What is this BS going around that the first Amendment only applies to the government, not Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
The people that facebook banned were banned entirely because of their conservative views, this is NO DIFFERENT then banning Jews because of their views
um . . . no, it is not.
Glad u agree with me. Have a nice day
Um . . . you do having a cognitive disorder problem, Comrade Rosy.
Again please notify the authorities if you believe I am a spy, they need a laugh
I would not be surprised if you have not been reported, Comrade Rosy.
So would I, but since you know that I am a spy you are s traitor if you do not turn me in.

He he he,

Seriously if Facebook can censor conservatives and it is not subject to the first Amendment, because it is not a public entity, but a private one, then we can all violate the first Amendment since we are all private entities.

So can Walmart not hire a certain color people? They are a private company.

Who thought this nonsense thru?

That's some very strange logic you have there.

You're talking about labor laws. Those are very separate things.

The constitution isn't our labor laws. The constitution doesn't have anything to do with labor laws. Labor laws specifically apply to employers.

We have laws that prohibit discrimination in hiring.

The constitution and those laws are two very different things and to try to equate one with the other is dishonest and ridiculous.

Last edited:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Obvious, actually.
So can Walmart not hire conservatives or gays or whatever? Walmart is not public, they are private

Again, the constitution and our labor laws are two very different things.

Stop being so dishonest.

Seriously if Facebook can censor conservatives and it is not subject to the first Amendment, because it is not a public entity, but a private one, then we can all violate the first Amendment since we are all private entities.

You're applying talking about laws. Those are very separate things.

The constitution isn't our labor laws. The constitution doesn't have anything to do with labor laws. Labor laws specifically apply to employers.

The constitution and those laws are two very different things and to try to equate one with the other is dishonest and ridiculous.
The purpose of the first amendment is to protect free speech. At the time it was written, there were no trillion dollar companies with the power to limit anyone's speech, not one

Is there a link to a article, or just your opinion.
If you can't Google what Facebook recently did, I can not help you.

So you just heard this from Fox, or Rush, or who knows who, you didn't read this anywhere?

I guess its just BS going around.
I will not help a moron.

Why, because in the end you will still be an uneducated moron

Just BS going around. LOL.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Obvious, actually.
So can Walmart not hire conservatives or gays or whatever? Walmart is not public, they are private

So can Walmart...…?

Is Walmart Congress? Is Walmart passing a law?

Walmart is not public, they are private

And?
Again moron.

Facebook is a publicly traded private company
Walmart is a publicly traded private company

Thus Walmart can choose not to let conservatives shop in their stores, if Facebook is allowed to ban conservatives.

Anyone with a private company could choose not to hire a certain group because of their beliefs.

This is not the law as it stands.

How long would this fly?

And what does the First Amendment say about publicly traded companies and free speech?
Cut and past the relevant section.

What does the law say about restricting conservatives, or say Jews because of their beliefs?

LOL, u r clueless

Not one jew in the GOP Senate so save your breath, and no one is restricting you cons.

It is on you to provide a link in your OP. Simple common sense, and also forum rules.
Dude I can provide 100 links that Climate change is real, and another 100 that climate change is fake.

You are lost in space if you think that any link on the internet proves anything.

If I provide a link PROVING that Trump can't win, does it mean Trump is not the President.

Google Facebook banning conservatives, or do you really need me to do it for you?

Link

Because the Don said what you see and hear is not true. Lucky for us we are not blind and deaf.

The purpose of the first amendment is to protect free speech. At the time it was written, there were no trillion dollar companies with the power to limit anyone's speech, not one

You obviously didn't read the first amendment and you're saying our constitution is the same as our labor and discrimination laws.

Walmart can't refuse to hire a minority because of our labor laws. Not because of the first amendment.

Our labor laws clearly state it applies to employers.

Our first amendment applies to the constitution. The first amendment says congress can't pass any laws abridging free speech. It doesn't say an employer can't create laws that abridge free speech.

You seriously need to learn the english language and the difference between the constitution and our labor and discrimination laws comrade.

Your whole argument is nothing but a lie.

So you just heard this from Fox, or Rush, or who knows who, you didn't read this anywhere?

I guess its just BS going around.
I will not help a moron.

Why, because in the end you will still be an uneducated moron

Just BS going around. LOL.
That u keep responding too. So what attracts you to shit

So can Walmart...…?

Is Walmart Congress? Is Walmart passing a law?

Walmart is not public, they are private

And?
Again moron.

Thus Walmart can choose not to let conservatives shop in their stores, if Facebook is allowed to ban conservatives.

Anyone with a private company could choose not to hire a certain group because of their beliefs.

This is not the law as it stands.

How long would this fly?

And what does the First Amendment say about publicly traded companies and free speech?
Cut and past the relevant section.

What does the law say about restricting conservatives, or say Jews because of their beliefs?

LOL, u r clueless

Not one jew in the GOP Senate so save your breath, and no one is restricting you cons.
I am speaking for all the people, not the senate.

Have you always hated jews?

It is on you to provide a link in your OP. Simple common sense, and also forum rules.
Dude I can provide 100 links that Climate change is real, and another 100 that climate change is fake.

You are lost in space if you think that any link on the internet proves anything.

If I provide a link PROVING that Trump can't win, does it mean Trump is not the President.

Google Facebook banning conservatives, or do you really need me to do it for you?

Link

Because the Don said what you see and hear is not true. Lucky for us we are not blind and deaf.

Hillary can not lose

Last edited:

Obvious, actually.
Facebook did not ban all Conservatives. Your post and this thread are based on an entirely false premise.
The people that facebook banned were banned entirely because of their conservative views, this is NO DIFFERENT then banning Jews because of their views

Your politics are not a protected class. Also Alex Jones has made inflammatory statements that are not protected.

Explain to me why Alex Jones' statements are not protected. Be specific.

Link

Jews? Hillary can not lose

rosy you are a Russia , no if , ands or but around it.

You obviously didn't read the first amendment and you're saying our constitution is the same as our labor and discrimination laws.

Walmart can't refuse to hire a minority because of our labor laws. Not because of the first amendment.

Our labor laws clearly state it applies to employers.

Our first amendment applies to the constitution. The first amendment says congress can't pass any laws abridging free speech. It doesn't say an employer can't create laws that abridge free speech.

You seriously need to learn the english language and the difference between the constitution and our labor and discrimination laws comrade.

Your whole argument is nothing but a lie.
The first amendment was written to protect freedom. It mentioned only the govt because at the time there were no companies able to deny freedoms to the public, this is no longer the case.

So you approve of Walmart not serving conservatives if they so chose?

Interesting

Obvious, actually.
Facebook did not ban all Conservatives. Your post and this thread are based on an entirely false premise.

Your politics are not a protected class. Also Alex Jones has made inflammatory statements that are not protected.

Explain to me why Alex Jones' statements are not protected. Be specific.
Because Jones exposed facebook as being part of the nsa

Link

Jews? Hillary can not lose

rosy you are a Russia , no if , ands or but around it.

Then your responsibility as an American is to notify the fbi......

Please do the right thing

lol

Yes, conservatives are truly this stupid.

And yes, conservatives are truly this ignorant.

Private entities can't discriminate based on color pursuant to Commerce Clause jurisprudence, having nothing to do with the First Amendment.

No it only applies to Republicans.
Laws aren’t for Republicans because they’re white.
Laws are only for Democrats.
Republicans are well aware of this fact.

The same thing for rights like free speech.
They only apply to Republicans.

lol

Yes, conservatives are truly this stupid.
How many shares of apple do you own?

Run forest run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back