What is the U.S. goal in Ukraine?

Aside from "making the world safe for democracy" or some similar claptrap, what is the specific goal of U.S.policy towards Ukrainian territory? Is it to restore Ukrainian sovereignty over its 2020 borders with Russia, or is it to restore its sovereignty over Crimea, which was "annexed" by Russia in 2014? Or are we simply giving a blank check to Ukranian President Zelinsky to do whatever he wants?
I have no clue.

President Biden left Afghanistan in shambles when he insanely just pulled everyone out with no thought or plan leaving tens of thousands of civilians to die or be brutalized.

Supposedly it was to get us out of unwinnable wars. But, before the dust settled, we are back in a far more dangerous war in Ukraine, a proxy war with Russia which is now aligning with a much worse enemy, Communist China.

And exactly what are you, cupcake? I'm your Huckleberry for "disgusting language". I worked at the port. You ever hear the term "cuss like a sailor"?

That's where that came from. No sentence is complete without 2 "fucks" in the port.

They won't even understand you without it. :auiqs.jpg:
You're all class pal, oh wait a Trumper.

To make Russia toothless, weak, and unable to continue its expansion into any of the NATO or EU nations. Ukraine actually succeeding in liberating itself is of secondary importance to the previous goal....but that won't stop us from cheerleading them if they do win.
How's that working out?

Communist China, a far more dangerous enemy, is now aligning with Russia. That's an alliance President Trump warned us about and he was able to keep them apart.

I don't see much difference for the people of Ukraine between living under Russian or Ukrainian rule. Both are run by corrupt oligarchs and have severely restricted the freedom of their citizens. What's the difference?

If that consensus happens to be accurate, then no. We shouldn’t support it.

But I’m not completely convinced that. The consensus is accurate.

Plus, I do see world value in denying Putin’s Russia the benefit of any rewards for his aggression.

Is the entire argument able to be wrapped up in such tidy propositions? I doubt it. But one consensus I do see is that nobody supports Putin.
Communist China is supporting President Putin. It could be worse, but I don't know how.

Why are you sympathetic towards Russia?
Not a matter of being sympathetic toward Russia. It's a matter of being realistic in a very dangerous world. Keeping Russia and China from forming an alliance is incredibly important. Like always, Biden made a wrong decision and now they are aligning.

Way to go President Biden. Previously your wrong decisions were behind the scenes, you supported the wrong side. Now it's on the world stage and the consequences are massive.

What is the U.S. goal in Ukraine?​

Give them all our wealth, pay their pensions then you will be left with nothing
but tree bark to eat. Our government does not represent us anymore, their interest is in helping other corrupt countries and fuck you.

Aside from "making the world safe for democracy" or some similar claptrap, what is the specific goal of U.S.policy towards Ukrainian territory? Is it to restore Ukrainian sovereignty over its 2020 borders with Russia, or is it to restore its sovereignty over Crimea, which was "annexed" by Russia in 2014? Or are we simply giving a blank check to Ukranian President Zelinsky to do whatever he wants?
Antisemitic !

This is just another proxy war with Russia.

We've been doing it regularly since WWII

Not a matter of being sympathetic toward Russia. It's a matter of being realistic in a very dangerous world. Keeping Russia and China from forming an alliance is incredibly important. Like always, Biden made a wrong decision and now they are aligning.

Way to go President Biden. Previously your wrong decisions were behind the scenes, you supported the wrong side. Now it's on the world stage and the consequences are massive.
Our President is defending a nation being wrongly invaded, a nation in need of humanitarian aid, a nation whose civilian population is being attacked.

Today, NATO is stronger thanks to our President

Last edited:
How's that working out?

Communist China, a far more dangerous enemy, is now aligning with Russia. That's an alliance President Trump warned us about and he was able to keep them apart.

I don't see much difference for the people of Ukraine between living under Russian or Ukrainian rule. Both are run by corrupt oligarchs and have severely restricted the freedom of their citizens. What's the difference?
Actually many of the corrupt oligarchs are getting either sent back to Russia or dethroned from power with their assets seized. It's not been completely cleaned of course...the corruption runs deep and systemic as it has been this way for centuries. (As led by Russia)

Zelenski seems to be trying to clean things up. Even his friends are not immune to their justice system. Putin's friends? Of course not....they get prisoner exchanged.

So we'll see what comes of this regime. And we definitely need to keep Hunter Biden out of the place. Some of the "oil people " he was dealing with in Ukraine were straight out of Russia.
I have hope for the people...not much faith but hope once this war is over.

Then why are we sending billions to Ukriane, they don't need it.

So amusing that lefties are backing the war machine these days, if only Bush & Cheney were back, they'd be so confused.
This. It is just a crazy world that the Democrats are living in.

Long live Robert Byrd what a great American. What a great American hero he was one of the best 20th century politicians of American history.

Something has to be said here. Some Republicans don’t like Robert Byrd that’s not right. Don’t do that my friends that’s the same thing that the BLM leaders would do.

I wonder if Robert Byrd would survive in today’s political nature with whack jobs like the squad and those that support cancel culture that would go after him.

always remember don’t be like BLM leaders who are hypocrites toward history. They never talk about the blacks or Indians who owned slaves

Forum List

Back