CDZ What is White Privilege?

Do you subscribe to the idea of White Privilege

• Total voters
Educating yourself is not relying on luck. I think ahead only in the context of how to further my profits. There is no such thing as a disaster plan. The best laid plans fail all the time. Everything is a cycle. There are good times and bad. The funny thing is the more you dwell on the bad the more you stay in that down cycle.

There is no such thing as a disaster plan? Really? I guess backing up our data off-site is a waste right? If there is a disaster in our Data Center we should just say, "oh well it was a disaster. There was nothing we could have done." Let's ignore the fact that we've used such measures to recover from minor disasters already.

Is it your contention that there is no point in considering risk in deciding the best path to maximize your profit?
No backing up data is not a waste. However, doing so could expose your data to hackers, unauthorized access from the companies personnel that houses your data, and in the event of a disaster, no backup. Thats totally different from living your life worried a Black person is going to attack you but you knew that and thats why you are deflecting.

I'm not living my life worried that some black person is going to attack me. If, in the course of living my life, I come into contact with a person who, by my estimation, appears confrontational or aggressive, I will, in that situation, act with due caution. Will you?
I thought you were the one that said you were "cautious of Blacks" or something to that effect. I dont recall you saying anythig about being the person being confrontational or aggressive or is that just the natural state of a Black person to you? If someone attacks me and they are rainbow colored I will put a foot in their ass. What I wont do is assume all rainbow colored people are out to get me and live my life fearful of that event.

Perhaps you should check your understanding of my posts. I never said I was cautious of blacks. I will be cautious of people who dress like thugs regardless of their race.
What does a thug dress like? I know thugs that wear suits and straight A high school kids that wear sagging pants and hoodies.

Do I subscribe to the idea of white privilege? I selected yes just to jump in. Do I believe it exists? Yes, just as I believe yellow privilege, brown privilege, black privilege, red privilege, etc. exist. Do I support it? No. Do I condone it? Probably more than I realize. Do I benefit from it? Probably more than I realize. Is it legal? There are some laws that say its not.
What the hell is Black privilege? Never heard of that one.
If you needed to hire someone for your business, and I and a black man who were both equally qualified for the position came in to apply, who would you hire?

Do I subscribe to the idea of white privilege? I selected yes just to jump in. Do I believe it exists? Yes, just as I believe yellow privilege, brown privilege, black privilege, red privilege, etc. exist. Do I support it? No. Do I condone it? Probably more than I realize. Do I benefit from it? Probably more than I realize. Is it legal? There are some laws that say its not.
What the hell is Black privilege? Never heard of that one.
If you needed to hire someone for your business, and I and a black man who were both equally qualified for the position came in to apply, who would you hire?
You first. I want you to answer my question.

I'm trying to answer your question by providing an example. Doesn't have to be specific to you. If a black business owner hires a black man based solely on his skin color. That is black privilege. You can put in any color for the business owner and any color for the employee, if the position is filled based solely on skin color, that is racial privilege.

I'm trying to answer your question by providing an example. Doesn't have to be specific to you. If a black business owner hires a black man based solely on his skin color. That is black privilege. You can put in any color for the business owner and any color for the employee, if the position is filled based solely on skin color, that is racial privilege.
Thats not Black privilege. Thats called a one off. For example. If I hire only Black people as a Black business owner how does that negatively impact white people as a group since they own all of the resources, jobs, etc in this country?

Last edited:
Thats not Black privilege. Thats called a one off. For example. If I hire only Black people as a Black business owner how does that impact white people as a group since they own all of the resources, jobs, etc in this country?

'In for a penny, in for a pound'

'What's good for the goose is good for the gander'

It's okay to have a little 'black privilege', but no 'white privilege'?

Sounds inconsistent to me.

Since white people "own all of the resources, jobs, etc in this country", I guess my question was completely hypothetical. Racism is propogated by a hundred, a thousand, a million "one offs" stacked together.

Thats not Black privilege. Thats called a one off. For example. If I hire only Black people as a Black business owner how does that impact white people as a group since they own all of the resources, jobs, etc in this country?

Correct. If you want to call a Black person hiring only Blacks some sort of privilege it has to be equal to the amount of jobs available to whites from white owned businesses. I would be limited in the amount of Black people I could hire if I say had a business setting up voip network for companies. I am only one of a few Black companies while there are literally thousands of white companies that hire primarily white people.

It's an excuse used by some to rationalize why they have not achieved as much as someone else has.
That tends to happen when the people they are comparing themselves against had a 400 year head start in building their achievements and legally kept the other group from establishing the same foundation.

Correct. If you want to call a Black person hiring only Blacks some sort of privilege it has to be equal to the amount of jobs available to whites from white owned businesses. I would be limited in the amount of Black people I could hire if I say had a business setting up voip network for companies. I am only one of a few Black companies while there are literally thousands of white companies that hire primarily white people.
Why does it have to be equal? Isn't discrimination discrimination, no matter who does it? Shouldn't you be committed to providing EQUAL opportunities just as much as you demand of others?

Why does it have to be equal? Isn't discrimination discrimination, no matter who does it? Shouldn't you be committed to providing EQUAL opportunities just as much as you demand of others?
In a perfect world yes. However, we know the economic and academic injury to Blacks due to slavery and jim crow put Blacks behind the curve. You had 400 years of unobstructed opportunity. We have had a little over 50. Do the math. If you truly want things to be equal then you wouldnt have a problem giving up your self mandated position at the front of the line.

It's an excuse used by some to rationalize why they have not achieved as much as someone else has.
That tends to happen when the people they are comparing themselves against had a 400 year head start in building their achievements and legally kept the other group from establishing the same foundation.
Really so are whites who have not achieved as much as other whites also victims of white privilege? Are blacks, and Hispanics who have not achieved the same as other blacks and Hispanics victims of black and Hispanic privilege?

I give, what is white privilege? A Myth? Like the high black crime rates? Never been hurt by rich whites, in the flesh, but poor blacks have done plenty of harm. If they want any sympathy, they need to lay off the poor "little us we are victims" crap. Because all they have to do is stop being stupid and lay off the racism malarkey.

Really so are whites who have not achieved as much as other whites also victims of white privilege? Are blacks, and Hispanics who have not achieved the same as other blacks and Hispanics victims of black and Hispanic privilege?
I tend to think there is absolutely no excuse for whites that cant achieve. My first thought would be they are simply lazy or had some horrific childhood. Like I said whites have had a chance to build up a system that caters to their people. They dont like something they just change the law. They own all the major systems judicial, financial, and political. I think Hispanics suffer to a less harsh degree than Blacks for several reasons. They actually never have had their foundation taken from them. They have less hurdles to jump including whites would prefer a Hispanic over a Black depending on what you mean by Hispanic.

bigotry is formulated in the minds of those who believe their perception of reality is the one and only truth

bigotry is formulated in the minds of those who believe their perception of reality is the one and only truth
That sounds deep. Until someone can show me something different why would I doubt my own perception?

I tend to think there is absolutely no excuse for whites that cant achieve. Like I said whites have had a chance to build up a system that caters to their people. They dont like something they just change the law. I think Hispanics suffer to a less harsh degree than Blacks for several reasons. They actually never have had their foundation taken from them. They have less hurdles to jump including whites would prefer a Hispanic over a Black depending on what you mean by Hispanic.
Just so we are clear it's your contention that slavery something we have not had for well over a 100 years is still keeping blacks from achieving success? Interesting concept but we do have black people all across the nation who have achieved success including the current President. So how did they do this and why can't others follow the pattern they used to achieve whatever goals they might have for success?

I tend to think there is absolutely no excuse for whites that cant achieve. Like I said whites have had a chance to build up a system that caters to their people. They dont like something they just change the law. I think Hispanics suffer to a less harsh degree than Blacks for several reasons. They actually never have had their foundation taken from them. They have less hurdles to jump including whites would prefer a Hispanic over a Black depending on what you mean by Hispanic.
Just so we are clear it's your contention that slavery something we have not had for well over a 100 years is still keeping blacks from achieving success? Interesting concept but we do have black people all across the nation who have achieved success including the current President. So how did they do this and why can't others follow the pattern they used to achieve whatever goals they might have for success?

As far as successes thats what Black people tend to do. We succeed no matter the odds. That is not going to be all of us at the same time simply due to different starting positions in life. BO for example was trained in white society. He had a better head start. He lived around the people that gave him the mindset to deal with whites that control all the resources. The more successful Blacks typically can trace family roots back to people who were not slaves, were able to hold onto land, or were freed prior to the majority of the other slaves. Each generation teaches the next. If those that teach you are already highly functioning chances are you will do the same. If your previous generation doesnt have the tools to teach you how to succeed chances are you wont.

Forum List

Back