What is this BS going around that the first Amendment only applies to the government, not Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walmart does not have to sell fake products any more than Facebook has to push fake conspiracy whackjob bullshit.

Exactly. I’d youre not paying for a service, you are the product. Facebook decided not to carry the product called “Alex Jones”
Faceboof does not like Alex because he outed the entire company as an NSA data mine, set to track terrorist. At this point one of Facebooks supposed problems is that they can not delete terrorist profiles fast enough. The NSA has every one of these IP addresses. Alex just told the truth, like Snowden, both are heroes as they are protecting the American people with the truth

Or......Alex Jones violated their terms of service.

Seriously if Facebook can censor conservatives and it is not subject to the first Amendment, because it is not a public entity, but a private one, then we can all violate the first Amendment since we are all private entities.

So can Walmart not hire a certain color people? They are a private company.

Who thought this nonsense thru?

You’re confused. Refusing to hire someone because they are black isn’t a first amendment violation.

Read the amendment. Then tell us who it restricts.

Spoiler alert: it’s not Facebook.
There is the amendment, and then there are laws.

However can Walmart refuse to let conservatives use their product (stores to buy wares) just for being conservative as Farcebooger did?

Sure, why not? They'd basically be deliberately going out of business, but it should be their call - not the government's.

Nah, what if other retailers joined and conservatives could not buy food. Would this violate any human rights?

Facebook isn’t a human right. Nor is posting there analogous to food.

You’re really, really reaching.

Walmart does not have to sell fake products any more than Facebook has to push fake conspiracy whackjob bullshit.

Exactly. I’d youre not paying for a service, you are the product. Facebook decided not to carry the product called “Alex Jones”
Faceboof does not like Alex because he outed the entire company as an NSA data mine, set to track terrorist. At this point one of Facebooks supposed problems is that they can not delete terrorist profiles fast enough. The NSA has every one of these IP addresses. Alex just told the truth, like Snowden, both are heroes as they are protecting the American people with the truth

Maybe. Maybe Facebook are the heroes for squelching insane rumors. The point is, it's up to everyone to decide what they want to promote and what they don't. If you don't like the way Facebook does things, don't look at their website.

Seriously if Facebook can censor conservatives and it is not subject to the first Amendment, because it is not a public entity, but a private one, then we can all violate the first Amendment since we are all private entities.

You’re confused. Refusing to hire someone because they are black isn’t a first amendment violation.

However can Walmart refuse to let conservatives use their product (stores to buy wares) just for being conservative as Farcebooger did?

So you’ve abanndoned the 1st amendment nonsense. Good. It wasn’t working for you.

Alex Jones was a product for Facebook. Anyone who uses the service is. They sell their product (users) to advertisers. And chose not to carry the product Alex Jones due to terms of service violations.

Walmart can choose to stop carrying any product they like. And routinely have.

Again Alex ratted out what Facebook really is on their own network to other users.

Shit even CNN agrees

NSA mines Facebook, including Americans' profiles - CNN

Sure, why not? They'd basically be deliberately going out of business, but it should be their call - not the government's.

Nah, what if other retailers joined and conservatives could not buy food. Would this violate any human rights?

If facebook can deny its service to conservatives, so can any or all supermarkets

Maybe. Maybe Facebook are the heroes for squelching insane rumors. The point is, it's up to everyone to decide what they want to promote and what they don't. If you don't like the way Facebook does things, don't look at their website.
Look, what I post here is available to all, some like it some don't I understand that. What you post on Facebook is not your intellectual property, they own it, and worse they forward it to whom they choose, or block it from who they choose as well. Its stupid

If facebook can deny its service to conservatives, so can any or all supermarkets

Exactly. This is exactly why it's so important that businesses retain their freedom in this regard. Facebook should be free to censor its content as much as its users, and its stockholders, will let it get away with. Some of us might appreciate it. Some of us won't. But it should be their call and not the government's.

Your analogy doesn’t work. Facebook isn’t selling its service to Facebook users. Supermarkets are selling products.

Facebook users aren’t buying a prodict from Facebook. Facebook users ARE the product. Facebook sells them (more accurately, their information and access to them) to advertisers.

An accurate analogy would be could Walmart stop carrying a particular product. And the answer is of course they could. Just as Facebook can stop selling any product it wishes. Just as they did when they stopped selling the product called “Alex Jones”.

Exactly. This is exactly why it's so important that businesses retain their freedom in this regard. Facebook should be free to censor its content as much as its users, and its stockholders, will let it get away with. Some of us might appreciate it. Some of us won't. But it should be their call and not the government's.

Political views are a protected right and are guaranteed under A1, if not I could not call Barak Obama a terrorist and proud gay American who is married to a man and let transexuals into little girls rooms.

I can say this because this speech is protected, except on farcebook

Look, what I post here is available to all, some like it some don't I understand that. What you post on Facebook is not your intellectual property, they own it, and worse they forward it to whom they choose, or block it from who they choose as well. Its stupid

No, it isn’t. There are all sorts of banned posters. They can’t ready anything you post here.

Nor can they post here.

And of course, Infowars follows the same “follow our rules or we’ll ban you” terms Of service as Facebook.

upload_2018-8-8_20-2-30.jpeg

Political views are a protected right and are guaranteed under A1, if not I could not call Barak Obama a terrorist and proud gay American who is married to a man and let transexuals into little girls rooms.

The first amendment limits the government from infringing on speech. You don’t quite get what rights are.

Ah man... I kept thinking you were playing an angle. But you really are just stupid.

As has been explained to you several times in this thread, your rights protect you from government oppression. They don't mandate that other people accommodate you.

Ah man... I kept thinking you were playing an angle. But you really are just stupid.

As has been explained to you several times in this thread, your rights protect you from government oppression. They don't mandate that other people accommodate you.

Yup. The first amendment limits government action. Thats it.

No, it isn’t. There are all sorts of banned posters. They can’t ready anything you post here.

Nor can they post here.

And of course, Infowars follows the same “follow our rules or we’ll ban you” terms Of service as Facebook.

View attachment 209312

The cool thing is that Trump is mocking all of this, because the more the rights of the people are restricted by the set system, the more people vote to make America great again.

Trump has reset the rules, and the swamp is shit scared

The government should certainly not oppress, but their further purpose is to protect us from oppression.

The government should certainly not oppress, but their further purpose is to protect us from oppression.

You don’t seem to get how any of this works. I don’t think you’ve actually taken a look at the first amendment. Here you go:

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.”

Notice not a single mention of Facebook

Nor can they post here.

View attachment 209312

The cool thing is that Trump is mocking all of this, because the more the rights of the people are restricted by the set system, the more people vote to make America great again.

Trump has reset the rules, and the swamp is shit scared

As all the guilty pleas and indictments of Trump associates demonstrates......Trump is the swamp.

You don’t seem to get how any of this works. I don’t think you’ve actually taken a look at the first amendment. Here you go:

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.”

What is the purpose of that Amendment?

Answer, so that free speech is guaranteed.

What you need to accept now is that Facebook is the US government, created and run and fully accessible at all points and times by the NSA. Snowden still has proof of this and other crimes on his laptop

You may now call me a conspiracy theorist, I consider the truth an honor to spread

What you need to accept now is that Facebook is the US government, created and run and fully accessible at all points and times by the NSA. Snowden still has proof of this and other crimes on his laptop

You may now call me a conspiracy theorist, I consider the truth an honor to spread

Again, for the fourth time, the purpose of the 1st amendment was to limit government.

The only entity limited by the 1st amendment......is government.

Again, for the fourth time, the purpose of the 1st amendment was to limit government.

The only entity limited by the 1st amendment......is government.

The purpose of the first amendment was to guarantee freedom. At the time in a fledgling country no one could imagine trillion dollar companies that could block anyone.

It used to take 6 months to send a message from the US to London, now a message can go there and be responded to in well under 10 seconds. Computers did and are continuing to change the World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back