What is the Allure of Trump?

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
He's crass at times, has an ego as big as a house, has been clobbered by the media in a debate, yet he surges in the polls.

Just what is this phenomenon about?

I believe that the people are tired of politicians work to ingratiate themselves instead working on behalf of the country. They are tired of lies from their president and representatives. And they are tired of special groups like "feminism," "amnesty" groups and "black lives matter" are examples. They want what the founding fathers represented.

Trump has the fortitude to tell it like it is, the hell with Political Correctness. And that is what the main stream voter wants. It could be a Republicans ,Independent or Democrat. It is definitely refreshing.

He talks about what is bringing this country down. Illegal Immigration (and the real immigrants who followed the rules --and vote-- like that, too), he wants trade between countries to be fair. He wants manufacturing brought back to the US. He wants jobs for people that need them.

He believes in sanctions for Iran, tough on China who has been bilking us for years, Knowing that China and Japan he believes there should be a 20% tax on imports. Watch the manufacturing come back!

Building a great wall between our southern border. Invite foreign scholars to our colleges and then keep them here.

These are issues that strike the common sense of most voters. We have been promised a border for decades. Illegals are costing us billions every year.

And I would guess that he can do these things. He won't be beholden to anyone. No bribing this politician!

Even if he doesn't last, that kind of support will show the GOP that their base is tired of the establishment way. Other candidates would do well to heed that sentiment.

Last edited:
Even if he doesn't last, that kind of support will show the GOP that their base is tired of of the establishment way. Other candidates would do well to heed that sentiment.
If nothing else, that is something that will only improve present day politics. No more PC! Build that fence!

Need we say more?

hZp2vL1.jpg

Racism, misogny, xenophobia, scaring old white people...
I don't see it that way. You are one of the PC people. I see him as a doer...and for the country rather than his own legacies or wallet.

Last edited:
So where is the racism? That he believes illegal running across the border is bad? It is. Ask any immigrant who came over legally.
Misogyny? He called some woman a fat pig. That's not nice, but it doesn't deny him a role on the debate panel.
Xenophobia> he probably has more foreign friends than you do.
Scaring old white people? With what?

I don't see it that way. You are one of the PC people. I see him as a doer...and fir the country rather than his own legacies or wallet.
Sure, believe that.
Okay, I sure will. lol.
Not like he was once a liberal or anything.
I just think the guy was not political. He just gamed the system to prosper his businesses.

And he can do that same thing when negotiating with foreign countries.

Even if he doesn't last, that kind of support will show the GOP that their base is tired of of the establishment way. Other candidates would do well to heed that sentiment.
What's more important I think is voters learn you START yelling and COMPLAINING loudly you get heard. Trump is saying what many posters on this board have been saying for a long time.

Trump has re-fired the voice of the people the will of the people the demands of the people. He gets heard and so far establishment politicos say ignore him or ban him but he GROWS.

He grows because it's OUR voice OUR dream OUR country. He's an asshole sure. But he is OUR asshole.

Last edited:
He's crass at times, has an ego as big as a house, has been clobbered by the media in a debate, yet he surges in the polls.

I believe that the people are tired of politicians work to ingratiate themselves instead working on behalf of the country. They are tired of lies from their president and representatives. And they are tired of special groups like "feminism," "amnesty" groups and "black lives matter" are examples. They want what the founding fathers represented.

Trump has the fortitude to tell it like it is, the hell with Political Correctness. And that is what the main stream voter wants. It could be a Republicans ,Independent or Democrat. It is definitely refreshing.

He talks about what is bringing this country down. Illegal Immigration (and the real immigrants who followed the rules --and vote-- like that, too), he wants trade between countries to be fair. He wants manufacturing brought back to the US. He wants jobs for people that need them.

He believes in sanctions for Iran, tough on China who has been bilking us for years, Knowing that China and Japan he believes there should be a 20% tax on imports. Watch the manufacturing come back!

Building a great wall between our southern border. Invite foreign scholars to our colleges and then keep them here.

These are issues that strike the common sense of most voters. We have been promised a border for decades. Illegals are costing us billions every year.

And I would guess that he can do these things. He won't be beholden to anyone. No bribing this politician!

His absolute best quality is he makes liberals heads explode, I love it.

So where is the racism? That he believes illegal running across the border is bad? It is. Ask any immigrant who came over legally.
Misogyny? He called some woman a fat pig. That's not nice, but it doesn't deny him a role on the debate panel.
Xenophobia> he probably has more foreign friends than you do.
Scaring old white people? With what?
Where are you, David?

The appeal of trump is this....we gave the republicans landslide victories, historic landslide victories in the off year elections.....and the establishment republicans didn't do anything with it. They could have defunded obamacare, they could have kept obama from doing some of the stupid things he has done....and they did none of it. We supported Bush during the war, only to find out that WMD stockpiles were found, but he was pursuaded by his people that bringing it up was unnecessary...even though that left people who supported the war hung out to dry....and then when we are told that John Roberts was a conservative justice, and that he would stop obamacare.....he creates new reasons to save it....twice...........

We want illegal immigration stopped....not legal, but illegal immigration...and the republicans have done nothing to stop it...

When Bush was trying to get judges appointed the democrats blocked them....we had the majority in the Senate and instead of pushing the judges through, establishment nut John McCain got a group together to stop it.........

Every step of the way we have won elections for the Republicans and they have stabbed us in the back...

Trump is not an establishment republican, and he is being attacked by the very republicans who have screwed us over time and time again......so we are not supporting him....but expressing anger and frustration at boehner, mcconnel and the other sell outs......

The appeal of trump is this....we gave the republicans landslide victories, historic landslide victories in the off year elections.....and the establishment republicans didn't do anything with it. They could have defunded obamacare, they could have kept obama from doing some of the stupid things he has done....and they did none of it. We supported Bush during the war, only to find out that WMD stockpiles were found, but he was pursuaded by his people that bringing it up was unnecessary...even though that left people who supported the war hung out to dry....and then when we are told that John Roberts was a conservative justice, and that he would stop obamacare.....he creates new reasons to save it....twice...........

We want illegal immigration stopped....not legal, but illegal immigration...and the republicans have done nothing to stop it...

When Bush was trying to get judges appointed the democrats blocked them....we had the majority in the Senate and instead of pushing the judges through, establishment nut John McCain got a group together to stop it.........

Every step of the way we have won elections for the Republicans and they have stabbed us in the back...

Trump is not an establishment republican, and he is being attacked by the very republicans who have screwed us over time and time again......so we are not supporting him....but expressing anger and frustration at boehner, mcconnel and the other sell outs......
I agree with you, 2aguy. I have out my name on a petition to get rid of Boehner.

And another thing....we are tired of electing republicans who tell us "I can reach across the aisle..." As was pointed out....you never, ever hear democrats talk about..."Reaching across the aisle..." they simply tell us what they are going to do and how evil republicans are.......and then our republicans sit there and say nothing when they are called the most vile of things....

Like when the asshole said that republicans are siding with the Iranian monsters because they want to stop his fake treaty with them.......we have had to listen to that crap for decades.....and we are tired of republicans sitting there with smiles on their faces talking about getting along with democrats....instead of exercising their power the way the democrats do....

Trump doesn't back down at the slightest look of disapproval from the democrats or the media.....if he says something, and the media attacks him....he fights back......

Look up the problems with General McClellan from the civil war......he pretty much represents everything wrong with today's establishment republicans....they have an army and they refuse to engage the democrats...

Trump gives the appearance of being a Grant....or a Sherman......unafraid to win the fight....

Forum List

Back