What Is Israel's Reasoning Re Backing The Rebels?

I have never quite seen a thread like this in USMB. Not only are we "all over the place," but so is Washington. Here is the interview with President Obama from last nights CBS news. Obama: Russia's Syria offer a "potentially positive development" - CBS News

Yet the big story was Kerry's off-the-cuff comment about having another country handle all Syria's chemical weapons. Both Russia and Syria jumped on it as a good idea. Tonight the president speaks to a national audience. I am going to stop posting for now because speculation only adds to the confusion.

syria-map1.gif

Check out this map of what countries surround Syria.
Talk about a powder keg ready to explode!

As an aside, it is good to see posters who barely speak to each other finding themselves on the same side! Only in America!

I really don't think it will get to the point where Israel launches air strikes against Iran's Nuclear facilities
Why not? ....Israel has attacked just about everyone else in the region; or talked the U.S. into doing it for them. .. :cool:

They haven't talked the U.S into doing anything. If the U.S wants to launch an airstrike, then it is the U.S that makes the final decision.
And who else besides Lebanon and Syria have they attacked ?
Israel recently launched a strike inside Egypt......and let's not forget the nuclear reactor in Iraq a few years ago.....oh yea, and back in the day Jordan. .. :cool:

Still doing your (beachboy) thing where you continuously delete your post and re-post it so that it is the last one in the thread I see. Classy.

Sorry. Don't know what Sunni Man and Osomir are posting. I have them both on "ignore" because they distract from the subject, do not respond to direct questions, do not support their remarks with fact links, and name-calling is the thrust of their arguments.

funny-drunk-man-dancing-girls-falling-animated-gif.gif

Last edited:
Still doing your (beachboy) thing where you continuously delete your post and re-post it so that it is the last one in the thread I see. Classy.
LOL, yea, that's his regular MO.... :cuckoo: :lol:

He's a high school kid who didn't even know that Turkey was a Muslim majority country. He also posted the addresses of mosques in the US along with instructions on how to make bombs and told posters to go bomb them. And now he seems to think that none of us know which countries border Syria, just because he didn't until he googled it.

It's nice to see kids his age taking an interest in international affairs though, and hopefully his opinions will change as he grows up some.

Last edited:
Sorry. Don't know what Sunni Man and Osomir are posting. I have them both on "ignore" because they distract from the subject, do not respond to direct questions, do not support their remarks with fact links, and name-calling is the thrust of their arguments.
Typical coward response......

Yet, Beachbozo continues to PM me and cry about how I am abusing him with neg reps. .. :lol: :lol:

Why not? ....Israel has attacked just about everyone else in the region; or talked the U.S. into doing it for them. .. :cool:

They haven't talked the U.S into doing anything. If the U.S wants to launch an airstrike, then it is the U.S that makes the final decision.
Israel recently launched a strike inside Egypt......and let's not forget the nuclear reactor in Iraq a few years ago.....oh yea, and back in the day Jordan. .. :cool:

Israel launched a strike inside Egypt? LOL:lol:

Egypt walks the wire in denying Israeli strike on Sinai | The Times of Israel

Israel did try to destroy Iraq's Nuclear Reactors

Israel " attacked" Jordan? That is actually funny :cool: :lol:

So you're saying that destroying Saddams nuclear reactor in was a bad thing ??

He's a high school kid who didn't even know that Turkey was a Muslim majority country. He also posted the addresses of mosques in the US along with instructions on how to make bombs and told posters to go bomb them. And now he seems to think that none of us know which countries border Syria, just because he didn't until he googled it.

It's nice to see kids his age taking an interest in international affairs though, and hopefully his opinions will change as he grows up some.

Sorry to butt in, but which poster are you talking about

BeachBozo .. :cool:

Well, now I know what is being said. I continue to have Sunni Man and Osmir on "ignore." And, I have given my reasons.

I try to deal with everyone reasonably, but Sunni Man and Osmir are just Muslim noise machines. They are not here to discuss. They are here to spread Islam bull shit. The best way to handle them is to keep them out of the discussion with me, and to slap them with graphics. That is what I will continue to do. They are like listening to a third-world children whine. They are funny when they are angry. So, let's make them really angry, just for fun!

2PlyKoran-728563.gif

Last edited:
As to the topic on hand. 100,000 Syrians have been killed. UN: Syria death toll rises above 100,000 - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

Now according to this Wiki link Demographics of Syria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia"Syria's population is 74% Sunni Muslim, Other Muslims (including Alawites) make up 16% of the population....."

Now why should we risk American lives for the people who blew up our World Trade Center, (killing 2,977 innocent civilians), and bombed the Boston Marathon? Folks this is a no-brainer. Muslims have been killing each other for centuries. Why should America get involved? Every Muslim death is pure stupidity by third world barbarians. Let them kill each other, and we should stay out of it.

Of course it would not hurt to give Israel a rock bottom price on our F-15 Eagles. In over a hundred dog fights we have never lost a single one! McDonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

f-15kload.jpg

Last edited:
Israel launched a strike inside Egypt? LOL:lol:

Israel has struck armed groups in Egypt's Sinai region several times over the past year. For good reason I might add, they certainly aren't about to ignore the rise in armed jihadi groups in the area.

Since when does Israel have sovereignty rights in Egypt? But not surprised to see you justiying violations of intl law when the perpetrator is the Zionist Regime. What hypocritical double standards you have.

Since when does Israel have sovereignty rights in Egypt? But not surprised to see you justiying violations of intl law when the perpetrator is the Zionist Regime. What hypocritical double standards you have.

Israel has every right to defend itself from rocket attacks that come from the Sinai Peninsula, nor is it a violation of international law to respond proportionately to such acts of terrorism and immediate threats to the security of their citizenry.

Forum List

Back