What Is Israel's Reasoning Re Backing The Rebels?

Discussions with racists are a waste of time. I am putting you on Ignore.

OMG! The horror! The horror! Poor PV. I'll bet she is crushed. Crushed I say!

I know that is meant as a joke by you, but I am extremely flattered Sherri has put me on ignore.
It shows by pointing out what a ridiculous medium Press-TV is, I have hit a raw nerve in her.

I imagine she has me on ignore too. :eek:

I know that is meant as a joke by you, but I am extremely flattered Sherri has put me on ignore.
It shows by pointing out what a ridiculous medium Press-TV is, I have hit a raw nerve in her.

She put me on ignore because I'm not capable of having a conversation with her lol.
My guess is that she puts anyone on ignore who exposes her lies and bigotry and makes her look like a fool haha.

She put me on ignore because I'm not capable of having a conversation with her lol.
My guess is that she puts anyone on ignore who exposes her lies and bigotry and makes her look like a fool haha.

I bet she is itching to reply to that one!

I showed you how Press-TV is disreputable as a news medium in my link above. That is not me being "racist."

I prefer more reliable news sources for news.

HI ! Don't think her " post" was addressed to me but that was funny! Doesn't like " racists?" At least we know she will never be committed for talking to herself. :lol:

This racist Bigot CHEERS when Israelis die. She claims " She asked for it " or " She reaps what she sows" NOTHING about the atrocites Muslims commit against Christians. Her other excuse on the other board was that was the I/ P Board. However, this board is the ME BOARD. The Racist Bigot STILL refuses to address or even acknowledge it :cuckoo:

I find Israel's support for removing Assad a little strange, considering the 'rebels' are going to be far worse than Assad is. So ... why the support for 'regime change' in Syria? The 'devil we know versus the devils we know are far worse' isn't an option for Israeli policy? It's not like those handful of doctors and lawyers who make up the rather small 'moderate' faction of the 'rebels' is going to stand a remote chance of gaining power in the aftermath, against Al Q types and assorted fanatics, so what's the advantage?

Israel is backing nobody.

What some of the leaders say on this does not represent our people necessarily.

Israel is represented by her government.

So is America.

And Obama is pushing to attack even if over 70% of the people are against it.

Netanyahu may say one thing, doesn't mean we agree.

Most of Israelis wish much luck to both sides. Both are terrorists and Jew haters.

Why should we 'root' for any specific side?

Last edited:

HI ! Don't think her " post" was addressed to me but that was funny! Doesn't like " racists?" At least we know she will never be committed for talking to herself. :lol:

This racist Bigot CHEERS when Israelis die. She claims " She asked for it " or " She reaps what she sows" NOTHING about the atrocites Muslims commit against Christians. Her other excuse on the other board was that was the I/ P Board. However, this board is the ME BOARD. The Racist Bigot STILL refuses to address or even acknowledge it :cuckoo:

Pretty soon she'll have every one on ignore but herself. Bet that will be an interesting conversation. Maybe she'll start calling herself a racist. But I doubt it.

I find Israel's support for removing Assad a little strange, considering the 'rebels' are going to be far worse than Assad is. So ... why the support for 'regime change' in Syria? The 'devil we know versus the devils we know are far worse' isn't an option for Israeli policy? It's not like those handful of doctors and lawyers who make up the rather small 'moderate' faction of the 'rebels' is going to stand a remote chance of gaining power in the aftermath, against Al Q types and assorted fanatics, so what's the advantage?

Let the United States have its "dog and pony show" about what to do in Syria. American business interests will prevail. The real question to me is "What does Israel really want?" I am not sure we know at this time. This thing needs to settle in a lot of minds.

Israel_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

Last edited:

Let the United States have its "dog and pony show" about what to do in Syria. American business interests will prevail. The real question to me is "What does Israel really want?" I am not sure we know at this time. This thing needs to settle in a lot of minds.

Putin ended the show ---Obama is safe-----Israel has the same shit to deal with.

Putin ended the show ---Obama is safe-----Israel has the same shit to deal with.

Uh, huh. And in January, 2008 Hillary Clinton had a lock on the White House!

Behind the scenes is where the Syria game is taking place. There are simply too many variables to accurately project the outcome. According to CBS News anything could happen.

cbs-evening-news-with-scott-pelley-8-205x125.jpg

Last edited:

Uh, huh. And in January, 2008 Hillary Clinton had a lock on the White House.

Behind the scenes is where the game over Syria is being played. According to CBS News anything could happen.

agreed---we always have to do some speculation.

Uh, huh. And in January, 2008 Hillary Clinton had a lock on the White House.

Behind the scenes is where the game over Syria is being played. According to CBS News anything could happen.

The problem arises when we confuse speculation with facts.

agreed--what is the other option....wait until something happens and then act ?

Yes and no, we have the ability to collect reliable intel and consult regional experts to make guesses, but any expert will tell you that it is impossible to completely predict things. This sub-forum is awash with people equating speculation with fact over the issue of Syria and coupling it with oversimplifications and generalizations which is pretty dangerous if decent policy formulation is the goal. The media largely suffers from the same problems.

It's ok for us to say "we don't know what is going to happen" and that is often the best bet and perhaps the most honest. Few here seem to take that path though.

Last edited:

Yes and no, we have the ability to collect reliable intel and consult regional experts to make guesses, but any expert will tell you that it is impossible to completely predict things. This sub-forum is awash with people equating speculation with fact over the issue of Syria and coupling it with oversimplifications and generalizations which is pretty dangerous if decent policy formulation is the goal. The media largely suffers from the same problems.

It's ok for us to say "we don't know what is going to happen" and that is often the best bet and perhaps the most honest. Few here seem to take that path though.

and it's really boring. It's much more fun to speculate. I think Hillary is going to be our next president .

and it's really boring. It's much more fun to speculate. I think Hillary is going to be our next president .

Fair enough, I am generally more interested in what's accurate and honest rather than what's fun. Though I also find the former to be fun as well.

Fair enough, I am generally more interested in what's accurate and honest rather than what's fun. Though I also find the former to be fun as well.

accuracy and honesty is entirely dependent on time which is my favorite topic.

Israel is backing nobody.

What some of the leaders say on this does not represent our people necessarily.

So is America.

Most of Israelis wish much luck to both sides. Both are terrorists and Jew haters.

The point is an attack on one helps the other side and shows support for them.

So is America.

The point is an attack on one helps the other side and shows support for them.

That point doesn't matter.

Most Americans are against it

The real question to me is "What does Israel really want?" I am not sure we know at this time.

Well, that's sort of the point of the OP; weighing up the pros and cons I see no net advantage for Israel and AIPAC supporting an attack on Assad. I also see no advantage to Israel for an American involvement in Syria as long as Obama is in office; he's not exactly a reliable ally for Israel.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back