What is this BS going around that the first Amendment only applies to the government, not Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously if Facebook can censor conservatives and it is not subject to the first Amendment, because it is not a public entity, but a private one, then we can all violate the first Amendment since we are all private entities.

So can Walmart not hire a certain color people? They are a private company.

Who thought this nonsense thru?
And yes, conservatives are truly this ignorant.

Private entities can't discriminate based on color pursuant to Commerce Clause jurisprudence, having nothing to do with the First Amendment.
But now private companies can discriminate based upon political ideology. Trust me if taco bell didn't let in democraps, you would be pissed

Can we be honest?

1. If you apply the Constitution literally then all kinds of stupidity can materialize. Gay marriage for example. Per the first amendment, I can tell my boss to fuck himself and he can't fire me, etc. etc.

2. You have to apply practical sense, which is regressing in this society. I shouldn't be allowed to post death threats in the buff on Facebook, for example. But they like most social media absolutely treat Conservatives and their opinions differently. I experience it first hand.

For example, when one party is applauded for advocating for dicks are chicks, while the other is censored for suggesting otherwise, that's a violation to anyone with a clear head.

Can we be honest?

1. If you apply the Constitution literally then all kinds of stupidity can materialize. Gay marriage for example. Per the first amendment, I can tell my boss to fuck himself and he can't fire me, etc. etc.

2. You have to apply practical sense, which is regressing in this society. I shouldn't be allowed to post death threats in the buff on Facebook, for example. But they like most social media absolutely treat Conservatives and their opinions differently. I experience it first hand.

For example, when one party is applauded for advocating for dicks are chicks, while the other is censored for suggesting otherwise, that's a clear violation to anyone with a clear head.
Facebook was created for terrorist to use actually

Can we be honest?

For example, when one party is applauded for advocating for dicks are chicks, while the other is censored for suggesting otherwise, that's a clear violation to anyone with a clear head.

Rosy, you're really a great representative for Trump. You keep it up!

Can we be honest?

Rosy, you're really a great representative for Trump. You keep it up!

And idiots like you convinced people to vote for Trump, he owns you his gratitude

Seriously if Facebook can censor conservatives and it is not subject to the first Amendment, because it is not a public entity, but a private one, then we can all violate the first Amendment since we are all private entities.

It's this thing called .... the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

But there are a lot of big words. And it sounds like it was written hundreds of years ago.

Can we be honest?

For example, when one party is applauded for advocating for dicks are chicks, while the other is censored for suggesting otherwise, that's a violation to anyone with a clear head.
Ah, so you are one who espouses the living constitution. It's a valid view, though not one I agree with.

But there are a lot of big words. And it sounds like it was written hundreds of years ago.
And words that sometimes meant things in the 18th century not exactly like the 21st century.

The second amendment was repealed decades ago. See a2 says the people have the right to weapons to form a militia to defeat a foreign power. But the government bans this and only allows small arms. So what constitution

Actually ? Walmart should have that right.

If I put an ad in the Reno paper looking for a Swedish appearing adult performer and Shameeka Lucinda Rodriguez Jones shows up to I have to hire it ?
images

Last edited:

The second amendment was repealed decades ago. See a2 says the people have the right to weapons to form a militia to defeat a foreign power. But the government bans this and only allows small arms. So what constitution
yes Rosy, the constitution is decided by wingnuts like you voting. The Founders wanted it that way.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Obvious, actually.
So can Walmart not hire conservatives or gays or whatever? Walmart is not public, they are private
Conservatives are not a protected class.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Obvious, actually.
So can Walmart not hire conservatives or gays or whatever? Walmart is not public, they are private
Then neither are democraps. like you, which means you have no right to Express your opinion. In your view that is, I believe you have the right to be stupid

yes Rosy, the constitution is decided by wingnuts like you voting. The Founders wanted it that way.
You lost, get over it

Obvious, actually.
Then neither are democraps. like you, which means you have no right to Express your opinion. In your view that is, I believe you have the right to be stupid
No one said Democrats are a protected class, ya flamin’ moron.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Obvious, actually.

So can Walmart...…?

Is Walmart Congress? Is Walmart passing a law?

Walmart is not public, they are private

And?
Again moron.

Facebook is a publicly traded private company
Walmart is a publicly traded private company

Thus Walmart can choose not to let conservatives shop in their stores, if Facebook is allowed to ban conservatives.

Anyone with a private company could choose not to hire a certain group because of their beliefs.

This is not the law as it stands.

How long would this fly?
No the first amendment only applies to government and not a private company like Walmart.

The problem is Facebook could be seen as a monopoly or even a utility....which means they need to cut this shit out. Let people figure out what is fake and what is not......it's not Facebook's job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back