What is the republican solution to ending mass shootings? Why don’t they ever offer solutions?

Poverty absolutely affects gun violence

But so does the availability OF guns

You need to stop cherry picking and explain the murder rate in Alaska for instance

Alaska is an aberration full of people who are a little nuts. Anyone who has ever been there knows this.

And the availability of guns in NH far exceeds the availability in CA yet once again CA has a murder rate more than 4 times higher than NH

And I'm not cherry picking all you have to do is look at the concentrations of murders within a state to know what I say is true.

Murders in US very concentrated: 54% of US counties in 2014 had zero murders, 2% of counties have 51% of the murders - Crime Prevention Research Center

Map-US-Murder-Fixed.jpg

You see that the vast majority of the country has very low murder rates while much smaller areas have extremely high murder rates

If you really cared about lowering the murder rate as much as you want to take guns away from people who will never commit any crimes whatsoever you would be offering solutions that specifically address the problem areas.

Last edited:
Okay, so any level gun control is bad which is of course retarded on its own, but the right can’t even think of any alternatives to curbing gun violence. Saying “no” to everything accomplishes absolutely nothing. It’s astounding we are still at square one.

Reopen State Mental Hospitals.

Problem solved for 90% of mass shootings.

NM, no sense in asking why you couldn't figure that out, you can't critically think, boy.

Considering the mass shooters have not been deemed insane enough to be locked in just how does opening up more mental hospitals have any real affect.

Bullshit! 90% of them would have been institutionalized 20 years ago.

And whom, exactly, will make that determination? The Mentally Ill, unless they do something that shows that they have endangered themselves or others to the authorities (meaning court systems) they have the same rights as anyone else. And it was the same 20 years ago.

You need to stop cherry picking and explain the murder rate in Alaska for instance

Alaska is an aberration full of people who are a little nuts. Anyone who has ever been there knows this.

And the availability of guns in NH far exceeds the availability in CA yet once again CA has a murder rate more than 4 times higher than NH

And I'm not cherry picking all you have to do is look at the concentrations of murders within a state to know what I say is true.

Murders in US very concentrated: 54% of US counties in 2014 had zero murders, 2% of counties have 51% of the murders - Crime Prevention Research Center

Map-US-Murder-Fixed.jpg

You see that the vast majority of the country has very low murder rates while much smaller areas have extremely high murder rates

If you really cared about lowering the murder rate as much as you want to take guns away from people who will never commit any crimes whatsoever you would be offering solutions that specifically address the problem areas.

NH has slightly more than 1mil population in the whole state. So it has a fourth the annual gun crime rate. Sounds good until you link the two together and come up with the violent crimes versus the population. CA has well over 10 million people. That means that you have more of a chance to die by criminal gun in NH than CA. You keep leaving out the rest of the story.

Map-US-Murder-Fixed.jpg

So I am demanding to take all the guns, right? You sure do like to lie. Liars such as you should be deemed unstable to own guns at all since the Mentally Ill should be monitored closely according to one of your other supporters.

Okay, so any level gun control is bad which is of course retarded on its own, but the right can’t even think of any alternatives to curbing gun violence. Saying “no” to everything accomplishes absolutely nothing. It’s astounding we are still at square one.
There was a time [the 50's] when we had less gun control and no real liberal threat, then came the 60's and the liberal establishment, mass shootings [schools in particular] are just one of many diseases of liberalism...so the answer, do whatever it was we were doing prior to the 60's, simple as that.

Diversity is not the problem.

Guns are the problem

You are eight times more likely to be killed by a black then a white. Yet in most cases, the anti-gun crowd compares white countries to our very diverse country. Yes, diversity plays a huge part in our statistics.
That's complete bullshit. VIolent crime IS racial...and not INTER racial

Blacks kill blacks and whites kill whites.

Sorry if facts get in the way of your racism

Add that to the lost of shit you get backwards
:dunno::dunno:

So anything that doesn't fit your bullshit narrative is an aberration.

I guess that means Texas is an aberration as well? It has almost exactly the same murder rate as CA

And then there's all those red states with loose gun regs that have 50-100% higher murder rates than California right?

Also aberrations?
Oh they have cities? But then so does California.

None of your claims hold up under even the least application of logic

ou know, you just outlined how criminals get guns. Because we don't have a NATIONAL gun law, and states are free to set their own explains the problem perfectly.

People go buy their guns in Utah or Nevada, transport them to California, and sell them on the black market, tripling their money. Now, mind you, the guns were bought LEGALLY in the states with the lax gun laws, and transported where they were sold on the black market in places with strict gun laws.

If you want to see how it works, I recommend watching a documentary from VICE Channel called "The Iron Pipeline". It shows how lots of guns in strict gun law areas end up getting there. Most of the time it's from people who bought guns legally in other states
You would need a constitutional amendment to repeal the 2nd Amendment to get a federal gun law. The 2nd's sole purpose is to lomit federal authority.
Odd that the only description of a militia (ya know mentioned in the 2A) describes as one of it's reasons for being to PUT DOWN the insurrection you claim militias are there to engage in.

And that was exactly HOW the militia was used at the time...being used to put down both Shay's Rebellion and the Whiskey Rebellion
the 2nd amendment was created to give the people the power over the government. Period, not to hunt.

Guns aren't the problem.
Maybe if you would get off of that we could provide solutions.
Best solution is never vote for Democrats.
The next is get rid of liberal judges.
Then next get all of the crazy people off the streets

ou know, you just outlined how criminals get guns. Because we don't have a NATIONAL gun law, and states are free to set their own explains the problem perfectly.

People go buy their guns in Utah or Nevada, transport them to California, and sell them on the black market, tripling their money. Now, mind you, the guns were bought LEGALLY in the states with the lax gun laws, and transported where they were sold on the black market in places with strict gun laws.

If you want to see how it works, I recommend watching a documentary from VICE Channel called "The Iron Pipeline". It shows how lots of guns in strict gun law areas end up getting there. Most of the time it's from people who bought guns legally in other states
You would need a constitutional amendment to repeal the 2nd Amendment to get a federal gun law. The 2nd's sole purpose is to lomit federal authority.
Odd that the only description of a militia (ya know mentioned in the 2A) describes as one of it's reasons for being to PUT DOWN the insurrection you claim militias are there to engage in.

And that was exactly HOW the militia was used at the time...being used to put down both Shay's Rebellion and the Whiskey Rebellion
the 2nd amendment was created to give the people the power over the government. Period, not to hunt.
That's not what Article 1 Section 8 says. In fact the exact opposite

So anything that doesn't fit your bullshit narrative is an aberration.

I guess that means Texas is an aberration as well? It has almost exactly the same murder rate as CA

And then there's all those red states with loose gun regs that have 50-100% higher murder rates than California right?

Also aberrations?
Oh they have cities? But then so does California.

None of your claims hold up under even the least application of logic
------------------------------------- i forget the numbers breakdown . But whatever they are they only show that the cops and homeowners , Concealed Carry People are doing good work all over the USA as they shoot all the right people . And the suicide people would only use pills or rope if they didn't have a gun Lesh .

i forget the numbers breakdown . But whatever they are they only show that the cops and homeowners , Concealed Carry People are doing good work all over the USA as they shoot all the right people . And the suicide people would only use pills or rope if they didn't have a gun Lesh .

Concealed carry people are a non factor. They create as much harm as they prevent. They "shoot all the right people"?

Really? ANd you base that on what....

As far as suicide...6% of all suicide attempts are made with a gun...but they account for 50% of all SUCCESSFUL suicides.

Put a gun to your head and twitch your finger and you're dead.

There's no hope of a second chance. You don't go to the hospital...you go to the morgue

i forget the numbers breakdown . But whatever they are they only show that the cops and homeowners , Concealed Carry People are doing good work all over the USA as they shoot all the right people . And the suicide people would only use pills or rope if they didn't have a gun Lesh .

Concealed carry people are a non factor. They create as much harm as they prevent. They "shoot all the right people"?

Really? ANd you base that on what....

As far as suicide...6% of all suicide attempts are made with a gun...but they account for 50% of all SUCCESSFUL suicides.

Put a gun to your head and twitch your finger and you're dead.

There's no hope of a second chance. You don't go to the hospital...you go to the morgue
and most gun deaths are suicides.

i discount suiciders totally and you discount CCW people so thats cool . So someone is shooting people and i trust the cops for the most part to shoot the right people plus i trust homeowners shooting the right people in self defense . --------------------- so who is left that is shooting people to come up with about 33 thousand gun deaths a year Lesh ??

i discount suiciders totally and you discount CCW people so thats cool . So someone is shooting people and i trust the cops for the most part to shoot the right people plus i trust homeowners shooting the right people in self defense . --------------------- so who is left that is shooting people to come up with about 33 thousand gun deaths a year Lesh ??
You "discount" suicides?

How big of you.

I wonder if you would be so dismissive if a loved one had used a gun to blow their brains out

i'm just saying , feck those suicide people that wanted to die and stop using them as a reason to limit Gun Culture peoples Guns Lesh .

Republicans solutions to everything is the same ol' same ol'.

They see putting out a fire by adding gasoline.

Then they see the people burning up as ungrateful. Why are they screaming?

That's not what Article 1 Section 8 says. In fact the exact opposite
Here.

Second Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia

"While both James Monroe and John Adams supported the Constitution being ratified, its most influential framer was James Madison. In Federalist No. 46, Madison wrote how a federal army could be kept in check by state militias, "a standing army ... would be opposed [by] a militia." He argued that state militias "would be able to repel the danger" of a federal army, "It may well be doubted, whether a militia thus circumstanced could ever be conquered by such a proportion of regular troops." He contrasted the federal government of the United States to the European kingdoms, which he described as "afraid to trust the people with arms," and assured that "the existence of subordinate governments ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition".[12][13]"

Forum List

Back