What Is It You Think You Can't Do Because of Political Correctness?

Ok, so you take offense to messaging. Just like "Up or down vote"..."Right to Life"...etc. I too take offense to it, it does warp the debate. It happens on both sides. Its no surprise you dont like it when it wacks your side the same as I dont when it wacks mine.

But this is politics. Clever messaging has been around longer than you or I and disliking it wont change anything.
th

This is just excellent. Absolutely perfect.

So you're going to take all the madness that is Political Correctness - from manipulating the language to "participation medals" to Identity Politics to "holiday trees", and you're going to give it the name "messaging".

Whoa wait a fucking second! Messaging is one thing. That bullshit about participation medals or holiday trees is about people who are sensitive. Who dont make sense and you are trying to figure it out. THEY ARE CRAZY!

Think like this....Would you go to the local Nut House and ask the guy with a propeller hat and roller skates what to call your Christmas tree? No. So why the fuck do you pay attention to some nut ball calling a Christmas tree a Holiday Tree? :lol:

Even if they want to call it that why are YOU worried about what THEY call it? :lol:

You want to take a term that already exists -- Political Correctness -- and give it a NEW name -- "messaging" -- that suits you better, manipulating the language to your advantage. That is a BEAUTIFUL example of what we're talking about. THAT is a delightful example of Political Correctness.

Messaging is not new. Both parties have people in charge of this "new thing" called messaging.

Excuse me, but you are taking Political Messaging and changing it to "Political Correctness". To fit your bullshit. Here you are pretending that Communication Departments dont exist! That Frank Luntz didnt write a book on Effective Messaging?

books

But "Right to Life" is OK because it's your side. "With us or against us" is cool. "Abortionist" "Leftists" etc are all ok because its...your side. I know....

Right there for all to see.

You folks literally can't help yourselves, can you?

Holy crap. You said it better than I can.

This is just you pumping yourself up. Meaningless

All the words you want to classify as "messaging" are UP FOR GRABS! Abortionist, leftist, Right to life --- have NEVER been removed from the media or politics.. Neither have abortion provider, right-winger, or Pro-Life..

So WHY is it that your brilliant plan RELIES on REMOVING perfectly good phrases from public discussion by ACTUAL media CENSORSHIP or campus speech codes????

Give us ONE EXAMPLE of a word or phrase given a NEW EVIL connotation by Conservatives or Libertarians where the PRESS, politicians and the Public INSTITUTIONS cooperated in the effort to dishonor those words..

Even the evil word Liberal (although unduly slimed and wrongly defined) is STILL available without penalty should you (or me) want to claim it.. NO ONE ever declared that from NOW ON -- only leftist or progressive would be acceptable.

Last edited:
th

This is just excellent. Absolutely perfect.

So you're going to take all the madness that is Political Correctness - from manipulating the language to "participation medals" to Identity Politics to "holiday trees", and you're going to give it the name "messaging".

Whoa wait a fucking second! Messaging is one thing. That bullshit about participation medals or holiday trees is about people who are sensitive. Who dont make sense and you are trying to figure it out. THEY ARE CRAZY!

Think like this....Would you go to the local Nut House and ask the guy with a propeller hat and roller skates what to call your Christmas tree? No. So why the fuck do you pay attention to some nut ball calling a Christmas tree a Holiday Tree? :lol:

Even if they want to call it that why are YOU worried about what THEY call it? :lol:

Messaging is not new. Both parties have people in charge of this "new thing" called messaging.

Excuse me, but you are taking Political Messaging and changing it to "Political Correctness". To fit your bullshit. Here you are pretending that Communication Departments dont exist! That Frank Luntz didnt write a book on Effective Messaging?

books

But "Right to Life" is OK because it's your side. "With us or against us" is cool. "Abortionist" "Leftists" etc are all ok because its...your side. I know....

Right there for all to see.

You folks literally can't help yourselves, can you?

Holy crap. You said it better than I can.

All the words you want to classify as "messaging" are UP FOR GRABS! Abortionist, leftist, Right to life --- have NEVER been removed from the media or politics.. Neither have abortion provider, right-winger, or Pro-Life..

No words have been removed from anywhere. Again you want the NY Times to do something just because YOU WANT THEM TOO. You can still say it! Type in Illegal Alien and you'll find pages of news. I just did!

So WHY is it that your brilliant plan RELIES on REMOVING perfectly good phrases from public discussion by ACTUAL media CENSORSHIP or campus speech codes????

Do you need someone to hate? Ok...Its all my plan. I control the NY Times and I'm the arbiter of social norms. Hate me all you want

Give us ONE EXAMPLE of a word or phrase given a NEW EVIL connotation by Conservatives or Libertarians where the PRESS, politicians and the Public INSTITUTIONS cooperated in the effort to dishonor those words..

Liberal

Even the evil word Liberal (although unduly slimed and wrongly defined) is STILL available without penalty should you (or me) want to claim it.. NO ONE ever declared that from NOW ON -- only leftist or progressive would be acceptable.

You are worried about what someone else say is acceptable? I'm not. They dont control me and they dont control you. Stop with the bullshit pretending.

You want to be a victim. You never heard of Messaging. Liberal is not a bad word although its used as a bad word.

Stop it already. Frank Luntz said Messaging is effective. That cant be tho because I made up messaging!!!!!

You need a goddam hug

Also the topic is "What is it you think you cant do because of PC?"

The answer so far is Get it published in the NY Times.

35 pages for that...

Also the topic is "What is it you think you cant do because of PC?"

The answer so far is Get it published in the NY Times.

35 pages for that...

the fact that you still don't get it is what's really amazing. We used to call it dumb as a stump full of swamp water.

or, as someone said earlier, you just don't want to get it because it makes your entire liberal philosophy a lie.

I wouldn't expect you to agree with/admit to what I clearly pointed out, not in a thousand years. But now you can no longer claim to not knowing what I'm talking about. Well, on second thought, you can, because denial is an important tool in the toolbox of the average partisan ideologue. That's okay.

Now, regarding the above deflections, "my side"? I'm pro-choice and against Bush's wars.

Ooops!

:laugh:

I wouldn't expect you to agree with/admit to what I clearly pointed out, not in a thousand years.

And what was that? Or is this the point where you get too tired to sum up your point?

I wonder why you changed my quote to match the wrong sentence in your statement.

Just kidding! I know why!

You're just another partisan ideologue, and I pointed out your intellectual dishonesty. I'm not going to play Whack-a-Mole™ with you, because that's how it always ends up going with folks like you. You're going to continue the PC games, but at least you'll know some us are on to your dishonesty.

That's good enough for me.

Accuse me of refusing to see your point while refusing to state your point. Just like I said you would. Perfect

books

No words have been removed from anywhere. Again you want the NY Times to do something just because YOU WANT THEM TOO. You can still say it! Type in Illegal Alien and you'll find pages of news. I just did!

Do you need someone to hate? Ok...Its all my plan. I control the NY Times and I'm the arbiter of social norms. Hate me all you want

Liberal

You are worried about what someone else say is acceptable? I'm not. They dont control me and they dont control you. Stop with the bullshit pretending.

You want to be a victim. You never heard of Messaging. Liberal is not a bad word although its used as a bad word.

Stop it already. Frank Luntz said Messaging is effective. That cant be tho because I made up messaging!!!!!

You need a goddam hug

You really didn't answer my BOLDED question above.. Mere messaging doesn't require INSTITUTIONALIZED and CODIFIED changes to public speech. Like edits of major newspaper stylebooks, and campus speech codes.

So take another whack at it -- and stop lying about this just being "messaging"..

That ain't "messaging".. Messaging is saturation bombing on the Sunday talk shows. Coordinated from the Dem UnderGround Bunker.. OR (to be fair) -- flashed from Karl Rove's whiteboard into mushyheaded Republicans getting their make-up on...

You think you're so sly because you've designed a means to institutionalize YOUR political speech without interference from the 1st Amendment. And you TAUNT folks to ATTEMPT to excersize freedom of certain phrases after they've been politically tainted and poisoned and removed from journalism and academia. And THEN you have the gall to suggest that all your handicraft is just the workings of a few isolated whackjobs with sensitivity issues..

But WE know where to find the whackjobs behind all this any time we want to...

Like for instance.. Where would look to find the all the influence leading to the new legislation in Cali allow pre-teen students to declare the bathroom of their choice?? Where would THOSE whackjobs be hiding in plain sight??

As I pointed out in post 516, he's trying to cram the entire world of PC into one benign word, "messaging". I think it's possible he truly doesn't see that he's trying to get away with a core PC strategy -- manipulating the language for his advantage. It appears to be as natural as breathing for them. It's a little insulting that he thinks he can get away with it, but it's fascinating to watch, and it confirms my points about PC.

As I pointed out in post 516, he's trying to cram the entire world of PC into one benign word, "messaging". I think it's possible he truly doesn't see that he's trying to get away with a core PC strategy -- manipulating the language for his advantage. It appears to be as natural as breathing for them. It's a little insulting that he thinks he can get away with it, but it's fascinating to watch, and it confirms my points about PC.

You know...I have no dog in this fight. I give a shit if someone wants to say illegal alien or undocumented worker or whatever new phrase they come up with next.

I was trying to explain that you arent the victim of some conspiracy to silence you. Society has standards and people will judge you. Either you can be righteous (like me) and dont give a shit if someone is offended AND be willing to deal with the consequences or you can play their game.

But...If it makes you feel better. They are out to get you and I love PC Police. I actually instruct them to do many things on my behalf. There. Now you can feel better about your paranoia

PC doesn't actually force anyone not to do anything. It is more of a shaming or a guilting into making us believe what polite society should be. Honesty should be what people are taught instead of trying to make everyone feel better. I can understand not using racial slurs at people who are offended by them and have a right to be.

In this country, however, it isn't just racial slurs. Anyone who disagrees with someone will be labeled by PCP as a racist, or bigot, or anything else that they can be labeled in order to lessen their opinion. I'm not forced to believe that higher crime areas aren't as bad as police tell me they are. I'm shamed into thinking that a ghetto full of minorities is really just a big misunderstanding between teenagers and police officers. No one should be profiled. Yet cops that have been on the job for 20+ years are constantly under scrutiny and investigation because they arrest minorities in ghettos committing crimes. And they know all they have to do is just keep denying it and someone will cry foul for them. That's what's wrong with PC. Now prisoners can earn money in jail!? No. They lost that privilege after becoming a ******* criminal.

That's what's wrong with PC.

Now that the PC Police have been outed and the pushback has begun, hopefully we'll soon be able to have honest, constructive conversations about race and any number of other issues without their diversionary games meant to control the conversation. That kind of intellectual dishonesty has slowed down progress considerably.

That's the damage they've caused, but not for much longer, hopefully, finally.

Last edited:
Here's an account of how Political Correctness negatively impacted some of our U.S. Navy SEALS.

How Political Correctness Took Down Navy SEALs

December 30, 2013

The night of Sept. 1, 2009, Echo Platoon of Navy SEAL Team 10 headed out into the Fallujah night. Their goal: concluding a five-year search for the al Qaeda killer who had been responsible for the shocking 2004 murders of four American military contractors — one of them an ex-SEAL — whose bodies were then burned, dragged through the streets and hanged from a bridge.

>> Read Complete Article

How Political Correctness Took Down Navy SEALs

Last edited:

Forum List

Back