What Is The Democrat Party Vision For America?

Is it the same as Lincoln's, or the Republican's?????
Let's explore exactly what that vision was....and is.

1. From the jump......
The Democrat Party requires an explanation more so than does Lincoln.
Lincoln was the first President from the party created to end slavery, and fight the Democrats to do it.
But for Lincoln and the Republicans, just as it was for the Founders, having the nation survive came first.

2.For the Democrats, the calculation was exactly the opposite: they wanted slavery to survive, and would have been perfectly happy to see two nations, one in the South, one in the North.

Today’s Democrat Party is identical in this view of America, as their desire for open borders, no borders, means the same thing: no America.

There can be no clearer statement of the Democrat intentions than the word of their candidate who ran against Lincoln:
Illinois Democrat Stephen Douglas, of the famous Lincoln-Douglas Debates. Northern Democrat Stephen Douglas made his feelings clear:

“Now, I do not believe that the Almighty ever intended the negro to be the equal of the white man. …. He belongs to an inferior race, and must always occupy an inferior position.

I believe this government was made on the white basis. I believe it was made by white men for the benefit of white men and their posterity for ever; and I am in favor of confining citizenship to white men, ….”
In the First Debate with Lincoln
In the First Debate with Lincoln by Stephen Arnold Douglas. America: II. (1818-1865). Vol. IX. Bryan, William Jennings, ed. 1906. The World's Famous Orations

And,...no....there never was any 'flip' of the racial policies of the two parties.

3.Due to the Democrat’s resistance to freeing their slaves, Lincoln had to make a calculation, a choice, between saving the Union, or freeing the slaves….leaving the latter for a later date.

Here’s the offer he made to the Democrats:
“As to the policy I "seem to be pursuing" as you say, I have not meant to leave any one in doubt.
I would save the Union.
If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them.

If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that.

I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free.” Abraham Lincoln's Letter to Horace Greeley

So, Lincoln would accede to the wishes of the Democrat Party to save America as a nation.

But…..there were two distinct and very different views in that Democrat Party.

Next.
It would appear that at least half the Founding Fathers believed as Stephen Douglas did.."I believe this government was made on the white basis. I believe it was made by white men for the benefit of white men and their posterity for ever; and I am in favor of confining citizenship to white men, ….”

However, you make the mistake of ignoring the flip of both political parties in general currently, and also of the agreements of bipartisanship on the issue a anti-slavery down thru the years.

Losing more democrats to trump. Lol

Kentucky voter registration stats say no. A ‘blue wave’? Kentucky voter registration stats say no

Evans is one of thousands of Kentucky voters who have switched their registrations to Republican in recent years. Since Trump took office in January 2017, Democrats have lost more than 2,500 registered voters statewide while Republicans have added more than 58,000. This year, for the first time in memory, Democrats fell below 50 percent of all registered voters in the state.
I never predict. But I AM hoping for a blue wave.

D%20Defense%2099020180626010626.jpg

One must be a moron to wish to go back to the Obama economy.

"You want a vision of America for the Democrat Party?"

If 'you' is the specif 'you',,,meaning me.....no, I really don't.

I want the America we envisioned when we voted for President Trump.
What American vision is that? More government solutions? Do you realize that is what he is offering?

Yes, yes. I get the deregulation and tax cuts and keeping the progressives out of the SCOTUS. But really, given the budget he signed and his willingness to cave on issues regarding federal spending? Not a vision I want, which is why I did not vote for him.

Let Me see him reduce or eliminate a few branches of government and end spending dollars on foreign countries who hate us, and put an end to baseline budgeting.

I'll reconsider him then.

See if this helps.

60. "US private sector added 250,000 jobs in Dec, vs estimate of 190,000: ADP

The report helped send the Dow to break the 25,000 mark for the first time."

Private sector job creation surged in December as holiday shopping boomed

61. "Hispanic unemployment at all-time low under Trump" Hispanic unemployment at all-time low under Trump

"Black Unemployment Rate Lowest in 17 Years"
Black Unemployment Rate Lowest in 17 Years

Maybe you remember this nightmare:
Tavis Smiley: 'Black People Will Have Lost Ground in Every Single Economic Indicator' Under Obama
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-s...st-ground-every-single-economic#ixzz2hihAOpVl
62."Customers Get A Break As Utilities' Tax Bill Drops
Tax savings for the industry are expected to be substantial. The Penn Wharton Budget Model at the University of Pennsylvania said utilities will pay $1.1 billion less in taxes this year than if the law had not been enacted, $1.9 billion less in 2019 and more than $5 billion less in 2020.
Numerous state regulatory agencies in the U.S. are similarly cutting rates to reflect lower taxes."
Customers Get A Break As Utilities' Tax Bill Drops
63. "U.S. Manufacturing Output Rose in December for Fourth Month
...the strongest quarter since 2010 and underscoring a resurgence in manufacturing that’s primed for further advances, Federal Reserve data showed Wednesday.
Factory output increased at a 7 percent annualized rate in the fourth quarter,..."
U.S. Manufacturing Output Rose in December for Fourth Month

This....since we got rid of that dead weight President, Hussein

What happens when you kick out the tax-and-spend Democrats?
This:

64. "It looks like Apple is bringing back home nearly all of its $250 billion in foreign cash

Trump.....unbelievable!!!!

He won again!!!!

65. "China's Xi Jinping says tariffs on car imports will be cut this year

Chinese President Xi Jinping on Tuesday said his government would "significantly lower" tariffs on vehicle imports this year as part of efforts to further open its giant economy to the world.

The pledge addresses one of the gripes of US President Donald Trump, who has threatened to impose new tariffs on $150 billion of Chinese goods in a trade dispute between the world's two largest economies. Experts cautioned, though, that Xi's comments may not do much to resolve the conflict, which has rocked markets in recent weeks."

China's Xi Jinping says tariffs on car imports will be cut this year

No wonder the Left hates him!!!!!!

66. Can you imagine the ticker-tape parades if Hussein had had these achievements??????

"Jobless claims rise modestly; Americans receiving unemployment aid lowest since 1973

67. Hispanic-Latino Unemployment Rate Hits Lowest Level on Record in June Hispanic-Latino Unemployment Rate Hits Lowest Level on Record in June
68. “GREAT AGAIN: More Jobs than WORKERS for the First Time In US HISTORY” GREAT AGAIN: More Jobs than WORKERS for the First Time In US HISTORY | Sean Hannity

69. "Dow surges more than 150 points in sudden move after Trump reportedly gets concessions from EU to avoid a trade war"

Dow surges more than 150 points after Trump reportedly gets concessions from EU to avoid a trade war

70. "U.S. Growth Hits 4.1%, Fastest Since 2014, in Win for Trump"

Terms of Service Violation

“We are now on track to reach GDP annual growth of over 3%... Each point, by the way, means approximately $3 trillion and 10 million jobs,” @POTUS says https://cbsn.ws/2JZ4YIt

CBS News on Twitter

71. "Pence and other Trump enthusiasts can point to increasing macroeconomic growth. Growth rose 4.1 percent in the second quarter and is up more than 3 percent for the year. Unemployment was down to 3.9 percent in July. The S&P 500 stock index is up 6 percent since the Trump presidency, while the rest of the world's stock markets are down 6 percent. These are numbers any recent administration would boast about.

More notable are positive trends among subgroups that weren't doing so well before Trump took office. Former Obama administration chief economic adviser Jason Furman, writing for Vox, notes that in the past three years "recent wage growth ... at the low end of the wage scale" is stronger than growth among the higher-paid. Similarly, Bloomberg columnist and portfolio manager Conor Sen makes the point that job growth has been greatest among "goods-producing workers and the least-educated workers."

Michael Barone - Has Trump Delivered on His Economic Promises?

72. “Atlanta Fed predicts 5% jump in economic growth for third quarter The central bank district estimates that GDP will increase 5 percent for the July-to-September period, according to an update posted Wednesday.

If the forecast is accurate, it will come on top of a strong 4.1 percent second quarter…” Atlanta Fed predicts 5% jump in economic growth for third quarter

73. “Economy adds more jobs than expected in August, and wage growth hits post-recession high”
Economy adds more jobs than expected in August, and wage growth hits post-recession high

But it’s not just Trump giving himself credit for the strong economy – economists are as well.

74. “But it’s not just Trump giving himself credit for the strong economy – economists are as well. CNBC called the American economy a “tremendous achievement” for Trump, highlighting that “during his time in office, the economy has achieved feats most experts thought impossible. GDP is growing at a 3-percent plus rate. The unemployment rate is near a 50-year low. Meanwhile, the stock market has jumped 27 percent amid a surge in corporate profits.” Obama Complains About Trump Taking Credit for Strong Economy

Yes, yes. But jobs are a laging indicator and the truth is, some of the statements by the left about these jobs being a reflection of Obama holds some truth.

The deregulation and tax cuts have helped immensly in giving a boost and building a solid foundation for this new economy and that can be attributed to the enviroment that Trump as created. I support the guy when he does conservative things.

However, that does not mean he is a conservative.

What American vision is that? More government solutions? Do you realize that is what he is offering?

Yes, yes. I get the deregulation and tax cuts and keeping the progressives out of the SCOTUS. But really, given the budget he signed and his willingness to cave on issues regarding federal spending? Not a vision I want, which is why I did not vote for him.

Let Me see him reduce or eliminate a few branches of government and end spending dollars on foreign countries who hate us, and put an end to baseline budgeting.

See if this helps.

61. "Hispanic unemployment at all-time low under Trump" Hispanic unemployment at all-time low under Trump

Tavis Smiley: 'Black People Will Have Lost Ground in Every Single Economic Indicator' Under Obama
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-s...st-ground-every-single-economic#ixzz2hihAOpVl
Tax savings for the industry are expected to be substantial. The Penn Wharton Budget Model at the University of Pennsylvania said utilities will pay $1.1 billion less in taxes this year than if the law had not been enacted, $1.9 billion less in 2019 and more than $5 billion less in 2020.
Numerous state regulatory agencies in the U.S. are similarly cutting rates to reflect lower taxes."
...the strongest quarter since 2010 and underscoring a resurgence in manufacturing that’s primed for further advances, Federal Reserve data showed Wednesday.
Factory output increased at a 7 percent annualized rate in the fourth quarter,..."

This:

64. "It looks like Apple is bringing back home nearly all of its $250 billion in foreign cash

He won again!!!!

Chinese President Xi Jinping on Tuesday said his government would "significantly lower" tariffs on vehicle imports this year as part of efforts to further open its giant economy to the world.

The pledge addresses one of the gripes of US President Donald Trump, who has threatened to impose new tariffs on $150 billion of Chinese goods in a trade dispute between the world's two largest economies. Experts cautioned, though, that Xi's comments may not do much to resolve the conflict, which has rocked markets in recent weeks."

66. Can you imagine the ticker-tape parades if Hussein had had these achievements??????

"Jobless claims rise modestly; Americans receiving unemployment aid lowest since 1973

67. Hispanic-Latino Unemployment Rate Hits Lowest Level on Record in June Hispanic-Latino Unemployment Rate Hits Lowest Level on Record in June
68. “GREAT AGAIN: More Jobs than WORKERS for the First Time In US HISTORY” GREAT AGAIN: More Jobs than WORKERS for the First Time In US HISTORY | Sean Hannity

69. "Dow surges more than 150 points in sudden move after Trump reportedly gets concessions from EU to avoid a trade war"

Dow surges more than 150 points after Trump reportedly gets concessions from EU to avoid a trade war

“We are now on track to reach GDP annual growth of over 3%... Each point, by the way, means approximately $3 trillion and 10 million jobs,” @POTUS says https://cbsn.ws/2JZ4YIt

CBS News on Twitter

71. "Pence and other Trump enthusiasts can point to increasing macroeconomic growth. Growth rose 4.1 percent in the second quarter and is up more than 3 percent for the year. Unemployment was down to 3.9 percent in July. The S&P 500 stock index is up 6 percent since the Trump presidency, while the rest of the world's stock markets are down 6 percent. These are numbers any recent administration would boast about.

More notable are positive trends among subgroups that weren't doing so well before Trump took office. Former Obama administration chief economic adviser Jason Furman, writing for Vox, notes that in the past three years "recent wage growth ... at the low end of the wage scale" is stronger than growth among the higher-paid. Similarly, Bloomberg columnist and portfolio manager Conor Sen makes the point that job growth has been greatest among "goods-producing workers and the least-educated workers."

72. “Atlanta Fed predicts 5% jump in economic growth for third quarter The central bank district estimates that GDP will increase 5 percent for the July-to-September period, according to an update posted Wednesday.

If the forecast is accurate, it will come on top of a strong 4.1 percent second quarter…” Atlanta Fed predicts 5% jump in economic growth for third quarter

73. “Economy adds more jobs than expected in August, and wage growth hits post-recession high”
Economy adds more jobs than expected in August, and wage growth hits post-recession high

But it’s not just Trump giving himself credit for the strong economy – economists are as well.

74. “But it’s not just Trump giving himself credit for the strong economy – economists are as well. CNBC called the American economy a “tremendous achievement” for Trump, highlighting that “during his time in office, the economy has achieved feats most experts thought impossible. GDP is growing at a 3-percent plus rate. The unemployment rate is near a 50-year low. Meanwhile, the stock market has jumped 27 percent amid a surge in corporate profits.” Obama Complains About Trump Taking Credit for Strong Economy

Yes, yes. But jobs are a laging indicator and the truth is, some of the statements by the left about these jobs being a reflection of Obama holds some truth.

The deregulation and tax cuts have helped immensly in giving a boost and building a solid foundation for this new economy and that can be attributed to the enviroment that Trump as created. I support the guy when he does conservative things.

Not satisfied with the miraculous turn-around he engineered in the economy, than consider this question I've asked repeatedly of the board Leftists...and never received a cogent response:

What benefit did America, or the world, accrue by guaranteeing nuclear weapons to the world's worst state sponsor of terrorism?

"In a press conference Tuesday, Ambassador Nikki Haley announced the new focus by saying, “It’s hard to find a place where there is conflict and Iran isn’t in the middle of it.” Trump Set To Put Iran in Hot Seat At United Nations

Foreign policy alone should get you to praise Trump.

1. From the jump......
Lincoln was the first President from the party created to end slavery, and fight the Democrats to do it.
But for Lincoln and the Republicans, just as it was for the Founders, having the nation survive came first.

2.For the Democrats, the calculation was exactly the opposite: they wanted slavery to survive, and would have been perfectly happy to see two nations, one in the South, one in the North.

Today’s Democrat Party is identical in this view of America, as their desire for open borders, no borders, means the same thing: no America.

There can be no clearer statement of the Democrat intentions than the word of their candidate who ran against Lincoln:
Illinois Democrat Stephen Douglas, of the famous Lincoln-Douglas Debates. Northern Democrat Stephen Douglas made his feelings clear:

“Now, I do not believe that the Almighty ever intended the negro to be the equal of the white man. …. He belongs to an inferior race, and must always occupy an inferior position.

I believe this government was made on the white basis. I believe it was made by white men for the benefit of white men and their posterity for ever; and I am in favor of confining citizenship to white men, ….”
In the First Debate with Lincoln by Stephen Arnold Douglas. America: II. (1818-1865). Vol. IX. Bryan, William Jennings, ed. 1906. The World's Famous Orations

And,...no....there never was any 'flip' of the racial policies of the two parties.

3.Due to the Democrat’s resistance to freeing their slaves, Lincoln had to make a calculation, a choice, between saving the Union, or freeing the slaves….leaving the latter for a later date.

“As to the policy I "seem to be pursuing" as you say, I have not meant to leave any one in doubt.
I would save the Union.
If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them.

If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that.

I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free.” Abraham Lincoln's Letter to Horace Greeley

So, Lincoln would accede to the wishes of the Democrat Party to save America as a nation.

Next.
It would appear that at least half the Founding Fathers believed as Stephen Douglas did.."I believe this government was made on the white basis. I believe it was made by white men for the benefit of white men and their posterity for ever; and I am in favor of confining citizenship to white men, ….”

However, you make the mistake of ignoring the flip of both political parties in general currently, and also of the agreements of bipartisanship on the issue a anti-slavery down thru the years.

Kentucky voter registration stats say no. A ‘blue wave’? Kentucky voter registration stats say no

Evans is one of thousands of Kentucky voters who have switched their registrations to Republican in recent years. Since Trump took office in January 2017, Democrats have lost more than 2,500 registered voters statewide while Republicans have added more than 58,000. This year, for the first time in memory, Democrats fell below 50 percent of all registered voters in the state.

If you would unblock your profile, I'd be able to read more of your posts.

Please consider it.

1. From the jump......

I would save the Union.

Next.

If you would unblock your profile, I'd be able to read more of your posts.

Please consider it.

the donkey is presently and temporarily
seeking complete social breakdown

Darkwind

Obummer averaged a 1.9 GDP.

70% of gdp is based on consumer spending--consumer confidence. obummer cannot take credit for 2018 optimism.

Last edited:
3.To be fair, there were two distinct factions of Democrats, and this made Lincoln’s electoral victory possible:
there was Stephen Douglas, the Northern Democrat presidential candidate,
and John C. Breckinridge, the Southern Democrat presidential candidate.

Both, of course, were pro-slavery.

The split gave Lincoln his election victory.

4. The two wings of the political predator known as the Democrat Party:

a. There were the Peace Democrats, who wanted no war with the South….they wanted to allow what Stephen Douglas, their presidential candidate, called ‘popular sovereignty.’ Let them have slavery if they wanted it…..simply keep the union intact.

b. There were the War Democrats among the Northern Democrats who were Lincoln’s supporters in that they considered secession treason, and would fight any such attempt.

But….as Democrats, they certainly weren’t for freeing the slaves, or going to war over slavery.

Neither contingent of the Democrat Party was opposed to slavery, or of the South maintaining that policy.

Today’s Democrat Party hides it well, but is pretty much of the same view,
Bill Clinton, the personification of the Party, has been a racist his entire life.

Lincoln recognized which ‘wing’ was more dangerous...the Peace Democrats, of the War Democrats.

Can you?

See if this helps.

This:

He won again!!!!

CBS News on Twitter

Not satisfied with the miraculous turn-around he engineered in the economy, than consider this question I've asked repeatedly of the board Leftists...and never received a cogent response:

What benefit did America, or the world, accrue by guaranteeing nuclear weapons to the world's worst state sponsor of terrorism?

"In a press conference Tuesday, Ambassador Nikki Haley announced the new focus by saying, “It’s hard to find a place where there is conflict and Iran isn’t in the middle of it.” Trump Set To Put Iran in Hot Seat At United Nations

That is a deflection and you know it.

See if this helps.

This:

He won again!!!!

CBS News on Twitter

Be serious.

If you recognize the importance of Western Civilization, it is an overwhelming reason to give Trump credit.

They answered that in 2016 when they ran for President a felon who abandon Americans to die, enabled a sexual predator for almost all of her life, sold Russians uranium, and compromise National Security.

They answered that in 2016 when they ran for President a felon who abandon Americans to die, enabled a sexual predator for almost all of her life, sold Russians uranium, and compromise National Security.

Pretty much......

See if this helps.

This:

He won again!!!!

CBS News on Twitter

Be serious.

If you recognize the importance of Western Civilization, it is an overwhelming reason to give Trump credit.
Not really. He campaigned on allowing the Generals to decide military matters. That means he abdicated. He should listen to them and take their advice if it is sound, but never should a civilian government rubberstamp a military.

If they actually end up GIVING Hillary the nomination again in 2020 it shows their vision has not changed.

(Hopefully she will be in jail by then...or hiding out with Assange)

See if this helps.

This:

He won again!!!!

CBS News on Twitter

Be serious.

Not really. He campaigned on allowing the Generals to decide military matters. That means he abdicated. He should listen to them and take their advice if it is sound, but never should a civilian government rubberstamp a military.

Absurd of you to deny the facts.

Democratic vision for America

Truth, Justice and the American Way

Be serious.

Absurd of you to deny the facts.
absurd of you to attribute everything to a President who not three years ago, claimed had not that much influence on the economy.

Pick one and stick to it. That is all I'm saying.

Trump is no conservative, but he has done well for America. Now if he would only shut his fucking pie-hole I'd be happy.

Did you figure out that the Peace Democrats were the greatest threat to Lincoln?

5. “Republican newspapers dubbed Peace Democrats “Copperheads,” more a comment on their perceived poisonous character than a reference to their fraternal lapel pin, fashioned from copper pennies. Copperheads …harbored Southern sympathies. In simple terms, poor whites in cities did not want to fight for black freedom, not when former slaves would compete for jobs.

The Copperhead movement had found its leader and fount of energy in a handsome, gregarious 42-year-old Ohio congressman, Clement Vallandigham, whose political ambition and passion sparked what Lincoln called “the fire in the rear.”
The Fire in the Rear: Clement Vallandigham and the Copperheads | HistoryNet

6. Lincoln couldn’t have been more prescient about the danger of the Peace Democrats, the Copperheads:

Every presidential assassin in the history of the nation has been a liberal- or has not been associated with a political outlook- none were right-wingers.

John Wilkes Booth was opposed to President Lincoln’s Republican war policies. His letter to is family explained he was furious with Lincoln for having brought war to the South! THE MURDERER OF MR. LINCOLN.; Extraordinary Letter of John Wilkes Booth Proof that He Meditated His Crime Months Ago His Excuses for the Contemplated Act His Participation in the Execution of John Brown. Commissioners of Public Charities and Correction. Fires. The Seventh Ward Fire Note from Chief Engineer Decker.

Lincoln was assassinated by John Wilkes Booth, “…an angry Copperhead, a.k.a., ‘peace democrat,’ (when that meant pro-slavery, of course.) John Wilkes Booth - Liberapedia
http://liberapedia.wikia.com/wiki/John_Wilkes_Booth

"In the 1860s, the Copperheads comprised a vocal faction of Democrats in the Northern United States of the Union who opposed the American Civil War, wanting an immediate peace settlement with the Confederates. Republicans started calling anti-war Democrats "Copperheads", likening them to the venomous snake."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copperhead_(politics)

Remember....Northern Democrats, or Southern Democrats....all favored slavery.

This was just as true 100 years later....
Language is important, so in any discussion of who the segregationists were, liberals switch the word “Democrats” to “southerners.” Remember, the Civil Rights Act of 1957 was supported by all the Republicans in the Senate, but only 29 of 47 Democrats…and a number of the ‘segregationist’ Democrats were northern Dems (Oregon, Washington, Montana, and Wyoming). Not southerners: Democrats.

a. There were plenty of southern integrationists. They were Republicans.

Forum List

Back