point is what?

Oh, come on, you don't need a four year degree to figure out what I am saying. Try this, the United States should stay out of Syria, but provide Israel with our top line of weapons at low prices, and give them a very generous credit line. Israel wants to clean up Syria anyway. America can just sit quietly and watch the show.

You do realize that President Obama is making a national address to the American people in a few minutes. The American people do not want to waste American lives on third world Muslims who will blame us for everything wrong in their lives anyway. Let them kill their own kind.

hiroshima-aftermath.jpg

And your point is what?

Oh, come on, you don't need a four year degree to figure out what I am saying. Try this, the United States should stay out of Syria, but provide Israel with our top line of weapons at low prices, and give them a very generous credit line. Israel wants to clean up Syria anyway. America can just sit quietly and watch the show.

You do realize that President Obama is making a national address to the American people in a few minutes. The American people do not want to waste American lives on third world Muslims who will blame us for everything wrong in their lives anyway. Let them kill their own kind.

hiroshima-aftermath.jpg

I neither support US military strikes in Syria or sending Israel weapons to carry out military strikes in Syria with. Yes, I am listening to Obama s lies, they change nothing. His lying just makes me ashamed to be an American.

And your point is what?

hiroshima-aftermath.jpg

I neither support US military strikes in Syria or sending Israel weapons to carry out military strikes in Syria with. Yes, I am listening to Obama s lies, they change nothing. His lying just makes me ashamed to be an American.

Well SunniLady, you're more than welcome to move your America hatin' ass to Iran.

Being ashamed of my country does not make it any less my country. I think about Jesus and the Prophets, they were ashamed of their people too. They did not leave, that is not the example they set for me to follow.

My problems with what Obama said start with his speaking of Assad using chemical weapons as fact, when it is not established as fact. Making choices relying on dubious intelligence leads to flawed decision making. Today, evidence was presented to the UN Human Rights Council that showed videos and photos the Administration is using to prove Assad carried out the atrack are fake.

Being ashamed of my country does not make it any less my country. I think about Jesus and the Prophets, they were ashamed of their people too. They did not leave, that is not the example they set for me to follow.

I hate to break this to you Shia Sherri, but Jesus was a Jew. The prophets were Jews. Are you being forced to sit 20 hours a day a spew Jew hate here? We can get you help.

I hate to break this to you Shia Sherri, but Jesus was a Jew. The prophets were Jews. Are you being forced to sit 20 hours a day a spew Jew hate here? We can get you help.

So, I am an American and I am ashamed of my country. Jesus and the Prophets were ashamed of their people too. They did not walk away and leave, nor shall I. What is so complicated to understand about that analogy? Being ashamed of what your country does is not hating your country or people. And for your information, Obama is not Jewish. You seem to be fixated about everything in the world having to do with Jews. Get over yourself.

And your point is what?

hiroshima-aftermath.jpg
The American people do not want to waste American lives on third world Muslims who will blame us for everything wrong in their lives anyway.

Yes, we understand that about as well as watching a video of a Muslim mom strapping a bomb to her child's small chest and sending him out among a lot of people she hates to blow up when she signals by phone. We don't mind assisting people in trouble, but we do mind assisting people who do trouble nonstop.

What;s wrong with wanting a murderous terrorist supporting tyrant to go ?

Well, if he's merely replaced by worse ones it would be a net negative. It's one of those existential foreign policy dilemmas where all the options are bad and it becomes a matter of picking the least bad options.

I started the thread in order to see if people had some theories on why Israel's and AIPAC's policy wonks would choose the 'rebels' over Assad, i.e. what might tip the scales in favor of the 'rebels' against an already severely weakened enemy, versus one that is even less rational.

And thanks to those who contributed adult responses, pro or con, despite the usual pages and pages of juvenile trolling, idiotic agenda spamming, crackpot conspiracy gibberish, and anti-semitic raving that has become the norm on message boards.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back