What is "the failure of the cross" ?

Ancient lion

Thank your creator
Nov 22, 2010
Pope Francis said during his U.S. tour " we are followers of Jesus ... and His life, humanly speaking, ended in failure, the failure of the cross."

What does he mean by this ?

Pope Francis said during his U.S. tour " we are followers of Jesus ... and His life, humanly speaking, ended in failure, the failure of the cross."

What does that writing say on the flag, carried by the horseman in your avatar?

it bodes ILL------very ill--------lots of people seem to interpret his words as being
IN SUPPORT OF "human unity" to the point of a single MONOTHEISTIC
WORLD GOVERNMENT--------which-------btw------is the AGENDA OF IRAN

On the day of the Crucifixion, the people there saw the Romans succeeding in stopping Christ and his mission. Christ's followers saw their failure in being able to prevent it. But, what humans saw as failure, God saw as opportunity. Christ rose from the dead, and his message, rather than remaining in a tiny part of the world, spread to cover the globe. Today we see Christ's work as a huge success, but on the day of the Crucifixion, it seemed the disciples had to face Christ's work had been successfully stopped--it appeared he had failed to carry the day.

The only failure of the cross I know of is that Satan tried to destroy the Lord but was too dumb to realize that he was being used to fulfill the atoning sacrifice and ended up failing to accomplish his design of destroying the Lord.

The only failure of the cross I know of is that Satan tried to destroy the Lord but was too dumb to realize that he was being used to fulfill the atoning sacrifice and ended up failing to accomplish his design of destroying the Lord.

Lmao

How do you know Satan doesn't love God?

Lmao

How do you know Satan doesn't love God?

He first tries to overthrow God in heaven, and then before and after being cast down to earth he tries to turn all of God's children against Him. He tried to destroy Jesus Christ who is a living revelation of the Father. I don't think I would consider that to even be anything close to love.

That's an interesting remark, indeed.

For a modern-day Pope to refer to the Crucifixion as a 'failure', in any sense of the word, is close to (if not, dead-on) Blasphemy.

The Crucifixion was the perfect sacrifice, the prophesied atonement.
The Perfect Lamb had been sacrificed for all of humanity's sins.

The ONLY failure was for Satan and the Romans.
To suggest otherwise is the exact definition of "anti-Christ"

For a modern-day Pope to refer to the Crucifixion as a 'failure', in any sense of the word, is close to (if not, dead-on) Blasphemy.

sheeeesh----there is a rumour that Pope John Paul did not die of NATURAL CAUSES-------this pope is.....
........asking for it

Ever consider that the failure of the cross is the failure of people to actually try to understand and follow the teachings of Jesus, rather than get wrapped up in their own interpretation of what they THINK Jesus said and did, filtered through the lens of their dogma?

Ever consider that the failure of the cross is the failure of people to actually try to understand and follow the teachings of Jesus, rather than get wrapped up in their own interpretation of what they THINK Jesus said and did, filtered through the lens of their dogma?

it never occurred to me and still does not

He first tries to overthrow God in heaven, and then before and after being cast down to earth he tries to turn all of God's children against Him.
So the son was ambitious and sought to become like his father. Greater even. Doesn't mean he didn't love God.
He tried to destroy Jesus Christ who is a living revelation of the Father. I don't think I would consider that to even be anything close to love.

Jesus is not YHWH. YHWH is a God of creation and destruction. Jesus is a god of unconditional love, mercy, forgiveness, humility, redemption, etc. Maybe the devil had something against humans, or maybe he was jealous of Jesus. It doesn't mean he doesn't love God. Maybe Satan has been fulfilling the purpose that God always intended for him, in which case, maybe God loves Satan as well.

Bin
go.

Very good.

Forum List

Back