What is this BS going around that the first Amendment only applies to the government, not Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then stop talking on the issue.
Who made you hall monitor?

Apparently, YOU did, by advocating for speech to be silenced because someone doesn't like it.
Nope, you’re an idiot. I made no one a hall monitor here nor could I if I even wanted to.
So you'd be fine with USMB just stopping you from posting......
If I posed the risk of bringing litigation against USMB like Jones does, I wouldn’t be surprised to get banned. And if that were to happen, I’d just move on.
Oh so you do know something. Would you care to post a link for that. you could have stated this earlier..hmmmm

Cries s rightard on a thread about how conservatives should be a protected class who should have the right to post on Facebook without being censored. :eusa_doh:

I’m tellin’ ya folks, you can’t make this shit up.
No you can't. The left posts even crazier shit and doesn't ever get censored....not cool

BTW what did Alex Jones get banned for on Facebook
Oh, stop whining like a baby.

As far as Alex Jones, he’s a raving lunatic. Any business would be wise to keep their distance from a nut like that.

Jones was right, you are, were and always will be wrong.

Enjoy
I do enjoy. I more than happy to be on the opposite side of the fence from a raving lunatic like Jones.

iu
I thought you didn't know about him? how do you know he's a raving lunatic?
I never said I don’t know much about him. You really are an idiot, huh?

As far as Alex Jones, he’s a raving lunatic. Any business would be wise to keep their distance from a nut like that.

Enjoy
I do enjoy. I more than happy to be on the opposite side of the fence from a raving lunatic like Jones.

iu

Actually you are the moron that voted for this, and my video is real, not a loop.

You voted for a spastic, really

Enjoy your aborted babies

LOLOLOLOL

Once again, I get you to troll your own thread.

:dance:

I have freedom of expression. You do not approve, this is your sad little life

And you voted for a spaz

Of what exactly do I not approve?

The First Amendment doesn't guarantee you the rights you think it does - CNNPolitics

This scenario illustrates one of the biggest misconceptions people have about the First Amendment. Bottom line: It protects you from the government punishing or censoring or oppressing your speech. It doesn't apply to private organizations. "So if, say, Twitter decides to ban you, you'd be a bit out of luck," Nott says. "You can't make a First Amendment claim in court."

Enjoy

iu

Actually you are the moron that voted for this, and my video is real, not a loop.

LOLOLOLOL

And you voted for a spaz

Of what exactly do I not approve of?

Freedom.

Alveda King voting for Trump
Kanye West voting for Trump
Getting your taxes reduced
The pills your doctor prescribed you

Enjoy

iu

LOLOLOLOL

Sorry, didn’t mean to hurt you widdle feewings.

:badgrin:

You voted for a retard

Anyone but a brainwashed functional moron knows she was joking, brainwashed functional moron.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hillary-clinton-seizure-video/

Try having some context, idiot.

Last edited:
No you can't. The left posts even crazier shit and doesn't ever get censored....not cool

Enjoy

iu
I don’t follow him to know, or care, why FB wants him banned. I do know it’s a private website just like this one; where anyone can be banned for any reason at any time. And to protect themselves from lawsuits brought on by his lunacies, any business, including FB, is wise to banish him.

I don't follow him either. But you \either lied or you're just full of shit.
So you don't follow him, so how do you know he's a lunatic?

LOLOLOLOL

And you voted for a spaz

Of what exactly do I not approve of?

Freedom.

Alveda King voting for Trump
Kanye West voting for Trump
Getting your taxes reduced
The pills your doctor prescribed you

LOL

You’re as nutty as Alex Jones. Has Facebook banned you yet?

Typically lefty, they cant hold up in a discussion, so they want the ban hammer brought.......you're so pathetic

That's some very strange logic you have there.

You're applying talking about laws. Those are very separate things.

The constitution isn't our labor laws. The constitution doesn't have anything to do with labor laws. Labor laws specifically apply to employers.

We have laws that prohibit discrimination in hiring.

The constitution and those laws are two very different things and to try to equate one with the other is dishonest and ridiculous.
The purpose of the first amendment is to protect free speech. At the time it was written, there were no trillion dollar companies with the power to limit anyone's speech, not one

You obviously didn't read the first amendment and you're saying our constitution is the same as our labor and discrimination laws.

Walmart can't refuse to hire a minority because of our labor laws. Not because of the first amendment.

Our labor laws clearly state it applies to employers.

Our first amendment applies to the constitution. The first amendment says congress can't pass any laws abridging free speech. It doesn't say an employer can't create laws that abridge free speech.

You seriously need to learn the english language and the difference between the constitution and our labor and discrimination laws comrade.

Your whole argument is nothing but a lie.
The first amendment was written to protect freedom. It mentioned only the govt because at the time there were no companies able to deny freedoms to the public, this is no longer the case.

So you approve of Walmart not serving conservatives if they so chose?

Interesting

I find your ignorance of history to be as vast as your ignorance of the First Amendment.

The press was entirely privately owned and was viciously partisan at the time the First Amendment was implemented. If there was any intention of 'Freedom of the Press' meaning that private companies couldn't be partisan then the First Amendment would have been written so.

Walmart can chose to not serve conservatives- or liberals- or redheads.

And who Walmart chooses to serve or not serve has nothing to do with the Constitution.

Your ignorance is as vast as the oceans and as shallow as Trump's family values.
Oh please! I'm a redhead and shop at the Walmart grocery store. I hope they don't ban me.....:-(

they might be doing you a favor....:)

Enjoy

iu
I don’t follow him to know, or care, why FB wants him banned. I do know it’s a private website just like this one; where anyone can be banned for any reason at any time. And to protect themselves from lawsuits brought on by his lunacies, any business, including FB, is wise to banish him.

Moron, I don’t follow him because I know he’s a raving lunatic. I’ve seen enough of him to know this. Hell, even you agreed he’s s nut.

Savvy?

Enjoy

iu

This is too fucking funny.

I say he’a a nut who I don’t follow — you claim I’m either lying or full of shit......

But here you are .... also calling him a nut who you don’t follow.

1348488761322-smiley_rofl.gif

Do you see now why folks here laugh at you??

Seriously if Facebook can censor conservatives and it is not subject to the first Amendment, because it is not a public entity, but a private one, then we can all violate the first Amendment since we are all private entities.

So can Walmart not hire a certain color people? They are a private company.

Who thought this nonsense thru?

Dipshit. The First Amendment only applies to government. Settled. Anti-discrimination and public-accommodation laws are a whole other thing entirely. Facebook is entirely free to set up rules for using it.

Perhaps Rosy is a parody?
And she’s soooo easily triggered.

latest

She always ends up trolling her own threads. :lmao:

This thread is about Crazy Alex Jones and she doesn’t even want to talk about him anymore or why he should be banned from Facebook.

Maybe this is like a suicide by cop thing for Rosy; it’s her way of getting her own thread shit down. :dunno:

Is that the best you got? Bye the way, who is this she?

Dopey alert
You. You sound like a whiney “she.”

Now about Alex Jones.... is he still banned from Facebook?

:lmao:

Perhaps Rosy is a parody?
And she’s soooo easily triggered.

latest

She always ends up trolling her own threads. :lmao:

This thread is about Crazy Alex Jones and she doesn’t even want to talk about him anymore or why he should be banned from Facebook.

Maybe this is like a suicide by cop thing for Rosy; it’s her way of getting her own thread shit down. :dunno:

Is that the best you got? Bye the way, who is this she?

Dopey alert
You. You sound like a whiney “she.”

Now about Alex Jones.... is he still banned from Facebook?

:lmao:

Now about Hillary Cliton, is she still the first woman president?

he he he

Seriously if Facebook can censor conservatives and it is not subject to the first Amendment, because it is not a public entity, but a private one, then we can all violate the first Amendment since we are all private entities.

So can Walmart not hire a certain color people? They are a private company.

Who thought this nonsense thru?

Dipshit. The First Amendment only applies to government. Settled. Anti-discrimination and public-accommodation laws are a whole other thing entirely. Facebook is entirely free to set up rules for using it.
So the government can watch the freedoms that it can't ban, be banned.

The bill of rights no longer has any meaning at that point, I will wipe my ass with it

I believe a free and open forum in which to discuss ideas is healthy for society. I also believe that free people should be free to ban anyone they choose from their private property or private web site. The American left is infamous for banning speech that opposes their ideology. The left cannot defeat the ideas of the right in an open forum so they must ban or limit the right from being able to present their ideas.

I believe a free and open forum in which to discuss ideas is healthy for society. I also believe that free people should be free to ban anyone they choose from their private property or private web site. The American left is infamous for banning speech that opposes their ideology. The left cannot defeat the ideas of the right in an open forum so they must ban or limit the right from being able to present their ideas.
This could spread though, Facebook could spread to automakers, supermarkets, and everything private, not allowing conservative users. It's wrong any way you look at it

Oh? Who on the right has been silenced??

Oh? Who on the right has been silenced??
Thousands of farcebook users...………………...probably nerer to a million if you count all the terrorist that the NSA/Facebook is tracking

They sure act like it and are protected by the media
Cries s rightard on a thread about how conservatives should be a protected class who should have the right to post on Facebook without being censored. :eusa_doh:

I’m tellin’ ya folks, you can’t make this shit up.

Poor trumpanzee victims....all the mean social media sites are picking on you......View attachment 209429
Wow, the left really hates free speech.......I didn't realize how much.
This comes from the side that likes Net Neutrality and the fairness doctrine....
The protection of free speech applies to the government, not private businesses. When are you dolts ever going to figure that out?

I don't believe anyone specified LEGAL protection from GOVERNMENT attacks on free speech. I believe he just said that the left hates people speaking freely.

When are YOU dolts going to learn to read?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back