CDZ What is White Privilege?

Do you subscribe to the idea of White Privilege

• Total voters
I didn't mind being lumped into a group. Because the lumper was using invalid reasoning, thus I was never any more part of that lump than I was when the lady on the corner said that I was standing on her dog. The absence of the dog, sort of relived me of any actual liability... to it was then as it was here... just an entertaining moment produced by an irrational mind.

As irrational as someone who thinks that the whole American black population is in Ferguson, MO? And that none of them disapprove of riots, looting, and assault?

ROFLMNAO! Ok... so all we need to do to accept your feeling is pretend that the black culture is not what it is.

Gotcha... (LOL! Nothing particularly irrational about THAT... . )

Do you think what you see in Ferguson is all of black culture? That's your evidence of what black people think and condone?

Maybe that's your problem- er, privilege.

So you want to dismiss the responsibility of the culture for the behavior of the individual?

Go figure... . (Nothing particularly IRRATIONAL about THAT?)

Not nearly as irrational as dealing with people solely as members of a group.

I repeat, Ferguson does not have the entire black population within its borders.

ROFLMNAO!

You're helpless. But no more so than any other adherent to Left-think.

But let's return to the issue: White Privilege is the result of the behavior of white people... Blacks demanding that their poor behavior should not subject them to being treated in accordance with such.

It is the same thing as the Sexually Abnormal demanding that their deviancy should not be excluded by standards which are designed to protect the institution from PRECISELY THAT.

It's sociopathy in the extreme; a perversion of human reasoning, which can only result in driving the culture further into madness... .

It's a term used by bleeding heart white Liberals and entitlement minded non whites to place the blame for their failures on someone else.

As irrational as someone who thinks that the whole American black population is in Ferguson, MO? And that none of them disapprove of riots, looting, and assault?

ROFLMNAO! Ok... so all we need to do to accept your feeling is pretend that the black culture is not what it is.

Gotcha... (LOL! Nothing particularly irrational about THAT... . )

Do you think what you see in Ferguson is all of black culture? That's your evidence of what black people think and condone?

Maybe that's your problem- er, privilege.

So you want to dismiss the responsibility of the culture for the behavior of the individual?

Go figure... . (Nothing particularly IRRATIONAL about THAT?)

Not nearly as irrational as dealing with people solely as members of a group.

I repeat, Ferguson does not have the entire black population within its borders.

ROFLMNAO!

You're helpless. But no more so than any other adherent to Left-think.

But let's return to the issue: White Privilege is the result of the behavior of white people... Blacks demanding that their poor behavior should not subject them to being treated in accordance with such.

It is the same thing as the Sexually Abnormal demanding that their deviancy should not be excluded by standards which are designed to protect the institution from PRECISELY THAT.

It's sociopathy in the extreme; a perversion of human reasoning, which can only result in driving the culture further into madness... .

You make nice word salad.

This is the heart of the matter.

White privilege is the result of the behavior of white people......

......but black people who behave exactly as "white people" (I'm going to assume, based on your previous posts, that it means going to school, having a job, being a reasonably law-abiding citizen) are not treated the same as white people.

And white people who don't behave as well as white people are known for, still are often given the benefit of the doubt, when their behavior falls short of their cultural expectations.

Last edited:

......but black people who behave exactly as "white people" (I'm going to assume, based on your previous posts, that it means going to school, having a job, being a reasonably law-abiding citizen) and not be treated the same as white people.

And white people who don't behave as well as white people are known for, still are often given the benefit of the doubt, when their behavior falls short of their cultural expectations.

I'd like to see examples of this please. Please provide SOMETHING to back up your ridiculous assertions.

......but black people who behave exactly as "white people" (I'm going to assume, based on your previous posts, that it means going to school, having a job, being a reasonably law-abiding citizen) and not be treated the same as white people.

Yes, you've framed it brilliantly.

'White Privilege is the illusion presenting from a perversion of human reasoning.'

I already provided several examples in this thread of white privilege.

LoneLaugher, I believe it was, provided an excellent article about rules that wealthy black parents had to give to their children because wealth didn't protect them from the prejudices of others.

'White Privilege is the illusion presenting from a perversion of human reasoning.'

Who are you quoting?

Who are you quoting?

Paraphrasing... I'm paraphrasing you.

Who are you quoting?

It's not a paraphrase if you're using either single or double quotations.

It's just dishonest.

Who are you quoting?

It's just dishonest.

Actually, apostrophes are indicative of semi-quote or paraphrase, and quotations are indicative of a quote.

"It" is simply setting what you said into a soundly reasoned context. Ya see the way you said it, was irrational... .

Last edited:

Who are you quoting?

It's just dishonest.

Actually, commas are indicative of semi-quote or paraphrase, and quotations are indicative of a quote.

"It" is simply setting what you said into a soundly reasoned context. Ya see the way you said it, was irrational... .

If they're floating up near the top of the letters, it's not a comma. It's an apostrophe. Apostrophes that encase a phrase or sentence are called "single quotes."

Usually single quotes are used when you've got a quote inside a quote:

I told him, "Sally went to the store. Before she went, she said, 'I'm going to get some milk.'"

Still, they're quotes, and you did not quote me. To put it that way was a lie.

Who are you quoting?

It's just dishonest.

Actually, apostrophes are indicative of semi-quote or paraphrase, and quotations are indicative of a quote.

If they're floating up near the top of the letters, it's not a comma. It's an apostrophe. Apostrophes that encase a phrase or sentence are called "single quotes."

I told him, "Sally went to the store. Before she went, she said, 'I'm going to get some milk.'"

LOL! That's cute what ya did there.

Well your desperate need for a discussion of punctuation indicates your having yielded from the standing points, thus your inevitable concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

Last edited:
Who are you quoting?

It's just dishonest.

Well your desperate need for a discussion of punctuation indicates your having yielded from the standing points, thus your inevitable concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

You misquoted. Integrity about what each of us has said is key to the discussion. Passing it off as a paraphrase is a lie, when it is surrounded by quotes.

I'm just being clear. I haven't misrepresented you, and I haven't insulted you. You have now done both to me in this thread. You disappoint me.

It's just dishonest.

You misquoted. Integrity about what each of us has said is key to the discussion. Passing it off as a paraphrase is a lie, when it is surrounded by quotes.

I'm just being clear. I haven't misrepresented you, and I haven't insulted you. You have now done both to me in this thread. You disappoint me.

Your second concession within the same issue, is duly noticed and summarily accepted.

It's just dishonest.

Your second concession within the same issue, is duly noticed and summarily accepted.

In that case, your reading comprehension is questionable. Nothing has been conceded, the thread has simply run its course. I've answered everything you've written, until you decided to misquote me, when I then had to school you on punctuation.

Really, if you have anything else to add that isn't a mischaracterization, by all means continue.

In that case, your reading comprehension is questionable. Nothing has been conceded, the thread has simply run its course. I've answered everything you've written, until you decided to misquote me, when I then had to school you on punctuation.

Really, if you have anything else to add that isn't a mischaracterization, by all means continue.

Well, where one yields from the point, they concede to the point.

Concession: the action of conceding to, granting, or yielding from something.

Sadly, for your feelings that concessions require your overt surrender, they do not. Your concession is that which occurs by default.

It is both, thank you for getting it.

Going by "reputation," over the behavior of an individual actually in front of you, is part and parcel of white privilege, and of course, racism. See, racism and white privilege are two sides of the same coin.

I have, through my own experience and the experience of others, learned that fire will generally burn when touched. Perhaps this fire in front of me now will be different though. Shall I test it out?

In all seriousness though, I get what you are saying. But you have to understand too that you would be a fool to put your life in jeopardy by ignoring real averages, or even commonly held stereotypes that might be wrong. When it comes to personal safety or the safety of those you feel obligated to protect, you err on the side of caution. If there is no threat to your well being you can luxuriate in the freedom to cast aside stereotypes and critically examine the individual you are dealing with, and in those situations you would be a fool to rely on stereotypes to inform your decisions.

I object to your thought that "Going by 'reputation,' over the behavior of an individual actually in front of you, is[...] racism."

It can be racism if race is what you are basing your decisions on, but if the general appearance of the individual is what you are examining, race doesn't have to play a role at all. The "thug" look is intimidating no matter the race of the individual employing it. It is intended to be so. When a person dresses or acts in a manner that is intended to intimidate, you are altogether justified in exercising caution in dealing with that person without even considering the race of the person in question.

Forum List

Back