What is the republican solution to ending mass shootings? Why don’t they ever offer solutions?

Lol
ARs are not so called “assault weapons” they are just sporting rifles... Incapable of passing military muster.

Crazy people do not obey frivolous gun control laws or any laws for that matter...

Oh not this stupid fucking excuse again.

We had an assault weapon ban. We all know what guns are being discussed.
Lol
ARs are just sporting rifles... Get your facts straight

What sport is that?

Competitive shooting, both single rifle, and 3 gun competition.....and, of course, self defense....

You need a semi automatic for this?

Ray said a handgun was just as good as a semiautomatic rifle for self defence.

I said a semi-automatic handgun is just as good because both guns fire the same amount of rounds in the same amount of time.

1) that dolt is on your side

2) 10 years isn't the argument he /she/it made.....they said it reduced shootings, it didn't...

My apologies to him. I misread what he said...but my comment stands. apples to apples

Your mother jones link showed over 30 mass shootings in the ten years after the AW ban expired.
It’s funny, mother Jones is ran by fuck ups...

1) that dolt is on your side

2) 10 years isn't the argument he /she/it made.....they said it reduced shootings, it didn't...

My apologies to him. I misread what he said...but my comment stands. apples to apples

Your mother jones link showed over 30 mass shootings in the ten years after the AW ban expired.

Yes....the rise of social media......and the 24/7 news cycle has increased the notoriety of these shooters. And gun free zones allow them to murder without being stopped.

And look at the numbers of the carnage. Not only were there twice as many mass shooting events in the 10 years after the ban expired...but the number of dead skyrocketed as well

Yes....social media has allowed these shooters to look at past mass shooters and what they did, learning from the previous mass shooters....ask the police about this, the notes from these killers show they spend vast amounts of time analyzing the past shooters....

In a Builiding of a mass public shooting, the police with hand guns are not outgunned by a rifle....the rifle is a long range weapon that loses it's advantage in the confines of a building....in fact, it can become a disadvantage in close quarters....

So you're saying that an assault rifle is a lousy self defense weapon. I agree.

It's also a lousy hunting weapon.

So we "need" them why?
First of all it depends on the set up, Ars can be set up to be a great personal defense firearms depending on the situation.
There is no better varmint rifle than an ar/m-4 platform. Obviously you use emotion to make up your opinion that makes you a fucking retard....

You can't use a .222 for varmit? Why do you need a semi-automatic?

Why don't let us decide what we need and get communist nose out or personal business.

Lol
Dip shit, Ar15’s are not military grade... And they do not shoot off hundreds of rounds a minute… Because they are not military grade... see epic failure

8 minutes of near continuous machine gun firing....and how many hundreds (thousands?) of rounds?

I don't know what you think you proved there genius but Paduch managed quite well in Vegas.

FIVE HUNDRED people shot in minutes

Lol
Somewhere around 300 rds = epic failure
Hardly an impressive firearm.... :abgg2q.jpg:

So you provide a video of an AR failing after 300 rounds (so you say) in 8 minutes...how'd the Vegas shooter manage 500 victims (plus a LOT of misses) in a very short period with no failure....

Moron....he had 23 rifles in that room....he was firing long distance, from a concealed and fortified position into a tightly packed crowd of over 23,000 people.......

Progressives have no common sense and no sense of reality... You’re asking too much of them

Since you used a blanket statement, tells me who doesn't have a lick of sense. You will notice that I don't normally use the term "Liberal" or "conservative". Neither one applies these days. I do separate out normal people from crackpots. Guess which one you make on the list. Like your "God", Orange Hair, you want to blame someone else for your own poor choices. Works for me but you don't mind if I take credit for my own. Without the mistakes I wouldn't be me.

We don't give a rat fuck.

Exactly.

Gun Huggers simply don't care

Poor Lush, authoritarian to your core.

Are you still arguing with this ignorant? Ha his arguments and narrative are useless drivel he knows nothing whatsoever about guns or actual social problems he just gets his daily dimshit talkingpoint and follows the script. It surprises me to see an infantile keep anyone occupied when every post is a repeat of the same childish rant.

Lets look at mass shootings. Bury this among all firearm violence is dishonest.
No conflating mass shootings into a major factor in the murder rate is dishonest

The advantage of tne AR15 is highlighted in mass shootings.where the semi-automatic aspect with larger magazines & accuracy creates a higher death toll.

When reducing these death tolls, the banning on these assault type rifles makes sense.

It makes no sense. Changing a magazine on any gun does not take that long. Here is a video of how fast a magazine can be changed on a handgun; pay attention to the accuracy as well:

If they are equivalent to the AR-15 then why do you need them?

Because they are customizable, easy to shoot for all sizes of shooters especially women and the only reason you twits want the AR-15 so bad is that if you establish the precedent that the AR-15 rifle is dangerous because it is a semi automatic weapon....then you can come back and demand all other semi automatic rifles, pistols and shotguns, as well as revolvers be banned because as we tell you, and you will state later.....they all operate the same way.

You left out the mos important. It's the one designed to do the most damage in the fastest time. And you left out that it was designed as a combat rifle. Then you left out that there are much better alternatives. You left out that it has the body count record for mass shooters. You left out that it's easy to conceal and transport it.

I don't advocate outright banning of the AR but I do advocate better controls on it through common sense firearms regulation.

In a Builiding of a mass public shooting, the police with hand guns are not outgunned by a rifle....the rifle is a long range weapon that loses it's advantage in the confines of a building....in fact, it can become a disadvantage in close quarters....

So you're saying that an assault rifle is a lousy self defense weapon. I agree.

It's also a lousy hunting weapon.

So we "need" them why?

A semiauto .223 is NOT an assault rifle and is a very good choice for small game and pest control.

I shot a rabid skunk with my .223 semiauto this summer so maybe I saved your dog or your kids from getting bit by a dangerous animal

you're welcome

No conflating mass shootings into a major factor in the murder rate is dishonest

The advantage of tne AR15 is highlighted in mass shootings.where the semi-automatic aspect with larger magazines & accuracy creates a higher death toll.

When reducing these death tolls, the banning on these assault type rifles makes sense.

It makes no sense. Changing a magazine on any gun does not take that long. Here is a video of how fast a magazine can be changed on a handgun; pay attention to the accuracy as well:

Because they are customizable, easy to shoot for all sizes of shooters especially women and the only reason you twits want the AR-15 so bad is that if you establish the precedent that the AR-15 rifle is dangerous because it is a semi automatic weapon....then you can come back and demand all other semi automatic rifles, pistols and shotguns, as well as revolvers be banned because as we tell you, and you will state later.....they all operate the same way.

You left out the mos important. It's the one designed to do the most damage in the fastest time. And you left out that it was designed as a combat rifle. Then you left out that there are much better alternatives. You left out that it has the body count record for mass shooters. You left out that it's easy to conceal and transport it.

I don't advocate outright banning of the AR but I do advocate better controls on it through common sense firearms regulation.

hey didn't you just say the 5.56 was a round designed to wound not kill?

make up your mind

and you know as well as I do that an AR fires no faster than any other semiautomatic rifle

If you're talking about the number of mass shootings before during and after the assault weapons ban...you're lying.

Mass shootings declined during the ban and increased after it ended.
and not all mass shootings are committed with rifles
So

So why are you so obsessed with a rifle that is used in less than 1% of all murders?

We are talking about mass murders where innocent people are slaughtered.

Accorduing to you, we can't do anything about them because they represent a low percentage in the all gun violence statistics.

I'm saying banning one rifle will do nothing to stop them.

If you want to stop people from shooting up a school then don't allow people with guns to simply walk into a school as they all seem to be able to do

The AR is not used because it is somehow more deadly than any other semiautomatic rifle it's it tends to be used because it is the most popular rifle platform in the country.

It's no different than the most popular car model in the country being involved in more accidents than any other model.

It's used for the same reason just another model of it is used in Combat. It's damned good at killing or wounding lots of people fast and even a child can operate it with little training.

hey didn't you just say the 5.56 was a round designed to wound not kill?

make up your mind

and you know as well as I do that an AR fires no faster than any other semiautomatic rifle

Let's take a look at the Vegas shooting. Over 500 people were wounded versus 57 confirmed dead. It does a lot of both wound and kill and it does it very fast and efficient. It's design, for the day, was dead on for combat.

and not all mass shootings are committed with rifles
So

So why are you so obsessed with a rifle that is used in less than 1% of all murders?

We are talking about mass murders where innocent people are slaughtered.

Accorduing to you, we can't do anything about them because they represent a low percentage in the all gun violence statistics.

I'm saying banning one rifle will do nothing to stop them.

If you want to stop people from shooting up a school then don't allow people with guns to simply walk into a school as they all seem to be able to do

The AR is not used because it is somehow more deadly than any other semiautomatic rifle it's it tends to be used because it is the most popular rifle platform in the country.

It's no different than the most popular car model in the country being involved in more accidents than any other model.

It's used for the same reason just another model of it is used in Combat. It's damned good at killing or wounding lots of people fast and even a child can operate it with little training.

Any rifle can be operated with little training as for the most part they are rather simple apparatuses

I was 8 when I started shooting .22 rifles.

Forum List

Back