What is the difference between any of these people and Jesus?

Yes scrolling up is so difficult.

"remarks such as "Challenging one's beliefs is scarey stuff" and " Far better to cling to the security blankets". If that's not meant to ridicule or insult then what is the intent?"

Its meant as a statement of fact.

It's far easier to nuzzle your security blanket (ie. deeply held beliefs) rather than challenge them by engaging in debate or by reading things that disagree with these beliefs and discussing them in a meaningful way.

You already stated that you refused to read the psychological studies that found religion to be a need because you calimed they were all probably BS. Therefore you refused to even remotely challenge your beliefs.

As I stated previously, I would have the same comments regardless of your religion, so I can't see how anyone would take them as a swipe at Christianity.

Finally, if you didn't want to discuss the subject, why did you join the thread?

If it's indeed a fact then you should be able to prove it.

I'll wait.

You
did prove it

It's far easier to nuzzle your security blanket (ie. deeply held beliefs) rather than challenge them by engaging in debate or by reading things that disagree with these beliefs and discussing them in a meaningful way.

You already stated that you refused to read the psychological studies that found religion to be a need because you calimed they were all probably BS. Therefore you refused to even remotely challenge your beliefs.

As I stated previously, I would have the same comments regardless of your religion, so I can't see how anyone would take them as a swipe at Christianity.

Finally, if you didn't want to discuss the subject, why did you join the thread?

I'll wait.

You
did prove it

You don't have a clue.

I'll pray for you.

The Son of God, according to him and the Bible
According to Bhagavata Purana some believe that Krishna was born without a sexual union, by “mental transmission” from the mind of Vasudeva into the womb of Devaki, his mother. Christ and Krishna were called both God and the Son of God. Both were sent from heaven to earth in the form of a man. Both were called Savior, and the second person of the Trinity. Krishna’s adoptive human father was also a carpenter. A spirit or ghost was their actual father. Krishna and Jesus were of royal descent. Both were visited at birth by wise men and shepherds, guided by a star. Angels in both cases issued a warning that the local dictator planned to kill the baby and had issued a decree for his assassination. The parents fled. Mary and Joseph stayed in Muturea; Krishna’s parents stayed in Mathura. Both Christ and Krishna withdrew to the wilderness as adults, and fasted. Both were identified as “the seed of the woman bruising the serpent’s head.” Jesus was called “the lion of the tribe of Judah.” Krishna was called “the lion of the tribe of Saki.” Both claimed: “I am the Resurrection.” Both were “without sin.” Both were god-men: being considered both human and divine. Both performed many miracles, including the healing of disease. One of the first miracles that both performed was to make a leper whole. Each cured “all manner of diseases.” Both cast out indwelling demons, and raised the dead. Both selected disciples to spread his teachings. Both were meek, and merciful. Both were criticized for associating with sinners. Both celebrated a last supper. Both forgave his enemies. Both were crucified and both were resurrected. 3200 -3100 B.C.

Romulus is born of a vestal virgin, which was a priestess of the hearth god Vesta sworn to celibacy. His mother claims that the divine impregnated her 771 - 717 B.C.

Dionysus was born of a virgin on December 25 and, as the Holy Child, was placed in a manger. He was a traveling teacher who performed miracles. Still alive. Supposedly betwen 2200 and 2500 years old.

Zoroaster was born of a virgin and “immaculate conception by a ray of divine reason.” He was baptized in a river. In his youth he astounded wise men with his wisdom. He was tempted in the wilderness by the devil. He began his ministry at age 30. Zoroaster baptized with water, fire and “holy wind.” He cast out demons and restored the sight to a blind man. He taught about heaven and hell, and revealed mysteries, including resurrection, judgment, salvation and the apocalypse. He had a sacred cup or grail. He was slain. His religion had a eucharist. He was the “Word made flesh.” Zoroaster’s followers expected a “second coming” in the virgin-born Saoshynt or Savior, who is to come in 2341 AD and begin his ministry at age 30, ushering in a golden age. Before 1700 B.C.

Attis was born on December 25 of the Virgin Nana. He was considered the savior who was slain for the salvation of mankind. His body as bread was eaten by his worshippers. He was both the Divine Son and the Father. On “Black Friday,” he was crucified on a tree, from which his holy blood ran down to redeem the earth. He descended into the underworld. After three days, Attis was resurrected. Dont know his years, but relics about him have dated back 2100 years

Born of a virgin, Isis. Only begotten son of the God Osiris. Birth heralded by the star Sirius, the morning star. Ancient Egyptians paraded a manger and child representing Horus through the streets at the time of the winter solstice (about DEC-21). In reality, he had no birth date; he was not a human. Death threat during infancy: Herut tried to have Horus murdered. Handling the threat: The God That tells Horus’ mother “Come, thou goddess Isis, hide thyself with thy child.” An angel tells Jesus’ father to: “Arise and take the young child and his mother and flee into Egypt.” Break in life history: No data between ages of 12 & 30. Age at baptism: 30. Subsequent fate of the baptiser: Beheaded. Walked on water, cast out demons, healed the sick, restored sight to the blind. Was crucifed, descended into Hell; resurrected after three days. 2500 B.C.

That is interesting....and I'd never heard these stories. They won't change my mind in my belief. If these stories were all true, i would think there would have been more knowledge of them. It's hard for me to believe i've been a Christian for around 20 years and never heard of this.....

All of these stories are way before Jesus was born. So I would think we would have seen this in the Old Testament?? Of course, I don't think anyone knows how many years there were between the last book of the OT and the 1st book of the NT. Just like all those years missing in Jesus's life....we don't know what happened in that time. God spoke in the OT about the Messiah coming.....Maybe there were all these FALSE gods fooling people into believing that the Messiah had already come. We have all these false messiahs today doing the same thing, saying they're Jesus returned as He promised.

Guess I could speculate all day long! :)

If they did change your belief, you wouldnt have much faith lol
Ancient Judah and Israel were surrounded by nations like Edom, Moab, Ammon, Philistia, Phoencia, Aram, etc, that all had their own gods
They are very real, recorded history.
They were gods of their own religion. The OT does mention other Gods, just not by name(I believe). They have just died out. Especially when Christianity was ruled religion of the land.
Remember "God of all GODS"?
I just find it weird that they were all before Jesus, but all have SO MANY similarities with him...
And, yes, religion could be speculated constantly!

Makes me wonder, if they were real gods, how would they just DIE out?? If they were gods, they would probably know what the Christian's God (God of all gods) planned and kept trying to do the same thing, but just never succeeded in making the "perfect" son, as Jesus is. Does that make sense??? Lol!

That is interesting....and I'd never heard these stories. They won't change my mind in my belief. If these stories were all true, i would think there would have been more knowledge of them. It's hard for me to believe i've been a Christian for around 20 years and never heard of this.....

All of these stories are way before Jesus was born. So I would think we would have seen this in the Old Testament?? Of course, I don't think anyone knows how many years there were between the last book of the OT and the 1st book of the NT. Just like all those years missing in Jesus's life....we don't know what happened in that time. God spoke in the OT about the Messiah coming.....Maybe there were all these FALSE gods fooling people into believing that the Messiah had already come. We have all these false messiahs today doing the same thing, saying they're Jesus returned as He promised.

Guess I could speculate all day long! :)

If they did change your belief, you wouldnt have much faith lol
Ancient Judah and Israel were surrounded by nations like Edom, Moab, Ammon, Philistia, Phoencia, Aram, etc, that all had their own gods
They are very real, recorded history.
They were gods of their own religion. The OT does mention other Gods, just not by name(I believe). They have just died out. Especially when Christianity was ruled religion of the land.
Remember "God of all GODS"?
I just find it weird that they were all before Jesus, but all have SO MANY similarities with him...
And, yes, religion could be speculated constantly!

Makes me wonder, if they were real gods, how would they just DIE out?? If they were gods, they would probably know what the Christian's God (God of all gods) planned and kept trying to do the same thing, but just never succeeded in making the "perfect" son, as Jesus is. Does that make sense??? Lol!

Well, they weren't. Their Religion died out. Couple of them are still practiced..
I have to blame that on Christianity being oppressive back when, and the Spread of Islam
But that is just me lol

Yes scrolling up is so difficult.

"remarks such as "Challenging one's beliefs is scarey stuff" and " Far better to cling to the security blankets". If that's not meant to ridicule or insult then what is the intent?"

I'll wait.

What's the point?

You'll simply reject anything you disagree with without even reading it.

I'll wait.

What's the point?

You'll simply reject anything you disagree with without even reading it.

So now you know what I will reject or accept?

Don't assume you know how or what I think.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a long weekend to tend to.

Forum List

Back