What Is The Republican Alternative To ObamaCare

one thing we know about the republican alternative is 5,000,000 people wouldn't have lost their current healthcare plans.

one thing we know about the republican alternative is 5,000,000 people wouldn't have lost their current healthcare plans.

Actually, the Republican plan was to do nothing. So all those people who were getting priced out of the market each year as healthcare costs rose faster than inflation lost their insurance because of the GOP plan.

They aren't going to give up, you know. The Democrats.

The web site will get fixed. People will get insurance who never had it, or who lost their insurance years ago.

They aren't going to quit. I know you want them to, and that is why you whine every day about ObamaCare; to try to make them quit.

They aren't going to.

Time to wake up to that reality and get in front of it before you get steamrolled under.

The web site will get fixed. People will get insurance who never had it, or who lost their insurance years ago.

They aren't going to quit. I know you want them to, and that is why you whine every day about ObamaCare; to try to make them quit.

They aren't going to.

Time to wake up to that reality and get in front of it before you get steamrolled under.

How exactly? What are you suggesting?

How about the COBRA act that gives every person in the WHOLE WORLD free Health Care?
Shucks! I forgot that Reagan already did that!

Actually, the Republican plan was to do nothing. So all those people who were getting priced out of the market each year as healthcare costs rose faster than inflation lost their insurance because of the GOP plan.

The scumbag democrats are the shit heads that have been driving up the cost of health care you lying POS.

I got a plan, why don't you get a job parasite, instead of pushing your bills onto my taxes and now onto my insurance premiums.

5 mill is a drop in the bucket, wait until the employer provided mandate kicks in next year, at least 7 mill are expected to get their health plan pink slips, I'm make a wild ass guess here and will say it will be closer to 10 mil.

They aren't going to.

The insurance industry won't let that happen, you can't pass a law requiring them to take on customers with pre-existing conditions, lump them in with everyone else and not expect premiums to go up.

in case you hadn't noticed, insurance costs skyrocketed this year with the launch of obamacare. so the republicans are still 5,000,000 covered ahead

They aren't going to.

you know the democrats haven't been right on one thing they've said about obamacare yet. in fact, the only ones who have been right about obamacare have been the tea party

in case you hadn't noticed, insurance costs skyrocketed this year with the launch of obamacare. so the republicans are still 5,000,000 covered ahead

In case you hadn't noticed, Health Insurance rates have been skyrocketing since around 2006.

Thread title,
What Is The Republican Alternative To ObamaCare

And who is pushing it?

Does anyone really believe that the Republicans want to help Americans get good health insurance?

Let me ask you something Marc, what is more important, healthcare or insurance?
What you (and most) call "Obamacare" is really titled "The Affordable Care Act (or (ACA). It does nothing to make healthcare/medical care more affordable. There is even question about it making health insurance more affordable.
But, the root cause was never addressed by the ACA. That root being the cost of medical care, not the cost of insurance.

Your OP asks for the Republican solution. That obviously means that you think (perhaps even believe) that the government is the solution to the high cost of medical care. I disagree. Throughout this nations history we can see where the government solutions to issues result in higher costs to the end consumer, not affordability. In this case they addressed insurance, not actual medical costs (root cause). It is like forcing people to buy automobile insurance that includes oil changes and forcing auto insurers to cover oil changes. Auto insurance would certainly rise if that were the case.

Part of the ACA forces employers of a certain size to provide/supplement medical insurance for their employees. Do you know why employers got active in the act of supplementing medical insurance for employees? I'll assume you don't know the reason, but if you do, it will still inform some that that don't. In 1943 the War Labor Board rules wage freeze did not apply to fringe benefits. That's right, the government set wage freezes, so employers offered the benefit of insurance to attract employees, it was a fringe benefit. Today, the government is now forcing employers to offer that fringe benefit.

The government isn't the solution Marc, regardless of the Republican or Democrat moniker.

I believe it's an overreach from our government to mandate what an insurance policy must offer. People happy with their insurance should keep their insurance and not having the government say "no" you can't keep your insurance. The object was to insure the uninsured....that was it. This is tyranny...plain and simple.

Perfectly stated. The 'Mandate' alone, is as Un-American as it gets. Force is not what our Country is about. This whole thing needs to be scrapped. And i think most Americans would be fine with the Government not getting involved again. Big Brother keeps telling us we desperately need things like Amnesty, More Wars, More 'Security' More Taxes, More Spending, and Obamacare. Everything's a 'Crisis', therefore we must do something. But do we desperately need those things? Americans need to start thinking these things through a bit more. If Big Brother is saying we 'need' these things, it's very likely we don't. It's more a case of him needing those things.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back