What is the Allure of Trump?

And another thing....we are tired of electing republicans who tell us "I can reach across the aisle..." As was pointed out....you never, ever hear democrats talk about..."Reaching across the aisle..." they simply tell us what they are going to do and how evil republicans are.......and then our republicans sit there and say nothing when they are called the most vile of things....

Like when the asshole said that republicans are siding with the Iranian monsters because they want to stop his fake treaty with them.......we have had to listen to that crap for decades.....and we are tired of republicans sitting there with smiles on their faces talking about getting along with democrats....instead of exercising their power the way the democrats do....

Trump doesn't back down at the slightest look of disapproval from the democrats or the media.....if he says something, and the media attacks him....he fights back......

Look up the problems with General McClellan from the civil war......he pretty much represents everything wrong with today's establishment republicans....they have an army and they refuse to engage the democrats...

Trump gives the appearance of being a Grant....or a Sherman......unafraid to win the fight....
You go!:thewave: :udaman:

If the other candidates had been standing up to the Nazi Democrats, Trump would not even be a factore right now. They just don't get it. The Republican establishment is in bed with the left and we won't be fooled any more. It's time to purge the RINOS.

If the other candidates had been standing up to the Nazi Democrats, Trump would not even be a factore right now. They just don't get it. The Republican establishment is in bed with the left and we won't be fooled any more. It's time to purge the RINOS.
Especially Boehner and McConnell!

He's crass at times, has an ego as big as a house, has been clobbered by the media in a debate, yet he surges in the polls.

Just what is this phenomenon about?

I believe that the people are tired of politicians work to ingratiate themselves instead working on behalf of the country. They are tired of lies from their president and representatives. And they are tired of special groups like "feminism," "amnesty" groups and "black lives matter" are examples. They want what the founding fathers represented.

Trump has the fortitude to tell it like it is, the hell with Political Correctness. And that is what the main stream voter wants. It could be a Republicans ,Independent or Democrat. It is definitely refreshing.

He talks about what is bringing this country down. Illegal Immigration (and the real immigrants who followed the rules --and vote-- like that, too), he wants trade between countries to be fair. He wants manufacturing brought back to the US. He wants jobs for people that need them.

He believes in sanctions for Iran, tough on China who has been bilking us for years, Knowing that China and Japan he believes there should be a 20% tax on imports. Watch the manufacturing come back!

Building a great wall between our southern border. Invite foreign scholars to our colleges and then keep them here.

These are issues that strike the common sense of most voters. We have been promised a border for decades. Illegals are costing us billions every year.

And I would guess that he can do these things. He won't be beholden to anyone. No bribing this politician!

The appeal of trump is this....we gave the republicans landslide victories, historic landslide victories in the off year elections.....and the establishment republicans didn't do anything with it. They could have defunded obamacare, they could have kept obama from doing some of the stupid things he has done....and they did none of it. We supported Bush during the war, only to find out that WMD stockpiles were found, but he was pursuaded by his people that bringing it up was unnecessary...even though that left people who supported the war hung out to dry....and then when we are told that John Roberts was a conservative justice, and that he would stop obamacare.....he creates new reasons to save it....twice...........

We want illegal immigration stopped....not legal, but illegal immigration...and the republicans have done nothing to stop it...

When Bush was trying to get judges appointed the democrats blocked them....we had the majority in the Senate and instead of pushing the judges through, establishment nut John McCain got a group together to stop it.........

Every step of the way we have won elections for the Republicans and they have stabbed us in the back...

Trump is not an establishment republican, and he is being attacked by the very republicans who have screwed us over time and time again......so we are not supporting him....but expressing anger and frustration at boehner, mcconnel and the other sell outs......
I agree with you, 2aguy. I have out my name on a petition to get rid of Boehner.
My feelings towards both parties right now is about the same. We are standing between two broken down buildings and looking to erect a new one.

A new one is fine but look at the hood we are building in. We need to clean up BOTH existing buildings of it's failures or frauds because Mansions built between ghetto's are not worth much.

One of the best guys who talks about this very issue is Mark Levin.....he voices the anger and irritation at the republican establismment....notice something else as well...who is defending Trump, if not his actual campaign but his right to be there and his voicing about the anger....Rush, Hannity, Michael Savage, Mike Gallagher, and today I saw Laura Ingraham on Special Report on Fox. She tried to explain to Krauthammer and the lefty on the panel that there was legitimate anger and frustration in the republican rank and file...and that the people were good people, and should not be attacked by the elites in the republican party...they didn't listen.....

Here is Mark Levin....

Mark Levin Conservatives Sick of Media Democrats GOP Joining Forces

....Karl Rove and their ilk, the Republican establishment in Washington, DC–an enormously powerful force that really has only been beaten two times in my life: by Barry Goldwater and Ronald Reagan. You’re sick of them.

You’re sick of them not doing what you elected them to do. You’re sick of them lying to you. You’re sick of them attacking everybody who doesn’t agree with them through their surrogates. You’re sick of how they treat people who dare to challenge them in Republican primaries.

You’re tired of so-called conservative commentators on TV and elsewhere who serve as their surrogates while they pretend to be conservatives. You know that they’re pushing Jeb Bush or John Kasich and so forth. You know that they sneer at you, the kamikaze conservatives, the angry conservative base, that they have to figure out somehow, some way to get around you to nominate another establishment Republican. This is infuriating you. You don’t feel you have a home and you don’t feel that there’s a party that stands up for you.

There are extremely wealthy millionaire GOP consultants and donors who spend their time managing the Republican Party, trying to figure out how to control you. They work very very close with the very wealthy Chamber of Commerce which funds their candidates as long as they get the kind of legislation they want–and again, while they’re ridiculing you and anybody who dares to challenge them, whether in the media or in politics. And their mouthpieces are everywhere…

Then there’s the left–Obama. You’re watching these people fundamentally destroy your society, your country. A country you love. A country we love–that our ancestors built! You’re watching them violate our Constitution, violate our rule of law, and they do it brazenly, and they do it willy-nilly, and they laugh at us, and they lie to us. And very few Republicans will stand up to them. In fact, they attack us more than they attack them.

[Democrats] actually had a president of the United States who raped a woman, who sexually assaulted women – including in the Oval Office! He’s their most beloved politician to this day.

And I have to hear for 48 hours if Donald Trump meant that one of the moderators, Megyn Kelly, was having a problem because she was menstruating. He says “no,” others say “yes.” I say, “what the hell is going on with our country?”

He's crass at times, has an ego as big as a house, has been clobbered by the media in a debate, yet he surges in the polls.

I believe that the people are tired of politicians work to ingratiate themselves instead working on behalf of the country. They are tired of lies from their president and representatives. And they are tired of special groups like "feminism," "amnesty" groups and "black lives matter" are examples. They want what the founding fathers represented.

Trump has the fortitude to tell it like it is, the hell with Political Correctness. And that is what the main stream voter wants. It could be a Republicans ,Independent or Democrat. It is definitely refreshing.

He talks about what is bringing this country down. Illegal Immigration (and the real immigrants who followed the rules --and vote-- like that, too), he wants trade between countries to be fair. He wants manufacturing brought back to the US. He wants jobs for people that need them.

He believes in sanctions for Iran, tough on China who has been bilking us for years, Knowing that China and Japan he believes there should be a 20% tax on imports. Watch the manufacturing come back!

Building a great wall between our southern border. Invite foreign scholars to our colleges and then keep them here.

These are issues that strike the common sense of most voters. We have been promised a border for decades. Illegals are costing us billions every year.

And I would guess that he can do these things. He won't be beholden to anyone. No bribing this politician!

The appeal of trump is this....we gave the republicans landslide victories, historic landslide victories in the off year elections.....and the establishment republicans didn't do anything with it. They could have defunded obamacare, they could have kept obama from doing some of the stupid things he has done....and they did none of it. We supported Bush during the war, only to find out that WMD stockpiles were found, but he was pursuaded by his people that bringing it up was unnecessary...even though that left people who supported the war hung out to dry....and then when we are told that John Roberts was a conservative justice, and that he would stop obamacare.....he creates new reasons to save it....twice...........

We want illegal immigration stopped....not legal, but illegal immigration...and the republicans have done nothing to stop it...

When Bush was trying to get judges appointed the democrats blocked them....we had the majority in the Senate and instead of pushing the judges through, establishment nut John McCain got a group together to stop it.........

Every step of the way we have won elections for the Republicans and they have stabbed us in the back...

Trump is not an establishment republican, and he is being attacked by the very republicans who have screwed us over time and time again......so we are not supporting him....but expressing anger and frustration at boehner, mcconnel and the other sell outs......
I agree with you, 2aguy. I have out my name on a petition to get rid of Boehner.
My feelings towards both parties right now is about the same. We are standing between two broken down buildings and looking to erect a new one.

A new one is fine but look at the hood we are building in. We need to clean up BOTH existing buildings of it's failures or frauds because Mansions built between ghetto's are not worth much.

It's interesting that only Republicans are talking about renewing their party. The Democrats evidently are fine with the bribes, back room deals and other corruption. The Republicans may in the future, if we have more like Trump, be known as The party of Honesty.

The rise of Trump will mean the fall of the far right.

He will abandon them and their goals when expedient.

As I document in another thread, he firmly believes in national health care.

Megyn Kelly doesn't realize what she did to herself.....I wonder if she has a past with Trump because by attacking him, she has turned off a lot of people who were predisposed to like her. She always seemed tough, and not just on republicans, but democrats, and conservatives liked that....but with the way she conducted herself against trump.....we aren't democrats...who vote for their guy simply because he is a democrat...she may have wrecked her show....

Republicans, including the far right, vote for Republicans, just like the Democrats do on the far left. The outliers are the exceptions that prove the point.

Megyn Kelly doesn't realize what she did to herself.....I wonder if she has a past with Trump because by attacking him, she has turned off a lot of people who were predisposed to like her. She always seemed tough, and not just on republicans, but democrats, and conservatives liked that....but with the way she conducted herself against trump.....we aren't democrats...who vote for their guy simply because he is a democrat...she may have wrecked her show....
Here's hoping. The networks and all media have to be taught a lesson.

It's interesting that only Republicans are talking about renewing their party. The Democrats evidently are fine with the bribes, back room deals and other corruption. The Republicans may in the future, if we have more like Trump, be known as The party of Honesty.

Now that's funny.

The party of honesty. You have a great number of Republicants here (and elsewhere) claiming that Trump didn't say anything wrong about Ms. Kelly when he said "she had blood coming out of her....whatever".

Of course they did. Trump didn't say anything about a period.

Fact is, he didn't say anything about Megyn Kelly's menstrual cycle.

After the comment:
I dont give a damn what anyone else thinks or says anymore. Im sick and tired of the rep establishment machine headed by Fox news.

Link? Proof? Video? Audio? Quotes?
Was Trump wrong...........was she in the cycle?

Either you're 4 years old or you are being intentionally dishonest if you pretend that you do not know what he was talking about.

In trying to construct a party of honesty, why not try being honest with yourself first? Just a thought.

Now that's funny.

The party of honesty. You have a great number of Republicants here (and elsewhere) claiming that Trump didn't say anything wrong about Ms. Kelly when he said "she had blood coming out of her....whatever".

After the comment:
I dont give a damn what anyone else thinks or says anymore. Im sick and tired of the rep establishment machine headed by Fox news.

Either you're 4 years old or you are being intentionally dishonest if you pretend that you do not know what he was talking about.

In trying to construct a party of honesty, why not try being honest with yourself first? Just a thought.

why not try being honest with yourself first?

That is hilarious coming from a lefty......

One of the best guys who talks about this very issue is Mark Levin.....he voices the anger and irritation at the republican establismment....notice something else as well...who is defending Trump, if not his actual campaign but his right to be there and his voicing about the anger....Rush, Hannity, Michael Savage, Mike Gallagher, and today I saw Laura Ingraham on Special Report on Fox. She tried to explain to Krauthammer and the lefty on the panel that there was legitimate anger and frustration in the republican rank and file...and that the people were good people, and should not be attacked by the elites in the republican party...they didn't listen.....

Here is Mark Levin....

Mark Levin Conservatives Sick of Media Democrats GOP Joining Forces

....Karl Rove and their ilk, the Republican establishment in Washington, DC–an enormously powerful force that really has only been beaten two times in my life: by Barry Goldwater and Ronald Reagan. You’re sick of them.

You’re sick of them not doing what you elected them to do. You’re sick of them lying to you. You’re sick of them attacking everybody who doesn’t agree with them through their surrogates. You’re sick of how they treat people who dare to challenge them in Republican primaries.

You’re tired of so-called conservative commentators on TV and elsewhere who serve as their surrogates while they pretend to be conservatives. You know that they’re pushing Jeb Bush or John Kasich and so forth. You know that they sneer at you, the kamikaze conservatives, the angry conservative base, that they have to figure out somehow, some way to get around you to nominate another establishment Republican. This is infuriating you. You don’t feel you have a home and you don’t feel that there’s a party that stands up for you.

There are extremely wealthy millionaire GOP consultants and donors who spend their time managing the Republican Party, trying to figure out how to control you. They work very very close with the very wealthy Chamber of Commerce which funds their candidates as long as they get the kind of legislation they want–and again, while they’re ridiculing you and anybody who dares to challenge them, whether in the media or in politics. And their mouthpieces are everywhere…

Then there’s the left–Obama. You’re watching these people fundamentally destroy your society, your country. A country you love. A country we love–that our ancestors built! You’re watching them violate our Constitution, violate our rule of law, and they do it brazenly, and they do it willy-nilly, and they laugh at us, and they lie to us. And very few Republicans will stand up to them. In fact, they attack us more than they attack them.

[Democrats] actually had a president of the United States who raped a woman, who sexually assaulted women – including in the Oval Office! He’s their most beloved politician to this day.

And I have to hear for 48 hours if Donald Trump meant that one of the moderators, Megyn Kelly, was having a problem because she was menstruating. He says “no,” others say “yes.” I say, “what the hell is going on with our country?”
You speak the truth of real patriots. I wonder if some Democrats actually feel the same way. The system is broken,

When politicians get into office from a career with a mediocre salary and come out of office millionaires (example - Reid)...something is seriously wrong.

Now that's funny.

After the comment:

The truth is, Trump can be crass. If he meant something about her cycle, he would have said, "Kelly is certainly on the rag." You know that and I know that...)

Now that's funny.

After the comment:

why not try being honest with yourself first?

That is hilarious coming from a lefty......
And you prove her point.

Now that's funny.

After the comment:

The truth is, Trump can be crass. If he meant something about her cycle, he would have said, "Kelly is certainly on the rag."
Disingenuous does not wear well on you. Be honest.

Now that's funny.

After the comment:

The truth is, Trump can be crass. If he meant something about her cycle, he would have said, "Kelly is certainly on the rag."

Don't know what would be sadder; that you're being intentionally this idiotic or that you may possibly be this stupid without trying.

Please continue...

PS:

The allure of Trump to the GOP is that he combines tractor pulls and politics.
The allure of Trump to the DEMs is that he continues to drive wedges between the GOP establishment and the base and it's fun to watch.

Now that's funny.

After the comment:

Disingenuous does not wear well on you. Be honest.
I am honest. When he said that about blood coming out everywhere, I thought he was talking as in a beast. Blood coming out of her eyes, ears and nose, as in Satan. Satan does not have periods.

Now that's funny.

After the comment:

Does Trump give up his right to free speech because he is running for president? NO
Does freedom of speech mean freedom from insult? NO
As a matter of fact speech that DOES offend you is the best gauge OF that freedom.

Forum List

Back