🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What is the republican solution to ending mass shootings? Why don’t they ever offer solutions?

I'll tell you how to severely curtail mass shootings with 2 simple steps:

1) Stop promoting the destruction of the nuclear family.
2) Stop loading kids up with pharmaceuticals under bullshit medical conditions like "ADD" and "ADHD" because parents are too fucking lazy to be parents.

Man, you hit it out of the park!!! Thank you.

Okay, so any level gun control is bad which is of course retarded on its own, but the right can’t even think of any alternatives to curbing gun violence. Saying “no” to everything accomplishes absolutely nothing. It’s astounding we are still at square one.

Get firearms training, a CCW permit, a gun you're comfortable with, and learn and maintain situational awareness.

The Gov't isn't going to save you and can't!
Lol Australia has strict gun control measures and they haven’t had a mass shooting in decades. Doesn’t it ever make you wonder why other first world nations don’t have the gun violence we have? Hmmmm

What's the population of Australia compared to ours?
Also they are culturally less nihilistic.
Their gun death per capita is far less than ours.

2) Stop loading kids up with pharmaceuticals under bullshit medical conditions like "ADD" and "ADHD" because parents are too fucking lazy to be parents.

It'll take 2-3 generations to turn that trend around.
In the meantime, one can only do their best to protect themself and theirs.

Those same drugs aren’t causing mass killings in countries with strong gun control.

You know, the problem isn't with the gun laws themselves, it's how the gun laws vary wildly from state to state. You can easily buy guns in Texas at a gun show, load them up and take them to Chicago (where the gun laws are much stricter), sell them on the black market, and double or triple your money.

Vice Channel had a show on it called "The Iron Pipeline" a while back. Maybe you can find it on their website.
So the guns will cross borders, huh?...Nothing like overstating the obvious and acting like it's news.

Then what's going to stop the guns from crossing national borders, any more so than the drugs that keep crossing them?

and take the invitation of bringing a gun into a building by saying don't bring one in.

Okay, so any level gun control is bad which is of course retarded on its own, but the right can’t even think of any alternatives to curbing gun violence. Saying “no” to everything accomplishes absolutely nothing. It’s astounding we are still at square one.

What makes you think there is a political solution?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
We are the only civilized country with this problem.

This is more or less true, but it is not a political matter. We are a violent society, politicians cannot change that.

As I am sure has been pointed out, other civilized countries do not have the 2nd Amendment like we do.

I’m saying law enforcement hardly cares about somebody smoking pot. There are no victims
Complaining.
What you're saying doesn't square up to logic or even common sense.
Of course it does. Who are the victims of drug crime?

As with any addiction the victims are long and numerous. Friends, families, many times crimes are committed to gain the money to buy drugs.
It’s much harder to stop self inflicted crimes.

A doctor prescribing an opiates and the patient getting addicted isn't self inflicted. We have many people that have drug issues because the use illegal drugs to cope with mental health issues. The drug problem in America is much more complex than a simple uneducated sentence.

This is more or less true, but it is not a political matter. We are a violent society, politicians cannot change that.

As I am sure has been pointed out, other civilized countries do not have the 2nd Amendment like we do.
More guns equals more shootings.

Those same drugs aren’t causing mass killings in countries with strong gun control.

You mean countries where they throw you in jail for saying mean things on Twitter?

You're not getting the guns, commie. Ever.

I’m saying law enforcement hardly cares about somebody smoking pot. There are no victims
Complaining.
What you're saying doesn't square up to logic or even common sense.
Of course it does. Who are the victims of drug crime?

As with any addiction the victims are long and numerous. Friends, families, many times crimes are committed to gain the money to buy drugs.
It’s much harder to stop self inflicted crimes.

A doctor prescribing an opiates and the patient getting addicted isn't self inflicted. We have many people that have drug issues because the use illegal drugs to cope with mental health issues. The drug problem in America is much more complex than a simple uneducated sentence.
Yes far more complicated than gun control which is the point.

In a nation based on freedom you will never end crimes, racism or any of the other nasty shit. It is the price we pay for self governance and the freedoms we've been granted. You want to trade? I don't.
And that's not to say that there aren't some things we can do to mitigate violence but that's not what you and your ilk are interested in so what's the point of the thread?

More guns equals more shootings.

I am not sure there are any data to support this statement. There has not been a correlating rise in shooting to that of gun ownership.

If someone in that bar had been armed besides the gunman many of those people would be alive now.

Shows how much you don't know about things you try to post about. It's a good idea to get information before you post.

There was more than one security guard at that bar at the time. Guess what? They were among the first to die. Again. Just as in the club in Florida.

Being a security guard only means you're one of the first to die.

'Horrific scene': 12 dead in Thousand Oaks, California, bar shooting; shooter identified as Ian David Long

From the article:

"It appears he walked up to the scene, shot the security guard who was standing outside, then stepped inside," Dean said. "It appears that he turned to the right and shot several of the other security guards and employees, and began opening fire inside the nightclub."

Yes far more complicated than gun control which is the point.
Jesus Christ are you fucking dense.

How does who the victim is change the fact that both guns and drugs are inanimate objects, and neither can -in and of themselves- decide who will use/misuse them?....How is that the drug user being the only "victim" of the action, mean that any laws trying to control guns will be any more effective than those trying to control drugs?

Forum List

Back