What is the single most important thing that lost it for Hillary/won it for Trump?

John Shaw

Gold Member
Jul 22, 2017
There were obviously hundreds of factors that influenced the results, but I think the most important failure by Clinton was her inability to see that Michigan and Wisconsin were not going for her. i don't know if she could have convinced those people to vote for her, but she could've at least tried.

The other thing? Hillary Clinton herself. Much ado is made about Comey, the email thing, etc. ... but the truth is, she was just an unlikable person without a strong message. Look at Trump; he was walking around with at least as much baggage as her, but he knew how to play a crowd and get people riled up to vote for him. He was still a weak candidate (even Romney received more votes), but she was just pitifully weak. Why vote for Hillary Clinton? Because anything but Donald Trump. That's not enough to get people to vote for you.

I'm still convinced that Clinton was the absolute worst candidate they could've put out there. I think Bernie would have beat Trump soundly, though I'm not a big fan of his, either.

Many reason, that being said there was one "most important" factor in my opinion. Establishment vs non-establishment businessman.

It was not a year to be an establishment candidate and it was made even more glaring when you have a pro-American, billionaire, household name like Trump who is about as unorthodox and anti-establishment as you could get for someone so well known. Look at Sanders, without super delegates and the total bias against him, he probably beats Hillary and quite possibly Trump. Thankfully he lost. America becoming like Europe?? That cannot happen.

Not only did Trump know how to exploit the anti-establishment sentiment, he pointed out how absurd America was being treated and making "deals" in the world. He immediately walks away from TPP and the Paris Accord, and is now going after NAFTA. Unfortunately, the border tariff didn't have support, that would have helped American workers immensely.

President Donald Trump is America's Ronald Reagan. President Trump has the same vision for America that President Ronald Reagan had. Make America great again. They have more in common than any other two Presidents in recent American history. I will compare the two as often as I like whether you like it or not.
upload_2017-7-29_20-10-22.png

I supported Trump from Day 2 and said he could win it based on his response to the howls of outrage regarding his comment that Mexico is sending us rapists. Did he apologize? Not only did he not apologize, he doubled down. That man can win, I said.

Let's face it, Hillary beat both Sanders for the Communist Democrat base vote and Trump for the American vote. Dems would be fools not to run her again in 2020

Obama forced her to run on his agenda.

Once she got committed to that, and with Trump not being
bashful at throwing around words...she was dead meat.

There were obviously hundreds of factors that influenced the results, but I think the most important failure by Clinton was her inability to see that Michigan and Wisconsin were not going for her. i don't know if she could have convinced those people to vote for her, but she could've at least tried.

The other thing? Hillary Clinton herself. Much ado is made about Comey, the email thing, etc. ... but the truth is, she was just an unlikable person without a strong message. Look at Trump; he was walking around with at least as much baggage as her, but he knew how to play a crowd and get people riled up to vote for him. He was still a weak candidate (even Romney received more votes), but she was just pitifully weak. Why vote for Hillary Clinton? Because anything but Donald Trump. That's not enough to get people to vote for you.

I'm still convinced that Clinton was the absolute worst candidate they could've put out there. I think Bernie would have beat Trump soundly, though I'm not a big fan of his, either.

the single reason that Christians and other American patriots voted for Trump was the SCOTUS. Nothing else mattered. Giving Hillary the power to change the SCOTUS was just too much for the corrupt woman.

President Donald Trump is America's Ronald Reagan. President Trump has the same vision for America that President Ronald Reagan had. Make America great again. They have more in common than any other two Presidents in recent American history. I will compare the two as often as I like whether you like it or not.
View attachment 141143
Sorry, but I voted for Trump and Reagan, Trump is no Reagan and to say he is, is an insult to one of our greatest presidents.

I supported Trump from Day 2 and said he could win it based on his response to the howls of outrage regarding his comment that Mexico is sending us rapists. Did he apologize? Not only did he not apologize, he doubled down. That man can win, I said.

That's only part of it. The Democrat party has become the anti-white party. People who follow politics understand the motive here which is make whites a minority in this country as soon as possible. If Democrats can accomplish that, they have a good chance at making this country a one party government forever.

So the wall, immigration, illegals all tie into this, and that was Trump's strongest message.

That's only part of it. The Democrat party has become the anti-white party. People who follow politics understand the motive here which is make whites a minority in this country as soon as possible. If Democrats can accomplish that, they have a good chance at making this country a one party government forever.

So the wall, immigration, illegals all tie into this, and that was Trump's strongest message.
That scenario only plays out if minorities are non thinking drones who will only vote Democrat. I don't believe that to be the case.

Last edited:
What won for Trump:

He wants to make America great again, instead of making the shills rich.

What lost it for Clinton:

She wanted to make the shills prosper, at the expense of America.

What won for Trump:

BS GOP propaganda, dupe. Comey's letter cost Hilary 6-7%. End of story.

What won for Trump:

BS GOP propaganda, dupe. Comey's letter cost Hilary 6-7%. End of story.
I wish you were right, but that would take a huge turn around on Trump's part. So far, he's an idiot Foxbot and worse...

Trump got the to the left of Clinton on trade and with that won enough of the labor vote in the rust belt to flip 3 states.

I never liked or trusted Hillary and felt that way since she was first lady. I think she is basically unlikeable and I think many just don't trust her. She comes off as arrogant and her laugh seems forced. It's like she has to really try hard just to sound like a normal person.

I know many Dem friends who voted for Trump and supported him all along. Hillary meant more of what we were getting with Obama. People were sick of the protests over every little thing, the out of control political correctness, the badmouthing of cops.

Hillary's speech to Wall Street where she admitted she supported open borders and one world government was beyond scary. She also admitted that she has private views that differ from her public ones. Right there, you know she'll say one thing and do another. She may as well come out and said that we can believe a damn thing she says, because we can't. She also came out and admitted that she will fight against the 2nd amendment every chance she got.

I think her own actions and words turned people off and that would have been the case without WikiLeaks releasing the emails that showed a deep corruption.

We also know she was given debate questions in advance, which made her look weak and showed she is indeed dishonest.
I choose Trump because he is anti-establishment. Politicians suck, all of them. We should never have politicians, who know nothing but playing politics, in Washington. It was always intended that the people would take turns serving. Fuck the politicians who made a career out being in Washington. That goes against everything this country stands for.

I am all for term limits, getting more real people involved who aren't there to further their political career, and draining the swamp for real.

I am tired of people believing that people need experience in politics. You don't need it to understand and obey our constitution. And you damn sure don't need it to know what is best for people. If anything, too much experience in Washington just makes people more apt to concern themselves with party and their personal gain than serving the American people.

Besides the SCOTUS nominations which actually did dominate most thought it was just time to change the party in the WH. Hillary would have won in 2008, it was the democrat's turn. But she was screwed by Obama and the DNC. 2016 and the people were tired of Obama and his ways, the worm had turned. Any other Republican would have buried Hillary even more so then did Trump. Trump's timing was right on.

I never liked or trusted Hillary and felt that way since she was first lady. I think she is basically unlikeable and I think many just don't trust her. She comes off as arrogant and her laugh seems forced. It's like she has to really try hard just to sound like a normal person.

I know many Dem friends who voted for Trump and supported him all along. Hillary meant more of what we were getting with Obama. People were sick of the protests over every little thing, the out of control political correctness, the badmouthing of cops.

Hillary's speech to Wall Street where she admitted she supported open borders and one world government was beyond scary. She also admitted that she has private views that differ from her public ones. Right there, you know she'll say one thing and do another. She may as well come out and said that we can believe a damn thing she says, because we can't. She also came out and admitted that she will fight against the 2nd amendment every chance she got.

I think her own actions and words turned people off and that would have been the case without WikiLeaks releasing the emails that showed a deep corruption.

We also know she was given debate questions in advance, which made her look weak and showed she is indeed dishonest.
I choose Trump because he is anti-establishment. Politicians suck, all of them. We should never have politicians, who know nothing but playing politics, in Washington. It was always intended that the people would take turns serving. Fuck the politicians who made a career out being in Washington. That goes against everything this country stands for.

I am all for term limits, getting more real people involved who aren't there to further their political career, and draining the swamp for real.

I am tired of people believing that people need experience in politics. You don't need it to understand and obey our constitution. And you damn sure don't need it to know what is best for people. If anything, too much experience in Washington just makes people more apt to concern themselves with party and their personal gain than serving the American people.
Hillary's speech about open borders was about trade and her "dream", and was given to Brazilians. The rest of your brainwashed BS is about the same...

Trump got the to the left of Clinton on trade and with that won enough of the labor vote in the rust belt to flip 3 states.
Of course, he was FOS and her message was ruined by bs gossip...
Her message? What in the hell was her message? More of the same? Status quo? Support the establishment? She didn't have a message she was so sure but oh so wrong.

Forum List

Back