What is the difference between any of these people and Jesus?

Arnold Potter was a man who claimed to be Jesus
I liked my one answer just fine
THIS QUESTION : If Arnold Potter, who claimed to be Jesus, had a book written about him, would you worship him like Jesus?
An elaboration would be nice

THIS QUESTION : If Arnold Potter, who claimed to be Jesus, had a book written about him, would you worship him like Jesus?

All you have are hypotheticals.

If a frog had wings would his ass hit the ground everytime he hopped?

Fact is, there is but one Jesus and no other has ever come close. So no matter who claims to be Him and no matter how many books are written, would I ever worship anyone besides the one true God.

Fact is, there is but one Jesus and no other has ever come close. So no matter who claims to be Him and no matter how many books are written, would I ever worship anyone besides the one true God.

But why?
What makes him different?
Obvioulsy the fact that he has a book has no effect, so what else is there?
Besides the book, what is different?
Just faith?

But why?
Just faith?

Read the Bible and figure it out for yourself.

But why?
Just faith?

Constantine and Theodosius I.

Without the Edict of Milan in 313 and the Edict of Thessalonica in 380, Christianity would have more than likely died out before the Dark Ages.

But why?
Just faith?

Without the Edict of Milan in 313 and the Edict of Thessalonica in 380, Christianity would have more than likely died out before the Dark Ages.

You make a good point, little off topic, but a good point. kudos
I dont know what the edict of milan is, but if it has any connection to the edict of thes, they just shoved the shit down their throats

But why?
Just faith?

I dont know what the edict of milan is, but if it has any connection to the edict of thes, they just shoved the shit down their throats

The Edict of Milan was basically a meeting of Christian clergy, called by Constantine, to hash out the differences between different Christian sects and come up with some uniformity of teaching and belief.

Without Constantine allowing all religions in Rome and Theodosius making it the official religion of the emprie, the Pope and the Catholic church would never have become the defacto power in Europe after Rome fell. Without that, Chrictianity would never have become so ingrained in Europe.

The vast majority of people who claim religion believe what their parents believe. Therefore I don't really think it's the 'book' that causes them to be Christians, but the tradition of being taught Christianity as children and then continuing the beliefs.

The Edict of Milan was basically a meeting of Christian clergy, called by Constantine, to hash out the differences between different Christian sects and come up with some uniformity of teaching and belief.

Without Constantine allowing all religions in Rome and Theodosius making it the official religion of the emprie, the Pope and the Catholic church would never have become the defacto power in Europe after Rome fell. Without that, Chrictianity would never have become so ingrained in Europe.

The vast majority of people who claim religion believe what their parents believe. Therefore I don't really think it's the 'book' that causes them to be Christians, but the tradition of being taught Christianity as children and then continuing the beliefs.

Good post! I concur

With all do respect, had it not been for Constantine, Theodosius I and a bit of luck, you'd more than like be Muslim now and you'd be defending Islam with the same ferver you're currently defending Christianity with.

With all do respect, had it not been for Constantine, Theodosius I and a bit of luck, you'd more than like be Muslim now and you'd be defending Islam with the same ferver you're currently defending Christianity with.

Had it not been for a a number of things , you and I wouldn't exist.

Fact is, you have no idea whether Christianity would have flourished without the two you mentioned. It's mere speculation on your part.

Fact is, you have no idea whether Christianity would have flourished without the two you mentioned. It's mere speculation on your part.

It's a bit more than speculation, but I understand your point.

My point is that many people have a need for religion in their lives. They need to believe in life after death, a greater power, divine direction, etc.

Therefore these people will be religious and will generally adopt the religion of their childhood. It's simply an accident of birth then as to what religion they follow.

My point is that many people have a need for religion in their lives. They need to believe in life after death, a greater power, divine direction, etc.

Therefore these people will be religious and will generally adopt the religion of their childhood. It's simply an accident of birth then as to what religion they follow.

It is pure speculation. You have no idea what would have been if not for Constantine and Theodosius. I'll concede that they helped further the cause of Christianity with Constantine making it legal and Theodosius making it the official religion.

Speaking for what people have a need for is more speculation.

You do not know what is in the hearts and minds of those seeking God.

You can speak for yourself but you cannot speak for others.

LL, you are good at defending your religion, but can not answer my simple question?

It is pure speculation. You have no idea what would have been if not for Constantine and Theodosius. I'll concede that they helped further the cause of Christianity with Constantine making it legal and Theodosius making it the official religion.

History, and the history of religion proves that many people need religion. Furthermore, since the vast majority of the religious folks on earth practice the religion of their parents, that can be proven as well.

History, and the history of religion proves that many people need religion. Furthermore, since the vast majority of the religious folks on earth practice the religion of their parents, that can be proven as well.

Needs are subjective. Perhaps it's not a need but a desire.

Needs are subjective. Perhaps it's not a need but a desire.

Perhaps we're splitting hairs because you know I'm correct.

Forum List

Back