What is the republican solution to ending mass shootings? Why don’t they ever offer solutions?

Lol
They have no freedom of firearm ownership, and they have no freedom of speech for that matter...
Why even own firearms in a place like that… You truly don’t own them.

In Switzerland, they DO have freedom of speech and press. In fact, their press is more free than ours is.
They do not have a right of freedom of speech, nowhere does it say that.
They like all of Europe are part of a fucked up collective...

True, we don’t have any real freedom in this country… Just like every other country
This is from the Swiss Constitution.
Art. 17 Freedom of the media
1 Freedom of the press, radio and television and of other forms of dissemination of features and information by means of public telecommunications is guaranteed.

2 Censorship is prohibited.

Your pronounced ignorance of other countries is astounding.
Lol
Thats best joke I’ve heard all day...
The original question has been asked many more times it remains a much better joke than mine.
The serious question remains and remains unanswered
when has prohibition ever been the answer? Betcha don't/can't/won't answer that.
That depends on what is being prohibited. The prohibition of child labor, wife beating, and prohibition of harmful substances in cosmetics, foods, and household products has been very successful in the US.

Even the much maligned prohibition of alcoholic beverages, (18th amendment) in the US was a success if you consider the goals of the amendment. Prior to prohibition, there was an epidemic of public drunkenness, alcoholism, and resulting social and health problems.

After prohibition, alcohol consumption declined dramatically along with a many social and health problems. Cirrhosis death rates for men were 29.5 per 100,000 in 1911 and 10.7 in 1929. Admissions to state mental hospitals for alcoholic psychosis declined by 70%. Arrests for public drunkenness and disorderly conduct declined 50 percent between 1916 and 1922. For the population as a whole, the best estimates are that consumption of alcohol declined by 30 percent to 50 percent.

Prohibiting the sale of guns is not the answer. Guns are too deeply rooted in our culture. However, gun control is certainly possible such as prohibiting the sale to minors, felons, and the mentally disturbed.

define assault weapon for us.

This kind of garbage is part of why I say we should ban future sales of ALL semi-auto magazine fed weapons.

There.

No ambiguity left...true?

ARs are not assault weapons... They are just sporting rifles nothing more nothing less

Can't you think before you post? What sport do you believe AR's are used for? Targets of innocent men, women and children seem to be one sport, so to speak.
From what I have rea...this is all about squirrel shooting

Bushmaster XM15 is a Semi Auto Rifle
The AK-47 was an automatic yes. But it got taken out early.

And that was over 20 years ago. What this article is about is to tell the public that 20 years ago, the police were ill equipped to handle this type of situation. But today, they are no longer outgunned even if the same thing were to come up. They have the Colt LE6920 Assault Rifles in Every Car which can go head to head in such an even and it would be dealt with long before SWAT would have arrived.

Plus, availability of the full auto weapons is almost non existent today. Once again, you have made the heart warning

FAKE NEWS!!!!!

You admit that my article is 100% accurate and then you claim it is fake news. Really?

Thank you too for agreeing that the AR-15 is NOT an assault weapon and very few, if any, are converted to fully automatic.

You're fun!

Let's see, the Law Enforcement calls their own colt LE6920 AR an Assault Weapon. If that is the case, the XM-15 is also an assault weapon. You can't have it both ways. The cops know that their LE6920 can go head to head against a full auto AK any day of the week. Once again, you are speaking for me. You should get those voices checked inside your head.

MORE FAKE NEWS!!!!!

No 5.56 can “go head to head” with a 7.62x39 weapon of any kind. An AR platform on 7.62 51 or 39 is still not as reliable as an AK. That is why more military groups use it for general use than any other weapon.

Funny you should mention that. The AK is highly inaccurate on the average. Yes, you might get an accurate one once in awhile but for the most part, the gun is too loose. That is the reason it doesn't jam so easily and can fire when so dirty. When using the civilian version of the AK made in one of the Stans, if you fire a group of 5, you might get 1 in a kill zone. But if you fire even the cheapest AR-15 you will probably get all 5 in the kill zone.

Here are two myths about the AK

1. You can do sustained fire on target with an automatic fire AK, You can't. The barrel rise because off the off center bolt action bounces the barrel up. You shoot it in bursts. Even then, you are going to be all over the place. Only a few of the rounds will be on target. This burst shooting is what many of us identify with the sound of an AK.

2. All AKs are Full Auto. In the United States, unless you have a FL license, the only AK you can purchase is a civilian version semi auto. If you don't have a FL then you keep it mighty quiet. If it gets out, the authorities WILL be coming after not only the full auto AK but for you as well. There are thousands of civilian AKs in the US.

You keep wanting to put the stock AR-15 against a full auto AK. Why not do a real test and put the full AK against a M-16A-4. In that test, the AK loses but just barely due too range, ease of operation, weight, and a few other factors. Full auto of the AK actually is a negative factor since it can't stay on target and has to be fired in bursts of 3 to 5 rounds. Making the M-16 3 shot burst on target the winner.

Does the AK have better knock down power? Yes. But the AR and the M-16 can put multiple shots on target that more than makes up for that. And you shoot it till it's down anyway.

IN a short range firefight, both the AR and the AK are about equal until you have to do a mag change. The AR wins hands down. The M-16 slides straight in while the AK slides in in a slight arc similar to the Mini-14. Meaning, when you are in a firefight, mistakes can and will happen and the AR is less likely to have those mistakes.

Both the AR and the AK are weapons of war. Both have slightly different views on how to do the same job. And both do the job well. Which is better? The best one is the one you have in your hands at the time.

You have been
watching way too many movies. Criminals have semi autos or revolvers or single shot guns. Most don't even have any ARs or AKs. Once Swat shows up, the Cops have the criminals outgunned so bad, it's silly with their Colt Model 6250 ARs. You've earned a FAKE NEWS!!!!!

You're being foolish. Criminals have had automatic weapons for decades. Another reason for police ramping up their own weapons and vehicles.

How the North Hollywood shootout changed policing
More than 300 outgunned LEOs from five agencies, fighting for their lives, fired more than 550 rounds

Mar 1, 2017

By Dana Bartholomew
Daily News, Los Angeles

LOS ANGELES — LAPD Officer James Zboravan was two months and eight days out of the police academy when he faced a barrage of machine-gun fire, shot and wounded a bank robber and dove across unarmored officers to shield them with his bulletproof vest.

He was shot four times before leaping through an exploding glass doorway.

bullets-2.jpg

An inside view of a bullet ridden LAPD patrol car windshield is seen while on display at the North Hollywood police station prior to a ceremony marking the 20th anniversary of the shootout. (AP Photo/Richard Vogel)
How to explain to the public why cops don't shoot to woundHere's why all police need a patrol rifle

“There was no time to be scared. It’s not a macho thing. There’s so much going on. You fall back on your training — the best in the world,” recalled Zboravan, an award-winning sergeant now serving as an assistant watch commander at Northeast Division. “The lesson is, very plainly: “Just because you’re shot doesn’t mean you’re going to die. You must fight on.”

Twenty years ago, on Feb. 28, 1997, two men armed with fully automatic weapons and clad in heavy body armor did more than rob the Bank of America at 6600 Laurel Canyon Blvd. in North Hollywood.

For 44 thunderous minutes, they marched through a neighborhood under siege, spraying stores, homes and cars with 1,100 armor-piercing bullets, wounding 11 police officers and six bystanders.

More than 300 outgunned law enforcement officers from five agencies, fighting for their lives, fired back with more than 550 rounds. But most were from .38 revolvers or 9 mm pistols pitted against an arsenal of high-capacity AK-47s and automatic rifles.

The nation then watched the terror unfold on live TV as news helicopters broadcast the battle now known as the North Hollywood shootout.

When the shell casings stopped rolling, two bandits lay dead — one after shooting himself after sustaining 10 gunshot wounds — and the other after bleeding to death from 29 gunshots after telling police, “F--- you. Shoot me in the head.”
[...]
How the North Hollywood shootout changed policing

Police in this infamous shootout were forced to go to gun shops to acquire the necessary weapons and ammunition to combat these criminals. Nothing has changed to this day.

Bushmaster XM15 is a Semi Auto Rifle
The AK-47 was an automatic yes. But it got taken out early.

And that was over 20 years ago. What this article is about is to tell the public that 20 years ago, the police were ill equipped to handle this type of situation. But today, they are no longer outgunned even if the same thing were to come up. They have the Colt LE6920 Assault Rifles in Every Car which can go head to head in such an even and it would be dealt with long before SWAT would have arrived.

Plus, availability of the full auto weapons is almost non existent today. Once again, you have made the heart warning

FAKE NEWS!!!!!
Wake up an smell the coffee. Here are a few articles disproving your contention.
https://nypost.com/2017/03/08/massive-gun-bust-is-biggest-in-brooklyn-history-authorities/
https://thenypost.files.wordpress.c...5.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=525&h=410&crop=1
Some Chicago gangs turning to rifles for added firepower, police say
Federal bust nets high-powered assault weapons from Bell Gardens gang
The FBI Reports Military Gang Members Are Funneling Heavy Weapons To The Streets
'Goodfellas' Gang Busted for Allegedly Selling Machine Guns, Other Weapons
Looks like another ignorant know it all has had its alligator mouth overload its hummingbird ass.

The Full Auto Weapons stolen from the Army Armory were quickly recovered. The Full Auto Weapons sent to New Mexico from the Middle East were recovered and all were arrested in New Mexico and the Army Parties are arrested as well. While it took them awhile to recover those New Mexico Weapons, they did recover them in a Militia in New Mexico last month and arrested everyone there and they are being held without bail awaiting trial on State and Federal Charges.

None of the stolen Full Auto Weapons made it onto the Streets. In fact, those were the only full auto weapons in any of your articles. All the others were semi autos. Just because it's called an assualt weapon does not automatically mean it's a full auto.

MORE FAKE NEWS!!!
Keep on lying to yourself and others of your ilk remember Karma is a bitch. The Tec 9s siezed by NYPD, the MAC 10s seized by Cleveland Police were taken from criminals you idiot. The weapons stolen from 29 Palms Marine Corps were not fully recovered.
Fully automatic weapons are being manufactured illegally in the UK and other European nations. This is not peculiar to the US. Machine guns are available in every large city
and are a gang staple. Disprove anything I've posted you can't, won't, won't even try.

First of all, There have been NO Mac-9s or Mac-10s stolen from the Marines. You need to stop with this fake news crap. There is one time that they busted 6 Marines and a few Civilians over a 50 cal M-2, some C-4 and military rounds that were taken and then sold out of the trunk of cars at gun shows. The Weapons and the C-4 has been recovered.

As for proving that the Tec-9 and the Mac-10 were stolen from the Marines, it's impossible to prove something that never happened. Therefore, you earned a big juicy......

FAKE NEWS!!!!!

This kind of garbage is part of why I say we should ban future sales of ALL semi-auto magazine fed weapons.

There.

ARs are not assault weapons... They are just sporting rifles nothing more nothing less

Can't you think before you post? What sport do you believe AR's are used for? Targets of innocent men, women and children seem to be one sport, so to speak.

AR platform weapons are used in MORE shooting sports than any other type of weapon sorry to slap you with the truth.

"seem to be one sport" was what I wrote. I'm sure some like to shoot inanimate targets (I do) and small animals (I don't) for sport. What other sports might one use with such a gun?

There.

Varmits

There.

There.

AR platform weapons are used in MORE shooting sports than any other type of weapon sorry to slap you with the truth.

"seem to be one sport" was what I wrote. I'm sure some like to shoot inanimate targets (I do) and small animals (I don't) for sport. What other sports might one use with such a gun?
Lol
What percentage of ARs are used in violent crimes?
I’ll give you a little hint since you obviously don’t know... way south of 1%.

There.

From what I have rea...this is all about squirrel shooting
ARs are not used in violent crime in any significant numbers... End of story

There.

Lol
What percentage of ARs are used in violent crimes?
I’ll give you a little hint since you obviously don’t know... way south of 1%.

Way south of the number of ARs. Not way south of the violent crimes.

And those are directly attributed to Terrorist Attacks that are spread across Europe. Ours are domestic for the most part. We do a better job at stopping terrorist before they can act. The Terrorist will be better armed and have things planned much better than our domestic shooters. Hence the number of dead is usually higher for them. This applies to Norway and Not Switzerland.

Now, about Switzerland. Every firearm is registered. Every person that has them must have a permit. The Swiss do go one step further and ensure that all young go through shooter training and all 18-45 men go though military training and can elect to buy their service weapon when the separate from the Service. But the purchase is not mandatory. You want to be like Switzerland with no shooting since 2001? Switzerland has always been the most strict gun regulation country in the free world.
Lol
They have no freedom of firearm ownership, and they have no freedom of speech for that matter...

In Switzerland, they DO have freedom of speech and press. In fact, their press is more free than ours is.

True, we don’t have any real freedom in this country… Just like every other country
The right to the freedom of speech ends when someone yells fire in a crowded theater. The example is really an identifier of when people abuse their freedom of speech.

So I just don't understand when people like Joe Biden "yells fire in a crowded theater", when he made the comments "they want to just put you all back in chains".

That's about as dirty and low down as it gets, but somehow that piece of work gets away with it ?? Then we have Maxine Waters and others doing the same dirty low down crap, and yep getting away with it. Then people get hurt because of their bullcrap, but no one calls them out on it or better yet brings charges against them for violating their free speech rights. Not sure what the charges would be, but something needs to be done when they choose to yell fire in a crowded theater for political purposes and power.
It’s the cost of freedom. People think freedom means free!
Agree, but not free to do anything. Tell the left that today, and they go crazy.

They are busy trying to end our freedoms, but don't dare try and stop their idiocy or bullcrap, because they go insane.

Lol

The right to the freedom of speech ends when someone yells fire in a crowded theater. The example is really an identifier of when people abuse their freedom of speech.

So I just don't understand when people like Joe Biden "yells fire in a crowded theater", when he made the comments "they want to just put you all back in chains".

That's about as dirty and low down as it gets, but somehow that piece of work gets away with it ?? Then we have Maxine Waters and others doing the same dirty low down crap, and yep getting away with it. Then people get hurt because of their bullcrap, but no one calls them out on it or better yet brings charges against them for violating their free speech rights. Not sure what the charges would be, but something needs to be done when they choose to yell fire in a crowded theater for political purposes and power.
Agree, but not free to do anything. Tell the left that today, and they go crazy.

They are busy trying to end our freedoms, but don't dare try and stop their idiocy or bullcrap, because they go insane.
The freedom to do what?

Hunt friggin squirrels?

The freedom to do what?

Hunt friggin squirrels?

They want the freedom to hunt anyone that disagrees with them Maybe we should get them an island, arm them to the teeth and see how that works out. I am sure there is going to be some things that they won't agree on. Maybe we can film it for ESPN+

Funny, not one single fully auto mentioned like you people are claiming. You just hit the big

FAKE NEWS!!!!!

Malarkey! :D

Massive .50 caliber rifle used to shoot down helicopters found inside El Chapo's Mexican hideout was sold through government Fast and Furious program
  • Fast and Furious program was designed to take down cartel arms dealers
  • Involved ATF agents intentionally selling weapons illegally to smugglers
  • Guns were then tracked south over border and used to make arrests
  • However, agency ultimately lost track of 1,400 of 2,000 weapons it sold
  • .50 caliber rifle would have been used to down helicopters, agents say
[...]
In total, 34 of the 2,000 weapons sold under Fast and Furious were believed to be .50 caliber rifles of the kind found in El Chapo's hideout, Fox reports.

Such weapons would be given to lookouts stationed on hilltops around hiding spots used by El Chapo, designed to prevent scouting runs by Mexican helicopters.

El Chapo's .50 caliber rifle was bought through Fast and Furious program | Daily Mail Online

The freedom to do what?

Hunt friggin squirrels?

You a squirrel?

More guns in the hands of more persons is not a solution to gun violence.

Guns in the hands of law abiding people do not increase the crime or murder rates. And the vast majority of guns in this country are in the hands of law abiding people who will never commit a crime with guns.

70% of all murders occur in very small very well defined areas of just 2% of all the counties in this country. If you really cared about lowering the murder rate this is where you would be focusing your attention

You can't explain that to people.

Like I posted pages ago, if you took a nice safe upper middle-class suburb, made a law that everybody in that burb has to own a firearm, the crime rate and violent crime will not change. If you take all the guns out of an inner-city neighborhood, it will still be a violent place and murder on top of murder.

Guns don't change people one way or the other. It's failed liberal philosophy.
bWjo knew all then violence in Chicago is being dine using assault tuype wealpons?

Evidently you assfucks think an assault weapons ban means there are no guns,.

Wake the fuck up & put down the gun & pick up a book.

Not this stupid argument again

We had an assault type weapon in the past. It is not my fault you are too stupid to know about it.

If we don't type the assault 'Type" weapons, you assfucks go into a total meltdown.

Couldn't do it could you? :D

Funny, not one single fully auto mentioned like you people are claiming. You just hit the big

FAKE NEWS!!!!!

Malarkey! :D

Massive .50 caliber rifle used to shoot down helicopters found inside El Chapo's Mexican hideout was sold through government Fast and Furious program
  • Fast and Furious program was designed to take down cartel arms dealers
  • Involved ATF agents intentionally selling weapons illegally to smugglers
  • Guns were then tracked south over border and used to make arrests
  • However, agency ultimately lost track of 1,400 of 2,000 weapons it sold
  • .50 caliber rifle would have been used to down helicopters, agents say
[...]
In total, 34 of the 2,000 weapons sold under Fast and Furious were believed to be .50 caliber rifles of the kind found in El Chapo's hideout, Fox reports.

Such weapons would be given to lookouts stationed on hilltops around hiding spots used by El Chapo, designed to prevent scouting runs by Mexican helicopters.

El Chapo's .50 caliber rifle was bought through Fast and Furious program | Daily Mail Online
I thiught you knew your shit about guns.

Do you think that all .50 caliber rifles are machine guns?

I happen to have a legal .50 cal rifle in my basement. It's a fucking muzzle loader dumbass

Forum List

Back