What is the republican solution to ending mass shootings? Why don’t they ever offer solutions?

Humans generally are averse to killing.

The military learned that during WW2. Soldiers could not turn off the natural instinct to preserve life. They had to restructure training to get good people to kill.

The fear of an armed population can be nothing more than Hoplophobia. The commies have done a fabulous 50 to 70-year campaign through media and entertainment to convince many that guns go off by themselves and turn normal people into homicidal maniacs.

True to an extent.

Adolph Hitler also taught us that soldiers can easily be taught to be utterly ruthless. No surprise, they started with the youth. The Hitler Youth organizations were started in 1922 by combining already existing youth groups into one that taught discipline, leadership, and ruthless fighting. We know what happened because of the training of Nazi troops.

Psychological testing also is used to determine which soldiers are best suited to become snipers. I qualified at Fort Benning.

Yes, some soldiers tend to shoot high when initially arriving on the front lines. The vast majority of times it takes one of their friends or someone else on the battlefield being killed to focus their attention on killing the enemy.

Then there were the Kamikaze pilots and the Japanese armed forces in general. Their commitment to winning regardless of the consequences was a leading reason we dropped the two nuclear bombs.

Odd that the only description of a militia (ya know mentioned in the 2A) describes as one of it's reasons for being to PUT DOWN the insurrection you claim militias are there to engage in.

And that was exactly HOW the militia was used at the time...being used to put down both Shay's Rebellion and the Whiskey Rebellion

Grammar and punctuation are not your strong points, are they?

Put prayer in school and family responsibilities on families and you will go a long way.

Your prattle about what is and what is not an assault weapon is PART of why I include all magazine fed semi-auto weapons. It simplifies the discussion and takes away that nonsense...as well as pointing out that all of those pose a similar danger and have no real purpose that can't be fulfilled by other types of weapons

And calling a revolver a semi-auto weapon just shows YOUR lack of understanding of weapons...not mine

The shot gun is NOT magazine fed. That's pretty self explanatory

A semi-automatic weapon simply means that pulling the trigger automatically has another round in position and the trigger needs only to be pulled. Exactly what is done when pulling the trigger of a revolver.

So, you're saying that all semi-automatic weapons are assault weapons? Or haven't you figured out what constitutes an assault weapon? Still waiting for your definition.

Most pump shotguns come stock with a five or six shell capacity. Also available are 5 round box or 10 round barrel magazines.

Your definition of an assault weapon, please.

As for crime rates, we have a far lower violent crime rate than Europe, Australia, and most other industrialized nations.

Complete bullshit

All countries compared for Crime > Violent crime > Murder rate per million people

I'm talking about violent crime. Not the murder rate.

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.
By James Slack
UPDATED:18:14 EST, 2 July 2009

Britain's violent crime record is worse than any other country in the European union, it has been revealed.

Official crime figures show the UK also has a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S. and even South Africa - widely considered one of the world's most dangerous countries.

The figures comes on the day new Home Secretary Alan Johnson makes his first major speech on crime, promising to be tough on loutish behaviour.

Violent%20Crime-L.jpg

The U.S. has a violence rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents, Canada 935, Australia 920 and South Africa 1,609.

Shadow Home Secretary Chris Grayling said: 'This is a damning indictment of this government's comprehensive failure over more than a decade to tackle the deep rooted social problems in our society, and the knock on effect on crime and anti-social behaviour.

Read more: The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S. | Daily Mail Online

UK is violent crime capital of Europe

Do you really believe that China, North Korea, and Cuba all have 100% literacy rates?

We do not have the highest rate of illiteracy. Please show us those demographics.

illiteracy rate europe - Google Search

US Illiteracy is 14%

China 3%

Europe 1%

Have you gotten ANYTHING right?

Not surprising but NONE of the figures you cite are on the source you provided.

Do you really believe that China has a 99.6% literacy rate? Who provides that figure.

Diversity is not the problem.

Guns are the problem
Then why don't you tell me why NH has the lowest murder rate in the country despite having much less strict gun laws

The murder rate in CA is more than 4 times that of NH

Last edited:
Okay, so any level gun control is bad which is of course retarded on its own, but the right can’t even think of any alternatives to curbing gun violence. Saying “no” to everything accomplishes absolutely nothing. It’s astounding we are still at square one.

Reopen State Mental Hospitals.

Problem solved for 90% of mass shootings.

NM, no sense in asking why you couldn't figure that out, you can't critically think, boy.

The top ten homicides states are all red. You have to get to the 15th state before you find a blue one (Nevada), and then the 20th state before you find another one (Colorado).

You are the one who has not done his research.

That's NOT what you said

you said that CA has a murder rate equal to the country average all the states with lax gun laws have higher murder rates than the average

you were wrong just admit it

and FYI I never mentioned red or blue states because that is quite irrelevant to the false claim you made
Wow are you ever WRONG

UT is considered to have the most lax gun laws in the country and what's the murder rate in UT?

in 2017 the murder rate of CA was 4.6 per 100000
The murder rate in UT was 2.4 per 100000

NH has had the lowest murder rate in the country at 1 per 100000 in 2017

NH gun laws are far less restrictive than those of CA

You might want to actually do some research before you say shit so you won't sound like such a fucking idiot.
Huh?

States with the most (and least) gun violence. See where your state stacks up.

I used MURDER RATES or can't you read?
List of U.S. states by homicide rate - Wikipedia

Here are the top ten by homicide rate. Look at all that red!

8 out of 10. And even though Nevada is light blue, it has pretty lax gun laws.

red.jpg

and it has NOTHING to do with the gun laws

And unlike you I don't see the world in just red and blue

CA has the strictest gun laws in the nation yet 23 states have lower murder rates even though the gun laws are not as strict as CA

UT has some of the most lax gun laws in the country yet the murder rate in CA is twice as high

NH has the lowest murder rate in the country and gun laws nowhere near as tough as CA

Gun laws do not have anything to do with the murder rate.

If they did CA would have the lowest murder rate in the country and that hasn't ever been true

You know, you just outlined how criminals get guns. Because we don't have a NATIONAL gun law, and states are free to set their own explains the problem perfectly.

People go buy their guns in Utah or Nevada, transport them to California, and sell them on the black market, tripling their money. Now, mind you, the guns were bought LEGALLY in the states with the lax gun laws, and transported where they were sold on the black market in places with strict gun laws.

If you want to see how it works, I recommend watching a documentary from VICE Channel called "The Iron Pipeline". It shows how lots of guns in strict gun law areas end up getting there. Most of the time it's from people who bought guns legally in other states.

You still can't explain why the murder rate in UT is half that of CA can you or that CA has a murder rate more than 4 times higher than NH can you?

It's not the gun laws

As for crime rates, we have a far lower violent crime rate than Europe, Australia, and most other industrialized nations.

Complete bullshit

All countries compared for Crime > Violent crime > Murder rate per million people

I'm talking about violent crime. Not the murder rate.

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.
By James Slack
UPDATED:18:14 EST, 2 July 2009

Britain's violent crime record is worse than any other country in the European union, it has been revealed.

Official crime figures show the UK also has a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S. and even South Africa - widely considered one of the world's most dangerous countries.

The figures comes on the day new Home Secretary Alan Johnson makes his first major speech on crime, promising to be tough on loutish behaviour.

Violent%20Crime-L.jpg

The U.S. has a violence rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents, Canada 935, Australia 920 and South Africa 1,609.

Shadow Home Secretary Chris Grayling said: 'This is a damning indictment of this government's comprehensive failure over more than a decade to tackle the deep rooted social problems in our society, and the knock on effect on crime and anti-social behaviour.

Read more: The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S. | Daily Mail Online

UK is violent crime capital of Europe

No surprise there. That's what happens when you have places where people are not allowed to defend themselves.

Guns are the problem
Then why don't you tell me why NH has the lowest murder rate in the country despite having much less strict gun laws

Let's start out with......NHs capital population is only 109K and it's the largest town/city in the state. There are a ton of small towns, really small towns that make up NH. Pretty much, the whole state is considered Rural. So your Capital city is the only one with enough population where it would require very many gun regulations. And you have noted that it has pockets of crime around the capital. Hmm, where I live, we have about the same population and we are surrounded by a couple of hundred miles of rural in any direction. We have a few pockets of crime. And our total murder rate is right around 7.

Now on for the fun. Let's compare the violent crime since there really isn't an figures I can find that just covers violent crime by gun only. Using 2017, Ca had about 450 violent crimes. NH has 199. But when you take into the equation the population, NH has almost 50 times the violent crimes than CA does per capita. You are more likely to be murdered in NH than CA.

You gun crazies just keep making it up as you go. No wonder more and more states are adopting some forms of Firearms Regulations or outright banning.

Okay, so any level gun control is bad which is of course retarded on its own, but the right can’t even think of any alternatives to curbing gun violence. Saying “no” to everything accomplishes absolutely nothing. It’s astounding we are still at square one.

NM, no sense in asking why you couldn't figure that out, you can't critically think, boy.

Considering the mass shooters have not been deemed insane enough to be locked in just how does opening up more mental hospitals have any real affect.

Considering the mass shooters have not been deemed insane enough to be locked in just how does opening up more mental hospitals have any real affect.

Bullshit! 90% of them would have been institutionalized 20 years ago.

Guns are the problem

Let's start out with......NHs capital population is only 109K and it's the largest town/city in the state. There are a ton of small towns, really small towns that make up NH. Pretty much, the whole state is considered Rural. So your Capital city is the only one with enough population where it would require very many gun regulations. And you have noted that it has pockets of crime around the capital. Hmm, where I live, we have about the same population and we are surrounded by a couple of hundred miles of rural in any direction. We have a few pockets of crime. And our total murder rate is right around 7.

Now on for the fun. Let's compare the violent crime since there really isn't an figures I can find that just covers violent crime by gun only. Using 2017, Ca had about 450 violent crimes. NH has 199. But when you take into the equation the population, NH has almost 50 times the violent crimes than CA does per capita. You are more likely to be murdered in NH than CA.

You gun crazies just keep making it up as you go. No wonder more and more states are adopting some forms of Firearms Regulations or outright banning.

You do realize the MURDER RATE accounts for population don't you?

I never said I live in NH. I said it has a murder rate 4 times lower than CA despite having much looser gun laws.

It is the inner city cancers of poverty, drugs, violence , unemployment , underemployment etc that breeds the violence in those areas to the extent that just a handful of these diseased inner cities actually skews the murder rate for the entire country

The Republican solution to mass shootings?

Grin and bear it...and more guns.

Maybe you can explain why the murder rate in Texas is exactly that of California...or the fact that about 25 states have murder rates equal to or greater than CA

Gun violence in the United States by state - Wikipedia

I've already told you what drives murder rates

Where there is poverty, unemployment, underemployment urban decay and drugs there will be relatively small ultra-violent areas that not only skew the murder rate of a state but the worst of these ultra-violent murder islands skew the murder rate of the entire country.

This is why states like UT. NH, VT and many others have much lower murder rates than CA even though the gun laws are far less strict.

It's not guns and guns alone as you like to think or the state with the least restrictive gun laws in the country would have the highest murder rate and the state with the harshest gun laws would have the lowest murder rate but we all know that is simply not true

Poverty absolutely affects gun violence

But so does the availability OF guns

You need to stop cherry picking and explain the murder rate in Alaska for instance

well , everyone that wants a gun has a gun and guns and arms are a Constitutional RIGHT so it all works out ok Lesh . There is a price to pay for the RIGHT to have guns as an effective means of self defense after all . More people die in car accidents but as i would say , there is a price to pay for the FREEDOM of having cars to drive Lesh .

Forum List

Back