What is the republican solution to ending mass shootings? Why don’t they ever offer solutions?

17 mass shootings when the assault weapons ban was in effect...31 in the 10 years after

Do you understand that rifles are not the preferred weapon of mass public shooters....that the worst mass school shooting was done with 2 pistols? The actual research, which I have shown you shows there was no effect with the weapon ban...none.....

You don't know what you are talking about, you are not rational....

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/204431.pdf

The decline in the use of AWs has been due primarily to a reduction in the use of assault pistols (APs), which are used in crime more commonly than assault rifles (ARs). There has not been a clear decline in the use of ARs, though assessments are complicated by the rarity of crimes with these weapons and by substitution of post-ban rifles that are very similar to the banned AR models.
--------
Should it be renewed, the ban’s effects on gun violence are likely to be small at best and perhaps too small for reliable measurement. AWs were rarely used in gun crimes even before the ban.

probably a small amount eh, its the price we Americans pay to have the RIGHT and Freedom to own guns Lesh .
Ohhh...so eventslike Parkland and Sandy Hook and Vegas and Orlando...are just the "price we pay" for you to have your squirrel guns huh?

I'm sure that comforts the loved ones of those victims

No.... the 1.1 million times a year Americans use their legal guns to stop criminals from raping, robbing and murdering them is the benefit we get from guns...guns save lives.....in fact, as more Americans own and carry guns our gun crime rates went down, not up.....another benefit....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Very few guns were ever used illegally purchased from guns shows. Such a policy would only make you feel a little better but not solve anything.
What are you basing that on exactly?

FBI statistics.
I don’t buy it til I see the statistics. It doesn’t really make any sense though. There’s no reason why that would be.

Sure there's a reason. Most of the sellers at gun shows are licensed dealers. As such, they are (by law) required to do a background check be it at a gun show or in their place of business. Even people who sell their personal firearms usually ask for ID of some sort. It would kind of be stupid not to because if that weapon is used in a crime, the detectives will trace it back to the last owner and they would have to answer questions about it.

Guns used in crimes are statistically stolen or purchased from straw buyers.
No actually. At gun shows, they are exempt from needing background checks. As long as the dealer doesn’t have previous knowledge that someone is a dangerous felon, they can sell it.

wrong....a licensed dealer has to do a background check....anyone else, selling their personal firearms doesn't need to do a background check....but if you force universal background checks, the criminals will still just use straw buyers or steal the guns....

The only reason the anti-gun movement wants universal background checks, which they know will not stop criminals from getting guns, is so they can then demand universal gun registration, which they know they will need when and if they get the power to ban more guns....

What I said was the AR was designed for WAR. And it's pretty good at it. The same features that makes it good for a battle field also makes it the best choice for mass shootings and a poor choice for home defense.

But you keep telling me what I think and say.

The 2nd Amendment was written to secure the right of the people to keep and bear arms for the purpose of

A. Defending themselves and their State against a tyrannical government (War)

B. Defend their individual homes against common criminals

My complexion has never looked better.

probably a small amount eh, its the price we Americans pay to have the RIGHT and Freedom to own guns Lesh .
Ohhh...so eventslike Parkland and Sandy Hook and Vegas and Orlando...are just the "price we pay" for you to have your squirrel guns huh?

No.... the 1.1 million times a year Americans use their legal guns to stop criminals from raping, robbing and murdering them is the benefit we get from guns...guns save lives.....in fact, as more Americans own and carry guns our gun crime rates went down, not up.....another benefit....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Newsflash...violent crime has been decreasing steadily since the end of the crack epidemic in ....wait for it....the early 90s

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Newsflash...violent crime has been decreasing steadily since the end of the crack epidemic in ....wait for it....the early 90s
46403197_2223410477669152_2343791394620964864_n.jpg

As can be seen, those obsessed with their lethal toys have no inclination to discuss the victims of gun violence, because they have this self proclaimed Right.
Self-proclaimed?

You motherfucking idiot!!!!!

Move to another country. You know SHIT about your own.

Punk, a cowardly person who uses fowl language and fighting words when safely confined in a cage, or hiding behind a keyboard. Aptly applies to you Mr. BLF. You would not have the balls to say this to my face (unless of course you came armed and ready to commit a felony).

So that was bird language?

I didn't know birds could cuss

Parrots can, thus they're foul fowl.
FBI statistics.
I don’t buy it til I see the statistics. It doesn’t really make any sense though. There’s no reason why that would be.

Sure there's a reason. Most of the sellers at gun shows are licensed dealers. As such, they are (by law) required to do a background check be it at a gun show or in their place of business. Even people who sell their personal firearms usually ask for ID of some sort. It would kind of be stupid not to because if that weapon is used in a crime, the detectives will trace it back to the last owner and they would have to answer questions about it.

Guns used in crimes are statistically stolen or purchased from straw buyers.
No actually. At gun shows, they are exempt from needing background checks. As long as the dealer doesn’t have previous knowledge that someone is a dangerous felon, they can sell it.

Anyone with an FFL MUST run a background check the only people who don't are people who enter into private sales

And private sales are a problem, should they be regulated?
how are private sales an issue? name an incident from a gun bought on a private sale.

Well, that pretty well sums things up. The Right Guncrazies don't have any input to any solutions other than "More Guns". The people willing to discuss things about the OP just gets yelled down. And you wonder why things are so screwed up. And then you wonder why the voters don't take you seriously. You aren't right, you are just LOUD!!!!!
wow, you didn't read any of the thread I see.

Um yeah, in terms of individual mass shootings, it’s basically all white guys.

So....we have given you pages of the actual solution to mass public shootings....what is your solution....?
Gun control policies that work. Other first world nations don’t even have this problem. Unfortunately for America where there are an endless supply of fucking guns, it would require ceasing production. Yeah, yeah, you don’t like that idea. Don’t bother telling me.

And ceasing production would do what?
Ceasing production of semi automatics specifically. Granted there are already a shitload of semi auto guns, but it would go a long way.

The shooter in Crimea murdered 21 with a 5 shot, pump action shotguns...it isn't the gun, it is the gun free zone filled with helpless, unarmed people......

And mass public shootings?

2016.... 71 dead
2017... 117 dead, and this is an outlier year...

People carrying guns for self defense, mostly semi automatic pistols....17.25 million. Can you see why your call for banning semi automatics is really pretty silly? With close to 600 million guns in private hands..... and 16 million AR-15 rifles in private hands?

Lawn mower deaths each year.... 75.

Dead due to falling off ladders...300

Accidental car deaths.... 38,000
what's funny, or sad, is that ~500 people got on board airplanes where the suspects used box cutters as weapons and they all died. Because of box cutters. I haven't heard anyone wanting to outlaw box cutters. Instead they put better cockpit doors on the plane so the suspects couldn't enter. get a mass murderer with a gun and it's always the gun. ignorance is bliss.

Parrots can, thus they're foul fowl.
And private sales are a problem, should they be regulated?
why do you care? again, nothing that has happened is outside the ask from the left. So, the issue isn't guns. So find something new. Gangs use stolen guns, doesn't look like mass murderers do. you have no evidence to date.

Why do I care? 'cause I have empathy.

The rest of your post is confusing.

What does, "again, nothing that has happened is outside the ask from the left", mean?

I have no evidence to support what? Common sense suggests some guns are stolen, some guns are purchased legally and some illegally.

You do now a gun owner can have empathy and still not want to give up his guns don't you?

Some of us realize that law abiding gun owners giving up their guns or the prohibiting of them from buying certain guns will do absolutely nothing to prevent anyone else from being a victim of violence.

Not one person will be spared from being murdered if I melted down my guns today.

When have I ever claimed I supported a law abiding, sane and sober person from buying a defensive gun.

Now, we can argue all day about what is and what is not a defensive gun.
ALL guns can be used for defense its not up to you to tell people what is or is not the best choice for them.
sure it is, ask him. He's got it all solved. he's a fking genius. He prefers to let people die though since he can't actually put in motion a solution.

Okay, so any level gun control is bad which is of course retarded on its own, but the right can’t even think of any alternatives to curbing gun violence. Saying “no” to everything accomplishes absolutely nothing. It’s astounding we are still at square one.
They wont take ownership of flooding the market with guns and killing as many laws as possible. They apparently want everyone to have guns. What a fun world that will be.

Okay, so any level gun control is bad which is of course retarded on its own, but the right can’t even think of any alternatives to curbing gun violence. Saying “no” to everything accomplishes absolutely nothing. It’s astounding we are still at square one.
They wont take ownership of flooding the market with guns and killing as many laws as possible. They apparently want everyone to have guns. What a fun world that will be.
box cutters took down four american jets. killed ~600 passengers.

why do you care? again, nothing that has happened is outside the ask from the left. So, the issue isn't guns. So find something new. Gangs use stolen guns, doesn't look like mass murderers do. you have no evidence to date.

What does, "again, nothing that has happened is outside the ask from the left", mean?

I have no evidence to support what? Common sense suggests some guns are stolen, some guns are purchased legally and some illegally.

You do now a gun owner can have empathy and still not want to give up his guns don't you?

Some of us realize that law abiding gun owners giving up their guns or the prohibiting of them from buying certain guns will do absolutely nothing to prevent anyone else from being a victim of violence.

Not one person will be spared from being murdered if I melted down my guns today.

When have I ever claimed I supported a law abiding, sane and sober person from buying a defensive gun.

ALL guns can be used for defense its not up to you to tell people what is or is not the best choice for them.
sure it is, ask him. He's got it all solved. he's a fking genius. He prefers to let people die though since he can't actually put in motion a solution.

You logic is amazing, as much so as it's absurdity.

More unregulated guns will equate to more deaths of innocent people.

I do not prefer to have people die and in fact I have little to do to create an environment which fits my principles.

That you and others attack my comments as a gun grabber, is just one more BIG LIE. Anyone can review my comments which I have held since Columbine.

[My niece and nephew grew up in Littleton Co. and attended Columbine before the mass killing. My brother-in-law moved the family to Texas the year before the murder of students one of whom was a friend of my niece]

I first fired a firearm when I was 8 years old, my grandfather was a police officer and he trained me on the basic safety issues. We didn't shoot at a target, but in a sort of canyon in San Mateo County. That was not my first lesson on gun safety, when my grandfather came home from work the gun belt was placed in the center of the dinning room table, so was a candy dish.

I made a move towad the candy and got a smack on the butt before I got close to the gun or the candy.

I do not prefer to have people die and in fact I have little to do to create an environment which fits my principles.

That you and others attack my comments as a gun grabber, is just one more BIG LIE. Anyone can review my comments which I have held since Columbine.

[My niece and nephew grew up in Littleton Co. and attended Columbine before the mass killing. My brother-in-law moved the family to Texas the year before the murder of students one of whom was a friend of my niece]

I first fired a firearm when I was 8 years old, my grandfather was a police officer and he trained me on the basic safety issues. We didn't shoot at a target, but in a sort of canyon in San Mateo County. That was not my first lesson on gun safety, when my grandfather came home from work the gun belt was placed in the center of the dinning room table, so was a candy dish.

I made a move towad the candy and got a smack on the butt before I got close to the gun or the candy.

prove it.

can you provide a link to one mass murder that was with an unregulated obtained gun?

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

The crack epidemic ended? WTF did that happen? More Americans are dying today from recreational narcotics than at any time in history.

I made a move toward the candy and got a smack on the butt before I got close to the gun or the candy.

can you provide a link to one mass murder that was with an unregulated obtained gun?

Why would I bother. A lethal weapon is the common denominator of all mass murders by gun. Your observation, if I'm correct, is that regulated guns are the source of mass murder, and that blows a hole on the argument against vetting, licensing and registration of guns.

The Republican solution is simple:

If everyone would shoot everyone else until there was just one person left...then mass shootings would come to and end.

I made a move toward the candy and got a smack on the butt before I got close to the gun or the candy.

Why would I bother. A lethal weapon is the common denominator of all mass murders by gun. Your observation, if I'm correct, is that regulated guns are the source of mass murder, and that blows a hole on the argument against vetting, licensing and registration of guns.
especially when mass murder happens with box cutters. yeah, that's my position.

The Republican solution is simple:

If everyone would shoot everyone else until there was just one person left...then mass shootings would come to and end.

The problem with you on the left is we offered solutions, but none to your liking.

We say have more security in schools, allow willing teachers to arm themselves, get rid of gun-free zones, but as the Lost in Space robot used to say "That does not compute."

So whats the lefts solution? More gun regulations that make it harder on the law abiding citizens to get guns. Get rid of the scary looking weapons, and make sure a mass murderer has to change magazines more often to kill the people he desires to kill.

Forum List

Back