The Source of FDR's Greatness

What is the source of FDR's Imaginary Greatness?

• 20% Average unemployment of his entire first 2 terms

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Cuddled up to "Uncle Joe" Stalin immediately after he starved 3MM children to death in the Ukraine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He, um saved capitalism from itself or something like that

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • He lead the USSR to victory in WWII, letting them keep all of Eastern Europe

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
Roosevelt implemented massive government programs to "help" the problems of the Depression, but only succeeded in injecting so much uncertainty into the economy that he drew out the Depression to make it "Great", holding the country in an agony of economic paralysis for much longer than any depression of other economic downturn in history. It is not known how many people died, or lived shortened, more miserable lives, as a result of Roosevelt's misguided meddling in an economy he didn't understand.

Roosevelt also recognized a great threat to the civilized world, in the alliance between Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan, and wisely turned his generals loose on them, supporting them with wise (if draconian) financial moves and industrial re-organization, thus helping to defeat and obliteate the threat. Though he made mistakes during this time, his achievement in the running of the American part of WWII was a triumph.

His warped and destructive economic policies of the pre-WWII days, continued after his death. Many linger to the present day, and place heavy and destructive burdens on the American people.

Gee, you read NONE DARE CALL IT TREASON! didn't you? If not, you were brainwashed by the same dirt. I read it in the late 70s, thought the author stepped out of an insane asylum. Eisenhower was a Communist you know..................................

We keep hearing that "FDR was the Greatest President EVAH!!!" He was the greatest! The Greatest! Historians say he was the Greatest, so he's the Greatest Evah!! In like forever!

Then you ask, "Based on what? What was the source of his greatness" and the response back is, "Denier!! FDR was the Greatest President EVAH!!!" He was the greatest! The Greatest! Historians say he was the Greatest, so he's the Greatest Evah!! In like forever!"

I must have missed something and, like the elusive Global Warming Experiment that shows a both a temperature increase and a drop in ocean pH from 8.25 to 8.15 from adding 120PPM of CO2, I can't find the source of FDR's Greatness.

Help me out here will ya?

Maybe you missed the Great Depression and World War II? Some interesting history books about and the library will often loan them.

Gee, you read NONE DARE CALL IT TREASON! didn't you? If not, you were brainwashed by the same dirt. I read it in the late 70s, thought the author stepped out of an insane asylum. Eisenhower was a Communist you know..................................

of reading a book. He does demonstrate a robust sycophantic slavishness to PC's faux-historical flights of McCarthyistic reds-under-the-beds dementia however.

of reading a book. He does demonstrate a robust sycophantic slavishness to PC's faux-historical flights of McCarthyistic reds-under-the-beds dementia however.

McCarthy warned of Reds in the White House and he understated the extent to which they controlled US policy

Last edited:
We keep hearing that "FDR was the Greatest President EVAH!!!" He was the greatest! The Greatest! Historians say he was the Greatest, so he's the Greatest Evah!! In like forever!

Then you ask, "Based on what? What was the source of his greatness" and the response back is, "Denier!! FDR was the Greatest President EVAH!!!" He was the greatest! The Greatest! Historians say he was the Greatest, so he's the Greatest Evah!! In like forever!"

I must have missed something and, like the elusive Global Warming Experiment that shows a both a temperature increase and a drop in ocean pH from 8.25 to 8.15 from adding 120PPM of CO2, I can't find the source of FDR's Greatness.

Help me out here will ya?

Maybe you missed the Great Depression and World War II? Some interesting history books about and the library will often loan them.

Yes, we're discussing the FDR Depression. The only thing "Great" about it was how FDR used it to push his failed Progressive economic ideas

He built the best motorcycle cruising highway in America. The Blue Ridge Parkway, Shenandoah and Great Smokey Mountains National Parks are Monuments to what the nut jobs call his "failed economic policies". 75 years after he began these work projects, the work is still being used by citizens. The stone walls and barriers are still in place and there are even stone structures built by his crews still standing and being used.

http://nps.gov/blri/index.htm

Last edited:
He built the best motorcycle cruising highway in America. The Blue Ridge Parkway, Shenandoah and Great Smokey Mountains National Parks are Monuments to what the nut jobs call his "failed economic policies". 75 years after he began these work projects, the work is still being used by citizens. The stone walls and barriers are still in place and there are even stone structures built by his crews still standing and being used.

I'll remember that next time I'm in Rome

75 years.

Wow

He built the best motorcycle cruising highway in America.

And he stretched what should have been a normal recession, into the Great Depression by raising taxes, usurping stat authority, and injecting massive uncertainty into the economy during an economic downturn.

Roosevelt implemented massive government programs to "help" the problems of the Depression, but only succeeded in injecting so much uncertainty into the economy that he drew out the Depression to make it "Great", holding the country in an agony of economic paralysis for much longer than any depression of other economic downturn in history. It is not known how many people died, or lived shortened, more miserable lives, as a result of Roosevelt's misguided meddling in an economy he didn't understand.

He was a randy bastard. Even though he couldn't use his legs he was able to get every young woman he met to satisfy his perverse sexual appetite.

I'll remember that next time I'm in Rome

75 years.

Wow

[[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=NZEDMoPtatg"]http://youtube.com/watch?v=NZEDMoPtatg[/ame]

Wow is right, but they don't have nothing like this in Rome.

Last edited:

And he stretched what should have been a normal recession, into the Great Depression by raising taxes, usurping stat authority, and injecting massive uncertainty into the economy during an economic downturn.

You have opinions and opinions are just opinions. This is real and we all have this thanks to that guy FDR.

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=vRW-H6tjS_4]Blue Ridge Parkway to Thunder in the Smokies Motorcycle Rally Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

From 1933 until Hitler Conquered France in 1940, US Unemployment averaged 20%.

Is that what made FDR great?

Nope...
Revised+US+Unemployment.bmp

See you chart says "Revised"

You see that, right?
I do. So far we have three going. Mine, with Federal Jobs included, the standard then without them, and Pat's let's not count Farm Workers. All three show the same trends, and even the middle one shows the average from '33 to '40 was 18.46%, not 20% or above. Bad times no matter how you look at it. It also shows FDR tried to get back to normal too soon and that caused another smaller recession until WWII made it essentially zero.

Full Employment in capitalism is 5% unemployment BTW.

Last edited:

You have opinions and opinions are just opinions.

TRANSLATION: I can't refute anything you said. So instead of agreeing, I'll ignore it and pretend it's not so.

1. "...McCarthyistic reds-under-the-beds dementia..."

Is that akin to the Liberal 'racists-under-the-beds' dementia?

2. "a robust sycophantic slavishness to PC's faux-historical flights..."

Do you know the meaning of 'faux'?

Seems not.

If you did, and used it correctly, you and your ilk would have found errors in the myriad facts I've posted about the megalomanic, FDR.....

...and, to date.......you've found none.

3. But this is the best: you, and FDR-groupie, actually wrote "...sycophantic slavishness..."

The concept of irony has spent the entirety of its existence waiting for you to come along and give it meaning.

Grand Coulee Dam: History and purpose

Just another way FDR found to waste money just to give people jobs. Anyone know if we still use than dam?

"Cost benefits

The Bureau of Reclamation in 1932 estimated the cost of constructing Grand Coulee Dam (not including the Third Powerplant) to be $168 million; its actual cost was $163 million ($1.85 billion in 1998). Expenses to finish the power stations and repair design flaws with the dam throughout the 1940s and '50s added another $107 million, bringing the total cost to $270 million ($2.6 billion in 1998), about 33% over estimates.[80] The Third Powerplant was estimated to cost $390 million in 1967, but higher construction costs and labor disputes drove the project's final cost in 1973 to $730 million ($2.93 billion in 1998), about 55% over estimates. Despite estimates being exceeded, the dam became an economic success, particularly with the Third Powerplant exhibiting a benefit-cost ratio of 2:1.[63] Although Reclamation has only irrigated about half of the land predicted, the gross value of crop output (in constant dollars) had doubled from 1962 to 1992, largely due to different farming practices and crop choices.[35"
Grand Coulee Dam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And even make-work jobs that got people eating again were well worth the money.

Forum List

Back