What is the source of FDR's greatness

What is the source of FDR's greatness

• Historians say so, who are we to argue we's have to think and who has time for that?

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Denier!

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
'

Roosevelt's Greatness was his Magnificent Ability to pull the wool over the eyes of everybody.

And I do mean everybody -- left and right, and above and below.

Historians consistently rank FDR as the Number 1 US President and it's time to ask why. What is the basis for this "Greatness"

Was it his economic record?

Was it his geo-political accomplishments

Are these historians even using the same scale as Americans

Are we "Deniers" for denying the obvious greatness of the man who oversaw an economy worse than the 7 Biblical Lean Years, enabled befriended and abetted history's 2 biggest mass murderers, helped enslave 1.5 billion people under the crushing yoke of Communism, ran inhumane experiments on blacks at Tuskegee or interred 110,000 Japanese Americans in camps to help Democrats in the election
he is considered great in my opinion because he is the only President to be elected more than two times and because of his leadership during WW2 for the record Lincoln should be number one in my view.

'

Roosevelt's Greatness was his Magnificent Ability to pull the wool over the eyes of everybody.

And I do mean everybody -- left and right, and above and below.

So you agreed with my post?

Quit doing that, I'll get a reputation.

He saved the Reagan Family, but you don't know this because you get all your information from rightwing media (and is the primary reason that Ronald Reagan supported him and campaigned for Truman).

Ronald Reagan's father was unemployed - and the family was in desperate trouble. FDR's big government provided him with a job at a time when the Reagan family was having trouble surviving. (Read Reagan's first autobiography "Where's the Rest of Me", and you will get the whole story)

Critics of FDR's work programs said that they were basically like government handouts because they were inefficient and were part of a Government structure which taxed the wealthy at a higher rate.

FDR didn't see it as a handout to the Reagan Family. He described it as an investment in Great Americans - i.e., hard working families that had fallen on hard times. FDR said that if you help people during hard times, that they would have a better chance of moving on to do great things. He speculated that if you gave more Americans a chance at success that you might be saving future scientists and maybe even a president. But the whole point was that he saw the good in people. He trusted them. He didn't see the need to call every family that fell on hard times as Welfare Queens. He was willing to use government's resources not just to help mega-corporations or bailout big banks, but also to help decent American families like the Reagans.

(You've been lied to. Turn off talk radio and study history. Your ignorance is killing this nation)

FDR had faith in the American People - that's why he helped the Reagan Family during hard times. He invested in them just like government invests in roads and energy grids.

(Some say the investment paid off)

Ronald Reagan campaigning for Truman because FDR saved his family during the depression
Reagan Campaigns for Truman in 1948 - YouTube

Never knew that. That's some interesting stuff

Historians consistently rank FDR as the Number 1 US President and it's time to ask why. What is the basis for this "Greatness"

Are we "Deniers" for denying the obvious greatness of the man who oversaw an economy worse than the 7 Biblical Lean Years, enabled befriended and abetted history's 2 biggest mass murderers, helped enslave 1.5 billion people under the crushing yoke of Communism, ran inhumane experiments on blacks at Tuskegee or interred 110,000 Japanese Americans in camps to help Democrats in the election

The source of his greatness was GI Joe..without whom he was just another shlub.

The source of his greatness was GI Joe..without whom he was just another shlub.

So the historians liked FDR the people who lived during his presidency liked him and now we discover the GI's liked him. The historians in their last rating used twenty criteria to judge all the presidents and that scale may be different than the qualities conservatives use to judge FDR.

He saved the Reagan Family, but you don't know this because you get all your information from rightwing media (and is the primary reason that Ronald Reagan supported him and campaigned for Truman).

Ronald Reagan's father was unemployed - and the family was in desperate trouble. FDR's big government provided him with a job at a time when the Reagan family was having trouble surviving. (Read Reagan's first autobiography "Where's the Rest of Me", and you will get the whole story)

Critics of FDR's work programs said that they were basically like government handouts because they were inefficient and were part of a Government structure which taxed the wealthy at a higher rate.

FDR didn't see it as a handout to the Reagan Family. He described it as an investment in Great Americans - i.e., hard working families that had fallen on hard times. FDR said that if you help people during hard times, that they would have a better chance of moving on to do great things. He speculated that if you gave more Americans a chance at success that you might be saving future scientists and maybe even a president. But the whole point was that he saw the good in people. He trusted them. He didn't see the need to call every family that fell on hard times as Welfare Queens. He was willing to use government's resources not just to help mega-corporations or bailout big banks, but also to help decent American families like the Reagans.

(You've been lied to. Turn off talk radio and study history. Your ignorance is killing this nation)

FDR had faith in the American People - that's why he helped the Reagan Family during hard times. He invested in them just like government invests in roads and energy grids.

Ronald Reagan campaigning for Truman because FDR saved his family during the depression

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZMafGzDJdo]Ronald Reagan Takes Some of the Blame 'Yes, For Many Years I Was a Democrat' www.RightFace.us - YouTube[/ame]

In spite of all the lies and re-writing of history by the 'Conservatives', the citizens of America still consider FDR one of the Great Presidents. One might also note how many of these 'Conservatives' have posted that they consider Lincoln to be a criminal. The aura of greatness which FDR is remembered in long after these 'Conservatives' are not even a memory.

In spite of all the lies and re-writing of history by the 'Conservatives', the citizens of America still consider FDR one of the Great Presidents. One might also note how many of these 'Conservatives' have posted that they consider Lincoln to be a criminal. The aura of greatness which FDR is remembered in long after these 'Conservatives' are not even a memory.

rewrote?

He put asians and germans AMERICANS in prison camps

He used humans, black AMERICANS, as guinea pigs.

Those CRIMES alone should have gotten him executed.

but no, to morons he's Number One.

you "people" are evil, pure unadulterated evil.

World War II which solved all his problems ( because his "solutions" were not working)

What really irks our conservative "friends" is that not only was FDR a popular president during difficult economic times (unlike his Republican counterparts) - but he had the audacity to be re-elected to 4 consecutive terms.

Conservatives have never been good at accepting rejection or accepting responsibility for the mistakes they made in office, which is why they introduced the "Republican's revenge" after FDR's death - the 22nd Amendment!

Last edited:
What really irks our conservative "friends" is that not only was FDR a popular president during difficult economic times (unlike his Republican counterparts) - but he had the audacity to be re-elected to 4 consecutive terms.

Conservatives have never been good at accepting rejection or accepting responsibility for the mistakes they made in office, which is why they introduced the "Republican's revenge" after FDR's death - the 22nd Amendment!

So you're saying that liberals love true evil in the White House.

Thank you for being truthful

Traditionally, the presidency was seen as a public service and not king position. That is why no president in 140 years before FDR broke the tradition of two terms. Everyone just realized that FDR exploited our proud tradition (like everything else).

The poll didn't give many options. In talking to the ww2 generation back in the 50's and 60's I never heard anything but great respect for FDR. "He saved our farm", "the wpa put us to work when there was no work, gave a guy a little respect and a some money to spend". And I remember asking one old timer if he was ever worried about the japs and germans winning the war and he said, no, we had roosevelt. Never heard an unkind word about him but then I only knew working class people then. We might get back to those days again if the profit motive and to hell with ordinary Americans continues to be our number one goal.

And in the end?

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing of worth to say to the far right reactionary deniers is "Good night, and good luck" because without luck, they have nothing to work with.

Forum List

Back