What is the best concert you've been to?

Billy Joel is not a "hack."

I respectfully disagree...

Billy Joel has had popular success way fuckin' beyond what his meager talent deserves...

I like to listen to a tune several times in a row each time blocking out everything but a particular instrument. With the following tune I like to just listen to the piano while blocking out everything else. I find Joel's piano playing to be very entertaining. Then you add the fact that he has to play that piano while singing and remembering the words to the story he's telling and I can't help but hear a very talented musician. I think this is a classic song that will live on for a long time:

Piano Man by Billy Joel:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxEPV4kolz0]Billy Joel - Piano Man - YouTube[/ame]

yeah... gotta admit, I kinda liked Billy Joel's first big hit when it first came out...

but then, after having heard it several hundreds of times since then, I wouldn't mind if I never heard it again...

Last edited:
Would be hard pressed to say what the "best" concert I've ever been to would be. Here are some of the ones I truly enjoyed:

1. A John Denver concert in Philadelphia.
2. Attended numerous Statler Brother concerts. They were all very good.
3. George Strait/Conway Twitty concert was really good.
4. Barry Manilow concert was good.
5. A Gene Watson concert I attended was good.

There are many others but they don't come to mind right now.

sounds like you've led a rather sheltered life, BBD...

jes' sayin'... :)

No, not really. I just don't like my music to sound like a train wreck.

Priest on the Painkiller tour in 1990 with Megadeth sportin' their new Rust in Piece wares in support, and Testament sportin' their new stuff from Souls of Black in support of both of them, by far.

Wish I'd have caught Guns 'N' Roses opening for Maiden on the Seventh Son tour in '88. Will never be able to live down that regret.

Would be hard pressed to say what the "best" concert I've ever been to would be. Here are some of the ones I truly enjoyed:

1. A John Denver concert in Philadelphia.
2. Attended numerous Statler Brother concerts. They were all very good.
3. George Strait/Conway Twitty concert was really good.
4. Barry Manilow concert was good.
5. A Gene Watson concert I attended was good.

There are many others but they don't come to mind right now.

sounds like you've led a rather sheltered life, BBD...

jes' sayin'... :)

No, not really. I just don't like my music to sound like a train wreck.

lol... go take a nap, Mister Excitement... :)

My best concert, as far as sheer musicianship and enjoyment would be either The Richard Thompson Band at Vicar Street , Dublin 2007 , or Steve Winwood and his band in 2010, also in Dublin.

Forum List

Back